(2012/02) Feb 2012

Good day Mummies! It's Friday and good news for those working mummies ya.. another few hours and you are off for the weekend
happy.gif

My massage lady who have not seen me for 2 weeks commented that my tummy ballooned up suddenly! Haha.. Baby is more active now and giving me more tightness at the tummy thru out the day. Been difficult to sleep at night too. Have to prop 3 pillows up as I have to sleep in sitting position. Sleeping left does not help in my breathlessness and little one tends to kick when I does it
sad.gif
The good thing is, baby is more responsive to my touch and hubby sees more action on my belly.. commented it looks like wobbly jelly when baby is moving around :p

Already start packing the baby drawers and will be starting to wash them in batches soon. Will also pack them in ziplock bags to prevent dust from getting onto them
happy.gif

Heartburn comes on and off but not as bad as before. Only thing now is to eat many small meals so that I feel more comfortable
happy.gif

Purelyz, wow, good for u, so fast milk coming in already. I dun see any yet.

By the way mummies, do we need to buy breast pump now? Or wait till bb come out then see?

Thanks Hazel and Purelyz for the useful advices.

I wlll start washing bb clothes soon, and start packing hospital bag after xmas.
Hee.

Hello mummies,

I went to the carters sale, it's very good if u like carters clothings. $1 per romper. 3 tops or dresses for $10. If I had known then I won't go to BKK oredi! Lol! Alot of same things I bought from bKk I saw here!

GG> I bought my breast pump during sale. I figured if cannot use then sell lor. Better than last min need then send hubby to buy at full price. Waste few hundred bucks.

Stephanie> I've bought pretty much everything I need already! Lol. Me first time mummy too.
happy.gif
have been slowly looking out for sale and good buys. Buy abit abit not so hard on the wallet. 不知不觉 I've almost gotten everything liao! I just started buying the last batch of misc items.. Like bb laundry detergent, cleanser, shampoo, towel. All these can get from shopbug.com or Cheong Choon at Chinatown. After this shld b ready to set up the room and rest at home le.
happy.gif

GG Lee, some said must try it on then know if we like it. But, I dun bother. I just stick to reliable n popular brands like dual pump electric Models, pump in style advanced or free style (is actual hands free). I orders from spree, S$450, free style model, which takes 6-8 wks delivery. So will get in in January.

Re: hospital bag
Some sisters will bring breast pump n sterilizer also. I find too bulky and troublesome, ESP when bb is discharged, we already hv lots to bring bk. If needed, will request for hospital grade pump instead n pay.

Planet, me too! Left with bb cot n beddings. That one will buy in Jan, ask for cot setup in feb! I already cleared space to pack bb stuff n started with washing of clothes by batches.
happy.gif

Purelyz:
I think I agree abt 3rd time mummies having their babies earlier... I just had a friend who had her one and only contraction the day b4 her EDD and she delivered her baby in her living room... Luckily paramedics were there...
My no 1 took a long long time to come out... Induced with tablet 3x and baby finally out abt 48hrs after 1st tablet was inserted... Luckily still managed to do a normal delivery...
Planet:
Where is the carters sale?

Hazel: My cot is set up already. :/ Bought at one of the bb fairs and was "forced" to have it delivered in 2 wks. When shld we set up bedding? 2 wk before Edd? Or when contraction start? Lol. I scared dusty ley. Heh.

Chewie: ya still have alot when I left. They replenish every few hrs. Got toddler clothes too. But not as branded I think. Also 3 for $10. If u wan u shld go tmr early morn, I noticed it got more n more crowded towards afternoon.

The carters sale sounds v good leh! But very far for me though.

I see BP has ready stock freestyle. Thinking whether to buy.

I also set up cot already. Havent started washing clothes, gynae also say can start washing in batches already:p

Planet, no hard n fast rule. Depending on how particular n pantang u r. I plan to set up after bb is born when I m in hospital. Will get some one at home to attend to. The shop told me it only requires 1 day notice.

Done with carters sale! Cheap! Just Rained, so no crowds n not very warm! Bought 9 dresses at $30! ;)

Wow, you ladies are fast!Tomor morning must chion Carters sale, but long way for me from the west to the east :p

Hazel, okie, I try not be itchy finger to press the white ducts but sometimes-it feels itchy.

Planet- I am going BKK week after, can share wif me your good buys? So the carters sale and BKK cost the same?

What brands of baby detergent will u all be using?

pigeon, kodomo or tollyjoy? Tollyjoy being the cheapest n pigeon most expensive..

Liquid or powder is preferred?

Looking to stockup n prepare to wash those baby clothes in batches..

Qing, u just need to buy one bottle n then refill packs if u r using detergent. Latter is cheaper. I bought pigeon powder as less soap sub n wun clog up my washing machine.

Hazel: I tot powder will create clumps on babys clothes if nt washed properly?

