(2012/02) Feb 2012

Congrats to all the mummies who popped! This thread is movin very fast!
happy.gif
can't sleep at this hour.... So strange.... Wonder who is up :p

Iceyclaw, sorry to hear of your bad experience at glenE.. They should really provide better service! And $10k wow... Mabe u get the office to explain the charges? A lil too kua zhang rights... The charges sounds a lil bogus.

Orange roses, we have te same Edd! How are u feeling right now? My next gyne appointment is wed, can't wait to know the weight of my baby. During my last appointment she's only 2.5kg alto gyne says full term and healthy it's ok but I'm still hoping for a 3kg babe. Need to pump up on food!

Xia,
I tink low dose on epi. Jus enough numb on leg but can my toes, move my legs etc. i saw still alot of epi left when delivered. N this #2 i can move myself to another bed after delivered. During #1, i had to be carried by e nurses.. Good enough for me to remember the 'feeling' of childbirth.

orangeroses, I will try not to take epi too. But after the Baxton hit experience last week, I think my chances of taking epi very high. Hahaa.... EVen practice contractions I cannot take it, real one worst loh. It reminds me of the real pain now. Hope I can go thru without epi. My bb is 2.3kg at 35wks. Next checkup will be tis Thur at 37wks. This few days my appetite very good, hope bb won't put on too much weight. I hope my #1 can be more independent leh. Worried next time hav to train both to sleep in their rm together, will faint! Got gd and bad points lah. Also worried he will don like di di next time.

Sleep training, See improvements cos he is wiling to sleep on his new bed now but he still wan us to stay with him till he fall asleep then we can go do our things. But yesterday he went to my MIL hse to stay till tis fri cos hubby going business trip again. So when he back hm again tis fri hav to re-train him again. Sian! Keep telling my bb to come out only after gor gor is well train. We hope #1 to come out asap, but #2 we wan him to take his own sweet time. Hahaa...

zeal: I am feeling quite good actually! My #1 was really heavy, was 3.5 at birth. This time is a girl, so smaller, last week's check showed about 2.8-2.9kg which works well for me! Am already on leave from work starting today so I'm going to enjoy myself! haha! 2.5kg sounds really ok! as long healthy can already, small babies easier to come out i think!

oops: I know what you mean! I am also worried next time after my CL goes back and #2 sleeps in the same room, she will wake kor kor up. 2 cranky children at night does not spell good! Esp when we have to go back to work. Wah. I can imagine when your hub goes on business trips next time it'll be tiring. do u have a helper? or someone at home to help? me and my husband go solo, daytime when we're working #1 is at the nanny's.

orangeroses, yup, I don wan them to wake each other up at nite. I don hav helper. Hubby and me also solo. Worst is my hubby hav to travel are least once a mth. Pray heard I can handle both on my own esp when I'm back to work.

I do hav a part-time maid staying jus next blk. So far her 2nd day work was good. She say she helped to look after kids too and she tried to bond with my #1 when she is here. So if hubby travel and I can't handle, I can called her to come. Hav to pay to get things done nicely, no choice.

I can't remembered the hospital bill. Hubby say total is $7000+. We paid a $2000 cash deposit and still able to get back $100+ cash from the deposit. He paid for it so remembered. So cash shld be $1000+ only bah. but how it adds up to $7000+?? I also don know. I don care on tis part cos I told my hubby, I pay for my body and health to carry the bb in me and delivery while he pay for the cash. Hehee...

orangeoses, oh ya, my #1 in ifc now. He will be promoted to PG on 1 March. Don knw how to bring both home on my own on raining days loh. I hav to walk 15mins home from sch. If take bus also difficult to board the bus with 2 kids and all the barang.

I need advice on latch on, so we do hav to pump out the balance after latch hor. Really worried next feed don hav enough leh. Like my #1, he is a big eater for his 1st mth. He can cry for milk every hr. Tat time I pump out the milk and bottle feed cos he don wan to latch. Hope to be able to latch tis time.

Is there anything we can do now to prepare for bf or get better supply? I seem to be feeling some lumps, are these blocked ducts?

Icyclaw: yr bill looks a bit funny. Shd ask the office to explain in details. Like a lot of extra things which dunno for what.... Funny also why pd charges so high? $300 per day? Is this std for all? Is the 6th floor the ward with carpeted floor? Yup wil take yr advice to ask the nurses to do most stuff together all at once after certain timing. Thks for yr advice! Hope my stay won't be horrendous like yours eh... 3 more days to countdown for me.....

Natbaby - oooooooo did u still puke after everything finish? Given a re-run would u up the dosage? Is the pain bearable?

Hazel - ouch!!! Btw how's bb liao? U feeling better?

Opps - unless bb eat alot and v efficient at removing milk from both sides every feeding if not I tink still nid to pump out excess for the 1st month at least to establish supply. Tink of it like how u build supply with #1 but now is with the aid of bb instead of purely with a pump. My fren did try to not pump but she ended up with mastitis.

