(2012/01) Jan 2012

Silsilly : I still skipping fish oil. Now week 14 but really cannot take the fish oil. Can swallow but it makes me nauseous no appetite . Calcium pills I can take..

About lending/borrowing things : haha call me selfish?... Or eccentric??? If friend offer me things I will ask . Do I need to return? If they say , yes. I will say ... Thanks for offer I afraid I spoil the thing. So I think I buy. The thing is ... If they want to borrow, so far, I say no. Even books and CDs I don't lend... Cos they never come back.

hq (coolcatmeow): i read in "what to expect" book that you can try putting a cold pack at the back of your neck for 20 mins every night before you sleep. It might be because your strain muscles at your shoulder/neck area if you use computer a lot during work. try it.. anyway it's non-medicinal.

It works for me
happy.gif

Silsilly - i feel u... I remember the 1st child, in 2nd tri onwards, i was prescribed neogobion, fish oil capsules, calcium pills n folic acid.. I always have problem with calcium pills... I always choke abit on it... I can b drinking water with it n the water will go down but not the pill... Hate it!!! N my gynae just told me last visit, nxt visit, ul b introduced to calcium pills, okay? Can say not okay or not? Hehe... N one more pill i dread was the iron pills(is it neogobion/sangobion?).. It gives me damn bad constipation n i have problem until almost labour week. Then doctor introduce me Lactul which i took n immediately, my stools loosen... If not i can go for days w/o going toilet...
Im dreading my next visit... Because of the calcium pills thts humongous!! *faintz*

Hq - oh dear.. A whole bottle? Hehe.. Imnprone to migraines too... Im less tolerable than u... N worse, what works for me to rid of the migraine is to down at least one panadol extra tablet. Nothing else work.. So no choice i tahan until its affecting my daily work, then i down one. Only thwn i feel better...u can try 100plus if its on hand.. At times it works for me but bad one, no...
happy.gif
hows ur dinner?

Hi ladies : do u spot hair growing on your tummy? I see them. There goes my dream of having a perfect looking tummy. I have hairy tummy and there is this faint vertical line from u know where up to the belly button. Totally .....

Jtml - hehe.. Morning! The way u describe very funny leh... Hehe... Line, unfortunately, for many, its the inevitable... I still have the line from my 1st pregnancy a yr n half ago.. Tried scrubbing, nothing works.. I give up... Hair on tummy unsure... Maybe cos previously flatter so cant c? No explanation... Hehe...

JTML: the line will be there..probably forever
happy.gif
..my line is still there..now its getting more obvious..

HQ: i oso have occassional headache..not sure its due to weather or not..

<font color="aa00aa">JTML - that faint line/hair growth is called the linea nigra - most preggy mommies have it, but starts to shows usually in the 3rd trimester. Don't worry about it, the line/hair disappears after you deliver
happy.gif

Silsilly - why so many pills? As for the fish oil, just take them right before you sleep at nite, so that you won't burp the fishy smell!

Headaches -that is one of the typical side effects of pregnancies. My sis who is preggy now has headaches too, as she did with her 1st pregnancy. Again, one of those things that miraculously disappears after delivery!</font>

Carpe Diem... hmmm... sounds interesting.. maybe I should also check out KKH too.
now Im worried about the confinement nanny.. still have found a suitable one. grrrr...

Im on Calcium and Iron now.. Do we need to eat fish oil? Gynae didnt prescribe to me leh...

I can eat a lot for bf and lunch. dinner still not much appetite. Everyday after 5pm I will get v thirsty and will always crave for cold sweet drinks. So now I drink ribena when I eat my dinner.. ended up finishing the ribena &amp; not the dinner.. ;p

JTML, yes I have hairy tummy now! hb will stare at my tummy and laugh at me. Whenever i was venting my frustrations at work, he will say silly stuff like "just flash your hairy tummy at them &amp; they will run away". -_-"

aiyo Lush, dun bother about HB say what la
happy.gif

Me too, i drink ribena daily. Normal plain water, still very bland.

Pills:
I am taking fish oil, calcium and Obimin.

I am still taking small meals as my MS still terrible. Every 4 hours, i am hungry again
sad.gif

JTML,
My line is showing too!
I am prob more lucky than the rest coz the line went away prob 6 mths after i delivered my #1

Lush,
Your hb is so funny. Hheeheh

Jowin - Me too - i am hungry every 3 hours &amp; taking regular sized meals! Am having milo &amp; munching on some biscuits as I type this...and going for lunch by 11+am. Find myself thinking about food alot these months. Argh. Think baby #2 is going to be somewhat bigger than #1.

jowinbaby - how many months are you now? I also cant stop drinking ribena at 1st trim....but now i kind of stop as many of them said although Ribena can drink...best water is still best
happy.gif