Chewie: I guess all baby related items use baby detergent?? Not too sure as well hmm

They r so exp!

qing, aiyoh, how can bb clothes not be washed properly? if u say powder creates crumps if so, isnt that good? at least we know n can re-wash? if is detergent, no signs at all, and wear on bb's skin, isnt it worse? bb will hv rashes / allergy as a result of clothes not washed properly. worse still, if these are hankerchiefs which we may come into contact with bb's mouth?

chewie, bb detergent / powder is only used on cloth materials which bb wears or uses. eg, towels, cloth diapers, clothes, etc.

For other bb stuff that comes into contact with food/milk/mouth, u dun use bb detergent / powder. u used either tollyjoy or pigeon liquid cleanser (made from fruits/veg). Eg, bottle brushes, bb toys, milk bottles, steriliser, breast pump, etc.

Qing, refill packs u can get at china town toiletries shop. Cheap there. I use powder for washing clothes, each time, 1-2 tiny scoops only per instructions. 1 box can use v long leh.

The Cleanser n bb non rinsible shower gel also got refill pack. Each time 1 small drop. Also can use v long.

Jen, YES! Got 12 mths, 18 mths there also! I bought 9 dresses, $30! First pic s for 3 mths, 2nd pic for 6 mths! Was told rompers 1 pc $1. But I nv go see. I m just interested in dresses coz I like my bb to wear dresses when we go out. Rompers I bought enough for casual wear.

U having bb girl or boy?

Thanks Hazel! So mattress cover also use bb detergent right?

I bought the toys n veg cleaner from pigeon. So i use a new sponge for bb things n use like normal kitchen soap right?

I'll rinse the milk bottles then test the philips sterilizer.. But prob in jan lah

Thxthx!!

wow so excited...everyone getting prepared for the arrival of the lil one! :) can feel the mood already!

Im gonna visit gynae later to see our lil girl too! yay!

Hazel: I like the dresses u bot!
So sweet, n they come with matching panties. haha.

I am also getting powder detergent because my washing machine is front load, and powder has lower suds compared to liquid.

Chewie, yes. If u r using sponge to wash bottles pls make sure u dry it in the sun after each use. Dun soak it in water or cleanser. I guess that is the only way u can sterilise a sponge other than sun it dry after each use. I am using brushes for bottles, and needs to be sterilized after each use.

Milk bottles need to be sterilized before use and other each use. Sterilizer, pour hot water inside n sterilise too befoe use. After sterilization, it is only good for 24hrs in air dry. After that, need to re sterilise.

Jen,
If convenient, can help me get 2 packs of Boots milkbags too?

Hazel,
If u intend to join spree to buy Medela Freestyle at $450, you better place order now. Tan Leng Leng posted in her spree thread that the prices will increase from Jan 12 onwards.. You may want to check out her thread...

Re Bottle Cleanser:
I also prefer Tollyjoy to Pigeon. Have been using Tollyjoy for the past 6 yrs.

Bubbliciouslee, I hv already placed order last mth. Will get my breast pump in Jan. Wun be affected by the price increase. Thanks anyway.

Active milk ducts: I also dunno why my milk ducts "activate" faster and faster. I just saw white dots and curious and just squeeze and see. Colourless liq is seen. When I've 1st bb, my milk come late (but its known to be "normal", 2 days after delivery). For my 2nd bb, few hrs aft delivery. But the "myth" abt feeding ur bb immediately after delivery helps a lot.

Setting up bb bed: it's a Chinese belief that it's gd luck to put the bed sheets of the bb bed by grandma or hubby, better not to have mummy-to-be ard. It is said that the bb will jealous?! Haha...

Fast delivery: I also scare I deliver at home. For my 2nd bb, I reach hospital when I'm 7cm dilute and deliver in 1 hr. This time, can't stay home too long le...

Wow, it was a great shopping Saturday for me! Went carter sale, bought a few dresses for 6months n 18months too. Then came back to west side and saw Hush puppies warehouse sale so bought some more for hb n myself! Got some real good quality polo tees for CNY. There's pretty Clothings for children above 3years too if anyone is interested. HP sale at jurong point beside UOB bank.

Bubbliciouslee, ok no prob! 2packs for u n 2 packs for Serene- checked!

Purelyz, I like to follow the belief of Hubby putting the bedsheets for cot bed.
happy.gif
heehee some baby activity for him to do instead of me washing n cleaning alone.
happy.gif

Sharing- try to control weight so control my diet by cutting back tea back end up with bad gastric which cos pain/ cramps end up cannot walk. Check into a&e at kk last night. Thank god bb is good.

Had Macdonald on fri and laksa on sat, suspect is the laksa cos the stomach wind. So mummies eat well. Scare myself cos worried is contraction and early delivery.

Thanks for sharing and take good care Serene!

I went for gynae check up yesterday and estimated weight of baby is 2kg at week31! omg. I have gained total 10 kg now...i better watch what i eat too.
adding in more fruits definitely...

now I can't stand for too long as well. my feet , being already small in size for my height, now gets tired after 15-30min standing.

