(2012/03) Mar 2012

Twins, maybe just ignore this friend until after u give birth? Some ppl might be concern but the words just dont come out right. Take care. Stay happy.

betsy - ya v confusing de. blood test im referring to is not oscar.. blood test usually done ard 12 weeks i think.

BB - u take EOP when u first employ ur maid? just rmb got this test to take b4 employing.. hahaha..

Hi Twins,

Actually regardless of twins or singleton, mummies will always worry n pple will always comment... Just take some of the comments with a pinch of salt..

For my #2, i was already 1 cm dilated at abt 31 weeks n having contractions. At that time, i told myself that i was prepared to go KKH if anything happens..But most importantly, i must still stay happy cos Happy Mummy = Happy Baby.. In the end, my gal came out at 40 weeks + 3 days.

Dun worry abt $ cos like wat BB said, you can always downgrade to KKH/SGH/NUH C class ward. Just concentrate on delivering happy chubby baby. Happy Mummy = Better appetite too!!

I did the scan + blood test at week 12 but only know my result at week 16 checkup coz SGH din call me.

Hi everyone!!! such a cold morning!!! best weather to zzzzz... haha...

twins happiness, jia you!!! happy thots! actually i think your frens are just concerned abt you, just that they din put it across very nicely... stay positive ok! but do be prep for a less ideal scenario so that you are mentally prepared and knows exactly how to react! jia you jia you!!!

twins, don't think too much, your friend is probably concerned about you but was too direct and blunt. stay positive and talk to your babies to calm yourself down!

chomp chomp - i tink CL now is abt $2k - $2.2k like tat .. quite ex , guess part time maid is not a bad idea too =)

michelle 2202, why are you vomiting so many times? baby dont like milk?

daisy, wa, so nice, u can sleep till so late .. lol

Twins: I agree with Poohwei. My friend she had twins & she delivered them at week 38 via c-sect at Raffles Hospital. They only need to stay ICU for 1 day. Just need to ensure their weight is >2kg then it's safe to deliver le. No need to switch to KKH de. For mummies with singleton, we may also have pre-mature babies de lah... all this cannot be sure de mah so no need to b kiasu. Stay positive!

Michelle: I'm same like you. After brushing my teeth, vomit till yellow fluid came out plus urine leak!! Now my uterus pulling on the right side
sad.gif
Feel like taking MC today & zzZzz at home but now going to present something to my CEO... so have to ren!

Thank you mummies for the encouraging words.

As usual, first-time mum is always paranoid, let alone I'm carrying two of them. Haha... As my hubby and MIL belongs to the "pantang" clan, I am having quite a lot of restrictions le. I think I will just act busy if my friend wants to "suggest" something to me again. I believe I can cope better without her "concern" haha. Too much is really buay tahan. Even my hubby told me not to get affected by her.

Michelle: Do take care, do u have vomit pills or chen pi mei to stop that? Do u think u eat more than usual? I realise if I eat slightly more than my usual for dinner, when I brush teeth, some of the food will merlion too.

dym, i took my blood tests during my 18weeks. my next appt is on 4/11.

nw busy finding hourly maid / cleaner. my clothes which needs to be iron are now full 1 basket. haha.

morning mummies,

twins, dont worry God will bring the 2 darlings to full term, relaz dun stress yourself.

zelda & Dym, i everyday brush teeth will hav this problem. even when i step into the toilet to pee also will feel pukey.

Good morning mummies 
Just woke up n realized the sky so dark no wonder I can slp til now. Having bad dream n cried in the dream.. So tired Nw.
Mich22: u ok? Ms today so jialat ah? Got ginger tea or peppermint tea?

So far I'm in my 15wks havent done anything blood test, suppose to do in on my 14wks but went gynae foe earlier appt due to cramp on 13wks so gynea said nxt wk when do amino will do blood test together .

Dym,
yup, took the test last time. It's valid for lifetime, right? I don't want to take it again leh ... :p But it's actually quite easy, can refer to the printouts, just very leychey.

Till now I still havn't take my blood test! My gynae kept saying that's not important, can always do it later. I'm happy too, haha!

Morning mummies! Last sat and yest night i got the same feeling that's like tapping within my tummy. Dunno if its my bb kicking/moving? No idea how first time should feel like. Heehee...

Twins,
I get all kind of suggestions/ideas last time too! No this, no that, do this, do that. I just listen and filter whatever I don't want to listen. :p

Even now that as a 2nd-time MTB, I still get "suggestions" from those friends with 3/4 kids. I see it as concern and topics for them to talk to me about. Don't have to really listen to everything. It's your body, your bbs, you know best.
happy.gif

BB - i saw from sp.edu.sg that if employing for 5th FDW, u need to attend class EOP and no online EOP lo. LOL.. dun worry u r safe.

GG: how's Ur amino test? How many days u waited? I'm doing nxt tue. Aft the test I tot of resting til Sunday Shld b enough right ? If not keep staying Hm will think too much.

Amino test take two weeks to know the result right ? i am considering now because i rather have a peace of mind ... but i wait for hb to read up more info first ....

