(2012/04) Apr 2012

Yah pinkbunny, I'm sure we can do it.. Haha jiayou jiayou!! U gt any helper? I'm act. Not really a sahm coz I'm helping my hubby with his business in the late afternoon when my mum is bk frm work... But I will become a sahm when my #2 popped Liao. Eh, I'm using those heat pads stick on kind, tink is quite similar with wat u r using ba.. Glad to know tat it's safe...

Qiqi, tink it's common tat the #1 will get sticky when we have #2...my boy also like tat. I'm nw trying to get daddy involved with his daily activities..or bring him out etc.. Abit late but better than nothing. Hopefully can divert alittle attention of his to his papa.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies!

It's been a looong while since I popped in cos of super duper busy period leading up to CNY..

I went for my gynae check last sat and I lost weight =(( Not sure if its due to work stress now I'm feeling really bad.. baby was abt 800g at 26+ weeks..is that ok? Gynae did mention that baby's stomach is a little tiny.. now hoping to eat more!

Im feeling full very quickly these days and dont seem to be able to eat much, any mummies with the same experience?

p/s: Anyone here who can add me to the FB group? Email: [email protected] (I tried to PM previously but got no reply =X)

hi smallpea!
actually i'm the opposite. i feel hungry almost immediately after eating! don't worry, i'm sure your baby is ok. maybe it'll just be a miao tiao little one
happy.gif
most times even if mummies do not put on alot of weight, babies will be ok cos all nutrients go to babies. that's why women tend to get oesteoporosis; calcium all goes to babies mah

SG
nope, no helper. everything ga gi lai! you've got a nice arrangement. even when you turn SAHM, will your mum be able to help out a little?

sticky sticky
my hubby is quite hands on but still #1 is sticky with me cos i spend more time with her. like if i put her to bed, that means hubby's evening is free from the time we go into room. but if he puts her to bed, she will still come out and tell me 'papa forgot to sing goodnight song to me'. alamak. but it's nice la, that she's close to me
happy.gif

Hi Pinkbunny,

Thanks for the assurance! =) That means I gotta bump up my calcium intake!

I am also thinking if I should give up my job and be a SAHM at the little one pops.. but then again, it's really tough! =X hmmm

For the record, i envy those miao tiao mommies who put on so little weight. i'm the sort who puts on weight like nobody's business. at 27.5 weeks, i've put on 20kgs
sad.gif
(((

So don't be sad ok? Here i am hoping NOT to put on so much weight!

For the record, i envy those miao tiao mommies who put on so little weight. i'm the sort who puts on weight like nobody's business. at 27.5 weeks, i've put on 20kgs
sad.gif
(((

So don't be sad ok? Here i am hoping NOT to put on so much weight!

Oh ya.. mommies i saw Drypers on sale starting today at Guardian stores.

26th Jan - 22nd Feb, buy 2nd pack at 40% off. But mostly bigger sizes, I only saw L, XL and XXL sizes.. so for 2nd or 3rd time mommies, go grab if your lil 1 is on Drypers

Pinkbunny, no wor coz currently I'm staying with mh
Mum coz hubby's office nearer. But will be moving bk to my place after my confinement so I'll be left with no helper too.. Tats why stressed. Haha

Wah gd tat yr hubby can still tuck in bed with yr girl. If my hubby does so, my son will reject n ended up both of them
Playing games instead of sleep #%%^***=

Weight gain: aiyo so far I tink I gained ard 8kg Liao. I 'm still carrying 3kg from my previous pregnancy. Sianzzzz...

Littledd, r u those small frame or underweight ones? I gained 16kg in my previous pregnancy haha after birth lost 5kg nia. Slowly lost weight of 8kgs in two yrs and left with stubborn 3kg refused to leave me
sad.gif

SG (sherg): I was 47kgs. 1.6m pre preggy days. now 66kgs liao... I've heard of many mommies who breastfeed and will magically lose all the baby weight in less than a year.

Littledd, u r underweight leh... Normally underweight will gain more during pregnancy. I was 46kg n 1.58m in my first pregnancy n I gained 16kg. No worries lah will slowly lost weight de. I did breastfeed but only for 4mths...I put on weight during confinement coz my mil forced me to finish my food.
sad.gif
haha tats why l lost weight so slow... Hee

Kimmy - for the tommee tippee bottles, i use the advent steriliser. It's a little squeezy as the bottles are REALLY wide neck but can sterilise about 4 to 5 at a go.

I bought like 6 for my son about 3 years ago and he still using them now - so they've really served me well. They also seldom leak unless you forget to close them properly la.

smallpea, I'm with you, my weight gain the last 1 month been yoyo around 6-7-6kg, however, I can see that my bump is expanding!!! I'm expecting this because I simply couldn't stomach any food even though they are my favorite, comes to meal time, I always don't feel like eating, breakfast is the only meal that I can stomach. Lunch I ate because is lunch time, dinner is the worst, sometime, I may even skip it totally!!! On 1 hand, I'm happy that I not gaining too much like no.1, on the other hand, I'm afraid that baby is below my expectation weight of 3.5kg.

