(2012/03) Mar 2012

<font color="000080"> I don't intend to get CL leh... cos I know I very stubborn won't follow one. Haha! Intending to just cater confinement food, then if my mom or mil want to stay over can use the guest room. My sis didn't get CL either. Actually my friend (who's a guy!) offered to be my confinement cook!</font>

These days the CL more modern also la. Usually they will comply with wat u want rather than force you to follow all their rules. I din follow v strict confinement practices also. Even ordered in pizza once as I crave for it and she also just keep quiet lor. My sis in law ordered confinement food instead of CL also. If works if u can or wan to ownself handle bb or got pple help u. We can't be bathing bb etc, I find will b too siong. The frequent changing of diaper, feeding all will take up time lor.

GG Lee - even mom or mil do CL oso need pay them?

tethysea - same , cos i feel CL too exp lol .. plus i dont take ginger and most of the food goes with ginger , sianz ..

Mrs Carice - yup , got those confinement catering , heard fm my fren as she's considering getting catering ..

hmmm , can we go out during confinement , u mean alone or with baby? i guess a while should be ok cos if i remember correctly , we still need to do check up on the first mth and bathing , i guess no mummies here would really tahan 1 mth dont bath ba?

i know i sure cant , the weather is too much for me to take it ..

Did my Oscar test todae and saw the bb moving, was really excited...

Btw, heard tat during the 2nd trimester can have sex, issit true?

BB, I am on Obimim.. and I really hate it. it makes me feel nauseous. Sometimes will skip one or two days,never eat. haha..

i went for my check up this afternoon. so cool, baby is so active and moving around, so hard to catch him in position. this time round, hubby went with me. as usual, doc was more excited to see him than me. end up, the men we staring at the monitor, the doc pointing and explaining everything to him, while i laid on the bed, wondering what he was refering to..
sad.gif
hello!!! i am the pregnant one, not hubby!

anyway, he kind of spotted the gender of baby, but dowan to tell us until he is very certain.. so we are still kept in suspense.

abt CL, this round, we are getting hb sister to come and do while my mum will cook for me. Cos I am very picky and hate Ginger to the core, only my mom knows how to blend in the ginger and 'cheat' in the Confinement menu. furthermore, we live on the same block, so quite easy for her. SIL only needs to help out here and there nia. no need to cook.

i'll be going for a blood test in two weeks' - to assess the risk and decide if amniocentesis is necessary.. gosh... that amnio thing is freaking me out.. i hope i need not go through it.

Janjan well planned! Haha I still not yet think of cl... I thought 12 weeks only think about it. Surprised ppl book so early!!

Anyone taking black more vitamins?

Pregnancy is expensive, baby is expensive! I feel the pains...

janjan16 - lol , same !! i dont like ginger either ..

Mrs Carice - ya lo , the weather in singapore is sooooooo HOT .. cannot tahan wan lol .. but i know some mummies would actually tahan for like 1 wk or more..

<font color="000080">mrs carice >> Yar I saw a few when I googled. But I look at the food sounds quite yuck... I can't imagine eating everything with sesame oil, ginger and liver for 1 month!

Huijun >> Actually if you have no spotting in 1st tri can have sex too
happy.gif

</font>

Wonder if we can get to know our bb's gender this week?
I rem my no.1 gender was made known to me b4 oscar test which is ard 10 weeks. Me gg gynae on friday. Maybe can see gender by then!

Princessy, janjan: is this your no1 or 2? I am just thinking confinement food is all about jinger and wine, if skip them good or not??

I am having problem getting back my flat belly after no1. It always look liked 5 months pregnant. This time round I hope can get it back. Any tips?

Also did you breastfeeding for no 1? Is was a nightmare to me! I dont have enough mill end up I stopped very early. How to produce more milks?

princessy - so early at 10wks? i only heard fm my gynae saying tat early will be at 12wks and only for boys and by luck too if baby is in good position for scanning .. usually is like 16wks and above den can cfm?

anewmummy - i tink not very good to skip confinement food , u dont like taking ginger too?

Hi anewmaummy

You just need to direct latch more in order to get back ur flat belly. All my frens including myself swears by that..Latching = free weight lost programme. In fact, you can become slimmer than u were b4..Apparently, it does not work so well if u r just pumping exclusively..dunno why also.

For milk, just drink more hot milo n fish soup n latch on demand. After latching, you may want to pump out the excess 1-3 times a day (nothing more if not u will go mad) to stimulate the breast to produce more milk. Once u offer FM, the baby will reject the breast liao..But have to intro bottle ard 2-3 months old if u r going back to work. For my #2, she was only on bottle for a few months..maybe 1 bottle a day. At 2 yo, she either drinks from cup or still direct latch. I m trying hard to wean her own..Cant imagine a toddler n baby latching at the same time.

Daisy, depends on your mum and mil but usually should give la. Although I had CL, my mum help do my weekly marketing and I pay her for it plus extra money.

