(2012/04) Apr 2012

aisuhime & tangerinez

I also hope to know the gender, then I can announce to my boy is he having a didi or mei mei.

But seriously we are hoping for a gal this round.

Summersky: To have infant facing you, it's a personal preference
happy.gif
For me, I make do with it when I bought p3. As for sleeping in strollers between the 2, p3 allows infant to lie completely flat, whereas if u look at the shape of the Zapp seat, yr bb's leg will be at an angle even when he/she is lying down.. Erh, know what I mean? Between the 2, p3 will be more suitable for infant to sleep comfortably. But as kid grow, lying flat is no longer impt & they can sleep sitting up
happy.gif

Morning mummies! The thread is growing so fast I'm having difficulties in catching up! Hahas.

Strollers: even though we are having twins, we are thinking of getting two individual strollers and a twin stroller, while trying out the individual strollers, I was so taken in by the Zapp xtra as well, due to the fact that it's very flexible in terms of movement, but I'm still hesitant about the bit whereby the seat doesn't exactly seem very comfortable for newborns, a maxi cosi car seat would most be required than.

wah....u guys really so fast seeing strollers and stuffs too!!! i still havent decided yet...i tot me facing the baby seems more fun...hahahha

Btw, juz went to the hypermart earlier. correction on price of zapp xtra. shd b 583.

Thanks dink for ur suggestion. Yeah, agree with pebble stone that infant seat is definitely necessary for quinny. It would seem that the recling position is not necessary anymore since by the time they have to switch from infant seat to stroller on the quinny, they will b big enough to sleep sitting

Summersky: u are welcomed! Having an infant seat on zapp can extend the life of the stroller to make it more worthwhile. However, zapp is a 3 wheel stroller, going up & down the escalator can be a challenge. Anyway, strollers are not supposed to be on escalators. When will the sale at the baby hypermart ends? Need to look for cot.

Anyone any idea when is the next taka baby sales?

Summer, I bought quinny buzz and was told we can use an infant insert for infant use. So they threw in FOC. I just believe them leh. Haha. I hope can use for infant!!

Dink I just went to hypermart. Tmr is last day of sale. Quite a wide selection of baby cot. From the usual $299 to $1k plus.

Aisuhemi: Me! I experience backache..not whole bodyache though. I did some light hse work..some times like want to dry laundry..the clip dropped on the floor..urgg hav to bend dwn n pick it up..can feel my tummy bigger now n not easy to bend my body.. Hubby on business trip so I hav to do abit of light hsework on my own
sad.gif

Hi dink, gd tip on escalators.

Hi tangerinez, i was told the hypermrt sales was up to monday. U r fast on deciding on the strollers. i am still thinking. but i think most impt is how
we want to use our strollers. everyone's lifestyle may b different slightly. My hubb wants the babe to be out of my arms when not feeding so he wants an infant seat regardless of whether the strollers have infant inserts or not.

Tangerinez, Summersky: Tks! Will swing by to take a look at the cot. gave my cot away to a friend
sad.gif

Summersky: Agreed! Your choice of strollers depends on your lifestyle & usage.

Hi summer, oops sorry! Guess I got the dates mixed up!

Actually we bough on impulse. Not sure what's the diff in infant insert and infant seat also haha. Never mind la... As long as hubby happy with the buy. Hee.

Ahnah, how? Can tell gender already?

No sad, no sad, bb healthy most impt. The 2 boys will be great companion for each other. Ur Gynae also cute, probability also give u nice number of 88%..

Tangerinez, you'll still need a car seat if bb in the car. I supposed "infant insert" means some kind of cushioning to make baby well-fitted into the seat.

We went to Hypermart to check out prices, was told the next sale maybe in Mar.

I saw many bought the Zapp xTra, I shall wait for the Zapp xTra 2012 color.

Hi i went to the warehouse sale at chai chee today..nothing much to buy for now..i looked around for 2 hours and only bought 60 Lucky baby breastpads at 8 dollars! haha..that's all!!!

