(2012/04) Apr 2012

Silvery_gal: Red or purple lines or tummy, thighs, buttocks, etc are all new stretch marks!

I kenna more on my tummy this time to add to those already left my #1 and #2. Sob!

Stretch marks
El, me too. Sob. Got new ones and old ones. I don't know about you girls but mine turned from silvery to purplish/blue in late pregnancy!! Like watermelon

Now I also have really dry skin in patches like fish scales! Wah biang. Pregnancy really turns our bodies haywire

Ms tan
A while ago we were talking about carpel tunnel syndrome. Your pains sound like a mild case/beginning of that. Do you work on comp a lot? Try to make sure your feet are on a stool and not dangling. Your armchair should be at a height to allow ur inner elbow to be at right angle when typing. Also, sit all the way back on chair, don't sit on tip only.

Thanks Mel.. I think they would suffice in terms of serving the baby well enough in comparison to using Avent/Pigeon which is more costly anyway. Don't know if our babies will have mouth ache from opening mouth too wide when using TT bottles though. Lol!

RE Origins Jamu Massage.. I booked them for 10 sessions too. Rebecca is very efficient and friendly in terms on responding and I've read many positive reviews on them so have decided to engage them for my first kid

Mine is my groin area super aching! Hurts even more when i turn in my sleep
sad.gif

I also have some stretch marks on my thighs, they look silvery..

Eliz, i always wedge in a small edge of a pillow under my left groin (just below left breast) when sleeping on my left, otherwise groin will be painful too! And then another pillow between my legs. So i used 3 pillows in total, and hubby left with 1, haha..

Ms Tan yes the numbness that we have could be the sign of karpel tunnel syndrome. I'm not working so am not in front of computer all the time, but still have the numbness every night maybe due to still position for a long time during sleep. And i read a lotvof pregnant ladies encounter this so i'm not overly concerned. Just open and close my palms for a few times when i'm aware of the numbness during sleep.

Anyone plans to order confinement tingkat? I heard good reviews on natal essential, anyone has experience with them? Is it true that the first 2 weeks after delivery and especially c-sect, cannot take chicken?

Pinkbunny/ashley.. Yes, I work infront of comp from Mon to Fri loh.. But hav toilet breaks frequent :p
Yes yes I hav been stepping on a carton box whenever I sit dwn infront of comp..maybe thats why still don hav water retention..touch wood!
happy.gif

Gynae teach me that when applying stretchmark cream..concentrate more at lower side.. That area usually starts first. Side of hips also mus apply.. I also can see tiny stretch marks at the side ..tink is unavoidable..the weight of bb is adding day by day...

Hi mummies, any remedies or medication for running nose and cough? Suddenly feel so sick
sad.gif
my mil says can take PI pa GAO? Entering into third trimester, suddenly feel so weak again, super backache, numbness n aches at joint areas and can't hold my pee for too long Liao. One day dunno must go toilet hw many times...sigh...

Hi ashley, I will be ordering frm natal essential tingkat for lunch. My mum will cook for my dinner. Heard tat natal essential nt bad.. Just try ba
happy.gif
tink ever heard before after operation to avoid chicken. Take more sheng yu.

SG
try to squeeze few drops of lemon juice into your water to drink. it's more natural than taking vitamin C pill.
happy.gif
are you working? if not, then can rest more.
get well soon.

leg cramp
yesterday night had a leg cramp, luckily just a short one. anyone experience that?

Will b trying out d trial meal for natal essential. Shd b ordering for dinner as mum will b cooking bf n lunch.

For leg cramp, try to ask ur hub to massage n heard tt taking calcium does help
happy.gif

SG
sorry to hear you are under the weather. take orange juice. even better if you can get iron enriched one cos baby centre says our baby needs lots of iron this week. take care!

sunny
i keep my feet elevated on pillow at night. sometimes i wake up because i feel a cramp coming, then just flex my toes toward my knees, then no more liao. you try?
happy.gif

SG, thanks. So after operation cannot take chicken? But chicken essence ok? Sheng yu is fish? Can't speak mandarin ;) you get well soon! Take more vit C.. Don't anyhow take cough syrup, check with gynae/GP first. I know some mummies take piriton which is safe for pregnancy. Yes me too feel joint aches now in 3rd trimester. You take care!