MeinMe, just curious..if bb more than 3.5kg, won't it be too big to be delivered? Mine #1 was 3.18kg when he was borned in 38weeks. I already feel that he's quite big already and i had abt 7-8 stitches =( took quite awhile to heal wor. i wish i won't gain so much weight but dunno why i'm not eating as much as my #1 and i'm gaining weight rapidly. Gynea gave warning liao.

SG, no.1 is 3.545kg at 37.5w, cesarean because last min pre-clampsia at 37w. Going with previous experience, I'll need to go under the knife and also save the hassle of all the uncertainty, just arranged at 38w if all goes well. Usually, 2nd one will be 100-200gm heavier than no.1.

Talked about that, my colleague just gave birth 2-3 weeks ago, 3.9 naturally! I heard she shared that she dare not go poo poo because of the BIG cut! Confirmed that this has freaked me out ultimately, and double confirmed my decision to go cesarean.

Meinme, Wow..3.545 at 37weeks is big leh. Very gd weight. I gained so much bb come out 3.18nia haha all the fats go to me. My goodness, 3.9kg is Hugh lor... The cut muz be very big...mine till the back wor, dare nt poo too. Ouch!! Wat exactly is pre clampsia?

SG - hypertension aka high-blood pressure. All the while I was on the lower end then suddenly shot up!!! For this time, I need to monitor closely to hope/ensure that "history" don't repeat. This has got nothing to do with your food intake or what, it's a "malfunction" of your placenta.

Meinme, I see... I gt a fren who recently gave birth at 37weeks also admitted earlier than edd due to high blood pressure. So we won't know hw we got it until our gynea advised so? Hmmm.. So unpredictable. Toking abt blood pressure, recently I had a very bad experience ard two weeks bk.. I was feeling breathless n giddy at kopitiam while waiting for my food. I was sitting down but before i know, I actually fainted while sitting. When I opened my eyes so many uncles aunties surrounded me...so stunned n I dun even rmbr hw I fainted. Luckily my hubby was ard to hold me from my back. He told me I rolled my eyes n was mumbling non stop. Sounds so scary
sad.gif
tat was my first time fainted, was act. Quite worried if my bb is ok but he's moving time to time, I presume everything is alrite coz I couldn't get an earlier appointment then. Dunno issit low blood pressure orwat... Gt to ask my gynea nx wk.

Gynae told me not to eat durian as bb already on the big size. Seeing him next week. Hope i didn't gain too much due to CNY feasting!! haha.

Hubby is so controlling my sweet intake. Boo!

Hi Sherg, I felt faint before when I was late eating lunch. Was nearly 1 pm and I had had an early breakfast before going shopping at Robinson's Sale (so lots of walking around). Quickly got an ice-cream cone to eat. So your fainting spell could have been due to low blood sugar and not anything to do with blood pressure.

Hi Cheekyduckie I have pm u too! Please add me to the FB grp.

SG and El, I also have giddy spells lately. A week ago, my giddy spell lasted almost half a day... I felt as if suddenly the world became more 'distant' and the objects in my view couldn't focus. I spoke to my gynae about it before. But he said it's common and advised me to drink sugar drinks or eat sweets. So when that happens to me, I'd drink ribena. Usually ribena helps. But ever since that day, I hadn't got any more giddy spells...

Went for my gynae appt yday. 28weeks and baby is 1.03kg. Gynae says is ok. Feels tt baby might b less than 3kg when I gib birth ba. All wgt gain is on me. Hope baby can hit 3kgs at 38weeks.

Told gynae abt my constant giddiness and he mentioned tt my blood pressure is normal but on the low side.

Mummies who have PMed me, please be patient. I am waiting for emails to get routed to me. =P
I will be sending you a friend request, cos I can only add you to the group after you accept the request. Can I also seek your cooperation to LOOK for the INTRO Thread in the FB grp and introduce yourselves!

Sg
With first pregnancy I also felt faint. One min I was washing dishes, next min I caught myself falling to floor! Super quick faint!

Could be hunger like what some of the mummies share. Or blood pressure like what qiqi says. Milo works for me. Mummies, must remember to eat ok?

Oh btw some fruit juice shops sell a drink called ABC (apple beetroot carrot). It's delicious and beetroot is an excellent source of iron. I took it lots when preg with #1 cos I am not a fan of liver etc

Btw sg our #1 birth weight very close: mine was 3.12kg
happy.gif

I remember that cannot eat too nourishing food or "bu" too much in third trimester right as too heaty? My FIL gave our family lots of frozen ginseng chicken soup when we went back for CNY. I'm guessing that have to save it for confinement. Just drinking some now makes me feel really hot!

EI, yes cannot eat tooo heaty during last trimester

I am counting down to delivery, soooo scary & nervous ... is like 9weeks+ to go ...

Hi Mummies,

Long time no see.

Am @ 29 weeks.

Getting excited
happy.gif

Started preparing for the arrival of the little one once CNY celebration ends next week..

