(2012/02) Feb 2012

Nc, haha, hubby trim toes nail for u, so cute... Must tell my hubby to prepare.. But I dun really trust him leh.. But if can't do then no choice.

my hubby help me cut my toe nails when I was in 3rd trimester. cos v hard to bend down. tink quite common unless u can afford to go pedi all the time?

Planet, my gynae recommend to drink those mother's milk one glass per day is sufficient as they also add some sugar in the milk powder. I prefer to drink fresh milk, dun need to worry about sugar level as I think most gynae will do a blood test on 2nd/3rd tri to check sugar level in the blood.

Pinkz, same I get my hb to pay for my pedi! haha.. still have paint nice nice also mah. :p

HI everyone... been super busy with marking of exam scripts. been silently reading the posts only. Had my scan last friday, Dr said ' boyish'
the last time he told my fren hers was 'boyish' it turned out to be a girl. so, i stil have no conclusion if mine is boy or girl. sad...

Hi Serene, don't be sad. Your baby is playing hide & seek with you la. So long baby is healthy is most impt. Cheer up!
happy.gif

Hi mummies, can i ask a stupid question? You know when we do ultrasound, on the tv usually we see the baby's head on the left and legs on the right.. is that a mirror image or opposite? i.e. Is my baby's head on my left or right?

And do they switch to sleeping in the other direction?

Planet, I asked my gynae same qn yesterday. If I m looking at the monitor, head on left n legs on right. Is the same as head on our left side and legs on right side.

I'm so pissed off with my boss till I feel super hungry now. Just had an argument with her. Hungry sickness again. Keep vomit air. Looking for food now.

Thanks Hazel! I kept forgetting to ask my gynae. Always too excited to see the baby. Heh.

Jascmy> Breathe! Zen! Keep your mood good. Don't be angry with pple who are not worth it. =) Enjoy your dinner!

Babymaking, dr Loh changes my edd yesterday by pushing 2 days later from the original one. He said "final date". No more change. Weird right?

Teoong, thanks.. just cant shop yet..
disappointed cos US will be having sale next weekend, then i cant buy online from Carters and Osh Gosh yet.
sad.gif
super cheap then

I had csec and my massage was 2 weeks after it. The massage did not help in losing weight but it really improved my blood circulation n i had more energy. I had a 10-day jamu massage package. Its good. I put on ard 13kg for my #1. Lost all the weight by the time my boy turned 6mths old then lost even more becos v tired n not enuf sleep while looking after my boy. I didnt bf but only expressed for a month. I aldy lost most of the weight i put on on my boy's full month. Husband's frens whom i nv met before thought i was a fren or relative, ask me y nv see the baby's mum around. But i had a hard time during confinement. Nv really rest. So i feel all the talk about bf-ing will aid in weight loss, do massage etc, i think it all depends. Its mostly the genes i think. And for sure if u r v sleep deprived, u will lose weight. Cos u rather zzzz than eat. And mums who bf actually have to eat n drink more. I would say the 6 months post delivery is the most crucial. But fret not ladies....it takes us 9mths to pile on the weight. Cut urself some slack
happy.gif
when ur kids start running u will gain the muscle back n lose weight for sure ^^

Read up some reviews online regarding the massage, some oso do prenatal massage, any mummies did tat b4? I dunno whether to book for tat as well, heard is good if we having water retention, backache and is relaxing.

serene: will have more sales in the future. But also fingers v itchy right? I had my fren buy from the states and bring back for me, all the brands so cheap! After 1yo can even get CK, Zara, Ralph Lauren at super cheap price. Ok my fingers getting itchy again. But still dunno the gender of this baby leh...

butterwaffles: did you lose too much weight? Must take care k. I felt that partly why this pregnancy more difficult for me is because my body is not as strong as before after my first child. So must take care of your health hor.

jascmy: felt better already?

NC: yah, for my #1, he is a US-clothed kid and all books are from London.
Everything is from Carters, Osh Gosh and Polo Raphl. SO much cheaper. imagine 1 set of tee and shorts only at $3.99. where to find in sg... Now must wait to know gender for bb then can do shopping spree again. Wanna buy CNY clothes at the same time for #1. Cant wait...
I spent bout $400 buying all kinds of books for him. Can last him til Primary school. dirt cheap even with shipping. COs i overdid it, means no more buying of books for the next few years. cant shop for books.
only shopping chance is shop for clothes...
happy.gif

NC, agree. Mus really take care and take more "pu" during confinement. I'm also not as strong as my first child. Coughing for months liao and can't recover.
Not feeling better loh. Early morning got an email shot down by that boss. So angry. Seems like saying its my fault for not going for the company workplan seminar in Vietnam. I can't find anyone to take care of my boy leh and I'm pregnant now. How to go!!!!
Butterwaffles, maybe u wan to get a confinement lady this time??

