(2012/03) Mar 2012

Dym,
not they scared, it's mummy scared of needles! haha! Last time I'll get my hb or helper to hold them while I stand outside the room and wait. :p

For those who take fish oil. i have one suggestion which i find it quite ok so far so good.

before you eat ur breakfast, pop the fish oil in. so when u burp ... it v light smell

if still cannot take it ... my friend suggest to me before u sleep then pop the fish oil (erm it could be better to take in the morning instead)

chinbbs,
ya, I remember the 6/5-in-1 are compulsory too. They took that last time.

Dym just mentioned pneumococcal was made compulsory in 2009. When did you check with kkh?

chinbbs,
oh, I know why the discrepancy. It's compulsory for nbs from 2009 on. Those born before 2009 is optional. Your #1 is before 2009?

starr_nn,
yes, many times. It's a set of jabs.

Dym,
you are right. It's listed as the 10th vaccine in the National Childhood Immunisation Programme (NCIP). So it's compulsory for nbs after 2009.

mummies, my Oscar result is out. my gynae's clinic called me and say its low risk....
happy.gif

bb, my girl born in 2010. i hv no idea how come they told me optional even the childhood immunisations bklet kkh pass me indicate optional vaccine.

My gal took rota virus jab as per PD advice as we sent her to e infant care.

Now I m on fish oil, folic acid & iron tablets. Every morn, I need to pop 3 pills into my mouth I sian but for e baby sake, just tahan!

Hi mummies

have been reading silently the thread all along.

Just received my OSCAR result yesterday and would like to gather your opinion on the next step.

My calculated risk is for the DS is 1/278. The guide they used is 1/300 and hence I was asked to consider taking the aminocentesis. I read from some threads that some hospital uses 1/250 as the marker. What about those mummies who have gotten the results around my range and what does your gynae suggests?

Anyone consider doing Genetic Scan to replace Aminocentesis???

Jo, my next appt is on 11 oct, also hope can see gender by next appt. alot of pple say might be boy cos very active... but 1 gf said her boy very lazy doesnt move much. so i also dunno.

hi muumies

also one of the slient reader.... this is my 3rd preggy and edd 22 March

but can't help when saw strongboy thread...

my personal view is regardless what the result would be i feel is what u can accept...
- after going whichever test or all the test, the result is confirm bb is DS. what would you do?? accept it or abort it???
If u say accept it u can skip all the tests...
if u abort it then choose the test that can proivde u a higher accuracy also equal higher risk.

tests is to provide you with some figures or statics information. No matter what you choose i do think is how much true fact can you take it...

starr : hmm.... i never sign that package for my #1 cause i use 3 jab pneumococcus to pay by CPF. think more cheaper cause the pneumococcus cost less than $400.

Chiny : oh mine is before 1yr already took 2jab.... she ok... doctor say she super strong... haha....

Hi strongboy, I wouldn't do it. It's too risky for the little fetus & u are already attached to him/her. These are only digit numbers. 278 and 300 is quite close. We have fate, and because of it we meet each other in this world. Just relax and enjoy the pregnancy. He/she will be fine.

michelle - so the other jabs like 6-in-1 and rotavirus pay in cash? end up will still be somewhat cheaper than signing package?

how about using baby bonus thingy?

wenwen: u still fit into usual clothings? went mothercare just now to get a dress, realised tummy is really really huge! hahaaa
maybe going there again Thurs/ Fri, just tried on a few pieces & feeling tired liaoz.
Ladies, can't join for swimming this Sat. Just got reminded have Co event Sat 6.30pm

starr : all i use CDA pay de... only 3 jab pneumococcus to pay by CPF

and hi to all.... i abit blur... report for the OSCAR stand for.... cause i wanna to check my #1 report but cannot find.....

<font color="000080">Jo >> Yes, my NT is 2.8mm, within range. But apparently safer is 2.5mm and below. The thing is, my HCG is 2.89MoM, when normal range is 0.5-2.5MoM. I guess that explains why my m/s is still so terrible...</font>

Hi mummies,

Letting go of the following:
1) Avent pre sterilised cups with lid 180ml x 10 at $25
2) Avent pre sterilised refill cups 240ml x 5 at $10
3) Lamaze spin &amp; explore garden gym for tummy time at $30

Condition: 9/10.

Kindly PM me if keen.

Thank you!!

Hi mummies,

I’m new here, my first post!
happy.gif
EDD is 15 Mar at Mount Alvernia Hospital. Just wondering if any of you ladies bought/rented a doppler? Im kind of in an awkward stage where Im not really showing except for a tummy pooch, and I cant feel the baby’s kicks yet
sad.gif
so Im so worried that the baby stopped growing (Im very very paranoid). But my next worry is what if I don't use it correctly and cant hear the heartbeat, I will likely freak out more hehe. Dilemma :p

Hi strongboy,

I did ok for OSCAR but I’ve scheduled an appointment for a genetic scan with Dr Ananda at Camden. Reason is if Im not wrong OSCAR only helps in detecting DS, and I just want to ensure the baby’s heart, lungs etc are fine too
happy.gif
If it gives you peace of mind I’ll suggest genetic scan over amnio, it’s cheaper ($398 + GST I think) and much less invasive (risk of miscarriage reduced). Just my thoughts ;)))

