(2012/02) Feb 2012

Mummies, I don't feel secure not seeing bb for 1 month. Start to have some scary tots and feel tummy not so big today. Dunno if bb growing well inside me. I'm scared.
sad.gif

Elum, good dat u have come to a decision.

Salute mummies who bf v long. Is quite tough. I gave up v early cos chose to rest and sleep more. Only did partial for few months
happy.gif

Hi all I have been a silent reader due feb 2011. I Bf my gal for one
year. It not easy. DETERMINATION is key! At birth I instructed hospital
no fm. Whenever baby cry I latched. However not successful n I feel she
bites thou no teeth. I remember on e night of disharge at 3 am rush back
to hospital cos baby wailing n I could squeeze no milk. N the freestyle
pumps no milk! I Thot pump spoil n want to use hospital pump. I refuse
fm! Next few days I try n I feel so clogged breast yet no milk.
Fustrating! I pay for LC to come my house which cost a bomb! Went also
to hospital LC n spend 5 hours there. My baby weight dropped 25% from
birth weight. The Dr told me to feed FM before baby suffers from hunger.
I got no choice. I sent someone to buy a small tin. I gave her small
feed. Meanwhile my breast got so clog. Painful yet no milk. I even beg
massage lady to come to my house immediate to help unclog. Thou full and
painful, no milk. It took about a week before supply came. But very low.
6ml per 2 hours! Even my gynae felt not right. DETERMINE, I pump 2
hourly. I got no time for anything except holding the pump and bottles.
And each pump takes half hour thou I using medela freestyle dual pump.
Long simulation with lots of fish soup and fenugreek does improve
supply. Parents and hubby support is very impt. They help look after
baby. It does help too with a good maid. She wakes up 2am to help wash
my pump and again at 430 to wash pump. Once supply comes, things get
better. My office does support bf too so could take time off to pump. If
smokers break for cigarettes then why not mummy. Looking back, there are
few things I think does help in successful bf.
1. DETERMINATION - no matter wat other says ignore, do what u think best
for baby
2. Get a good pump - medela freestyle is good and compact.
3. Have 2 sets of bottles and pump kits. I learn this too late. Reason
being getting 2 sets of pump ready and no need wake up to wash middle of
night.
4. When get back to office, a lot of mum stop citing no time. - I pump
in the car while hubby drives. Get the sun screens so that people do not
look in. it saves time so that u can spend more time w baby once reach
home. When go out shopping, time the pump time during travelling time.
5. Support - Tell the people around the benefits of bf.
6. Eat well - You need good food to make good milk.
For this baby I hope to go one year or more. Let's encourage each other
and do what best for little ones

For me I had a CL. Definitely useful as they will do all the stuff, wake up many times middle of night etc. Else like wat butterwaffles say, cant imagine having to wash so many bottles, sterilizer, bath bb etc. By right we not supposed to touch water. Also can't expect my mum or mil to keep waking up do all these and we sleep lor. Somehow they will feel a bit bu shuang after a while. So we chose to pay for a CL. Will get one this round too.

Hi Ladies, I need mums to be for a short 15 mins survey in our office at Beach Centre, near Raffles Hotel by this week. You must not reject or be user of Abbott milk formula, e.g. Similac or Gain IQ for your newborn. Token : $30 NTUC voucher. Interested, kindly sms me your Name, Age and weeks of pregnancy, preference date and time to 97640028. Thanks. Sally

Some say bf will b easier for 2nd bb. Sure hope so! I think I not so resolute as some mummies here. Really pei Fu! Medela freestyle din quite work for me. Some say direct latch still best stimulation. True?

lynn>that sounds like a really difficult journey. glad you manage to bf successfully.
happy.gif

GG>for me, I find it much easier to latch than pump.

Lynn, u r really determine! My 1st few days, Bb partial FM and BM cos my supply is really low. I shld hav continue the cup feeding liek what hospital did. Cos when I reach hm and start bottle, he refuse to latch. This time will stick to cup feed and latch. When u pump in the car u use battery?? If not how to get electricity supply?? Sorry ah, I don knw anything abt cars.

