(2012/03) Mar 2012

Hi April: I delivered on the 2nd of mar. Baby girl! You?

Wee ding: u managed to solve ur engorgement? I think the volume will increase as long as everytime after u finish pumping, u feel that ur breast is soft, no lumps here n there, means u have almost emptied ur breast (thou I heard in actual fact it's impossible to really empty our breast). Then that is good enough for that session. Some times u might notice that ur supply might drop a little before increasing. N sometimes it takes ard 2 days for u to see a significant increase in ur supply. N try to measure the total amount of milk collected for the whole day instead of focusing on each session.

Thanks kepsis! Eh.. blame it on stubbornness and mis-count! Wahaha..

Oh you delivered on 2nd of March.. Meaning you are ending confinement pretty soon! I still have... 23days to go T_T help!!!

Hi kepsis, I deliver on 01 Mar my bb girl same day as Catherine.

BTW can I check if there's a Facebook group for SMH Mar 2012. It seems to be quiet here and have lots of selling items. Isnt selling items to be posted at WTS thread instead. Mummies, appreciate if u could post selling items on the correct thread TIA.

I had my first massage session. The massage lady says that my back is tense. I told her I have lower back pain. She said its due to my buttock is tense. She will release those muscle for me. According to her, my bladder is tense and big colon is tense. Come to think of it, its truth. My poo poo is not frequent and after I poo, I dun feel totally emptied. When I urine, its not gushing out. She helped me to release my bladder and big colon muscle. My tummy has alot of wind and applied very generously those ginger and chili cream and wrap my tummy up. KAoz. Painful. When she do the massage on my uterus, I feel pain. It seems we woman suffers alot of pain during and after delivery.

Under her suggestion, after bath, I applied the telon baby oil on my baby all over the body except hand and head and swaddle him up. He really sleep like a babe and fart alot of times. So happy to hear the sound. Once its applied on body, its heat is like body temperature as we know baby cannot regulate their temperature as yet. Sometime baby fussy is because of gas in stomach.

To think I almost want to back out from massage thinking its pointless (and expensive)... din know i have so many problems among those mentioned.

Government is encouraging mommies to breastfeed for 6 months with so many benefits of mother's milk and to be productive at making babies. WE are the country at the lowest birth rate. Many a times I wonder. Why are the good breast pumps on market so expensive and beyond the affordability of many mummies? Can the baby bonus include a medala PIS pump for first born...?

Hi la_paix, ur massage sounds good. I feel like doing it. Any good ones to recemmend? My back is breaking. My Bb always wans to be carried.

I dun dare to do any massage yet cos I'm afraid the wound might not heal yet cos mine is c sect. La prix urs is natural delivery?

gina u are really drama mama... haha.. enjoy ur confinement.. i have gradusted.. been goining places... eating cheesecake.. woo!!

Janjan, so good! I still hv another 8 more days to go before my confinement is over!!!

Though my gal is going to have her 1st mth celebration on this Sat but my CL told me at least have to wait till my gal is officially 1 mth old to eat those food i wanted.

Also, my CL told me not to take yam till baby is 100 days old!

k@ye, i had confinement food for 30days. we did not celebrate cos my elder one had hfmd and we were not sure if the hfmd can clear by the time we have party. so we cancelled and distributed cakes to relatives instead.

by right confinement should be 40days. hahaha.... but i dun care. got eat 30days is very guai le.

la_paix, doesn't seem to be any season three coming. cos all the new huggies stocks are in new packaging and no stamps. but my friends who had stamps from season two are redeeming different toys now. for eg, the caterpillar was changed to lulu-spider, now has become leapfrog dinosaur...

i'm also waiting for season three. now dare not stock up huggies. just buy as and when i need. haha

Yeah tomorrow will be my 'graduation' day! there's soooo many Places I wanna go n so many things I wanna eat! Feel like having ice cold rambutan freeze... Yummmm!!!!

Hi mummies

Delivered my boy on 19 mar.

Wonder hows the milk supply for all of u? Im only pumping abt 40 ml each time both sides combined. So litttle. N bb needs abt 70-80 now. Hv to Supplrment w formula.

April, may you PM me with your Facebook email? So hat I can add you.

Regarding breast milk supply, I have uPs and downs supply as these two days I am not pumping every three hours but some times four or five hours. I am guessing my body can produce milk for 15ml to 20ml per hour. I guess. But I found mid nigg the body produce less.

Usually 60ml per three hours. But it can be 80ml per four bours. Midnight it may be 40ml for three hours.

I am on day 13th. Very tiring for pumping milk. I don't know iow long I can stand!

My CL dont allow me to take sacred nursin tea. So I haven't drank anything special to boost milk supply.

Wow. Im also pumping 3-4 hrs. Max is 60 ml. So sad... Also not taking any supplements to boost milk.

What can we do? Drink more water??

Anewmummy n princessy, I think it's normal. Currently, I am coming to the end of my confinement n I pump out abt 100ml for 3 hrs. I trying to latch n pump at the same time. So I think the supply in low.

