(2012/01) Jan 2012

thanks kelly and jowinbaby
happy.gif

today i am soooooo tired.. no mood to work
sad.gif

Hi mommies, there are 6 ratios in the sheet that they will return to you (three each for trisomy 21 and trisomy 18). Yes, the higher the better, I think risk of down syndrome is considered high for 1:250 for trisomy 21 (checking off the one with the highest ratio). I specifically asked for that when the nurse called with the results & mine was 1:11,000 for #1 & went down to 1:5700 for #2 mainly cos of the age factor I guess.

Anyway, as long as they call & say risk is low, it should be fine.
happy.gif
The gyne should explain & return the test results at the next appnt.

Thanks cheerbear and Valteen.

MayC, i m not sure why my figures are in hundreds. My #1 is in thousands. I called back to double check with the nurse, she said confirm is at 538 and the bench mark at 300. I was shock to hear 538 from my HB cos i missed the nurse's phonecall and they called my HB to inform. I thought my HB miss out a zero at the back. LOL..

I must look at my report at the next appt visit.

Hi to All mummies!

My 1st posting which i happened to stumble to this board.

expecting my first at ard 14 weeks now.. Anyone seeing Prof John Tee from KK?

jowin - 1:538 are still very low odds, so don't worry. The test is only 90-95% accurate anyways, and might have been affected by the accuracy of the machine, skill of the sonographer, the meal you had that day affecting the blood/urine test results, etc...?

Welen - hi there!
happy.gif

hi all MTB
my edd is 3 jan..hoping that i will have a late dec bb instead.. the tot of my little kid fighting with all the dragon babies is scary..

Jowinbaby: Yes, it's low risk. Means your baby has 537:538 chance of not having DS (trisomy 21). Yay!

I'm so glad nearly everyone of us have low risk for our babies. What a relief.

Went for a usual scan this afternoon. When I was going through the ultrasound scan, the first image was that of my baby waving to me! Like he/she knows we're looking at her. Oh my goodness!!

Then the gynae tried to focus on the pelvic area to identify the gender. The baby quickly changed position. When the gynae was shifting the position of the scanner to new position, the bb covered his/her pelvic area with his/her hands. The gynae had commented "It's as if the baby can tell that we're looking at the private part. You have a very modest baby." Haha.

Anyway, the gynae had hazarded a guess to the baby's gender, but cautioned me about buying any clothes for the child. Haha!

<font color="660000">hi mummies,
I just registered my 9 mth old for childcare next year at Carpe Diem preschool n I got e last place! I can't believe how early I hv to book before the places are all taken up. My first skool childcare was already full 2 months ago! Lucky number 2 gets to ride on no 1's placement in school to get a place. Now I'm wondering if I shd start worrying abt primary school applications...</font>

Hahaha thats so cute carpe diem. My bb only moved his/her legs.. Didn't wave at me :p So do you think it's going to be a boy or girl?

I'm only going to see gynae again on 20 Aug and for the detailed scan.. So long..
sad.gif
cant wait to see bb again...

Hi mommies! Hows ur day been?
Jowinbaby, added u.. Thx.. Ur a pwetty mommy...
happy.gif

Carpe diem- my bb sleeping but seeing the scan even for a second pregnancy seems surreal... I think im starting to feel tiny movements in tummy but its kinda on off.. Anyone else?
Poseidon - i think many mommies will b b4 edd but some cases have it where labour starts on edd or have to b induced cos its after edd... Who knows urs will b new yr bb? Quite lucky too.. Hehe
Im starting to get bad backache, the type i can cry cos its irritating n very aching.... How to get rid? Dont tell me its gonna persist for the nxt 6 to 7 mths.. Sob sob

Stella: Woah, that's really early! Think can start worrying abt child's enrolment when child is 4 lah... In the meantime just enjoy the growing up years!

Lush: think we must see whether the child is active during the ultrascan timing I guess. But you would agree with me just seeing the movements of the bb is already so precious right, no matter what those movements are?

Gynae estimates that my bb is a girl although he had warned me not to go and buy bb's clothes yet. If gynae's guesstimate is correct, then my initial guess in joyojoy's table is wrong. Will wait for detailed scan.

We're checking out the developments of our bbs in the same week! I'm going for the detailed scan too but only on the 18th aug. I also can't wait for detailed scan though I've just seen my bb!

Blue_Y: Really? We still feel similarly amazed even if it's 2nd bb on ultrasound? Wow!

Me, I think I'm starting to feel movements too, though not regularly too. The most obvious was just the past sat when I had felt faint at ACM, I wonder how good their air circulation is? Anyway, just before I feel faint, I can feel rhythmic patter on my lower left abdomen. It stopped a while when I had rubbed the area with my hand. Then shortly aft I stop rubbing, I can feel the rhythmic patter again till I rub it again. I had imagined it was my bb signalling to me "I need more oxygen, mummy!" - my speculation of course.
happy.gif

Blue_Y: Oh dear... I'm sorry to say I'm beginning to feel what you had mentioned too, but mine is less serious than yours. I currently hv a slight sore kind of feeling on my left lower back too, although not as serious as an ache currently. I hope someone can help poor Blue_Y?