Ah nah..dont be sad..i agree with tangerinz that healthy bb is the most important factor! =)
maybe u r trying to imagine your future time with 2 boys..hehehe..that's why u feel stress now?

Meinme, great info. Will wait for next sale in mar then. Hehe.

Tangerinez, I believe infant inserts is what meinme mentioned. Maxi cosi Infant car seats can double up as a baby carrier or rocker when u bring babe to friends house beside use in car. The main thing for my hubby is babe to get use to the car seat and stroller.

My babe very shy during 16 weeks scan, kept the legs closed. Hee. Guess have to wait till detail scan in abt 2 weeks time. But agree as long as baby healthy, the rest are plus points.

summersky~~whoah that's fast..u can see ur baby again in 2 weeks time! i have to wait another 4 weeks+ for detailed scan..hehe

Coraine, my edd is apr 2nd. So my babe is one of the big sis or bros of the babes here. Been waiting since oct 20. Hehe. Can feel babe poking me now.

Not sure if summer bliss has still the same edd. Btw, do u all know whether mt a allows for mothers to try out different breat pumps like tmc?

coraine
that sounds like me! i remember cos of preggie brain (which unfortunately stayed with me for another couple of months after birth), i was totally lost at all the fairs. i thought 'wow how come all these mummies can be so focused and know what they want?' while i just drifed like a ghost from aisle to aisle, section to section, and in the end picking up things like nappy liners, baby detergent and breast pads hahahah

ahnah
congrats! 2 boys can play together very well what

aiyah i thought it was bye bye MS until this evening had chicken masala then masala-ed out all into toilet
sad.gif

good luck to everyone on the search for the perfect stroller!

just a random thought:
not sure about other hospitals but i know Mount A does a 2 week rotation of milk powders. every 2 weeks they use a diff brand so if mummy chooses to give baby formula from the start, then either you bring your own, or the nurses will just give baby whatever brand they are using that particular week

in case anyone is already thinking of milk powders cos this thread is super advanced! hehe

summersky My edd keep changing, between apr 2 to apr 7. Tks for info on hypermart, will check it out... Btw I didnt get to try all diff models of medela pump when I had my first bb some years back. Not too sure if they have change pratical , maybe call up and ask ? Or pop by n ask since they r very busy. I must say their nurses are very good.... Very pro b feed.

Ah nah : when I first discovered that my second one is oso a princess I was quite sad, it takes a while for the fact to settle in. Give yourself some time before u announce, esp to relative. Most imp, bb healthy.

Aisuhime : My body tends to feel numb easily n sometimes I experience back ache. I try to do some light stretches during the day and at night raise up a few pillows and lift up leg when I sleep. Jia you !

This morning wake up early, nothing to do, surf the WTS thread. Someone looking for chest freezer?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6213655.html?1320535773

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6260661.html?1320531048

Brina, maternity bra, if you wanna spend, can get from Mothercare. Alternative, John Little under the brand - Impression, $9.90 per pc. When purchasing bra, make sure that you are hooking on the inner hooks, rooms for expansion.

Seem like my energy is coming back, can't wait to start my pregnancy journal.

AhNah,

I share your same tots.. Telling my boy that he having another brother & ask if he will share toys.. His reply "No".. Faintz..

tangerinz- we bought e quinny buzz yest too at hypermart!!

dink - taka sales shld b in march, prev yrs it was. e stroller vendor in taka baby fair is hyperstore too. so tats y hyperstore aso mayb in march. hyperstore will hold it concurrently

hi ladies, i m also an april 2012 mummy. can i check how much your gynae charge u for fish oil? my gynae charge me $50 for 30 pills of dhaextra (pink box). am wondering if i m paying too expensive for it.

Gingerbreadger: high five! I saw ur pic on fb this morning too. Then I realized u also from TTC#1! Didn't realize earlier hehe

Blessedmummie: my Gynae charges $60 for the same pills! Faint. I think u are getting a good deal haha!