Hi April,

I have sent you friend request sometime back I think, please add me so that I can add you to FB group. I wonder I should open up the FB group or not, but I guess best to remain it as private.

PrinceSSy, My OB prescribed me some medicine to boost supply, I haven't started taking yet as once started, it must be continuous for at least 5 days. I have tried drinking more, the supply still the same for these few days
sad.gif

April,

I do full time pumping only, no latching due to some conditions. If latching plus pumping, you probably won't know the exact amount? It probably more than 100ml/3 hours. That's consider good? As it will be > 800ml already! Wow.

Hi la_paix,

I also started massage. Well, I felt pain yeah for certain part of body, I got lower back pain, that's the most painful part. I think it's good massage, very relaxing as well.

Cheers

Today Bb is 8days old ;D

Regarding pumping, I have been able to pump about 120ml max for left and about 80ml for left for about half hour. Never really take note of the timing though.. Been drinking soup almost every meal +water (sorry I hate red dates drink).. If I don't have enough fluid intake, supply will drop.

Yeah drama mama I am. Wanted to wait for eldest to come back from playgrp.. Thought still can tahan mah.. Never thought that this time round the contractions came fast and furious.. Till I bth. By that time too late le. Scared the hell out of my girl and hub. (helper shared with me she gave birth at home just few nights before I pop..) Shortly after hub call scdf my waterbag broke (I was screaming on the toilet bowl :x).

Paramedics arrived within 7mins and asked if I can walk I just shoot say cannot! Bb coming out le! Then within 5mins I pushed Bb out on my bed. Then they send me to KKH to stitch up.

Now whenever nurse/dr ask Bb delivered at KKH? I give sheepish grin and say Er.. No. At home. They all give priceless expression. Lol

Kepsis, mine was a natural delivery. Pushed for 5 minutes and popped. Haha. Very fast ar. During checkup at week 34, as my baby was too active, it turned head up. Was quite upset. Was planning for natural. However, he turned head down again two weeks later.
happy.gif

I’m not going to have the full month celebration as initially planned out after my baby contacted the common virus – enterovirus and was hospitalised for almost a week. Baby has immature immune system. Suspect to spread through the elder one was having flu and kissed him. Now I’m careful not to let him come into contact with so many people. Think of the full month tradition, I’m quite reluctant to trim the baby hair. Will take forever to grow back.

My massage lady asked me to avoid these activities for 3 months. Be kiasu abit. No squatting, sit up, jogging and carry heavy stuffs. For all you know when you are old, the uterus might drop…. I immediately stop carrying my elder one.

Thanks Jan Jan for the update. I still have over 20 stamps and have already collect those stations. Leapfrog dinosaur sounds fun! I’m checking out the website in a while.

April, must go for massage to treat backache and rid the wind from the stomach. Else very flabby. In my case I went out quite often during this confinement, hence, I have a lot of wind to clear. Now farting…thanks to the chilli/ginger tummy wrap. Sometimes the baby fuss a lot because they might have wind in the stomach, making them uncomfortable.

I have not pump out my milk. I had low supply for my first one. Couldn’t meet demand. So its like combine fm/bm. Now, I’m contented that my baby is so far growing. No supplement required. Once I meet the one month milestone, I will start to pump.

I heard the raw fenugreek seed brew with hot water can be very effective. Better than capsule? Have not tried. Can get this herb from geylang.

Congrats to all those who have popped! My EDD is today and I'm still waiting...

anewmummy, also hoping to join the FB group and have PM-ed you already. Sometimes wonder if this group is not so active because of the number of people selling items here.

la_paix, I also heard that fenugreek seed is more effective than the capsule. Maybe because it is fresher? Also have not tried but intend to do so if my milk supply isn't good.

Btw if anyone needs to stock up on diapers, Pampers NB size is going for $2.30 on Gmarket from 8 to 10pm tonight; if I'm not wrong, order at least 6 packs for free shipping: http://list.gmarket.com.sg/item/PAMPERS-EASY-UP-PANTS/405131115?sid=750

Wow gina.
Ur milk ss is so gd!!!
Mine also second bb. And i hv been warned by gynae tt contractions comes fast n furious. She told me i might not hv time for epidural!!
End up bb didnt want to come out so i had to induce. Within 4 hrs of induction bb is out.. Compared to 11 hrs for my no.1.second one is really easier

Hi mummies out there,

I've given to my gal on 9 Mar thru emergency c-sect after being in labour for 18 hrs.
sad.gif

During my stay in hospital, I latched my gal but once hme, I can't seems to latch her on properly thus she cried. Don't want to keep forcing as I don't want her to keep crying than suffer from colic. She's mostly on FM as my BM supply is very low. Initial pump, both breasts combined ard 50-60ml but subsequent pumps, it's ard 10-20ml the most. I heard the more u pump, the supply will get more. So demoralized seeing my BM getting lesser n lesser. Also, perhaps, I'm tired n lazy at times... Pump only once or twice per day. Juz bgt fenugreek fr GNC n eating them. Not sure when will I see increase in supply after all pumps.

Hihi,

Happened to chance upon this thread. I'm a Feb 2012 mummy but by chance cos baby was premature.