Hui jun, ya, 1st tri also can have sex as long u no spotting. Gynae sheepishly told us try to limit to once a week in 1st tri and not too rough la.

During confinement I bath, just not everyday. I go put also, after 2nd week. It really depends on how strict u wan to follow la. I dun take too much ginger either.

Poohwei, Milo and fish soup din work for me last time. Suspect because I din latch on demand. Pump dun seem to stimulate milk production as well as latch.

tethysea : i hate liver .... i just put in the mouth itself can puke out liao .... arghhhh most likely i will consider cater better than cl ba ...
maybe order two weeks of food ? hehe ...

Hi GG Lee,

For fish soup, must drink 1 big pot..Maybe 4-5 bowls in a day? Yah, direct latching is still the best to stimulate the milk production. For pumping, good pumps help! I love my medela pumps. I will strongly encourage all mummies to buy medela dual pumps. Used my PIS advanced for both kiddos n i have a spare freestyle for work.. Saved like 2 years worthed of milk powder money for 2 kids.

PrinceSSy,
possible to see. For my last pregnancy, we were quite gan cheong and asked the gynae and he told us one of the twin is a gal. But only 80% sure, he didn't dare to confirm then. This time we didn't ask so he also didn't say anything. Maybe if you ask at your checkup, your gynae can tell you.
happy.gif

Carice, tethysea,
ya, actually if you have other help, it should be good enough to cater confinement food, don't need CL.

I think this is going to be my last confinement so I thought I want to "enjoy" abit. Can concentrate on latching/expressing, have decent confinement food and rest well.

And I LOVE confinement food! Sesame oil chicken/liver, ginger fried egg, pig trotter vinegar &amp; etc ... :p

I didn't really adhere to the "no going out" or "no bathing" rules last round. I had to visit my babies at the hospital daily and with breastfeeding, how not to bathe? Not very hygenic.
I bathed and washed hair after a week and after that alternate days. But do it with herbal and warm water then quickly dry yourself. Should be ok.

Re: For milk
I swear by papaya fish bone soup and oats. My mum cooked the young green papaya with threadfin fish bone plus some red dates. The soup is so yucky ... but it helps with the milk supply. And try to take oats everyday, it helps too.

Boy is easy to spot at early weeks. My first one during the scan at 12 weeks (i think), my hubby already knew it was a boy. Something between the legs. The gynae won't confirm the gender though. haha.

Poohwei, bb, Thks. Looks like my CL din give me enough papaya fish soup then. Only One bowl alternate days. Papay is use normal type just get green one? Hope this time round will succeed.

BB-> I think you should get the maid to come a little earlier, cos it takes time to teach them to do things properly and some are really hard to train.

Yes, agree shouldn't get mil to help during confinement. My mil stayed at my place during my confinement and kept on talking bad about my CL to my hubby everyday. Ended up my hubby asked the first CL to leave after 7 days and agent has to get me a 2nd one a few days later. Again the same, complain everyday. Ended up I was sp depressed and kept on crying everyday. Won't want her to come my house this time round.

Mei: Wow that bad ar.. but i got no choice. my mil will be doing confinement for me.

anyone have mil doing confinement for you?

Carice,
I don't eat the fats too, only lean meat and drink the vinegar. My boy loves the fatty parts, I'll give it to him. :p

GG Lee,
yup, young green papaya only. It's quite small so can use the whole papaya to cook. Add 1-2 slices of ginger too. My mum will cook a big pot and I drink throughout the day. But must heat up abit before I drink each time else v "xing1".

Mei,
ya, maybe will get in Dec before CNY then. Can help with housework and packing.

The last time round we had to go get a transfer maid during my confinement cos my MIL couldn't handle the babies. Lucky thing was the helper turned out fine and was a great help.

Wenwen,
if your MIL is those modern and open type then maybe won't have much problem. But still not advisable if there are other options, hehe.

hi, anyone here has constipation problem? i try to eat more vege and drink juice but doesn't seem to help
sad.gif

During confinement can stay in air-con room? if not i can't survive man...

yupz looking forward to vinegar trotters hahaa, not the meat but vinegar soup... hahaaa think MIL will cook, quite like their recipe
happy.gif

will call CL at 14 wks, if she's no longer available then my mum got to suffer a bit &amp; do lor

Mei, my mil same as urs. But my hubby shut her up. Old folks love to comment on everything. But I dun think my mil would have done a better job than CL lor. I think she not happy because my CL only cooks for me and not hubby. End my my mil start cooking for hubby even though he told her no. And mil and CL had to like share the kitchen!

BB: my mil is not modern de. she very traditional de. but no choice cos we very budget due to hse coming and etc... since mil agree to take care of me n baby so no choice i have to listen to her. next time in my own hse le if gt number 2 den will get CL.

Min: i have same probelem as u. u try taking warm honey water on empty stomach see helps anot. or else talk to baby and ask baby let u go toilet release, it works that way for me.