Bibi, we are all only ard 1st trimester u wont feel baby kicking so soon so dun worry... then with regards to the heartbeat u go gynae scan then ask to hear the heart beat... u use it by urself those not sensitive enuff cant really hear one... u worry too much just stay happy can oredy:p

Jo, i can still fit into a few piece of my normal clothes, so i wear the same few clothes for every week until i buy new ones... those are the loose ones which i dun really wear in the past cos i'm very used to tight fitting clothes. my belly also very big now but others may think is i'm fat more den i'm preggy.. this mornign when i took mrt, a lady stare at my tummy n look at me den din give up seat jus go back to play her phone.

welcome Bibi, dun worry about it. i was like you worried baby stop growing before my Oscar scan ytd until i see baby grown so much n even somersault n kick boxing inside tummy den i'm alright. my gynae mention that baby kicks and movement can only be felt after 16 weeks or even at 20 weeks so dun worry.

Thanks momo_Mummy and wenwen
happy.gif
Yah I know Im being silly but the fact that my T1 symptoms have eased (less fatigue, less ravenous hunger and less constipation) makes me worried haha. Might help if I throw up more :p My scan is this Friday and Im both excited and very worried. Yes hope we can feel our babies' kicks soon :D Bigger tummy also means higher chance of scoring seats on the train hehe

haha i find my #1 oscar report... omg... that time price is only $214.... now i see the price look much more ex wo....

Hi BiBi.... welcome here....
what ur gynea name?

Hi Michelle! (haha Im replying so fast...too free in office LOL) My gynae is Dr TB Lim at Mount E. Will likely be delivering at Mount A though ;)

Bibi U so funny... wait till u really vomit like mad u will cry.... is not fun to have morning sickness at all.... I hate it... didnt hv MS for my no 1 but this no 2 MS is BAD....

<font color="000080">strongboy >> Is this your 1st bb? I am in same boat as you, in fact my OSCAR results worse than yours :p But after googling, there are so many false positives I don't know why I even bothered with the stupid OSCAR test -_-;; This is an interesting and informative read - http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/Prenatal Testing/prenataltest-amnios.htm

I think this list of questions is very important - discuss this with your hubby before you come to a decision:

* What are your beliefs about abortion? Are there any circumstances under which you would be comfortable choosing it?
* How do you feel about birth defects and disabilities? Are there some you could not live with?
* Would you be able to choose abortion for certain birth defects? Even after you have felt the baby moving?
* How do you feel about the possible increased risk of miscarriage from amniocentesis in exchange for more knowledge about the baby's health status? Would you be able to live with it if you did miscarry after an amnio?
* If you would not choose abortion, would it be a blessing to know of any problems with the baby ahead of time?
* What would you do with the knowledge of a problem? How would it change your pregnancy and birthing decisions?
* How would you handle news of a problem emotionally? Would you be better off knowing about problems ahead of time?
* Do you think it would change your experience of pregnancy and your bonding with the baby to know about any problems ahead of time?

Hope this helps, fingers crossed for both you and me!
happy.gif
For me I will definitely do the amnio test because I am perfectionist (I know I cannot accept if my child is disabled) and I need to know to rest my mind. </font>

momo_Mummy: yah quite true, Im quite qian4bian3 in that sense haha. Downside is I've put on way too much weight cos my appetite became too healthy
sad.gif
Wow so qiao! yeah will add you hhee...you can look out for me...I usually sit in the clinic with a grumpy face cos the queue is sooo long sometimes HEHEH

tethysea &amp; strongboy: Heard that sometimes the results for OSCAR are not that accurate. Know of some pp who didn't pass OSCAR, went for omnio test and things turn out fine..

Hi all... I jus taken my Oscar today! The scan duration was abt 30mins ;) I saw my baby arms moving and the scan was amazing, I saw my baby sucking the thumb.. Moving up and down to the mouth... Althou can't confirm the gender of my baby yet but the scan today really made me feel so worth to go for it...

Hi strongboy and tethysea, I'm from the April thread but can't help commenting.

Tethysea's comments are very good. I'll just add on that if you fall in the category where you cannot accept a child with genetic defects, then go for amnio.

Amnio risk is higher when earlier in pregnancy but once you reach 16 weeks, the risk is reduced to 0.3%. On top of that it may help if your Gynae has a good track record performing amnio without miscarriages.

Of course at 16 weeks if discover something wrong with baby *touchwood* the abortion process is more painful than at 12 weeks but we should all have as much faith in our little ones as possible.

Due to family history I am skipping Oscar altogether and going straight for amnio upon advice of my Gynae who assures that she has a 100% perfect record of no miscarriages arising from amnio. We just have to do our part and rest more after amnio to prevent waterbag from leaking.

Good luck!!

Hi Strongboy, Tethysea and Tangerinez,

I agree with Tethysea and Tangerinez. It's a difficult decision to make for you and your hubby. No matter what's ur ultimate decision, jiayou, jiayou, jiayou!!! Wish u all the best.

Back