(2012/03) Mar 2012

Chrmei : nature cure (calcium 500mg plus vitamin d gummy) natural strawberry flavor. I not sure able to get from pharmacy or not.... I will go to check out too.....

My gal also will tell me she wants a seat coz early morn she is slpy... But still no1 gv up seat... Somemore recently my gal get more sy 9 and always say don wana go Sch coz I guess she also sick of taking train every morning.. V seldom will have ppl gv up seat, even got ppl gv up seat to my gal, my gal will gv up the seat to me, I told her I dn nid to sit, I let her sit n rest awhile, she will say "mummy, u come n sit, bcos u got bb... " normally I will share d seat w her, ask her to sit on my lap... The person next to me see me sharing the seat w my gal also nv give up his/her seat to my gal... Hw come ppl so inconsiderate?
when we rch Tpy, I need to persuade her until the time almost got me late to work... Plus when reach destination, she will say wana follow me to office 1st den in the end bring her to office, she will say she don wana go Sch again...
I dono how to handle her... Only when my Hb got off day, send us to Tpy den he can manage her... Hb will bring her to have breakfast then slowly persuade her then bring her to Sch..
My elder gal ever since she knows I got baby, every night wana zz w me... Must tell her nicely then she will go over to slp with my mom (my mom staying w me mon-fri coz she helps me bring my elder gal to Sch)

Janjan,
can try aloe vera gel from pharmacy, non-medicated and it soothes the itch.

Esth3r,
the $63 is for 100ml? Then it's cheaper to get from the BP, right? Only $56.

J - the place u staying far fm ur girl sch? must be hard on her to go sch everyday with packed train ..

maybe u slowly talk to her abt having baby and she gonna be a big jiejie?

did u ask ur girls whether they wan a didi or meimei ?

BB - where is BP? so cheap, only $56..

Also the aloe vera gel, which kind is it? I also want to buy, v itchy at times...

Good morning mummies,

Looks like many mummies stay at the northern part of Sg. I take train from Admiralty every morning. Not many people will give up their seats to us despite seeing a bump on our tummy.

Men - act blur (play with their games/surf iphones/read papers), act sleepy (sleep with eyes not fully close), act deaf (listening to earphones), worse act blind (one of them took out his spectacles to clean, wear it and go back to sleep). Both my hubby and I shake head when we saw that.

Women - I thought they will be more sensitive, they also "Di Gong", I really wonder why we have such insensitve people in my country? I remember one PRC cheong to grab the seat and "sleep" immediately. How is that possible? But I can only laugh at the way she do things.

At times, I will get seat from non-priority seat. When I alight, I thought, my hubby will take a seat before he reach Somerset. But he jokingly told me that he don't want to appear on stomp. Another person will sit down almost immediately. How many people are selfless? How many truly feel for those in need?

Find it ok for ppl not wanting to give up their seats. Perhaps they r tired too. But those taking the reserved/ priority seats who r not in the needy category is simply selfish. Already labelled the seat and some trains even got diff color tone. They fall asleep or look away. Too much lah. Should set a fine?

zelda, for confinement, I will be staying with my mom and engage a confinement lady too. Hope Im not being too ambitious to hope that I can take care of 2 babies at night! :p My hubby is very stubborn. He refused to get a maid as of now. Everyone gets frustrated trying to talk sense into him. He feels that we can all take care of the babies well on our own.. faintz.. After the confinement, PIL will move in with us to help take care.

twin-happiness: im slowly gaining weight this past week as i got my appetite back. So far gained about 4 kgs. I get breathless at times too if I walk too fast. But I also think the train's ventilation is not so good when it's overly crowded? just be more careful yeah..

about clarins oil, if you have friends going to HK, you can get them to buy for you at HK Sasa or Bonjours. They are always having promotions and with the better HK currency rate now, I got my Clarins Oil at about S$50. And HK Sasa has additional discount for those with student cards so my colleague (a fresh grad) just showed them her NUS card to get the additional discount.

For those who are applying the Clarins Oil, do you apply at night? I find that the oil will stain my clothings and even after washing, it leaves an oil smell on my clothings? Or do you apply it according to how the bottle suggests ie apply and rinse with a cold shower?

Twins Happiness: Ya S'poreans are inconsiderate creeps! I used to stay in Admiralty too. When I had #1, my ms v bad... luckily my hubby ok to fetch me to work. When I knock off work, my father will fetch me. If any of them not free, I will take a cab. My MS then was rili bad so I don't have the energy to stand in the crowded mrt for 1hr with no seat! So have to burn $ to take taxi when no one can fetch me to or from work lor. Luckily my new place now is about 20-30mins bus ride to work. Also no seat... so just dangle (sometimes without pole) to work. Tmr will have F1 race, due to road closure I'm gonna squeeze in crowded mrt again for 1 week! Aargh!!! Anyway not just S'pore. When I was in HK... no one give up seats to preggy ladies or old folks too! Those people are worse as they openly (ie not pretending to sleep) just sit there & watch the old folk or preggy lady. Sigh... I guess this is Asian culture?? ;p

The rain is making me v sleepy today. Feel like zzZzz in my workstation but got so much work to do. Sigh...