GG Lee, yes, CL is the best help. Even tot it cost a bomb! Lucky I got a CL for my #1 cos I had an emergency c-sect so can't do lots of things. I can only rest, eat and pump. Cos carrying Bb and walk will feel painful. Can instruct CL to do things for us (actually they will auto do cos they knw we can't touch water), they cook confinement food, do nite feeds, help to wash the toilet and mop the floor etc... We mummies really need a gd rest for a healthy body to take care of Bb after the confinement.
I still did some taking care of Bb esp at nite when he cry I will wake up to see. I help to change diaper etc cos my Mum and MIL say I very lazy and throw all job to CL. I also din eat well. My health is badly affected. I got cough and flu almost every mth and it took mths to recover. In fact not fully recover and comes again. I'm still coughing now. I will to eat more "pu" and rest more this time round.

GG, direct latch also did not work for me. I bought medela PIS which the sales person say its good for mummies like us cos the suction is better.

I can see all my colleagues who r 2nd time mummies really bf better for #2. Supply is more and flow better.

Lets pray hard for an easier bf journey for all of us.

Hi ladies, am back from gynae. I still dunno gender
sad.gif
Baby was cross legged, but gynae cannot see p nor 3 lines! In a bit of a fix as we have booked our shopping trip for mid Sep... Colors-wise I can choose neutral colors. But if know girl, can buy Hello Kitty, pretty dresses! If boy, buy shirts etc. Am deciding if should go to Dr Ananda or back to my gynae in 3 weeks. Any suggestions?

jascmy>think lynn mentioned she uses the freestyle. freestyle can just run from the battery so no need power supply. v useful cos don't need to bother with the plug when pumping. just need to recharge every few weeks.

chewie>I think can wait lah. just buy neutral colors. can pass down the clothes to your #2 who might b different sex too mah

LSnTYL, my PIS can also run by battery but I worried that the suction might not be strong enough if we use battery.

chewie, I guess your bb is a gal. Cos usually gals very shy, will hide by crossing leg.

jascmy>I can't comment for the PIS as I've never used it but I found no diff between the suction for the freestyle when using battery n power supply

eh, boys can also be naughty n hide their penis wor. My aunt thought she was having a girl cos scans said so but when come out was a boy. :eek:

Hi mummies to be, have you all find anyone masseur to come to ur hse for the wrapping and masage? Anyone has any good recommendation?? When should we book them? When should we book our confinement lady too?

babyfaery, CL better book soon... the highly recommended ones might get snapped up already. There is a CL thread around. Saw my sec sch friend recommending a CL and put up her FB. You can PM me if need

For masseuse, I also contacted already. Where do you live? She lives in Woodlands. Highly rec by my friend. My friend's very slim lah, so must be effective.

lsntyl, jascmy, I also think girl. But wanna confirm, chop! Haha... I'll make appt with Dr A for mid Sep later today
happy.gif

babyfaery>better book both asap. the malay massage lady for my #1 is only so-so otherwise, can recommend. I'm not planning on getting both so didn't book.

chewie>wah, the scan cost $380 leh. u spending that just to find out if bb is boy or girl?

Morning mummies.

Haven't been able to login for the past days.
My merlion-ing is back again.. Boo hoo!! Terrible. Eat and puke within the next 2 hrs.

Jen, no worries. I saw your postings, ginger red dates tea!
happy.gif

Re :pumps. I was using Medela freestyle pump, which is light n easy to carry about. If i remember correctly some hospital allow you to try the pumps they have during the first days of birth. Prob then you can decide to buy, as most mummies will likely to be latching the babies initially.

Re: CL and masseuse
Yes, better to book CL fast if you know of any that are good. Masseuse gotta depends on their reputations if they are very very good. Some of my frds use the same masseuse that is highly recoomended, but she is always fully book de. What I encounter is that the masseuse usually got a khakis group and they work for specific areas cos they dun wana spend long travelling hours too.