Hazel, 5 weeks ago , i thk est weight was 1.4kg... Next visit is every 2 weeks liao...gettg nervous man
On the other hand, a few more weeks left to see d lil one!

Sweetcorn, so, one wk is abt 100g, ok wor.. Check with u, is ur bb quiet at times? Did ur gynae ask u to monitor bb movements? I asked my gynae n he said, from 9am-9pm, minimum 10 movements. A bit lenient leh. I read in the book, 10 movements in 2 hrs. My bb is not consistent one, sometimes she moves a lot. Some times she does not move as much. Books say night time bb more active. But not every night she s active leh.. Also, she nv wake me up at night so far.. Maybe coz is a girl n her movements r quite light..

I also getting nervous.... Coz already on the last leg, hopes everything goes smoothly... I hv seen the devil before, so, can't help but feel scared at times...

Hazel, at the rate seems like growing very fast! :-/ yes i went to the antenatal class, they oso use benchmark 10 movements per day but din say from wat time to wat time.

My bb gal moves more in daytime than nite, which i thk prob good, coz it means she sleeps at night rather than wake up middle of night. This sleep habit might continue when she comes out nxt time. She also moves / kick when i change sleep position at night... Normal i guess. Thats when i wake up to toilet..

I also analysed, if i drink tea or coffee or coke that day, more active!! Haaaa caffeine dosage... :)

So dun worry too much ya? :)

I also get rashes on my tummy skin , itchy like mad!! I tried to tolerate sometimes it goes away... Doc say due to sensitivity of skin during preg, ask me not to scratch but use a lot moisturizing cream. He only gav me med for reducing inflamation (the same as those eat for flu or stuck nose)...

Sweetcorn, ya, my gf also told me is bb is v active at night, I better start talking to her, if not when she is born, I will hv sleepless nights ahead! My bb wun wake me up at night too. I m not sure if she moves when I change sleeping positions or that causes me to go toilet. But at times, after going to toilet, when I get bk to sleep, I can feel her move..

I hv dark bumps on my tummy skin, but they r not itchy...

Was just talking to my gf yesterday. Her 3rd pregnancy with twins, her lower back felt Sng Sng n that made her go hospital. She ad no other pains or contractions. After dr checked, found out she had contractions every 6 mins n she was already 4cm dilated! Scary leh, if I were her, I may not even know I need to go hospital already.

She also reminded me to go quickly to hospital if I get any of the delivery signs... She said I may hv a fast delivery process coz of last yr's incident where my cervix is fully dilated within 1.5 hrs when I was induced With only one insert via vagina. The nurse told me usually, it needs 3 inserts over 12 hrs minimum. That freaked me out further.....

Hi MTBs

I would like to recommend my CL who did for me last CNY. She is available wef early Jan 2012 as a MTB had cancel her service due to an unforseen reason.

You need not apply any pass for her as she is holding on to a LT social visit pass in SIN.

She is neat, clean & hygenic and very pro to breastfeed. She cooking are superb and she is not calculative.

She even volunteered in making red eggs and even cooked extra food for my babies 1st month party as the food we ordered was not enough.

Her charges are very reasonable according to the market rate. Is no regrets hiring her as your CN.

I am not getting any commission from her as this would be my second time I willl be hiring her.
I am just sharing my CN with all MTBs in this forum who are looking for a responsible CN.
Lastly, she 'niang' very delicious and sweet rice wine too w/o adding any preservatives...

PM me if you need her contact...

Wishing you a smooth delivery...

my bb more active at night too.. but maybe coz i'm busy working in the day, hence never notice much.

but recently, i notice that while my alarm is ringing in the morning, bb is also moving in my tummy. heehee~

my bb weighs about 1.1 kg at week 28. gynae says she is of medium size.

Hi all, I'm going for my 3D scan later. So excited now.

On milk duct, my nipple is very super dirty now. With all the white thingy around. Also hav 2 white spots on my nipple. Its since I start bf my #1 till now. After I squeeze the white thingy out from the spot, it will grow bk very fast. I also feel lumps at my areola area. Don knw its cos by me stop bf since Ang 2011 so the milk got stuck there cos nvr pump out or its a new batch of milk. Hmm.. shld I try to pump, hahaa.. will check with gynea in Jan.

My bb is 1.3kg at 28wks. DOn knw whether my gynea's estimation is correct cos she say my sis-in-law's bb is 2.9kg only but in the end born at 3.4kg. So scary! Put on 500g in 1wk?? For my case if I wan VBAC, my bb cannot be bigger than #1 leh. Wait she est wrongly, I go delivery naturally, bb very big, then my c-sect wound burst open how. So scary and worried!

Hi mummies, anyone of you sending ur baby to the infant care centre after you all return to work? i tot of asking my mum to take care but i heard there's infant care subsidy from gov.

Back