(2012/03) Mar 2012

daisy - ya, cannot anyhow eat medicine. my mum don't even let me take pi pa gao when i had sore throat / coughing last month .. i had a cold too, can't take any medicine, just more fruits and veg to fight the virus!

dym - LOL !!!!! i chin chai grab medicine wen i'm sick but i do read leh , just tat box didnt state pregnant not allow to eat ma =.=''ok now i know liao hahahaha !!

just to share, it's safe to take medicines that are prescribed by your GP or gynea. they know best what's suitable for preggies. was told by the doc that most medicines are safe and the womb is very well protected so shouldn't worry about taking medication. i was falling sick almost every other week last month, had flu, stomach flu and flu one after another. couldn't imagine not taking any medication.

Hi ladies, been a silent reader for this forum. Couldnt help reading daily and decided to drop my first greetings! Hello everyone~

Was wondering if anyone is choosing gleneagles for delivery?

chiny - best is dun take anything u get off shelf. lol.. i rmb i had v v v bad flu that lasted for a month during last preg, GP didnt prescribe medicine for me except the spray for nose. best is see doc for medicine.

I've taken pandadol a few times leh ... Very bad headache, cannot stand. But I took the normal ones, not the extra.

Oh, I just read the link. It's NSAIDs, a group of painkillers, like brufen & etc ... cannot take. Paracetomal ok. Anyway I'm allergic to NSAID.

Jo,

i paid $430 if i'm not mistaken.
it includes doc consultation fee but without any med.
u better confirm with them, when can they let u know the result. i end up, do not receive any news fr them since my oscar test 2 weeks ago.

Just now at vivo food court a one old lady scold me how can u pregnant carry the baby chair.... Faint she say me u cannot carry de....

Does anyone know why cannot....

Linda - nvm , next time baby will give u a good position for u to take pic to keep for memory .. =)

michelle - maybe she didnt want u lift things which seems heavy ba .. old folks have tons of NOs de =)

Daisy: Hopefully the next round i can get a pic...
happy.gif

Hi all,

I have been reading the posts on this thread as I'm also due next year march. This is my 3rd baby. Frankly speaking, this pregnancy is unplanned and unexpected as my hubby and I have decided to close factory after we have a boy and a girl. But well, god seems to have other plans for us.
I'm coming to 12 weeks soon and going for OSCAR next week at tmc. Hopefully results will be ok though I do belong to the higher risk category due to my age.
I'm seeing my regular gynae at gleneagles but this time round, I'm quite keen to deliver in MA coz cheaper. But dun think my gynae can deliver there. sigh! Might have to look for another one then.

My fren whom is 17weeks preg was given 7-8 scans last sat since her bb kept changing position. Don't think there is additional charges.

So I was wondering if anyone requested b4 without being charge.

Linda - u sure will !! baby knows mummy & daddy wanna see and will give u a nice position =)

cheers - welcome & congrats !! is ur #1 & #2 very big therefore choose to close factory?

lusciousash - gynae will scan for me everytime i go but only sometimes he give me the copies and i didnt ask him for it too .. when he gives and i just take lol

Mine got mention if we want additional copies can bring a thumbdrive to save in at no extra cost for us if we want additional copies but so far always forgot to bring so not sure is additional poses or still save that 1 pose. the last round at tmc, bb very active during oscar and sonographer had to try many times to get measurements but when I walk in to gynae bb guai guai pose for pic so its still 1pic. will try to remember to bring my thumbdrive during my nxt appointment.

Btw does any ladies here find ur face oilier and have breakouts? Just wondering if pregnant can use pimple gel anot...so far my only remedy is 3m acne patch but not always useful.

Chrmei : ya suddenly my face break out.... But I never apply something's cause when I got #1 my friends say no point to spent money on face.... Cause hormone is keep changing. Feel fed up on my pimple now also.... Here also got say suddenly face change to oily is baby girl..... Ha ha....

Chrmei: me too have the same problem like u... Change a few skin products till I find it no pt, but recently been putting mask every 2 nites....

Chrmei : all along i have acne problem. however even pregnant ... my pimple still pop out but quite fast to recover.

i think better dont apply any acne stuff. can change to aloe if you want to ... i use aloe if my pimple pop ...

Hi ladies

i got something to share about the all day morning sickness.... (read from motherhood book aug 2011)

Question : I'm 2months pregnant and I'm nauseous all the time and the worse part is the only food that I'm able to stomach are all the wrong things - fast food, potato chips and even coke!
I've tried drinking fruit juices and choosing healthier snacks but it just makes my nausea worse. Do I give in my cravings?

Answer: In the early pregnancy, nausea and vomiting are very common. As a result, some woman actually lose weight. So it doesn't matter if you are eating the 'wrong things' for now. Whis is important is that you are eating something! Just don't make a habit of it. Once the nausea improves, go back to the healthy eating habits.

Answer by NUH Dr Anuta Kale

Good morning mummies!

Y'day my office IE explorer crash on me so didn't post anything. Stupid IT Helpdesk too busy to come to my w'station to trouble shoot. Today & tmr on leave to take care of wriggling worm as my parents went China from y'day. Y'day my hubby took leave & he wanna peng san bcoz my gal keep sticking to him. Guess these 2 days my turn
sad.gif

Chrmei, Michelle & Carice: My face ok leh. Just that I feel it has turned darker & some parts have uneven skin tone.

Ok got to run... doing my OSCAR today. Keeping my fingers cross that I can skip amnio!

chrmei,
are you still using your skincare products? I had a few pimples breakout initially. I thought it might be too oily so I tried stopping my night cream and it helped, no more breakout. So now I only wash face using cleanser then pat dry with toner.

Zelda,
good luck for your OSCAR!
happy.gif

chrmei - my face always been oily base so no difference for me ,for breakouts sometimes have 1 or 2 and by time it will heal itself so didnt use any pimple gel ..

Good morning,ladies! Not sleeping well in past two nights. Got headache in early second trimester. I am taking unpaid leave again today ; I think mommy and little fetus need to rest today
happy.gif

Hi daisy, ya I can drink milk. I'll try that one. We can't take stress in pregnancy. Headache comes along together. I have never had headache before my pregnancy. Have to be happy then baby won't give me headache
happy.gif

i happen to read on feeding water to newborn

was told not to feed plain water to newborn until they are 4-6mths old ..

was wondering how many of u actually totally didnt feed babies with plain water for the first 4mths..

i have only heard bf babies don't need to drink too much water. have been giving my girl water to drink right after we came back from hospital since she was on formula.

Back