Chewie, can pm me your massage lady. Malay? My last one so so. And she makes v funny sound during massage!

Freestyle din quite work for me. I guess must really establish supply first and do more direct latch. My milk only came in around 2 days. Din even see colostrum initially. Some mummies last few weeks b4 birth already have. This round was thinking get PIS, heard suction better but scared waste money again. How about avent manual pump huh?? Is it good?

Chewie, can pm me your massage lady. Malay? My last one so so. And she makes v funny sound during massage!

Freestyle din quite work for me. I guess must really establish supply first and do more direct latch. My milk only came in around 2 days. Din even see colostrum initially. Some mummies last few weeks b4 birth already have. This round was thinking get PIS, heard suction better but scared waste money again. How about avent manual pump huh?? Is it good?

lsntyl, pre-natal and maternity covered by company benefits
happy.gif
also to see baby before trip. else will be 5 weeks break din see baby. i will get paranoid...

by the way, anyone knows how much is the avent philips sterilizer? trying to see if worth it to lug back from overseas!

GG>hee, my massage lady oso keep burping during the massage. she said its the wind from me coming out through her. heard its quite common ar.

I had the avent manual pumps. hated it. found it v hard to use.

chewie>wah, your company v good benefits! I can only claim $10 per visit lor.

think the sterilizer is $100+. I think for such products buy in SG better cos got warranty n no need to worry about electrical voltage, etc

Teong: me too, still puking although not as bad as previously already. DH said must be a girl haha...

babyfaery: I'm using my #1 massage lady. Actually to me most massage ladies are the same, what they can do is to help u get rid of wind and water retention, and also help ur womb shrink faster. If tummy is big because of fat, there's not much they can do. Also, some mummies also can't take it and take off the tummy binding cloth too early, that's why not effective. If you want I can pass u my massage lady's contact, but I wouldn't guarantee result, cuz it also depends on the mummy's body itself.

GG: I used to use the avent pump. Not bad, suction was strong but still quite gentle on the niples, but battery din last
long, so I'm using freestyle this time.

chewie: I dun think it's worth it to lug the sterilizer all the way back from overseas leh... Most ex one is abt 200, not worth the effort IMO.

Thanks mummies. So it seems many massage ladies also burp and burp. I find it very odd lor, like v fake cos somehow how can the air transfer to them...machiam like kungfu show transfer wu gong! My hubby had to control his laughing in the study when he heard the sound. I am one of those who not v guai, take out the cloth by end of day. Very smelly and hot la! The whole room full of the smell.

Chewie, if u going UK, I believe avent is cheaper there. So if you dun mind lugging, may be worth it to buy baby products including avent bottles etc. Their bb clark shoes also v cheap. My bro used to buy when he travels there last time.

Chewie: Ur friend already slim in first place or really slimmed down a lot.. Haha.. I live in Bishan area..

Usually do we need to give deposit for the CL first??

Hi mummies,

Talk abt massage, would like to know more..

Do it on our bed?
With oil?
Will it be messy/dirty/smell?
Average charge?
How many times we need to do?

Hi mummies,

Talk abt massage, would like to know more..

Do it on our bed?
With oil, herbs?
Will it be messy/dirty/smell?
Average charge?
How many times we need to do?

pinkz, i have the same questions. My friend said her masseuse is by package and she did for about a week continuously. everyday need to wrap something

babefaery, my CL is not agency and still asked for deposit of $300! i gave lor... i din know her before she was preg, so i dunno if she was fat? but she said v effective
happy.gif
i also live bishan area!

NC, lsntyl, yea i think sterilizer will get from local. will lug the medela back!!

pinkz> normally take 5 times massage, cannot do in bed cos oily, they use herd oil will make your bed oily too...back n front also massage.
Last time i put a yago mat on th floor for massage. charges abt S$50-70 ba

SURVEYEES NEEDED URGENTLY!
Looking for:
1) Pregnant women from age 18 to 40, stage of pregnancy is 13 to 36 weeks,Singaporean or PRs, Chinese, Malays and Indians.
2) Mothers who is feeding their infants from 0 to 12 months old using infant formula brands currently.
Incentive reward: $30 NTUC Voucher Interested, pls reply:-
Group : 1 or 2
Name :
Hp no :
Mother Age:
Brand consume :
Baby age :
Pregnancy stage in weeks :
SMS to 94311188 or Email to [email protected] by 25/8/11.
Thanks

Hello Everyone!!!

