(2012/03) Mar 2012

elletwins: Yes I use Phiten before. It does help losen your neck muscles abit. But since shifting house, my Phiten is gone. Guess need to get one soon... You don't have any family support to help supervise the maid? I feel that it's better to have at least 1 adult to supervise the maid. You know maid is also human & after awhile they also short cut de. If no one can come over, then I feel it's safer to go infant care or look for a trusted nanny. But of course maid is the cheapest since they can help to look after bb during wkends, do housework & cook.

star_nn: Wah how come the CL so garang? Yes, will ask her to pack her bag if I were your friend.

Carol: Happy for you to see bb gender. I'm like star_nn have to wait for detailed scan before knowing. My #1 also like that... all v stubborn de... talk also no use. LOL!

zelda, detailed scanning sure can see gender huh? what if still shy and no open leg? or since grow quite big, genitals should be big enough to see even though close leg?

ya lor, dont know why so garang, see they all "good to eat" or what..

I first saw the gender @ 12 weeks, during first trim scan. Was confirmed at 16 weeks.
BB, r u going to leave the baby solely to the maid? I am on the lookout already. This type of thing depends on fate, dont think it is first one can succeed liao...The maid agency says it takes abt 2 months for the paper work. So can complete by Dec, let her familiarise in Jan, just in case Feb early birth...that is how I plan.

MichelleGoh,
yup, bb will be solely to maid cos I'm working. My mum stays next blk, think she will pop by before/after her work to "spot-check". hehe.

My #1 & #2 were taken care solely by my 1st helper too. I guess the 1st 1/2 months before bb comes out and 4 mths ML is a good time to assess the helper.

Jac, I talk to my bb everyday. It feels funny initially, but now ok liao...I talk to baby even in office. My colleagues are all parents already. They are used to it.
Zelda, I went to seek medical advice before using. I was advised not to use it excessively like every day and not to stick too many stickers.

MichelleGoh,
ML = maternity leave
She wanted to go HK after her contract ended and my kids were 2YO by then so we sent them to ccc and didn't get any new helper.

BB, takes a lot of courage to leave it full time with the maid, but I got no choice lo...
sad.gif

MichGoh - i will be leaving both my 4yo girl n nb with helper too..
in between there will be few hours with no one supervising.. ((=

star_nn: Unless you "suay" like me for my #1.. I can't see during detailed scan bcoz of position as bb glue her legs together! Later when I went to see gynae with the detailed report, I ask him to check again lor.

wenwen: Can eat Bread Papa lah. Y you think cannot?

elletwins: Oh i see. Tks for sharing
happy.gif
Talking abt headaches... my headache is here again
sad.gif

For mummies who are leaving bbs with maid, can fix those camera where you can login frequently on your iPhone to check. The cameras are not very costly (around $200+ can get) & easy to install. My friend who leaves her twins to 2 maids at home does that.

I still yet to get CL and helper or nanny too.. headache.. In fact, my eldest sis would like to do confinement for me but my hb prefers to get someone outside to avoid any gossip and conflict.. headache.. Any suggestion?

marysiew: I think get an experienced CL is better. Unless you want to save $ & you can trust your sis then ask your sis to do. Then try to tell your hubby that it's cheaper to let your sis do etc
happy.gif

MichelleGoh,
yes but generally the Phils are quite ok. Many of my friends managed to get good ones the first time. Don't get too stressed over it.

Worse come to worse can install cameras at home like what Zelda suggested, for a peace of mind.
happy.gif

zelda, thanks for your advice! In fact, my sis has 2 times confinement experience for her daughter in law. Ya! Sis is definetely cheaper than outside.. One thing I worry is I dunno my sis can tahan to take k of bb at night as she got high blood pressure.. On the other hand, thinking to get experienced one but a lot worries.. I still yet to call the recommended CL.. afraid they all booked.. Must finalize CL by this week liao..

momomummy: don't worry abt the pulling feeling, it cos uterus is sensitive, i've it since 5 wks
happy.gif
so checked with Dr b4 abt it, kinda worried then

My pd was determined by my gynae but u can always request for a specific pd when u first go to e hospital admission to deliver

mary - i tink its quite ok for ur sis to help out if u wanna save money cos even hiring a CL might not be a good one , by den u will be more headache , maybe she come help out in the morning time and nite time both of u take turns to look after baby?

