(2012/04) Apr 2012

hi mummy_baby2008, may i know which cold storage did u buy the bellamy rice cereal? i am not able to find it at my usual store (was told out of stock). my boy only like bellamy; bought organix for him but he simply refuse to eat it. thank you for your help.

Mummies, my baby is having little bumps all over his face and neck. At first I thought it's heat rash but the bumps seem to be spreading even to some part of his arm. His skin has turned a bit red and dry, and looks "stretched". Should I bring him to PD or dermatologist?

BabySean, my baby's condition still the same. I called up PD. he suggested that I apply a thin layer of desowen lotion on affected areas and monitor. He said could be heat rash or allergy.

Btw, anyone using Haenim play yards and Parklon play mats? Any feedback, especially for the mat? My baby is starting to crawl. So I'm considering between a Parklon mat and one of those normal cheaper play mats that I can piece together. The seller for Parklon also sells a space folder mat that is made up of 4 sections bt doesn't seem popular. Any advice?

dancing queen, i'm using parklon play mates. i think its a good mat for my baby to flip and play. I will still put a blanket on the mat so that it will cushion the fall or bump when my baby is unsteady

Hi all, my baby is 5.5 mo now and i cant wait for his first food at 6mo. So excited. He also got cough and slam last week and i did home treatment (hot water + vicks for him to inhaled).
Btw his skin bitten by mosq and it left black spot huhuhuuu

Hi, I'm a May Mum
Just having peep..
Playmat > I bought a - LG Asobang Dino Town & Safari (2100*1400*18) playmat. My son love the colourful mat. He also love to touch the mat. The mat has a texture and my boy would scratch it. It gives very good cushion and a little bouncy. I think the mat would absorb the fall impact.
I used to use the combine type it would trap dust and so on so it's harder to clean.
Just my 3 cents. Hope it helps.

hi all mummies

i m an apr mummy too. hv been so busy after her birth :) hope to be able to come in and hear and share all your experiences.

Hi mummies,

my baby is also born in Apr. Tried to start cereal (cerelac) at 5 months and one week but he has rashes so stopped. Will try again when he's six months. Any of you have similar experience in cereals?

I bought the haenim play yard and LG mat recently. So far so good. The mat does provides cushion like what groundpepper said. M son likes to chew n scratch the mat. I think it should be safe. Read on forum that LG is firmer n better than Parkon so more expensive. Not sure if it is true.

Just my 2 cents worth of sharing.
happy.gif

dancing queen, i bought the foldable one..which i guess should be the 4cm you are referring to. its actually good enough for me and i think safe enough for my son to flip around.

Hihi. Havent log to this forum for long. Today my girl turned 6mths. So far i have fed her with bellamy baby rice n currently hipp baby rice. Also yesterday i just intro organix banana porridage n i think my girl quite like. All i bought from agapebabies...
Since i will b a SAHM for another wk b4 heading for my holiday, i m planning to intro apple n carrot!
Wanna ask for opinion, if i put the apple or carrot inside the baby rice, should i add milk or just water will do?

Happy to see posting from apr mummies
My girl also turned 6 mths few days back
I introduced rice cereal to her when she 5.5 mths n now she is on porridge. I cook rice, chicken n vege then blend on a blender bcome like smoothie. She can eat abt 1 quarter of a small bowl. Wondering if blend is better or purée better? But I stay with mil and she insist on blending the porridge. I tired of arguing w her so usually will let her decide cos she is the one taking care while I'm at work.
My girl also got bad cough n phlegm when she was 4.5 mths. Was on nebulizer for a week. It's really weather n too many people sick.
My girl has constant rash on her face, I applied desowen lotion for her almost everyday

My gal's face also rash daily! Every night i must apply medication on her face so that morning her complexion will be decent looking. haha.

Now my gal still on rice cereal coz mummy is very lazy. She can finish 1 teaspoonful of cereal now, b4 mixing with FM. Is it too little?

Sigh, my gal still coughing but not as frequent. Her medication is running out soon.

Her latest trick is shaking her head. Very funny to watch.

hihi

fed my gal with steam pureed apple with rice cereal today and she vomit out all her food. Is this normal?? anyone tried giving apple to 6m+?

thanks

Hi Bbtwo, I tried giving my boy steamed pureed apple by itself and he loves it. I also tried using a spoon to scrape the apple for him but i think he likes the steam pureed version better. Could it be the consistency is too thick? There was once my boy vomitted his porridge; think because it was too thick or i gave too big a mouthful to him.

Hi BabySean and DesperateMum, my boy has rash on both his cheeks too. Am applying Desowen lotion for him too. Is there any other way to stop/avoid this rash other than Desowen lotion (think too much desowen is no good for baby?). I suspect cause of it is his drooling saliva??? He also has rashes on his back (on and off); does any mummies experience this too? Any method you have to avoid/stop the rash?

babysean : my girl is oso taking 1 teaspoon of cereal now, tried 1.5teaspoon but always got leftovers. i always add fruit puree into her cereal. now on happy baby brown rice cereal, maybe starting "cho bi" for dinner soon..

bbtwo: i gave apple at 4.5mths, maybe ur girl doesnt like apple?? cos mine dun quite like, but if i mix with banana she will finish it.