Hi J,

I can understand how u feel. Both my gals are also getting jealous. I literally 左拥右抱 during sleeping time. 4 of us on the king sized bed! Grr.. Thank god, i FINALLY managed to wean off my 29 month old gal from breastfeeding!! Hurray..a 5 months holiday for me before i restart my bfging journey again..

Cant imagine the sleeping arrangement when #3 arrives..Maybe 左拥右抱 plus one of my tummy..haha

Jo - ya lor ! set fine is great ! since they got officer or wat to stroll ard to see if ppl got bring drinks to train not , shld set fine for normal ppl who sit in reserved seats !

phylee - r u intend to breastfeed?

wow , ur so ambitious to look after 2 at a time , why not like 1 to CL , 1 to ur mom and u look after 1 urself? so u can have more rest in e nite =)

starr_nn,
BP = Bulk purchase thread in this forum
happy.gif

Here's the thread.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5786059.html?1316417578

Aloe Vera gel, Jorubi. Can get from Unity, Watsons or Guardian.

http://www.jorubi.com.sg/AloeVeraGel.aspx

daisy, yeah i intend to BF. Hopefully I can achieve that! Yeah, also an idea to leave one each to mom and CL. I also read that it's good to co-bed the babies (as in let them sleep in one cot at infant stage) so they feel more secure.. Having said that, I havent go find a confinement lady yet. haha. must really secure one now.

Hi Poohwei,

Wow you can squeeze 4 pax on a King size bed. My son 30mths old also likw to sleep in between us. Now being preg already having insomnia with the boy bad sleeping pattern sometime he will kick me I have to protect my tummy.

Btw any mummies started to BD with hubby? He has been monk for 4mth now starting to ask for it. Haiz how to do it with the boy sleeping with us?

phylee,
it'll be difficult to take care of 2 bbs on your own especially if at night, 1 needs to feed and the other needs to change diaper. Might be abit hard for you.
Are you a SAHM?

Daisy
My #2 was in Childcare centre at my workplace so every morn we go Tpy together ;)
I asked hey like boy or gal... Awhile say gal awhile say boy ever since Oscar scanning done, but can't confirm is boy yet.. Nw they keep saying is didi...

Poohwei
We also 4 of us zz on the kingside bes until one is aslp, Hb will then carry one of them over to my mom's bedrm... Same as u, left right hug one...over #3 come out sure jealous dono until where...

Poohwei, J,
your kids won't kick your tummy accidentally at night?
My hb is overseas now and the 2 kids also came over to bunk in with me on my queen size bed, so cramped! I got to "shield" my tummy from their kicks and knocks. :S

<font color="000080">turquoise >> I BDed couple of times over the last few weeks... heard that should try to restrict to once a week, and don't do to vigorous. But with your boy sleeping w you a bit hard leh.

michelle >> Oooh sweet form! Sounds good... I'm getting so sick of eating so many pills every morning.

zelda >> But in Japan and Taiwan, nobody will dare to sit on the reserved seats! The train can be packed like sardines and the reserved seats will be empty for the ppl who need it. So not true that it's an asian thing! </font>

Hi morning everyone..

just moved house to stay at parent's in law so MIL in take care of me and baby when baby comes. so tired after all the packing and unpacking and trying to adjust to new enviroment be it sleeping or even travelling to work. Hope can adapt to it soon, i'm feeling extreme tired.

phylee - oh my ! CL is like rather hot next yr , faster find 1 .. wow , tats is quite a challenge to bf them , maybe gonna set different feeding time if ur latching them ..

placing them together , one wake up all wake up?

J - tats good , when they hope for didi and come a didi , they will be very caring jiejie den ! my boys have been calling meimei since they know i pregnant , even we haven know the gender previously , lol ..

BB - where u kids sleep? 1 on ur right , 1 on ur left?

Daisy,
yup, I sleep in the centre. Can't wait to "chase" them back to their own room when hb comes back next week ... :p

turquoise, hubby asked for it even before into 2nd trimester. but need to be gentle lo. my hubby even asked gynae can BD anot. haha.. i will keep laughing at the thot of it.

ya i agree with you all, i was wearing maternity dress today and the people seating in reserve seat act blur act never see continue to play iphone... i was squeeze like sardine and was so uncomfortable.