GG - try to massage the lumps. Mite b body preparing to make BM. =)

Evon, for my #1 I induced at 8am plus. Go bac home to wait. Went bac to doc at 2pm plus. Still irregular contractions. Doc say can admit and put on drip to spd up process. I went to eat first. Admitted at abt 4pm plus. 6pm plus doc came to break waterbag. Took epi at 9pm. BB popped at 0002hrs.

hi mummies! Long time no log-in already as was busy doing hand-over. Today is the start of my ML... so happy!

Congrats to all mums and dads with newborns!

Had my last gynae check last Fri. Bb is 3.15kg and i'm 1.5cm dilated. Gyane predicted I may give birth before this Thu. *Keeping my fingers crossed*

Would like to check, other than regular contractions, the show and waterbag breaking, are there any symptoms that signals the start of labour? And for the contractions, it will start from the top of the abdomen?
My #1 was induced, so never get to experience the natural way...

Evon, for my #1, i had 2 pills inserted, one at 12am++ and one at 9am++. Waterbag was broken at 2pm++ and my labour was until the next day 6am++. So, 14hrs for induction and 14hrs for labour. It all really depends on how fast your cervix dilate.

oops: Ya, better to pump after latching - esp if you feel your baby didn't empty your breasts. It stimulates your breast to make additional as well. Empty breasts are a sign for it to produce more - it could be possible for 1 or 2 days your baby will feed more vigorously - but your breasts wil supply more after the initial period so they will have enough. Keep letting them latch. Initially it is very normal to latch almost every 1-1.5 hours cos the water content is very high and BM is very easily digestible (so less 'wind'). But amazingly as they grow older the milk changes as well to have more 'cream'. If you store it you will know what I mean - you literally have 'cream' at the top and those fats will last them longer, so they won't have to eat so often.
happy.gif
All the best to us! I'm nearly 39 weeks liao, twiddling my thumbs wondering when she'll be out.

Hi mummies!!

Really happy for those who have popped!! Congrats to all the mummies!!!

Edd was 18 Feb but last check up gynae said might be this week cos bb alr engaged n I'm 1cm dilated. Now walking is kinda painful and I was adviced not to walk too much as it will bring fwd the delivery. But I'm experiencing contractions only at nite now. So hubby gets a little uptight every night. Hahaha.. But is it a sign that I'm popping soon?

Hi MIch: It might be, you'll never know! Once the contractions get 5 mins apart (i.e. you can't get rid of them even if you switch positions) then you know it's time to go to the hospital! Which one are you going to deliver at?

Orangeroses - delivering at kkh. seems like not many mummies delivering there. Tmc seems more popular here. Haha.. How abt u?

ya I'm delivering at TMC too! My gynae's there so no choice la, got to go there.
happy.gif
I'm having aching pelvic bones now hopefully it's a sign tt I will deliver soon! My #1 was born 39 weeks 4 days and my gynae said 2nd one sld be about the same time, just that labour is faster

Xia,
Actually i dunno if i will choose to up e dose anot. Cos got pros n cons. At least i dun have much side effects this round. Only a little shiver. So appetite very gd after birth, eat n drink alot. No vomit n can walk almost immediately after birth.

Natbaby: congrats on your dragon baby!

Seems like a few mummies have started leave today.
happy.gif
Me too! Starting tomorrow, today was a horrendous day to get by wif boss asking last min task to finish, only manage to go off at 9pm.
sad.gif
but feeling real relieved now that I don have to wake up early to squeeze into MRT or worrying people will punch my tummy. :p the feeling of anticipation is just so nice, at my 39weeks now- 7 days more to go! So excited!

Xia, I kept shivering during the induce process.. Vomited a few times after delivery n epi was off coz I drank some water during labour process. Other than that no other side effects do far..

chewie, I pump and bottle feed EBM exclusively for my #1. The only problem is lost of some nutrients in the process of storing and warming up. Taking direct from breast bb will get better nutrients. And also more troublesome to wash and sterilized all the items. But since I'm used to it, I'm ok with it.

Orangeroses, jia you! Do share your birth stories after you deliver. As I hav the experience of #1 lost weight from slightly overweight (exclusively pump and bottle feed) on 1st mth to slightly underweight on the 2nd mth on my hands after CL left (he finally wiling to fully latch on), I'm very worried abt it happening again tis time again.

Btw, I do feel engorgement and nipple super dirty with white thingy now. But when I squeeze, no milk out leh. Hope tis are signs that my supply will come in very fast.

Also feel super warm now. Everyday sweat till face and hair look very oily. Haiz. But I hope bb will stay inside tummy longer. I wan to enjoy the movements in tummy more now cos won't hav such chance again.

thks hazel.
doc suggest to go induce tml since its 40wk. nw began to worry.. wonder hw long my labour will end.
#1 took 8hrs. #2...........

Have some blood spotting this morning!! Very worried now... Tomorrow i will be Week 39 ... How .. Should I go to the hospital now? Gyne says to wait for a bit for signs...

Zeal - If you're unsure, call the hospital to check. Better be safe. If wait for more signs, u might panic and lose calm. I went to hospital when i was experiencing contractions for #1 but nurse actually told me i can go home and wait. But i told them i rather wait in the hospital cos i dun want last min surprises.