MayC, I m not sure about the #1 and #2 size comparable. But definitely this pregnancy is tougher than #1
sad.gif
Yes, food food food is all i think of.. What can i eat so that i dun feel like puking later? I dun seem to enjoy my meals. Eat for the sake of eating
sad.gif

Jingles, I am 14 weeks + now. I tried many drinks. So far ribena would not puke. I puke on milo etc. Yes, plain water is best but its so plain that i feel like puking. So i sip bit of bit of plain water whenever necessary,.

jowinbaby - understand how u feel .....i also refuse to drink plain water earlier..hahaha got one weird weird taste.....so i drink ribena..but rem to drink those w/o gas...cos they say gassy drinks not good for young babies
happy.gif

anyone looking around for confinement ladies now? seems like i will have to pay more as my EDD is due near CNY -.-

<font color="0000ff">Hi Mummies,

After I went to the toilet yesterday, I found my toilet was filled with fresh blood! It was quite scary coz as I stood up, it was dripping too....

I called my gynae and he asked me to rest, observe the situation and go back to him if this continues. He suggested it might be coz of piles (but I dont feel anything at my anus part).

The blood happened twice, not much spotting.

This morning, I woke up with really bad backache. Its bad to the extent that I have difficulties sitting and standing up from a lying down position. =(

I hope its not signs of miscarriage. Am going to see gynae later to have a scan and confirm bb is ok. Wish me good luck mummies! </font>

Im feeling a number of bearable crampings that go on n off on my lower right of pelvis... Hope it goes away... With em are backaches... Feel so achy n tired...
sad.gif

Hi May
oh dear, u better go see gynae and rest alot. Wish u good luck!!!!

Hi jingles
I just reject a confinement lady as she charge me $3450 for CNY period. Maybe i just order tingkat.

Yup. I make the ribena with syrup and make sure its not too sweet too.

May - oh dear... Rest well, n hope all goes well... Let us know the outcome... Il pray hard ul b alright.. Take care yah!

May - rest well hur !

jowinbaby - wahh!!!! u go recce for CL already ah???? oh no...i think i must also go search le..When is ur EDD? 3450 is abit steep though....maybe u wan search ard - still think get a CL to do ur confinement is better
happy.gif

May,
Oh no... hope it's just piles.

CL
Yup... 3400 is the market rate for CNY period. Haiz... I'm just gonna go with tingkat. #1 is well settled in CC. As for #2, well... newborns only sleep and poo right. And i use disposable diapers, clothes, just pop into washing machine. Haha... i really hope i survive.

Jingles, i searched a few already. All at least $3K+ and still request to go back for their CNY for the 1st 4 days of CNY. EDD is 21 Jan, then change to 17 Jan. Keep changing la
happy.gif

My #1 also no CL to help me, my mum did. Just tat at my 2nd week of confinement, my grandpa passed away, my mum had to help out at the wake instead. Plus my in laws damn pantang and refused my parents to come visit, help or even touch baby until 49 days later. In laws themselves went on holiday and did not even come over to help at all.

I was all alone with baby. Lucky HB took leaves to help me out and my aunt came over to cook some food for me. Think about all these, i just hate it so much.

Pray hard this time with no hiccups in between, can i cope anot.

(x) - if u r experience mother...i think w/o CL also can survive bah...for me..i am new mother...no CL i think i will kalang kabor :p

jowinbaby - i wonder when is next yr CNY lei..any idea? wahh...u v brave lei...brave through confinement alone.....
happy.gif
u got any good lobang CL? can share ...? i also wan start calling and ask prebook.

Jingles, 2012 1st day of CNY is 22 Jan.
Haha. Not brave. I am left with no choice back then.

No good lobang now. The one i rejected accepted another mummy. Another one, i m waiting for her to see if she gonna help me. If i happen to hear any good one, i share ok?
happy.gif

May: Take care, do go see gynae to be sure and put ur mind at ease.

jowin &amp; jingles: #3K+ is the standard for Cl during CNY period. I book mine wif i-kare @ $3500 but she told me her CL will not go back during the whole duration wif me lah

jowinbaby - my EDD is 6 Jan...hahahaha duno counted as out of CNY period bo :p since EDD can keep changing also .... yes if i get good one i will also keep u in the loop
happy.gif

piggyB - i-kare is an agency hur? hmmm does CL normally goes back at night? i hope to get one can stay at night so i can rest well...

Ribena... I vomitted. Guess what! I couldn't resist KOI, weather's too hot. went to buy. Drank and while driving, i vomitted!!! driving leh, how to get the plastic bag out? kaozzz.... i drove home immediately to change. KOI used to make me happy. Now what could?

May: Hope you'll see your gynae soon and rest well!