Ms carpe - thanx dear...*hugz* n yah... Wateva tinies movement u feel is the bb alright... It feels gd right? But for ur fainting spell, oh dear.... Hope its a one off thing.. Usually we preggies feel faint cos we lack sugar in our body... Thts why its advisable to bring sweets in bag in case u feel faint in public places or transportation....but perhaps what u say abt air circulation can also b true... Mommy must breathe in air more often then.. Hehe...
My backache, my fast relief was the back support i just bought for $9.90 i think? From guardian, 7-eleven or giant... Feel shiok... I wanted to buy a few to put everywhere but hubby thinks im crazy.. Haha...

Morning lebebe! - duno if got advertised on tv leh... But i know its like commonly sold everywhere nowadays n it ease my pain until i walk away from it lor.. Hehe

Stella: some of the popular preschool needs to start queueing very early one..for pri sch..start worrying when ur kid is around 4..esp if you are lookin at popular sch..

Stella: Which carpe diem did you register your 9 month old in? I am still contemplating whether to send my girl to Child care or just a church kindy. She has a place in a church kindy but that was when there wasn't number 2. Worried that the maid cannot handle both.

back support - yes, they sell that everywhere, event at Watsons/Guardian &amp; at the $2 shop
happy.gif

Stella - wow, your neighbourhood has loads of kiddos I suppose? My #1 signed up for My First Skool near my ILs like a month before he started, I went earlier &amp; they told me no rush, just come back when he is about to start. Intended to transfer him to Little Skool House International (waiting time then was 6 months), but when he was due to start, we decided to just keep him at First Skool rather than disrupt the routine.

mscarpediem - so cute! If baby is shy, your gyne is most prob right to say that it is a girl
happy.gif

Btw, is everyone on FB - are there 2 conversation portals now, one here, one on FB?

Morning ladies, just went for my Oscar yesterday. Baby is now 6.4 cm at 12 weeks 3 days. Going to see my gynae tomorrow for the rest of the results. But so far the sonographer said everything seems normal pending results of the blood test.

Did any of you manage to sort of see or guess baby's gender during Oscar? I know its too early, but at one point the baby stretched its legs all the way straight and the sonographer commented it looks like a little bird sticking out. I was wondering if its too early to tell....

Stella, some sch like st james are so popular that once the baby is born, parents register their child in.

I am researching to change Childcare for my girl, cos the current on she is at cherie hearts really no good. Enquire around those nearby CC , its all fully booked. Haiz. Cannot imagine those babies in Dragon year, though mine is still in rabbit year.

Blue, " blush"... not pretty la.
happy.gif

Jowin, that's what I told my hubby. Dragon babies year is a competitive year, even though ours is a rabbit, but the kid will be placed with all the dragons, stressful kid!

hihi... Feeling a bit not so good. MS still bad. I'm already into my 16th weeks. Vomitted like some idiot on Sunday evening and yesterday I was so 'dead'.

Hmmm... OSCAR &amp; gynea hinted its most likely a boy for me. But gynea say wait for the 20th week scan to confirm. I think he was trying not to disappoint me. we wanted a girl.

Had been aiming badly for rabbit baby, because hb is a rabbit... finally conceived at the last available month before rabbit give way to dragon.

Hi tulip7v: Hopefully your MS will subside too. Was it also like that for your previous pregnancies?

I'm also hoping for a girl, but we shall see how. Is your #1 a boy? I was also hoping to aim for a rabbit in a rabbit year. But now it will be either a rabbit in a dragon year or dragon. Furthermore my EDD is 4 days after CNY and from my previous pregnancy, I gave birth 3 days earlier than EDD, so will be really hard to tell if its rabbit or dragon...

Hi tulip7v: Hopefully your MS will subside too. Was it also like that for your previous pregnancies?

I'm also hoping for a girl, but we shall see how. Is your #1 a boy? I was also hoping to aim for a rabbit in a rabbit year. But now it will be either a rabbit in a dragon year or dragon. Furthermore my EDD is 4 days after CNY and from my previous pregnancy, I gave birth 3 days earlier than EDD, so will be really hard to tell if its rabbit or dragon...

Thank Blueydoo. I am really looking forward to the day where i am MS-free! I hope its not until i deliver.

My #1 is a girl. #2 is a boy. had 5 pregnancies altogether... all MS. But this one is the worst!! People say, all pregnancies are different. Maybe I won't have MS for this time. yes, its different. Different in the MS level!!

<font color="660000">ms carpe diem &amp; zhu zhu
I didn't expect childcare to be so full so scary. Primary school is a dilemma coz I'll only get my new hm in 2015 n my boy will b 5. So dunno how to decide which schools to go for. Later all of them hv a 2 yr waiting list then big prob for me.

Kelly k
I registered at mi preschool. It's a smaller centre which I feel is better somehow. I can only consider those near my place coz my mil will b sending n fetching my boy daily n with number 2 to carry along, distance is a factor.