Jo: thanks for the comfort, was a weird pulling feeling cos i dun hv that on my no 1.... and i drink alot of cold water recently hehe...

momo: i aso have pulling at my lower abodmen..did went to see my gynae when i had it 1st time..but bb is ok..gynae said might due to uterus expanding or some muscle cramp...i doubt anything do witht cold water but of coz we try our best to cut dwn..til nw i aso having pulling on n off.

Sarah/teathysea,

May i know your oscar result when doc suggest you to do amnio test ? today i have my result and it show neither here nor there ... doc say i have a choice whether to do or not ... if you dont want to post here ... can share in the fb secret group or email me at [email protected]

i am confuse now .... arghhhh

Carice: since u r young ie <35yo, I think no need to do amnio. But if u think u will hv sleepless nits over tis, then better to do.

Dear mummies, I wonder if you will feel more sensitive due to hormonal changes in our bodies? As we know that we have little ones in us, we tend to be protective because of mother instinct. So far, baby twins are doing well in me but I do get affected by pple's remark like, "twins may premature, why not switch from TMC to KKH becos they may stay in ICU?" Deep down my heart, I wish babies will come ard 37 or 38 weeks as wat my gynae say. And I hope they will be more than 2kg and healthy without complications. But reading and hearing cases of baby stay at ICU really freak me out. What make it worse is I feel that my friend is cursing me... Very very unhappy.

twins_happiness: it's natural to be more sensitive. Think your fren is concerned, just that the remarks didn't come across nice. Is he/ she your close fren?

BeHappie: I know her almost 5 years le. She's also staying near my block. I tot she is a nice friend but I dun appreciate the scare. Moreover, she's a 2nd time MTB, due same month as us too. Really weird people...

twins happiness - is ur fren always so straight forward on her words? i tink since u know her quite long , she might be concern abt u but donno how to direct her care in better ways of saying ..

maybe u could let her know tat ur uncomfortable abt hearing such things and hope she wont say it again next time , cos since she's pregnant , she will know pregnant ladies mood would be more easily affected sometimes .. =)

Twins Happiness: Stay positive and happy! It is important for mommy to be happy. Happy mom = Happy BB! I have mommy telling me that BB will be affected by our emotions.
happy.gif
I also agree that during our pregnancy, we tend to get more emotional and sensitive but I think that’s perfectly alright as long as we can constantly remind ourselves to stay positive and happy. As for ur fren, I believe she is just being concern but not being sensitive enough. Well, you know some people just like to say something before really thinking how and what to say?! Hehe! So…ignore negative remarks! Absorb the good ones! Jiayou!
happy.gif

Carice : for me I didnt do Oscar Coz my NT scan alrdy shown my bb neck fold is slightly thicker than average n there is a risk of having a ds bb. As I'm 35 tis yr, he asked me to do amino test straight instead of oscar as amino given 99.9% accuracy even though small risk of miscarriage.
If u reali wan to have a peace in mind for the rest of Ur pregnancy mths, Mayb u wan to do the amino test. U can discuss with Ur hub .

Carice: I rem Duno which mummy did a genetic scan at Camden. If Ur result is neither here n there Mayb u can try tis option instead? Genetic scan need to perform Ard 14wks, I rem that mummy said she did her Oscar alrdy but went for genetic scan for double confirmation. U try to google search genetic scan at Camden. If u need can't find let me knw. However I stil go for amino test due to my age thus I wan almost 100% accuracy. Since Ur Oscar borderline Mayb u just wan do tis scan to make sure.