For my arrangement of confinement nanny, I had confirmed with her for 2 weeks (which does not go into cny period should my bb be delivered at edd or earlier) and had told her that if my confinement period does not extend to cny, I will extend to the full 28 days with her. My confinement nanny had been ok with this arrangement although the rate is more than 50% of her usual 28 days charges. I figured I need the most help in the first 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if this arrangement could be applicable to you all too to control costs for confinement nanny?

Talk about CL... i have got a huge problem!!! since my EDD is changed to 7th Jan and this time, i have to go for C-sec due to complications. Means i'll have a Dec baby. But my CL can't make it for dec. She's stuck with another customer. Gosh!! And my HB only trust her and no one else.

CL told me to hang on for two/three weeks then she'll come over (i always engaged her for at least 2 months). And tell me either get my mum/MIL to help or cater confinement food. Mum/MIL can't. So I checked with Natalessentials for catered confinement food. And they don't deliver food to my place!!! my place is specifically listed out of their devliery zone! argh... this pregnancy is one problem after another.

ms carpediem - its a good idea hor! 2 weeks...i also agree...believe it will be the first 2 weeks when u need help most...but i guess not all CL will agree lei...they earn less $...by way r u a KK mummy?

tulip - think its the milky substance tat makes u puke....KOI used to be my fav too!! esp during the earlier days when they have big big pearls

Jingles: I currently am but my dr is moving to gleneagles, so I'm not sure if I'll follow him there. Will discuss more with him at my next checkup.

Are you visiting kkh too for your gynae checkups?

Yes, it is subject to the agreement of the CL, CNY rates are too much of a stretch for our finances, praying hard everything will be ok with my delivery and care of bb after.

ms carpediem - ohhhh then i think he must be one of the rumoured ones that are shifting out v soon
happy.gif
yes I am a KK mummy....i hope this gynae will be as good as my previous..my previous had shifted to TMC
sad.gif
no night clinics....v hard to get appt de..

Jingles: Rumoured ones shifting out of KKH? What's happening? Would you share more?

Was your previous gynae Benjamin Tham? Who's your current gynae and how did you come to select him/her as your care provider?

ms carpediem - no la....jst heard tat some of them are not happy so will move lo..its a common thing in garment hospital...sooner or later all will shift to pte hospital le...

YES!!!! How you know its B.Tham????????? He is my fav gynae
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
and he gave me lots of assurance and always make me feel v comfy...Current one is Prof Tee...he is ok...but not so chatty lo...most of the time is v quiet..somehow i still miss B. Tham la...the reason why i choose Prof Tee is B.Tham refer him to me when he left for TMC

Jingles, my current gynae is B. Tham. He is at TMC now. He is quite ok in getting appt. Reason why i change my gynae to B. Tham cos i dun have to wait for long to see my previous gynae.

Hi Tulip7V - So what do you plan to do now? I don't plan to get a CL, and was just thinking of catering for confinement food. Wasn't aware they don't do delivery to some places. Guess I better check with them early.

I heard there is another confinement caterer - is it New baby or something??

jowinbaby - OMG!!!!! then pls reassure u are in v v v good hands
happy.gif
and someone definitely u wan to see and hear when u are damn insanely mad in labour
happy.gif

jingles, my SIL and a friend had their 1st pregnancy under him. All recommended that he is a good gynae. So i 放心 to change gynae. Remember that one of the night i had blood discharge. i called him at 9pm. He immediately meet me at TMC and lucky that he only charge me a minimum $ for emergency. Yup Yup, he is rather assuring.
happy.gif

jowinbaby - *sobs sobs* u know i miss him so much.....i miss his assurance A LOT! i am glad that he response lo...i left my mesg for my gynae on scan qns..he did not even respond...in the end i called up call-a-KK- nurse instead...

by way did he give u his personal no?

blueydoo - oppppsss :p hehehe didnt know tats the caterer Tulip is refering to. Yes its very good. 1st week is good la...u eat 2nd week.....sian liao...but i rem drinking their soup and red date tea. Very nice.

Jingles: Yah, I can understand from a career point of view why drs will move after some time in the public sector. More autonomy on their end, more freedom, no longer need to follw govt rules and structures.

I just felt a little off that it had affected care of my pregnancy personally lah, haha.

Benjamin Tham is the only kkh dr that I knew who had left kkh in the past couple of years and had moved to TMC and whom I know patients like. Haha, so lucky guess. Did you change gynaes halfway because of his move?

ms carpediem- ya from their point of view, its v restrictive..cos all they wan to do is clinical work and not bother about rules and administration.... i understand how u feel...afterall who will like to change gynae halfway thru...

no la i am B.Tham gynae 2/3 yrs back.....sad when I am preggie now he is no longer there lo

Jingles: Yah I can understand what you mean! *sighz*. But i think drs Dr Tham recommends can be trusted for their competence lah, even if they don't hv a gd svs attitude I guess.

Back