Orangerose - my #1 was born exactly 40weeks. Now i'm only 38weeks and BB hasn't reached my targeted 3kg yet. So i'm a bit reluctant to let her come out now. hehehe...

opps,
gynae didnt say wait n i oso didnt ask. Anyway im tired of waiting. Im oso afraid bb will get bigger n bigger, difficult for natural.

Chewie, we shld start pumping or latch bb on within 6 hrs after delivery.. I didn't do that coz bb was in NICU & I didn't bring my pump! Like what Opps shared, pumping already of washing n sterilizing to do.. N need to pump every 3 hrs to build up the supply... But giving EBM, we know how much bb drinks... I did try to latch her on after she came home... But I can't satisfy her... So she will cry after 20 mins or so..

I m taking fenugreek & domperidone (given by my gynae) to increase milk supply... Slowly, it will take time.. Nw, each pump, I get 30-40ml.. Better than the initial days.., friends told me got to be patience...

chewie, I used medela PIS. Very good for mummies like me where need more force for the milk to come out. Maybe tats also the reason y #1 don wan to latch cos need more effort to suck.

My supply problem is once I drop the number of pumps per day, my supply will drop the next day. Eg. as my #1 sleep thru the nite when he is 3mths old and I went bk to work tat time, I cut the nite pumps. Thinking tat no need nite feed means no latch on (for latch on mums)which equal no pump. My supply drop by 20mls 2 days later. Meaning every pump I will pump 20ml lesser. I think latch on won't have such problems rite. If no nite feeds then the mum can also sleep thru together and still hav enough supply or will even increase according to the demand of the bb. Humans are really incredible, our breast able to even recognize human suck and machine pump. So far this is what happened to me and my friends who fully pump. So if choose to pump, mus be very hardworking to pump every 3hrs.

Tats also the reason y I wan to save my ML for bf. Cos once bk to work, we will be super tired to wake up at nite to pump and can't pump every 3hrs in office. Supply will sure drop after cutting down no. of pumps.

Hazel and mich, u can increase supply naturally by eating more fish, papaya, oat, soya bean milk, milo, red date tea and more water. Tats what I did.

Yup, feeding EBM will knw how much bb drink and they will confirmed be full after each feed. While latching on we do not know how much. But for the nutrients of the milk, I will try to latch again for #2. I'm very confident I can latch well now as compare to previously where I don know how to hold bb and latch him on. Jus hope he will be a gd sucker and I hav gd supply.

chewie: do u know the reason ur bb is latching poorly? Maybe now take a break and pump till ur nipples toughen up a bit then try again? But be careful abt engorgement, cuz usually for 1st time mummies, exclusive pumping might make u feel engorged now and then esp when milk supply start to build up. If u feel the engorgement coming can try let bb latch on, usually is quite effective.

Rgd pump, think quite a lot of us using medela? Me using
medela freestyle.

The initial stage is hard bah. Jia you k soon it will be easier.

Opps, I hv been eating fish 2 meals daily, drink fish n papaya soup daily & 2-3 liters of red date drink n milk... Guess slowly supply will come....

Cherie, I use medela free style.. But like what Opps shared, I also feel that PIA is more powerful n has more suction than freestyle... Just that the latter has more parts to wash & sterilise! Kekeke...

Oops: not true leh! Even for latching mummies like me, if dun latch as frequently supply will also drop! But less dramatic for me cuz my bb always suck until dry every time he latch, but still supply sure drop. I only had enough to feed him cuz I started building up storage during ML.

Morning everyone! Beginning of my leave, must really appreciate the sleep I get from this week. Think after baby is born, I won't have such luxury liao.

My edd is next Tues, isit too early if I start sterilising my pump items and baby milk bottles today? My pump items are the only things that have not gone into the hospital bag yet, cause wanted to sterilise them first. Advice anyone?

Evon, I'm like you, worried too about induce, but lucky I spoke to gynae and he is very supportive on natural birth, so he said he can wait wif me since baby is healthy and amiotic fluid is still high level. What is your baby estimated weight now?

And PIS is very heavy. Hav to carry to work everyday leh. So I push a small luggage bag to office everyday. Colleagues say I'm a air stewardess. haha...

Jus remembered one more problem for pump exclusively. No freedom. Cos u hav to pump every 3hrs, when u are outside, u hav to find a place to pump when times up and need to wash up after that. As for me, I will try to limit my outings to less than 3hrs. If latch on, we can be outside for longer time and jus latch on anywhere with the bf shawl covering.

I'm thinking of bringing my stand-by FM to hospital. Does it sound very silly??? cos i believe BB wun be able to finish the bottle of FM given by hospital. Feel so wasted. Like the case of my #1, he only take a bit from each bottle FM in hospital.

Mommies who pump bm, does ur nipples still feel sore after pumping? Mine did. And for one side, my nipples are much larger than the other. I don't know what's the problem. Used to use ameda but after a short while can no longer pump milk out. So I change to avent manual pump and the milk flows again. Problem is the nipple. And sometimes even the areola area hurts(maybe I press in too hard during pumping).

Back