Carice, wats your Oscar result? Doc usually recommend amnio if risk is worse than 1:300, ie anything less, or if any family history. And like some mummies say, depends on whether u wan 100% confirmation, and will the result of amnio affect your decision. The amnio process is not as bad as we thought, as mummies who went though it will agree. The waiting time for the results is more painful but at least u get peace of mind. I also know of mummies who went genetic scan first, some are happy when the results show reduced risk, some still proceed with amnio thereafter. For me I went direct for amnio as if gives 99.9% certainty. No other scan can do the same as far as ds detection is concerned. And we were much relieved when got the results. In good hands amnio is v safe. Gynae performs the procedure. Most impt is really rest for the next 3 days and dun lift anything for a week. I took additional leave to rest at home and just relax.

Ladies, thanks for the advise. hb ask me not to read up more info on the wiki. he will read instead.

my result base on my age risk are 1:623 and i am 1:534. base on cut off 1:300. like that i also dont know how. but if really so jia lat, i believe my gynae will straight ask me to do the test.

Hi Twins,

I also have a very close fren who is having twins. For her, she told me that her gynae has also mentioned to her that she is on the high risk side n advised that she should go to KKH if she were to deliver b4 32 weeks. For me, i advised her to go to the polyclinic to take a referal to see a gynae at KKH...cos if anything were to happen, she needs not worry abt facilities n cost.. Of course, i also told her that if there is nothing wrong, then the gynae at KKH will only serve as an "insurance". She is currently seeing a private gynae n will deliver at TMC if nothing goes wrong.

For me, i just shared with her that i have a cousin who gave birth to twins at 36+ weeks n her sons stayed at NICU for 1 day only..so i encouraged her to eat more "bu" stuff so that her babies will be of decent weight. Even if the babies are slightly premature, so long as they hit a certain weight, they need not stay in ICU unless there are complications.

Dun think she is jealous abt u. Just stay happy!!

morning mummies! its super duper raining here.
wet road and wet tuesday.

carice, whats your bb gender?

mummies, i tot of engaging CL too. but the costs is freaking high. S$3k ??
aniwaes i will just ask my mum to come over and cook soup for me during my confinement period. as for the hsework chores, i will engage part time maid :D

oh ya, i wanna ask, last wkend i also did some blood tests. usually when will the results be known? am quite freak out on this result ....

chomp - in how many weeks? i did my blood test when im 11weeks.. will know tests on my next appt which is 2 weeks later. normally they wont call us if the results is ok.

Good morning mummies, thank you for the advices. Many times, I keep telling myself to be positive. As that will affect my babies, of cos everybody prefer to hear good and nice things. My gynae did told me about complications and what to do when it happen. I guess constant reminder get me nowhere too. Keep worrying about $, their health is draining me. And I can't predict my babies future. Right now, I can only try to eat well, sleep well, stress less and be happy. Yesterday was feeling very emo becos that friend say that remark thrice on different occasions. And my response towards that remark is I won't put myself in that dead end as God haven't tell what's his plan.

Michelle22- u super sia! everyday see u so early in the morning.... go rest? raining day nice weather to sleep... hehehe

twins - i think u r just being sensitive in this preg. dun worry too much. dun think of future first when u cant even predict what will happen the next moment. God blessed u twins, he sure will help u thru.. (((=

Twins,
I can understand how you feel but you need to shut off yourself from all the negative things. Just concentrate on resting and eating well. Though twins are on higher risk of premature delivery but you can still have very good size and healthy babies. I delivered my twins at wk 34 and they were 2.4kg, 1.9kg, didn't even stay in NICU. Only in SCN (special care nursery) for 1, 2 wks and they are 2 healthy 4.5YO kids now.

Your gynae from TMC should be able to advise if the chances of premature delivery is there when nearer to EDD.
My cousin's (having singleton) orginal gynae was from RH but when she went for her check at 27th week, cervix found to be dilated and they sent her to SGH for delivery at class c ward. Both mum and bb turned out fine. So regardless of the situation, there'll still be a way out. Don't have to worry too much about it now. Stay positive.
happy.gif

Back