Hi mummies,
Fir those who are looking for maternity wear, can go to claire's shop located at north link building. I have just bought a few pieces from there. She is good in services and also the maternity wear is considered cheap...

MEinME: i tried looking for maternity bras at mothercare but....NO MY SIZE!!!! I too big liao~ lol~ end up i buy from SPRING, their L size... maternity/nursing bras...and ya i hook the most inside one and purchase bra extension just in case also...

hi Lotus and blessed~ =)

Oh ya...this morning went into msia...saw they going to hv wedding fair nxt week...plan on going there to see...after that, MIL called from thailand say she can get thai wedding clothes for us...so maybe on the 20th might just end up wear thai clothes...lol~ hopefully the sizes that i gave her ok... if not =.= die sia...

ahnah : boi ok mah...then old clothes can share no need buy new hahahha save $

hi everyone! and welcome lotus and blessed

i think kids will always find opportunity to fight regardless of gender! :p anyone can bully anyone. sometimes younger can bully older also! healthy and don't give mummy too much headache good liao hehe

aisu
your hubby is thai?

those with #1s
do you know where to buy those bicycles with removable wheels (the extra 2 at the side, the training wheels). i've tried giant hypermart, carrefour, toys r us... all don't have! budget about $100+.

pink : yesh hubby is born in thai but his father is singaporean. He given up is thai citizenship thats why now is a regular in army...lol~

Gingerbreadger: aiyeah.. In march? By that time too big to squeeze with crowds. How's the yoga yday? I went there but class full
sad.gif

did u register in adv? coz there were a few spare mats available. theres about 10 ppl in e class. but e rest tummy quite big, mine was e smallest. not too bad. first class was free, then i sign up for package, 10 class for 261. a lot of breathing, thigh n pelvic exercise. today i can feel my thigh area quite suan. i dint attend other yoga class before, so i cant compare..

Gingerbreadger, may I know where you go for your yoga? Care to rec? I will like to try pre natal yoga but don't know where to go
happy.gif

Brina, Thai wedding outfit is nice, very elegant. Since MIL in thai, ask her to buy triump or sorella nursing bra for you, damn cheap there, buy 2 there can only buy 1 here.

AhNah, as long as baby is healthy, boy or girl is fine. I've 2 stories to share with my girl, if didi, cannot share toy and wear different outfit, if meimei, can share many pretty pretty things. Take the next 20+ weeks, to teach sharing and playing as a team.

Gingerbreadger: I jus walked in & try my luck. In the end, just went there for breakfast & sandplay for #1.

D_I: updogstudio in east coast park area. I remember that's another studio that offers pre natal yoga in Forum.

Meinme : lol... They go there a few days to do some stuffs, coming back tonight alrdy. Now the prob is, finding makeup artist... And dunno hair need MIL do or not duhz...

meinme

Ya lor .. if gals can do a lot of girl things like skirt . if boy ... nothing much to play with.

And I dun like balls, soccer...

ah nah
you mentioned about your wife snoring. this could help: http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/stuffynose/

i thought boys are usually very easily entertained by cars? the last time we had a party, my daughter was the only girl and she was bored stiff cos there were 5 other kids, all boys. and they were contented with cars on the IKEA road carpet! haha

aisu
would you like a recommendation for make up artiste? i have a friend who's doing it on a freelance basis. i think she also does hair. BUT i don't know her standard cos i've never seen her work myself. the pics look good though

Pinkbunny

My boy anything, he still playing Barney n piglet at 15 months
Snore, never mind lah I couldn't sleep well nowadays also. Scare that I dream nightmare and hit my DW accidentally again

Ahnah u are opposite of my husband. He always long for a boy but my 1 st was a girl and now dr also said high chance girl. He so disappointed now, which also made me very down. Can't sleep well. Wish we could exchange our situation...

Hi Mummies!!

Do drop by Facebook to take a look at our latest baby and children clothings!

Pls LIKE our page, Mummies Corner, in Facebook to see latest updates and sales!!

Cheers and have a smooth pregnancy!! LOVE!!!

Back