I'm using Zaricort (For fungal infections with associated inflamation) and Ceradan (Ceramide-dominant skin barrier repair cream) for her rashes. Someday it works overnight, someday takes longer. The rash will stop on its own when they stop playing with their saliva. That's what happen to my son's rash last time. I guess there's nothing much we can do now, juz try to keep their face as clean as moisture as possible.

Started my boy on cereal last Thursday. He liked it for the first 3 days. But, starting Monday, only take a few mouthful. Anyone experience the same thing. Wonder whether I should stop for the time being

for baby rice, i usually add 50ml water n milk n 3 to 4 spoon of rice (using the milk powder scoop 60ml as my measuring spoon)

as for banana porridge, also 50ml water n milk but 1.5 spoon of the rice

Ruhee, could it be he is tired of the same flavour?

initially i fed my girl plain baby rice n she just hates it n always take a few mouth. but when i bottle feed her, she is fine. (when she is 4.5mths)

just recently i started banana porridge n she finished all n was happy

she love apple too! i cooked the apple n i let her have a sip of apple juice n she was smiling at me. then i add to plain baby rice, she looked at me with a surprised expression. she will auto open her mouth for more..

Lyn: i bought my girl to see a pd b4 for the rashes appearing on her chin. yes is due to drooling saliva n was prescribed Daktacort which i think is a strong cream. but at least applying 2 to 3 days the skin will dry up n i will stop applying n change to physiogel or qv to moisturize it. Try to keep her fingers out the mouth n to clean the face as many times as possible

Rashes on his back? maybe heat rash? too hot?

mummy_bb2008, yeah mayb she does not like the taste of apple.

i am trying butternut but comment fr my mum is she does not like to eat that together with the rice cereal. Gotta separately feed the rice cereal and the butternut.

Any other suggestion to give a 6m+ bb?

On yeah, anyone opt for the pnuemmoccal vaccine? How many times do you need to jab? Was told 3 by poly and 4 by GP so now wondering whether to go for 3 or 4? Any comments?

Hi mummies, been feeding my boy rice porridge for past 2 weeks. He enjoyed it at first but now seem to dislike it. Any other variation or meal plans to share? Thank you in advance.

Hihi

Any suggestion of type of food to give 6mth bb? Me tried potato, carrots, butternut, pumpkin... Running out of ideas on wat to give my gal :-( she does not like apple n sweet potato leh

Hi Mummies, need your advice. My boy been having ("rough skin" on his tummy). It is rough to the touch and looks like "goose pimples". He had some spots of roughness at his elbow too. Been to the PD and was prescribed with PhysioGel Intensive and Desowen (was told to apply if there is redness). Been applying the PhysioGel Intensive for close to a month but the roughness don't seem to have improve. Would like to know if any mummies have experienced this before and what method you use to help restore the baby smooth skin. Thank you very much.

Lyn: my gal should b having the same problems. is like goosebumps, a lil whitish in the center n many cluster together. i never see pd regarding this issue. but have been applying physiogel cream. also no improvement

hi girls,

i am trying to add spinach into the porridge.. but was wondering to blend the spinach then cook it with the porridge or cook both together and blend.. hmmm.

Anyway i started with baby rice.. then introduce veg and fruits into the rice.. the variety i will only feed for 3-4 days then change.. coz i tink baby will get bored with the same taste.. haha.

started when bb was 5 months.. now 6 mth le, introducing chor bi and porridge.

Hi MagL

So far i only give rice cereal, oatmeal n brown rice to my gal. Veg wise oni potato, sweet potato n pumpkin. May i knw wat other food u gave ur kiddo? Me osso running out of idea....

Bb now having runny nose so v difficult to give milk. Check w pd n said at 7 mths, to give oni 2 x solids. Any of u cooking porridge n give their kiddo?

I think shd cook spinach then blend. Ekse blend liao like difficult to cook. My mum said cant blend porridge else hv wind if eat blended porridge. Dunno is tis old sch of thought or not, haha

I have let my girl tried baby rice, banana flavor porridage,avocado, banana, apple, pumpkin, butternut.

Planning to feed brown rice with si shen fen soon. But kind of lazy cos i see the packaging say need to boil for 5mins(dun remember)

my baby is 6 months + i tried avocado, apple, banana, pear, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato

tried peas and she was screaming and shouting away, she hates peas. hahaha

i haven started on porridge yet, thinking of starting soon. any idea which rice to use & how to cook?

i am using organic white rice to cook... can use slow cooker or normal pot but normal pot have to keep stirring and slowly add water.

As for brown rice, i blend it into powder form and then cook it with pumpkin, carrot etc. Will cook a larger portion and freeze.

Back