BB, ya you got to be very careful of their kicks...

BB, yeah! I think Im really overly ambitious. haha. Im not a SAHM but am thinking of taking no pay leave whole of next year if our finances allow..

daisy, yeah lor.. im keeping fingers crossed that I can find one soon. :p

BB - LOL !! ur kids are cute ! haha

phylee - good luck in finding a good one =)

wow , taking 1 yr to look after oso not bad ! watching them grow up will be fun ! =)

I have seen pregnant ladies who politely asked the person sitting in the Reserved seat if they are feeling unwell or need the seat, and when the person was stumped for an answer, or replied "No", she then firmly said, "I will appreciate if you are able to give up the seat to me as I am pregnant and need the seat" ...

BB: ya lo. These ppl see me in maternity wear can still walk straight into me. Nowadays see danger coming will use hand or hands to cover my tummy.

Phylee, better act fast some CL might want to do multiples your selection become lesser.

My Details scan at TMC I think same with a few mummies on 20th Oct, mine at 11am.

phylee,
oh, I see. Ya, good if you can take 1 yr no pay leave else it might taxing for your inlaws to take care of 3 infants for the 1st 1 yr. My helper and I almost lost our sanity during that 1 yr just taking of 2 bbs, haha!

starr_nn - lol rarely got ppl dare to ask for seats , u know sometimes even when u ask for it , those ppl sitting might not be nice to give up also , nowadays , ppl r getting more inconsiderate ..

tats why i dont rly like taking public transport , sometimes some uncle , aunties rly just knock onto u just to get up the bus faster to get a seat chopped ..

actually so far i am lucky when i wear maternity clothes which same uncle during morning ride ... give me the seat ... (only happen 2 -3 times only)

today i see one preg woman whose stomach bigger than me ... at first i feel like giving her my seat but i preg too ... why cant the rest give her seat ...lucky afew station she manage to seat beside me ... how you will react if you were me ...dont give also cannot ... give then what abt us ...faint la

daisy - ya most of us scared pai seh, but when desperate, i think need to ask! Ask for the reserved ones, then the person cannot geng if he/she is not old, pregnant, or unwell...
But they can still fake unwell la lol...

Tethysea : Ya i also sick of the pill.... i complaint to my gynea then he say ok now u lucky i got order some pill replace as sweet de..... haha.... he let me try first before i buy de..... i eat feel ok so i buy it lor....

Carice : i will give up the seat to her... cause i done before end up more people see peisay will give up seat to me.... haha.... let them know why pregnant need the seat but still able to give up seat to big tummy pregnant de...... but got a time... when i give up my seat the pregnant woman say no no u also need the seat then people see liao also peisay then give up seat to her too.....

dont know why they like that also.... must they die die need the seat.... har.....

michelle, there was once my colleague and me both preggy but she in her 7mth so she seat down tummy is very obvious she gave up her seat to another preggy whose tummy is even bigger den hers. others see le not paiseh at all lo... cannot stand such people.

Oh yesterday i happen see Dr.Benjamin Tham those mummy here so lucky to have this gynea..... when i see him up to the OSCAR floor talk to the patient so nicely n explain to them.... wow... dont know this gynea so good de..... hee hee....

Michelle: I find dr tham to b a nice doctor, got one time during week 9 I had bleeding around evening n his clinic closed le. I sent email to him on his webpage explaining my problem and request to change appointment to nxt day. didn't expect he made the effort to call n advise me on phone that nite and still squeeze me in for the following day earlier time slot.

BB
Both my kids got slping pattern 1... That's why Hb will carry one over to next Rm when she is aslp... If not Hb will Zz on the floor...

I jus realized I was preg early sept, before that I didnt know that I had conceived and Hb n I been doing 'it' v often...

Wow!! Now is a nice weather to zz ley..but I can't... I feel so slpy aft my lunch ;/

J,
wah, you didn't know you were pregnant for 2+ months?? That means you didn't have MS too, so good ...

me too.. hard to take bus now cos always pack &amp; crowded &amp; I have to stand even they see my bump. So end up I have been taking taxi to work as the tot of taking bus &amp; have to stand make me feel so sian...
sad.gif

jac - i start looking to compare price only , wont buy so early , gonna buy just 2wks before birth ..

raining day !! wat a nice day to sleep !! =D

J &amp; BB: My gal also have sleeping problems so still sleeping with me while my poor hubby has to sleep on the floor ;p

jac: Not yet. Most probably will buy new milk bottles towards the last mth. Will try to have full bfg during my ML so milk bottle will be last resort if I need to pump out ;p

Pinky: Yes I agree with you. I think during 3rd trimester, I have to pester my hubby to send me to work or will take taxi. See how long I can "dangle" on the bus ;p

Back