Buy New bedspread for her little bed, sort out her clothes, Dig out milking equipments. Getting the 2 other kids prepare stuffs for their coming slibing.. Getting htem excited.. I hope I have the energy to do so...
happy.gif

Lil one is is unlike her sis, lil one's kicks and jabs are forceful and gives me lots of pain no matter day or night.. I hope I can go on with this till full term..

FTWM.. are you planning to work till delivery? or taking early off?

I wish I could take early off but still need to confirm my temp staff.. .. sigh...

Sunsweet, I realised that I'm more "prepared" this 2nd time round!!! I've already settled his clothings, disposable diapers, wipes, towels, bedsheets, bumwear, my moo moo stuffs except pump, left the toiletries for him, stroller, car seat and sewing his beanie pillow cases (bought the material). If all goes well, I'll be cesarean at 38w (mid-Apr), I'll work till that week. Temp coming in in Mar for 6 months.

Hi El and Beowie, I used to have giddy spell during first trimester. Was really shocked to faint at kopitiam during second tri... Coz I tot everything is stabilized. I did have oat Milo before I go for my breakfast... Everything happens too fast, din expect to faint even while I'm sitting down. Yah nw I will bring along some candies with me... Could be low sugar too..
happy.gif

Pinkbunny, hee yr #1 also ard the same weight as mine #1?was she borned near edd? Mine was two weeks earlier wonder if #2 will b earlier too...
happy.gif

Yah the abc juice is nice. I always share with my #1. got iron n vitamin c.. Hao he!!

Pinkbunny, U fainted while washing dishes? Tats dangerous...still having giddy spell mah? I cannot imagine fainted alone at home or outside...or worse with my #1.

SG
my #1 was close to EDD yup. 39 weeks 1 day. i love love love ABC juice from alexandra market! yum yum

thankfully hubby was at home when i had that little spell. and thankfully this pregnancy is ok. i think i really needed iron at that time.

hmm maybe we should train our #1s to learn how to dial papa's number on our phone hor?

Pinkbunny, I see...gd tat this pregnancy u r better... All becoz of abc juice haha.. Yah we shld hor..try to teach our #1 how to call daddy.. But I tink mine diff. Leh... Nw he happy happy will pick up phone n throw
sad.gif
sigh... Terrible two over nw moving on to terrible three.

Hi Mummies! Its been a while since i last pop in here due to all the CNY preparation ... Glad to know everyone is doing fine

Am nw in my 27 weeks & lower back is achy & pain esp when am on my feet for too long .... Tks for the "heat pad" tip pinkbunny! Will try it out.

p/s: Anyone here who can add me to the FB group? Email: [email protected]

Tks! & have a great sun!

Hello SunSweet!!! Nice to meet you on Sat.. hahahaha never expect to meet a fellow mommy at a CNY gathering lah!

Hi Mommies...Any reviews on Tommee Tippy (don't know if that's the right spelling but it's available at all Mothercare stores) milk bottles? They're wide neck, anti colic and BPA free bottles but I realise not many talk about them, usually people recommend Pigeon, NUK or Avent. Tommee is pretty economical actually.

Was wondering, those with experience, how do you "clean" a newborn's nostrills and ears??? Haha

Hmmm..for ears, I just used cotton balls, not recommended for cotton buds cos the baby might jerk..

Anyone heard of reviews on origins jamu massage to share? Was thinking of trying them instead of those freelance massage ladies cos they have hot stones therapy...sounds interesting..
happy.gif

Little DD
I think I remember reading that we shouldn't clean at all. Ears: just outside but not inside. As for nose, just wipe wipe while taking bath can already. If got mucous there is a "sucker" you can use, sold at pharmacies. But they don't like
happy.gif

Hi LittleDd,

I use Tommee Tippee for my first son. I bought about 6 of the super wide necked bottles and he is still using them now - he's 3 now so they've lasted me 3 years. They seldom leak and have served me great.

The reason why i chose them is because they have the widest neck in the market and seem to look most similar to mother's breast. As i was fully breastfeeding my son i wanted a bottle that he could latch on to that looked most like the breast. When my son drinks from the tommee tippee bottle he has to open his mouth really wide - almost like drinking from the breast.

happy.gif

I'm buying tommee tippe for my second one too. Remember not to introduce any synthetic nipples such as bottles, pacifiers, etc to your baby until 6 weeks after birth when breastfeeding has been fully established. So as not to cause nipple confusion.

Hi everyone,
Read some of ur experiences on fainting.. I do not have fainting spells but recently I notice both my palms numbness in d middle of the night.. I have to open & close repeatly to let the blood flow normally :/ ..leg wise ok as I sleep w leg slightly lift up on a boslter. is numbness on palms normal?
Thanks!

Ms Tan, i have numbness also on both palms at night during sleep! It's part and parcel of pregnancy and completely normal..

Thanks ashley.. Phew.. So is normal. I also feel some tightness around tummy sometimes..not sure maybe the sleeping position of my baby? If she face in , can feel her hole body ..sometimes she rotates her little body.. Can feel the knees or elbows.. I m jus guessing :p because don hav Xray eyes haha!.. I m in my 28 weeks .

Back