Anyway ET, MUST MUST pump 3 hourly especially at the start or else your supply will just slowly shut off. Your brain tells your body that the milk supply is enough. Once supply is established (maybe about a month or so), can slowly increase the intervals.

Lactation nurse at kkh told me 3 hourly for 1st month, 4 hourly for 1 week and 5 hourly for 1 week. Then can proceed to 6 hourly which is 4 times a day. Now you're only pumping once or twice!! If you intend to fully feed your girl with BM, have to have discipline to pump. I know it's tiring cos I've been pumping all the way since 5 Feb =/ Long way more before baby comes home.

Think constant pumping helps cos now I can pump 200+ ml per session constantly. Rest more if you can also cos milk supply will drop when you're tired.

JIA YOU mummies!!

Hi Sunkissed,

Thkx for sharing. I tried pump thrice but each time, supply not increasing.., instead dropping. Is there any specific timing that u pump everyday?

My massage lady told me I don't ve alot of milk supply. I would love to feed full BM. Perhaps, I'm not eating much n never rest well.

Btw, how's ur baby? Back home already?

Sunkiss

Am I in track?
Day 14th
Pump three hourly around the clock
60ml on both breast combined
Each pump session max 30 minutes on both breast combined
Pump and massage and hand expression then pump ....
Max letdown is 2-3 times only. Lucky then got three times.

I have called huggies. Dunno whether there will be a season 3. Even if there is, they might be using different stamp. This is what the lady told me. "Might change stamp". Jialat. Stuck with the stamps. Worse, I will redemn station 3 for the diapers.

Mummies,
Do I need to worry: lochia stopped a day then start again? Also, soreness in lower andominal part ( uterus ) when walking?

ET, nope. 60ml is average per pump in both breasts.

Anewmummy: Yup my lochia came n go too. Sometimes a long sometimes totally nothing, so I guess it's ok. Regarding the pain, if it's feeling of cramp it should be due to ur uterus getting back to its original size. But if it's sharp pain I think it's not normal.

Hi mummies..
I just popped on 14th march. Been a good 2 weeks plus and I'm enjoying each moment with my Baobei son. He's my first baby and it's amazing how a life is created in our womb for 9 months. Haha.. Good day mummies !
happy.gif

Same as my gynae. For my first baby, i asked him about medicine to increase bm. I have the problem of low supply and block ducts. Spent alot of money to increase milk supply. Breast massage, all kinds of supplements, breast pump, hours and hours of research... Gynae said nothing wrong with giving formula... I think these days there are over emphasis on bm and giving mothers alot of pressure. There are pros to giving formula milk as well. No such thing as bonding formed only through latching or bm. We can say did our best to give bm.

anewmummy, my massue massage my uterus to remove the lochia out. If you want you can pm me for her contct. Alternatively, increase the intake of the woody black fungus?

hi mummies..
juz my thots... pls dun bother abt how much milk supply u have ... juz give whatever u can
not enuff top up with FM.. there nothing wrong with it...
relax and do whatever u can otherwise it will turn out more stress then what u think it should be....bf should be the most relaxing and wonderful thing ... so dun worry too much and do what u can

Agree with Kiddo and La_paix... This time round, our PD like never emphasise the goodness of bm anymore. during the extended stay in hospital due to jaundice, pd even advise me to give bb fm, so that bb will be more full and pass out the jaundice through urine and stools.

then my gynae's is even better, keep asking if i want those bottled infant formula... i say i am TBF-ing she say, got enough meh? u sure u dowan bottled infant fm to supplement?

i was like.. huh???? when i had my girl, they keep discouraging me to give fm. not much bm also squeeze out bm for my elder. and it was a shame to admit that i actually give her one feed of fm every night then.

but now, who cares???

but deep in my heart i will wanna try to TBF for as long as i can. now i am contemplating if i should introduce one fm every night and store that pack of bm or just go ahead and tbf until demand exceeds supply..

what do you think, mommies??

mummies, we are still less than 1 mth after birth, ss wont increase so fast. this is my 2nd birth, it takes about 2 months or longer for the ss to increase. So dont worry.

janjan, i think diff hospital place diff emphasis. For mine, the nurse, doc, lactation nurse all want me to bf. but i dun really care, i let my gal feed on 1 FM for her night feed so that she will sleep longer.

anewmummy, could it be masitis? Pls go find out more on the internet.

i have heard also about giving fm to baby with jaundice. It is crucial to pass out the black poo and bm is not going to help alot esp we are on confinement and its heaty stuffs we are eating. Dun sayang the bm. Give fm at least until the baby recovers. You wan your baby to recover fast. Do with some baby massage and apply telon or ruyi oil. Baby will feel good. Swaddle him up.

I tried the fenugreek brew with water. Its helps! You can try to buy a small pack from Sheng Siong about 60cents. Get a thermo flask. Throw one tablespoon of seeds and add 1 littre of boiling water inside. Seep for at least an hour until the seed become soft. Drink it hot. Should be able to see result within 2 days. I see result. Feel milk flow is better.

Back