May c
I thought my area has a reasonable number of kids but apparently its much more than I thought. And the first skool centre near my place is pretty big too.

Jowin
I'm all for gd schools but I dun think I will go to the extent of registering wen my kid is born. Though I do wonder how parents of those kids born in popular years managed to greet places in schools of their choice without having to register years in advance... Volunteer work at school? Hopefully I just hv to worry for my tiger then little rabbit can jus follow in his footsteps till secondary school... Thinking very far hor... Haiz being a parent is as stressful as being a student these days.

Blue_y
Try a massage? Some spas or massage ladies do pregnancy massage. Just had mine on Sunday. Ache like I've been beaten up for a couple of days but now feel great except for a horrible flu...</font>

stella
you can start deciding which pri sch u wan to put ur boy in..like those near ur new hm? then u might wan to inquire if need to volunteer o not..some sch allow u to start 2 yrs earlier..at least not so siong for u to clock the 40 hrs.

Hi ladies so sorry I didn't c the requests on adding into the fb grp.. Didn't log in over the wkd.. have added blue_y, (x), chrysalis, JTML n zanie98 in my fb as friend. Will add u guys in the grp aft u accept.

Kelly k, Im in the same dilemma as u. Church kindy or cc for #1. I'm worried I cannot cope! Lol! Currently she's in a 2hr daily PG bt doubt 2 h is enuf when #2 is out!

Stella: which spa do u go for massage nw? I used to go to one bt closed down alr. At pan pac thr. We can't do for a regular massage rite? Mus b prenatal yes?

Tulip7v: ur having #5 nw??

Stella: Oh dear, it sounds like childcare is really competitive.

Based on all mothers' experience, may I find out how long ago should I start researching and enrolling my child in a childcare centre?

Hi Mummies..
I am very stress.. till i can cried very easy and anytime anywhere.. is this a symptons of depresions.. will it affect my baby growing?? now i am preg with 13weeks....

carpe diem: Like what jowin mentioned, schools like st james, you would have to register very very very early. Some as early as when your child is born to guarantee a place in the childcare centre. Singapore is really very competitive. Sigh!

jamie: are you working? Who is going to take care of your #1 and #2? My inlaws don't really help although they are around most of the time. Maid is the one that handles #1. Don't think she can handle a very demanding and active #1 and an infant

Mandy,
May be a symptom of prenatal depression. You may want to check with your gynae and whether it will affect your fetus or not.

If you are concern if baby will turn out to be crying &amp; cranky, then it's not true. I have a friend with both pre and post natal depression, has a healthy cheerful baby born close to full term. And friends with no depression complaining about cranky babies.

Mandy - hugs! Could be prenatal depression like birdbrain mentioned, esp if the breakdowns are over minor issues. Speak with your gyne? I think she might prescribe fish oil or anything with vitamin B12 which is proven to lessen pre/post natal depression. Take care k.

chiffoncake - Not sure about rebonding/perming, but I am planning to recolor my hair soon. Should be OK from 2nd trimester onwards, but have to take care not to leave the solution on for too long.

Kelly K:
sad.gif

Mandy: Take care girl. May be good to talk with a healthcare professional.

chiffoncake/MayC: My gynae had warned me specifically against perming (Is recolouring the same as perming?) He had mentioned (if I remember correctly) concerns about the chemicals entering into our body system through this process. I don't remember him giving me the same warning against rebonding though.

That was on my first trip to the gynae during my first trimester, my guess is his advice stands for my entire pregnancy.

mscarpediem - I guess it is up to the individual? My gyne is ultra conservative too, and said no coloring through the pregnancy. But alot of online research seems to confirm that coloring is safe &amp; I did color from trimester 2 onwards for #1(maybe 2x in pregnancy). Else can use organic color (like henna). I have never permed/rebonded, so not sure about those.

<font color="660000">Jamie &amp; ms Carpe Diem,
There are a few spas and individuals online that provide prenatal massage. But I ask my post natal massage lady to massage for me. She comes to my place. Each session she charges me $80 for abt 90 mins. N ya we cannot go for the normal massage as feet are not supposed to be massaged in pregnancy n we can't lie flat on our tummy at all or back for too long. Also prenatal massage can only. Start aft 12 weeks.

Zhuzhu,
start volunteering 2 yrs earlier? Wa then gotta travel frm my current place to e school? Wat if the school closes down or relocates by the time the kid starts school?

Mandy
I had depression in my first pregnancy n was on meds frm 2nd tri til mid 3rd tri. My boy is happy n healthy. The crankiness n tantrums he throws are all attributed to the family thoroughly spoiling the first grandson rotten! Do speak to ur gynea if u find ur moods badly affected. Pregnancy shd be a happy time to enjoy not to be moody n miserable.</font>

Jamie, no lah...I am no so gung-ho! haha..

this is my 5th pregnancy but 3rd baby (safely crossed the 1st trimester). obviously, the other two pregnancies/babies were lost thro' miscarriage. The latest one was one week before this year's CNY.

Back