I m not on gd terms wif my mil, luckily my mum wanna quit her job n do my confinement n look after my bb, if not I gotta quit my job n look after myself. Tink our own mum is still better than mil.
happy.gif

Min, try prune juice, or eat fruits like papaya, banana, or oats. I on my aircon throughout during the whole mth of confinement. If u are super strict type, I guess answer is shouldn't use aircon or fan. In fact, some even keep their windows closed. But I think is madness lor. During confinement we sweat like mad, and feel v hot. And if u bf, is super unhygienic man. If u on aircon even normal days, I doubt u can tahan without it during confinement.

min : i having the problem. try eat prune (preserve also can) or drink prune juice helps. this is what my dr say de.

Me from 3 days become 2 days ... hahhaa

LuthAdel:> I'm sorry to hear that. Your blog is so interesting and is a good source of info for new mummies. Take care!

Mrs Carice:> I've PM you my email address. No leh, the hormone pills don't make me hungry. I don't feel hungry at all since I'm preggy... just nausea feeling most of the time :p So I guess it must be your good appetite bcoz of growing BB
happy.gif

I've been weighing myself and no increase in weight so far. It's amazing as for my 1st pregnancy I've increased 5kg by the time I hit 12 wks (now I'm 11wks le)! I'm not vomitting just no appetite &amp; feeling bloated 24x7. Will ask gynae when I see him next week.

I've updated earlier that my friend need to do CVS as she failed her OSCAR test. She SMS me y'day and said she pass. Phew! Plus her bb is a boy. I'm happy for her
happy.gif

For CL, I will also source for one after I pass OSCAR or amnio... no point sourcing so soon. My old CL v good but she stopped doing already (so sad) as she's taking care of her grandchild now
sad.gif

BB:> Better bring in maid earlier as nowadays not many choices. Plus you need time to train your maid &amp; get her to adjust to the environment.

Wen wen
I initially also thought that it's ok to have mil to do confinement, despite my friends' advice..cos the rship btw mil and me was good and can talk.who knows, when it comes to being under the same roof, plus hormonal changes, the cultural and habit differences are magnified..
Not only did these strain the rship with my ils but also with my hb.

Hi mummies, this thread is really active!

I visited my gynae last sat and my edd is pushed back to 25 March. Baby is now 9 weeks+ at 24mm.
As I had very severe morning sickness (I even vomitted blood once), my gynae gave me suppositories which helped a lot.

I am still considering if I want to go for OSCAR as it's not cheap, about $400+ since it's just a diagnostic test.

As for CL, my mother will help me do my confinement this time too. But i'm worried she will be too tired out, looking after my toddler, my NB and then got to do all the confinement chores.

Lotusmum: i tot so too. but my mum doesnt even take care of me when i was born, i was taken care by my grandma, but grandma reaching 90years old cant expect her to do confinement for me also. i did mention to hubby about the concerns on mil doing confinement for me, and he is very supportive towards me, and cos my mil used to be caregiven for other babies, so she is very experienced in this area and hubby wan me to learn from her since it's our 1st baby.

Huijun
Ooooh yes, I agree with you, mil will not treat us like their own daughter.. Our mother can take all our nonsense, when it comes to mil, they will feel that we are being unappreciative for their efforts or worse, say that we have poor upbringing

Mei - your mil come over to stay during ur confinement is to help u look after the baby?

wenwen - my mil previously helped out by cooking confinement food for me but lucky she's not staying with me cos she's pantang so she oni get my hubby or hubby's bro to send the food over ..

but bcos her food dont suit me , told her not to help again this round , so either my mom or hubby will do my confinement this time ..

Mrs Carice:> I think for the 1st 2 wks will b super busy with newboarn &amp; no time to go out lah. I didn't really went out during my last confinement. Only went nearby to stock up on diapers, wet wipes or other stuff. Even go out need to go home after 2-3hrs or else breast will be engorge with milk! I bath immediately I was given clearance to get out of the bed (I had c-sect) &amp; even washed my hair.

How not to bath in S'pore weather?? Sometimes bfg bb can also perspire like hell &amp; maybe bb drink my sweat even. Quite disgusting lah. But during confinement I will bath with herbs which my CL will prepare everyday for me. But the herbs is smelly so you'll smell of herbs &amp; milk <which>.

anewmummy:> You can ask your gynae for a pill which will increase milk supply. I didn't try that but my friend did &amp; her supply doubled. For me I drink fish &amp; papaya soup everyday to increase the supply as my bb refused to latch.

Poohwei:> Yes agree with you that exclusive pumping will not reduce tummy size! Wah your tod still latching? Ya better try to wean her early or else super tiring for you! Once I stopped bfg I feel so liberated as so much more free time. Wahahaha..... I salute you for your perservation!

GG Lee:> My gynae told me previously don't overdo on the papaya as it's not v good for preggy ladies. I guess in moderation ok. Banana ok? I thought can only eat those small bananas &amp; not the "western" type as it's too cooling? Anyway I'm not a prune or fruit person so am relying on my daily yoghurt intake now.

Back