(2012/03) Mar 2012

mabel - so remember to rest more den ! =)

kelly - oh , the article i read said formula shld not be given water either lol .. thanks for sharing ! =)

michelle - ur sister bf her kid?

Daisy : she only bf for a month... later part is formula.... i heard Dr also say try not to give more plain water.... cause formula already got water......
Later i see i able help u get the info... why the reason not to let newborn baby to drink more water... affect her stomach system.... i see i still got the Dr email or not...

michelle - i know why not to let newborn drink water just wondering hw many will really let baby totally not to drink

its like , when baby hiccups , when baby have fever , wen weather is very hot ..

still can dont give water? lol

older people will cfm give like my mom haha

Daisy : I agree what u say older mother will give.... to me i let my mum give cause my princess different she got janice dont know spell correct or not... cause every morning she need sunlight... so confirm need water de... but of course i wont give too much lor....

for baby hiccups, plain water wont help de.... bf help to stop de....

Daisy - my SIL dun give her boy water even he hiccups.. she often says its ok and baby dun need water. her boy now is 10mos and i seldom see him drink water.

I did give abit of water after formula to 'wash' her mouth.. guess it all depends on the caregiver..

Hi Michelle & Daisy,

I did not feed my #1 n #2 with water until they started on cereal @ 4th month. Our breastmilk already contain a lot of water.

For newborn, its not encouraged to drink plain water cos they have very small stomach. If u are on tbf n u feed water, the baby's stomach will be filled with water and they may not want to latch on. As a result, ur supply will drop. So feeding of water is not encouraged for tbf babies. For formula fed babies, a bit of water is fine after each bottle feed cos formula is heaty n the baby may constipate.

michelle - email?

hiccups oni bf help ? lol den mom who dont bf how?

dym - wah , very firm , den let the baby hiccups till the hiccups stop itself?

poohwei - u bf ur 2 kids? oh , thanks for ur sharing !! =)

Hi Michelle,

Actually if u dun mind, bfging the baby after sun-tanning so that baby will not be dehydrated is also ok. But u r right, dun let baby take too much water unless they r formula-fed.

Me only give water from 6mths, although my bb mainly on fm. PD says no need water. Young bb at risk of water intoxication if consume too much water. TMC parentcraft also says no need, but if really wan, then at half teaspoon after each fm feed.

I started giving water only from 6mths when he starts semi-solid. And he had never had constipation problem. Initially my mum and mil also ask me huh no need drink water meh. Told them nowadays the fm not like last time le, not so heaty. My mum say last mum those with fm always kena constipation one.

i also didn't give much water to my #1... PD advised the same, not too much water..

is it alright to take chocolates while pregnant?

thanks ladies, will try to just cleanse and tone minus the moisturizer then see how. hope my complexion dun become too jialat by the time bb is born or else gotta spend more on facials.

michelle, i cannot tahan the bitterness in dark chocolate...
sad.gif

michelle - got i added u in msn yest !! i on my msn now =)

mummies , u all start babies solid at 6mth or early den that? like porridge ,cerals ..

Daisy - her son is her life. LOL.. she do only what she thinks right. her son on total bf til recently only. cos she too stress at work so no milk supply. hahaha..

Daisy - actually children gap too big oso no good hor? i oso forgotten everything and now like starting as a new mummy.. LOL..

dym - lol !! ya la ! i plan 2 yrs 1 kid but plan totally spoiled haha !! now i machiam new mummy , learning fm start .. cos previously , i sibei chin chai look after one hahaha !!

Dovey : oh when how much u eat.... actually as long u drink more water can de ba.... cause i also eating lei... but mine alot dark choc... not much sweet one... cause my friends say dark choc will be better...

if possible i go find out why again n let u know...

hello ladies, good morning...
hmm... thought at middle of 13th week MS should be gone, yet these two days, puke out again??? after stopped for like 2 weeks... why is this so??? feel miserable again why it comes back...
then got some friends know i am preggy nw, asked me if i got puke or not??? hmm, and my puking come back??? am i supertitious??? please please, MS please GOOOOOO....

about the change of complexsion, i read about it also... books say some women have radiant complexsion and darker hair...
i dint bother to put on make up for work nw, just wash my face clean and put on the usual facial care products and sun block will do..
occassionally one two pimples popped out if i eat too many crackers...

JuniorMe - ur not alone !! lets pray for MS to go toegther !! GOOOOOOO PLSSSSSS =D haha

Kelly - Come lets start all over again den !! haha

Kelly, Dym, Daisy,

my age gap also 5yrs! But I think Daisy has got bigger gap. We should go for refresher course together, haha!!

michelle - weird leh .. haha

BB - mine is 7yrs !! lol yup , lets go back first time mummies course haha !! moreover , i remember when i had the 2 boys , nobody say its harmful to feed baby with plain water , like recent yrs den this article came out .. so worrying haha !

Daisy - all along have ba.. just that we r not that IT savvy that time to check anything n everything online.. Right? haha..

jac,
think maybe MSN details don't put in the spreadsheet. Add in the FB group ba. Cos anyone can access this spreadsheet, not much privacy.

Daisy,
ya, I heard about the no-water thingy during my kids' time but we just didn't bother much since we also grew up with plain water, haha!

Hi ladies, haven't had time to be here for a while and took real long to catch up...

read before that pregnant women more prone to freckles too is that true?

Hi mummies, hvnt come in for a few days and thread is moving too fast for me to catch up!

How's everyone? Aiyo, I duno why I still vomit and vomit when the suppositories are supposed to be helping me curbing the vomit. Very sianz!

hello ladies!

down with a flu and never go see doc cos i dun wan to take med. still come to work now i feel like super cui.. haha..

some time back i read an article talking abt how taking too much panadol during preg will affect the kid's reproductive system. so i think best to keep it to the min. had stomach flu 3 weeks back. was super kiasu - reminded the GP i am preg and then after being prescribed with the med, i sms my gynae to check again. he was so nice to reply almost immediately!
happy.gif

as for drinking water, i din let my #1 drink water when he was on bm. my mum kept asking me to feed and i insisted that it is not necessary as taught by the trainer at the Parentcraft sessions. but when on fm, i feed a bit lah, cos fm is more heaty. dun feed too much though, cos i also read somewhere that the baby's system is not able to take so much water and it will be harmful to them.

Re: Pre-natal Yoga

Not sure if anyone here interested, I checked out Pure Yoga and here are the rates for reference
happy.gif

Month rates: 6 months - $205 per month, 12 months - $164 per month, 18 months - $137 per month

Limit to 5 sessions a month - about 143 X12 months, 184 X 6 months

$150 one-time registration fee ($75 if you sign up via local credit cards)

also checking out como shambhala...Anyone else has recommendations for yoga classes else where to let me know...

dym - is it !! omg den it must be me too suaku den liao haha ! maybe i was working tat time so no time to surf and now i'm too free haha !

BB - agree , we grow up with feeding of water by our mom !! haha

Back