Sunny, leg cramp is normal in pregnancy. I used to have it quite a lot during 1st trimester.

Silverygal: i sent u a friend request on fb!

The other mummies who PMed me, I think something wrong with the PM, i didn't get any of your messages. Could you try again please?

Thank you!

Cheeky duckie
Was it you who booked "we're going on a bear hunt" tickets for your #1? Did she enjoy? We went for "the tiger that came to tea" and both loved it!

Thks sunny, have been taking honey Lemon these days... Gt lots of phlegm.. My mil keep asking me go n see doc to take medications else will affect bb. Mummy sick will affect feotus?? Hmmm
sad.gif

Pinkbunny, thks but I'm coughing badly can take orange juice mah? Sigh.. Feel so weak... Yest'd cough till
Vomitted. Yuckie...

Ashley, yah chicken will cause wound to itch. Try to avoid for awhile ba. I dunno sheng yu in English leh... Will try to find out. It's a kind of fish gd for after operation. Or u can buy fish Essence from medical hall
happy.gif

Ashley, u can try this huiji fish essence. 6 bottles @ $18.50.
This product is made from fresh Black Fish and high quality American Ginseng, Cordyceps, Radix Astragali etc using advanced technology. It contains the natural goodness of protein, amino acid and minerals which are easily absorbed by the body. It is suitable for consumption after an illness, an operation, pre/post-pregnancy, working adults and students during exam period. It boasts of excellent health benefits for people of all ages.
http://www.huiji.com.sg/english/images/p8.jpg

Leg cramp: Sunny, u try to remind yrself to stretch with toes pointing u. I had lots of cramp for my #1. Nw, I always stretch with toes pointed inwards so far no cramp. Hee I tink It will work.

sg> yeah, u shld go n see dr. its not good for the mother to be sicked prolong as well. there are antibiotics that are suitable for pregnant women. i'm down with sore throat, cough with yellow phlgm, flu. when you're unsure of the meds they prescribe you, jus double check with your gynae.

Hi gingerbread... Thks for advice. Sick for three days liao. Will be seeing gynea later n ask her wat medications r ok to take. Today feel much better le. Hopefully can recover real soon.
happy.gif

Morning mummies, feb lor!! So fast...hee

Morning Mummies...

silvery_gal (silvery_gal),

me too taking from choz.... its nice and tasty.
i have 40boxes for my #1 4 yrs back and everyone said its good.

confinement food - will be confirming with natal essential for both meals (lunch & dinner) for the whole month.

Mummies down with flu.... pls be careful when you sneeze or cough.

I wasn't lucky... accidentally strained my right side and back during a sneeze/cough before the CNY. Unable to sit for long or turn to sides to sleep, as well as getting up from the bed.

Endured the whole thing for a week. Finally found a sinseh who is willing to see a pregnant lady. He 'loosened' my strained veins and I finally felt better.

I did see a doctor for the flu. In the end, the medication didn't help at all... somehow I self-healed.

Please take care.

Morning mummies! Hubby is on leave so I get to go out for leisurely breakfast on my own and go to market without rushing/pulling an unwilling 3.5 year old hehe.

Sg
Oops sorry I mis-read and didn't see that you were coughing. Juices always help me. I also take vit C tablets when I feel a flu coming.

Sickie mummies get well soon!!! Wow we'll all be giving birth in about 2-3 months! Wow!!

Is anyone feeling the same as me: I've been pregnant forever/im so not prepared for this

Haha. Major conflicting thoughts!

Hi pinkbunny, no problem.. Feel alot better today liao, now on my way to see gynea. Hope my little one is doing well even though I fainted two weeks bk n currently sick.
Wow so nice, it's always gd to have some "me time" for sahm or wahm
happy.gif

Morning! Yes it's feb already, so fast! I have 8 weeks to go until i reach wk37 for my c-sect, been telling my twins to hold until then! Pinkbunny, i have the same conflicting thoughts! ;) want to see my twins born healthy but at the same time not sure if i can handle them after birth!

SG, thanks for info on sheng yu and fish essence, will check it out! Enjoy your scan today, update us!

Yeah i probably have to confirm my natal essential tingkat too, but maybe just order 1x a day as my friend told me the portion is quite big and can last for dinner too..