Just came back from gynae! Baby super co-operative and we could see that it's a girl! =) =) =)

Doc said shld be 90% accurate. The last 10% is to buffer because I am only 15 weeks, consider abit early to confirm gender, and also we did see a very small white speck... so still got a small question mark. =D

Excited!!

Anyone knows the rate for engaging a nanny? I think I need to engage a nanny to look after when I'm back to work.

Also any good masseuse to intro? Need to start booking now? Pls pm me some contacts if u have them ...

Cheers

chewie>lug medela back worth it. u going USA?

pinkz>Do it on our bed? yes. but I spread one of those picnic mats and a beach tower on top of it. i find painful to lie on floor cos of stitches down there
With oil, herbs? my massage lady used her own oil.
Will it be messy/dirty/smell? the oil got smell lor. not messy or dirty cos almost all absorb into skin. just need to wash the tower for me
Average charge? I think mine was $70 per session. can't quite remember
How many times we need to do? had to do everyday for 7 days. is a set package.

planet>congrats on your gal!
happy.gif

Thanks all
happy.gif

Then when to start massage? During confinement or after?

Anyone do outside? As in go to those massage place?

pinkz: can choose 7 sessions or 10 sessions, rate abt 50-75 depending on how popular ur massuer is. It's not messy, you might feel a bit oily esp if you dun bathe during confinement, and ur tummy might feel v itchy during the binding lor. For me the stitches not painful but breasts v painful when lying face down to let her massage my back.

planet: congratz! Look like ur the first one to confirm gender leh!
Nana: nanny can go from 600-1000. my colleague get hers for 600 excluding food.

I'm still wondering whether I shld do massage. Seems like most of my friends and me don benefit from it at all. Esp me, fat means fat, can't lost de. Or is it my massage lady not good??

Jacsmy: like I said you cannot lose the fat by massage one, only can get rid of wind and water retention lor. But IMO still a good to have lah.

pinkz>if you deliver naturally, best is to do it asap. normally start 3-4 days after birth. But if you are c-sect, need to wait a while for wound to heal first.

chewie>which part of the US? enjoy yourself!
happy.gif

jascmy>I found my massage lady v helpful in getting rid of my water retention. My feet were v swollen with that after birth but after just 2 massages with her, it reduced a lot. this time my hubby has to massage me. but he donno how to bind me so I can escape that. :p

Thanks chewie, LsnTYL, NC!

Btw I need recommendation for the malay massager person also please! Anyone can share their contact if they had good experience?

NC and LSnTYL, Ok, I think I will go for the massage if I can have a natural delivery. Another reason for not able to lost weight is bcos my massage lady don dare to massage my tummy and wrap me cos of my c-sect. I did it at the final week of confinement and she still do not dare to do on tummy area.
LSnTYL, can let me have your massage lady's contact?

jascmy>paiseh, I del her contact le. cos find her so-so nia although she did help with my water retention n wind. oso not hiring one this time round so just del her contact a few weeks ago actually.

Planet, congrats on your princess! It's gonna be lots n lots of shoppings for you
happy.gif

Pinkz, I put on those single mattress that can b brought from Pasar Malam. Heehee.. anyway, the massage oil will stain the mattress sheet. My masseuse usually brings an extra pce of cloth which is big enough to cover the mattress when she does the massaging.

NC, my merlion-ing is yo-yo-ing, sometimes good sometimes bad. i'm hitting into my 14wks soon, my gynae tells me it should ease off by wk15. I'm really praying lor.

Chewie & NC: can send me ur masseuse contacts too!! Me oso looking for the malay masseuse.

Planet: congrats on ur scanning!!! 

Back