Oh ya, jus wan to let the mummies who decided to put their Bbs into the Infantcare (ifc), you have to call and reserve a place either in their registration or the waiting list. For my experience, all ifc are very full and waiting list super long. Mus start looking for ifc now.
I jus reserved a place for my #2 at my #1's ifc this morning.
happy.gif

Things to do tonite:
1) call and book confinement lady
2) call and book massage lady
3) call to book a new part-time maid
4) look for ifc now and call them up (for those who wan to put bb in ifc)

serene: wah u even buy book ah? Where to buy can share share? I overspent on clothes, when my hb saw the pile of clothes he almost fainted haha.

So happy going to knock off soon! I love elections!

Hmm infantcare better or nanny better? I oso need one, no one helps me to look after.. Any nanny to recommend around Bishan area?? Haiz..

babyfaery, personally I prefer ifc cos the teacher are professionals. And bbs can learn to interact (social skills). They also already have all the equipments (cot, highchair, tub, rocker, etc)and toys ready. For nanny, you have to buy the equipments and toys for them.
But the bbs in ifc fall sick very easily. Thats normal. Even the doctors (GP or PD )told me that My boy fall sick every month. Lucky he recover very fast.

Hi Jascmy, you got lobang for part-time maid? Can pm me the contact? I'm searching for part-time help cause getting slower with house chores and hubby is super lazy couch potatoe.

Boss wise, maybe you can try my method next time. My boss also cannot accept rejection to co. function/meeting/trips, so used to get it from her too, now I know how to avoid. I simply take leave and she will close 1 eye. I thinks it’s the boss's dilemma to excuse 1 staff for whatever reasons cause the rest will talk but on the contrary, its easier for boss to say staff on leave so someone takes over loh. Very office politics lah.

Jascmy, ur vietnam trip is easy to resolve. Just ask from your gynae to give u a memo saying u should not be traveling.
happy.gif

Jen, good idea hor. Next time will use your method. She really very unhappy abt me getting someone to replace me.
My PT maid list at home. Where u stay? I stay in sembawang. Will let u have it next week can? Cos I'm going on leave whole of next week. Only back in office on 1 sep only (1 day). When at home I don surf net de cos no time.

Babyfaery, there are 2 ifc newly opened at midview city. It's near ai tong. U can check it out. The childcarelink.gov.sg site is also good for finding ifc near your place. I initially thought of putting baby there but hubby has reservations. Maybe when baby is bigger

Hazel, hahaa.... another good idea. But hor, I wish I can go leh. I nvr been to vietnam. Now can go for free leh. But hubby don allow cos no one help take care of my #1. Haiz...

Jascmy, u r not missing much from not going Vietnam. A place similar to china, bicycles everywhere on The road! Bad traffic & polluted air :p

Hi Mummies,

Hmm.. i got something to ask u all..
Monday i bring my MIL go see doc, becos due to some reason i hv no choice to carry my newphew.. and after tat at night i feel pain, so i went to GP and see doc, was on MC for 2 days..

I didnt check with gynae becos my appt is this coming Monday. but i got doppler. i listen to baby heartbeat. is 156 to 161... should be ok de right if can detect baby heartbeat?

Those who are preggie with #1, go get more sleep, more outings with friends, more couple gai gai time and more "me" time. If can, go for 2nd honeymoon with hubby now!!! Cos when Bb born, all this will be gone. No more freedom until they are older.

YanYan, don worry. I carry my #1 everyday. Sometime I do feel pain but after a while ok liao. So far I;m ok loh. When u have #1, you sure have to carry even when u r pregnant, no choice.

Whole office so quiet cos 90% of the ppl went for election liao. Lucky I no need go. I want to sleep liao. Hope this thread won't be so quiet too.

Jascmy: I live in Jurong West, a lot of the local aunties working for my friends don't want to come when they hear Jurong, say too far. Sigh.. No prob, you pm me when you are back next week lah.
Your co. works for election, huh? just curious, for which president nominee?

LSnTYL, y your company only she involve in election?? My side 90% of my department involve. Including my bosses. My supervisor request not to work for election cos it her birthday tmr. So she is still around. I still have to be a gd gal now.

Jen, I'm working in statutory board, so some of my colleagues are selected to work for the election if not enough civil servants staying the that area. Lucky my area that I stay last time (chua chu kang) full of civil servants so I'm not selected. Hahaa....
Hope sembawang also have lots of civil servants and don call me hor.

jen>think both jascmy n I are in civil service. a lot of colleagues away cos need to get the election locations ready for the elections 2moro

yes, my boss is oso on election duty

jascmy>no lah. my side quite a lot involved in election. today office quite empty. but when boss around always more noisy.

Jen, I love marriott's buffet. Buying the coupons now. Planning to go on my hubby's bday. Hehee... Thanks for sharing.

Oh, didn't know civil servants get call up too, thought only school teachers and police do.
happy.gif
If you get chosen, take Hazel's medical memo solution, sure work.

Back