Hey ashley are you intending to BF? Big portions may not be a bad thing cos you'll constantly feel hungry if you BF. Some more you got twins

SG
Yay enjoy your visit! Mine is on fri, and bringing my #1 with me!

Hi mummies!

Leg cramp: Yes yes! I had that a week or 2 back. I also find that flexing my toes towards my knee helps. Thank God hubby was awake enough to respond to my distress hehe!

Pinkbunny: Me too! It's my first child so I'm conflicted between "can't wait to see the little one" and "enjoying my freedom and peace" =XXX

Ashley, for cesearean, you can take sheng yu aka fish (freshly killed and scaled on the spot) after 14 days. That was what my previous jamu massage lady has taught me, 1-2 times will do. Too much of it will cause keloid, overgrowing of skin over the wound.

I'm down with running nose, sore throat, cough, gotten a dose of antibiotic and other medication.

Started to experience cramping feeling in the moring, I keep my feet flexed as much as I can, it's only at the moment when I want to get up.

zapzap, thanks for the heads up. All I know is I leak a lot whenever I cough or sneeze at night, day time, I'm pretty ok. At night, I need to hurry get up, sit on toilet bowl to leak!!!

Hee just came bk... Guess wat? I have put on another 2kgs in a mth. #%^^** Gua gua... A total of 10kg Liao. And I have another two mths plus to go. Gd thing is bb has grown as well... 1.224kg at 28weeks1day. Aiyo hw ah, one mth 2kg means I will prob. Put on another 4-5kgs.
sad.gif

Meinme, take care!! Same here sick sick sick. Gynea prescribed me with puriton n ivy leaf extract cough syrup for infant. Haha...
I also leaked when I cOugh too hard
sad.gif
must put panty liner Liao...feel so helpless n embarrassing.

SG, no worry about that. I've put on 18kg during my first, she was 3.545kg at 37½W, via cesarean, I've shed 20kg after that.

I'm getting a little uptight, say is far but not that far, 10+weeks to go, many things not settled. However, I need to say that I'm more prepared for this time.

Pinkbunny yes i intend to BF.. That's true.. Will be constantly hungry right.. i'm not sure if i can tahan confinement food for too long, thinking of just taking 14 days, haha.. Naughty me! Cos my family has no such tradition back in indonesia, people giving birth then just eat normally, haha.. I'm not sure if i can take the food..

Meinme, yes i heard also that cannot take fish immediately after operation as it will cause itch. Then also cannot take chicken right away, so i'm left with what, pork and beef only.. ;( and is it ok to take those wine and alcoholic stuffs if we are BF-ing, won't affect baby?

Did u practise kegel exercise to prevent stress incontinence.. Me not very dilligent too, keep forgetting, haiz.. Somemore i always sneeze a lot, allergic to dust. But so far managed not to leak yet, fingers crossed!

Wow meinme good tat u managed to shed off 20kg after tat. I only managed to shed off 12kg with 3kg brought fwd to this pregnancy. Sian... Maybe old Liao Metabolism slowed down.

Hi Sherg,
take timed release Vit C tablets too and drink lots of water. Doesn't periton put you totally to sleep? I asked a pharmacist before about what allergy medicine pregnant mummies can take as I was feeling itchy. She said can only take the type that causes drowsiness.

Ashley, if you cook the alcohol long enough, it will evaporate, so whatever is left is safe to eat/drink. I remember my MIL poured like half bottle of martell into the chicken to make chicken essence for me during #1. She double boils the concoction for like many hours. By the time it's done, only got super duper sweet and yummy chicken essence soup. No alcohol already.

Meinme, u are not alone in not getting anything done. i barely did anything also. clothes not washed, car seat never buy, even my own stuff also never buy. think too complacent already.