Dym,
ya, think if you change 5 FDW within a year, you'll have to go for class and "counselling". hehe.

why 5 and above in a year need to go "counselling" ...becuz cant be 5 of them all cannot fit requirments, and must be the employer's problem? haha

BB - i wont be so sway de.. LOL..*fingers crossed*

starr - always in favour the FT/FDW.. thats y u see many FTs in sg..

dym, ya man, every retail shop u go to nowadays, sure have at least 1 foreign person working there..

think i saw an article recently that this person wrote abt him taking the train...there are so many foreign workers in the train with him that for a while, he felt like he was in India..

Dym,
I don't mean you lah, I mean general employers. haha!

Starr_nn,
haha!! You will feel the same too if you take buses that past by Upper Serangoon Road on Sundays. :p

starr - im surrounded by FTs around my area. soon there will be 1 living with me. guess its time to pick up another language!

<font color="000080">Mrs Carice >> Paiseh didn't log in at home just saw your qn. My OSCAR results is 1:196... much worse than yours :p I guess depends lor... cos actually by the time you wait for the amnio results it's almost time for the 20-week scan le. I think from the scan they can also tell if there's a problem *choy choy choy*. So can opt to save money and just wait till the detailed scan.</font>

Tethysea, i will be going for detail scan end of the month. will detail scan able to see anything? your oscar lower how come still need to do the test ?

Carice,
detailed scan is supposed to be scanning for any problem like skull, spine, heart, kidney &amp; etc ... including DS.
I also agree with tethysea since the amnio results will probably come around the time you do your detailed scan then why not wait for detailed scan?

I m going for my blood test on this Sat. Think it's to test for aids etc etc. More on e mummy side.

I guess as long as u re pregnant sure got alot of advice good or bad. Like wat some of e mummies here say, must filter n be +ve &amp; stay happy!!

Hehe, that reminds me I must ask my baby to open legs big big so tt I can buy e new clothes &amp; wrapping cloth!!! I m thinking of getting my mum to sew a wrapping cloth for e baby!

Last weekend, I was so upset by my inlaws tt I told my hubby tt when I gave birth, I appreciate that they dun come up to my hse unannounced! And I appreciate they keep their mouth shut on my confinement diet!

Michelle2202: I hope you feel better soon! Rest well yah!

I also realized that whenever I brush my teeth, will have the tendency to puke. Morning puke yellow liquid which I wonder if that's gastric juice coz stomach is empty. And at night vomit dinner/supper! (>.<) So now I always try to brush v fast before I throw up.

Btw, any mommies out there go toilet v often? Especially during bed time? I tot it happened only the 1st tri but even during my 2nd tri, I still go toilet as often as 4-5 times from the time 12-6am!
sad.gif

Thank you mummies for all your concern :p I've added my details into the spreadsheet but i can't post
sad.gif
, just realise 2 mummies are seeing Dr. L N Sim too, maybe can meet you 2 during 1 of my visits to the gynea!
happy.gif

I would like to join fb, my email : [email protected]

I didn't know got so many Michelles here, how do I change my nick??? I can change mine to avoid confusions to all the mummies here
happy.gif

Can I join in the fb secert chat group??

By the way, I would like to ask where you mummies meeting this Fri? I see if I can join to meet all of you!!

Love, Mich

michw - u can change ur nick under ur profile. dun worry, we will get to know all the Michelles as time goes along..

I cannot tahan le... have seeked permission from my Director to take PM leave to go home to zzZzz. Like Michelle22, my gal is v sticky to me... so I guess I probably have to hide in Hougang in my grandma's hse to sleep.

Michelle22: I didn't see you post anything... u still sick? Once I start to puke, I will feel sick the whole day de! Tonight still date my hubby go pak tor without princess... hope I'll feel better after sleeping.

Hi all,
1. Confinement lady, I m paying $2.2k. I consider myself lucky because she is a local.
2. Blood test, I did it for 1st trim check @ week 12 and results was 3 weeks later when I went to see the gynae again.
3. Infant care, did consider, but a bit rush because need to knock off on time to pick up kid. And also too many babies.
4. Vomiting, I am still vomiting too, but I am on tablets every day prescribed by gastro doc. Metoclopramide. Initially did not want to eat cos dont want too many medication, but scared baby not getting nutrients, so no choice.
5. Lunch time topic today was asking my colleagues what brand of cot, car seat and stroller they buy. Have any of you started buying already?

michelle22: you better take gd care of yourself.

So far i think my ms has stable le... i often feel hungry... any mummies encounter this? How i wish i can zzzz at home with such a nice weather...

Hi Michelle, I am looking for cot, car seat and stroller too. I think Combi brand is a value for money brand.

Michele

Michelle 2202, you can try taking Meiji biscuits or dry biscuits. I helps with the vomiting, you might be allegy to milk - could that be the cause of your sudden MS?? If your gynea is not around, you can go to A&amp;E or try my gynea, Dr. L N Sim at level 4 at TMC, she is avaliable today in the afternoon session

Hope my info helps!

Michelle Goh: Am actually very excited and looking forward to buying bb stuff. But am not very sure whats the gd brand out there n what to take note of.
happy.gif
So looking forward to the Parentfair at Expo in Nov!!! Hehe!

Dym: Wow...that's so good for you. My sleep was disturb by frequent unrination. But do you drink plenty of water? I get extra thirsty after toilet. Haha! I heard sometimes is due to baby pressing on the bladder.

Btw, where can I get the excel sheet ah?

Back