Hi El, yah puriton will cause drowiness...dunno wan to take ornot. Hmmm...will take more redoxon hopefully I can recover soon.

eh, why my post didn't appear. anyhow, i said the same thing as cheekyduckie - the alcohol will all evaporate so don't worry, ashley, your babies wonn't be mabok
happy.gif

SG, if you get prescribed med that gives you drowsiness and you have someone to watch your #1, just take and sleeeeeeeeep!!!!

meinme/cheekyduckie
i can beat that! not only have we not gotten anything done, we're even considering moving house! in MARCH! hahahahha.

cheekyduckie, clothes wash so early? argh, have to clear space in jiejie's chest of drawers to make room for meimei's clothes. have to wash steriliser. have to get more breastpads. have to get some more nursing bras. have to set up cot. have to wash cotsheets. argh.

oh, is anyone NESTING yet? i am! yesterday i totally cleared out the girls' room! i told my hubby the floor is so clean that he can seriously lick it haha. now attacking one room at a time while my #1 is in school. to prepare to welcome baby to a clean house. salvation army has alot of donations from me haha

Cheekyduckie, pinkbunny, thanks! Haha yeah imagine if my babies got drunk and become hyperactive at night.. Me and hubby don't need to sleep already.

SG, get well soon!! I also take redoxon when am feeling a little unwell..

Morning mummies, pinkbunny I took the pills n kun all the way!! Shld b feeling better though still gt phlegm.

Hee going to visit my fren at kk later
happy.gif
last nite gave birth to a bb boy. I tink overall kk's bill is still cheaper than any Pte hospital. My fren's bill come up to almost $7k but paid only $1.6k cash with single bed n natural birth/epi. While I paid $2.3k at eastshore one bedded three yrs ago.

thanks, ladies for the tips to ease leg cramps. so difficult to turn one side to another during sleep recently. and i have phobia that there's leg cramp when i turn... anyway, about 2+ months to go, just bear with it.

i got the mixed feeling, too. wanted to see the bb soon, but also scare of medical fees will go high high up for the bb... sigh...

SG
if got phlegm, don't add honey. just lemon juice, not very sour 'cos just few drops. most importantly, must rest more.
for kk, if don't choose designated doctor throughout pregnancy, it's much cheaper than pte hospital.

Pinkbunny: I think I start nesting liao.. Clean up our guest room for confinement lady .. Pack my room too.. n start sorting the bb cloths see which one to wash first.. Hehe.. Tink can start washing bb cloths end of Feb already, hospital bag can start packing in the mid of March nex mth, how u all think?

I think its not really the size of the baby that will cause you to tear but really how your labour progresses. My first son was 3.1 KG and i didn't tear at all so no need stitches. Also i am not big sized - am 152 CM tall and a bit on the petite side.

I think my gynae is very good. My hubby said he saw the gynae slowly use his fingers to stretch the are down below and baby came out without any tearing.

So this time, i'm expecting a big baby as i'm last time gynae visit - i was 29.5 weeks and baby had passed 2KG!!

So i'll let you ladies know if i tear this time - hopefully not. Also my gynae does not believe in episiotomy (cutting down there). Same for me - i believe its much better to tear natuarally then to cut it.

I don't really feel nesting but more of just worried that baby will come early so am going to start washing all the clothes but i'm scared if i wash now than have to wash again nearer the date and maid will think i'm wasting her time. ekekekeke

Mel: so good that u did not need to have stitches down there.. will it close faster?

I am planning to ask hubby do the washing in march. have already pack aside of what to wash 1st. haha

As for cleaning of room, my hse nothing much to do. Only need to clear my hubby's rm over at my PIL's place. Will start this coming sun!

I think its not really the size of the baby that will cause you to tear but really how your labour progresses. My first son was 3.1 KG and i didn't tear at all so no need stitches. Also i am not big sized - am 152 CM tall and a bit on the petite side.

I think my gynae is very good. My hubby said he saw the gynae slowly use his fingers to stretch the are down below and baby came out without any tearing.

So this time, i'm expecting a big baby as i'm last time gynae visit - i was 29.5 weeks and baby had passed 2KG!!

So i'll let you ladies know if i tear this time - hopefully not. Also my gynae does not believe in episiotomy (cutting down there). Same for me - i believe its much better to tear natuarally then to cut it.

I don't really feel nesting but more of just worried that baby will come early so am going to start washing all the clothes but i'm scared if i wash now than have to wash again nearer the date and maid will think i'm wasting her time. ekekekeke

silvery gal - actually there was no tearing or anything so no need to close or heal. As in it just stretched naturally and of course it will go back to your original size after birth.

happy.gif

Back