(2012/01) Jan 2012

CT - wow 3 boys! Hope ur #4 will be a princess!!
happy.gif

Bb 6weeks vagina scan edd 10th January, yesterday at Amc scan edd was 11th Jan, today oscar edd 8th Jan... gynae take it as 11th Jan 2012 but she say if bp high than week 37 onwards induced..

hi to all mummies! 1st time posting.. have been a silent reader to this board for sometime.. thanks every1 for sharing all these impt & useful info.. relle helpful esp for 1st time mummies like me!
happy.gif

expecting #1.. ard 13 weeks now.. edd 10th Jan (based on 1st scan @ 7+ wks).. juz did OSCAR last fri & seems like things r going well & doc says it's low risk (ratio is 1:1400.. doesn't look very good compared to the mummies here).. BUT.. still constantly have this nagging worry dunno if baby is doing well coz had a m/c previously.. sigh.. hopefully everything will go very well this time..

Can anyone advise if I can go 'bai bai' my mum at the temple (JU SHI LIN)during her death anniversary? Shld I avoid all these?

I haven told anyone on my 14 weeks pregnancy, onli mi n hubby know..so I cant ask my close friends or relatives..Thanks for advice..

morning mummies.

Woke up at 345am to pee n couldnt sleep till now. Urgh! Been tossing n turning in bed for so long but in vain. Now am enjoying a bowl of cold Dao Huey. Heheh.

Welcome Jacinta!

Linda lau,
I guess since its your mum it shld be okay? It also largely depends on your comfort level to visit such places too

<font color="0077aa">Mummies, I'm feeling super down... Kena 2 hours prep talk by my irritating and idiotic boss yesterday. I think she cannot wait to get rid of me. I cannot help but keep thinking of what she told me yesterday. It could also be hormones but really feel like crying. Now in office, cannot cry, just can feel totally down and drained.... =(</font>

May,
Hugs... does ur boss know that u are preggy? Dun care lah. Bosses like to give such "talks". Focus on the more important thing now, ie the life growing within u.

Good morning mommies and welcome Jacinta and Linda

Ginger: me too I was up at about 4am ... now quite orh bak kak @@ eating my breakfast in the office. Plus whole day meeting >.<

Zanie: *hugs-hugs* not hormones lah kanna from irritating boss sure wont feel good. I think she cant get rid of you cos she will need to face MOM

Good Morning mummies!

Seeing so many mummies having a gd time at oscar, I super excited &amp; look forward to go for my oscar next week. =)

May: I think ur boss think of the maternity leave u will be take, heart pain ba. Dun be too bothered by her k. Dun be upset liao, no good for bb. Cheer up! *Hugz*

Linda: It really depends, like my mil super pantang one will ask me not to go. But for my mum, she is ok. Bt to make my mil happy, I will not go lor.

MayC - I also have a sweet tooth! hehe..lurrrve chocolates, cakes, ice-cream! since i couldn't take ice cream when i was trying to conceive, I am eating all i can now..haha! but am cutting down le, cos worried if will get gestational diabetes...well I guess everything in moderation is ok!
happy.gif

Lush - same same i love fries! Initially have craving for it quuite often so I have it as and when i have craving. Now i just limit to once a week..cos too much fried and oily stuff no good for bb..

My merlion-ing stopped too..but still feeling nauseous now and then..especially when i try to drink fresh milk..i realise that I cannot take fresh milk..feel like puking everytime i drink it..so i never really take fresh milk now...replace with soya milk.. do you think it's ok? worried if bb getting enough nutrition if I don't drink fresh milk...haizz

Eating beef or not determines the sex of your bb? Then i guess I'm having a prince..hehe
happy.gif

Happy 13th week!! stay cheerful and happy!!
happy.gif

BLue_Y - look at it from another point..junk food is no good for you and baby...so it's good that you don't have cravings for it
happy.gif
i am fighting hard to keep the craving for junk food at bay and eat healthier stuff!
happy.gif

CT - wow! 3 boys! I salute you! Hope your 4th is a girl!
happy.gif

Jacinta - Welcome!
happy.gif
I'm sure your bb is doing great! don't worry too much and stay happy!
happy.gif

Linda - I think if it's immediate family members should be ok
happy.gif
You're already into your 2nd trimester so think it's ok
happy.gif

gingerleaf - I woke up around the same time as you and also can't sleep! and it didn't help that my hubby was snoring so loudly! aiyo! now super tired at work *Yawwwn*

May - Just ignore what your boss says! What is impt now is yours and baby's well-being isn't it? If you really feel like crying just go toilet and let it out..you'll feel much better instead of bottling everything up and feeling miserable! Cheer up soon yah! cos if you're unhappy bb will be unhappy too~~

May - hugz! Yah, at this stage, don't take to heart what your boss says cos our mood would affect baby's development.

Vanessa - heh, I don't really have a sweet tooth, so quite selective on chocs (have to be 60-70+% cocoa type), &amp; the brands &amp; flavors of ice-cream. Nothing too sweet for me.

I do bake alot though - just did a moist kiwi fruit cake yesterday on an impulse cos I was working from home &amp; had loads of golden kiwis in the fridge! Its amazing I haven't gotten fat yet from all my cookies &amp; cakes
happy.gif

On food cravings, apparently if you prefer red meat to white meat, then baby is most prob a boy. I had more beef that normally when I was preggers with #1 too (a boy)!

CT - wow, 4 kids! Btw, the OSCAR at KKH is value for money
happy.gif

Jacinta - Welcome to the forum! Don't worry too much ya, if your gyne says you are within the low risk category, then that's great!

Speaking of OSCAR, I am doing mine this Friday afternoon! Can't wait - excited &amp; apprehensive at the same time!

Hi greetings ladies. I was off forum for a long time cos of bad ms. Feeling somewhat better but still feeling uncomfortable frequently. My edd changes from 12 jan to 10 jan to 8 jan and now 5 jan as of yday.

Did my oscar at kkh yday and risk is 1:3376.

For thos wif ms, when did urs ease ah? This round is freaking me out already!
happy.gif

It seems that most of the mummies are going or have done your OSCAR. Going to do it later in the afternoon. So excited. Have not seen little one for two weeks although I seem to be able to feel the little one at times.

Can't sleep well at night these days. Can't find a suitable and comfy position to sleep. And I know that it will get worse when it gets to third trimester.

Has any mummies booked a confinement nanny? I think I am super late. Have not decided on one

May:
Don't care what boss say, they only concerned with performance and bottom line. Your baby is what matters and baby belongs to you and your family, Boss will not care for baby.
Even if your performance good, at the end of the day when they have financial problems, they will not think how good you are, they will still go for retrenchment...

Think of baby and you will be happy, I sometimes look at the scan pics to remind myself be postive. Just try your best, okie...

Valteen, i'm now into my 12.5weeks. Still have terrible MS. I vomit whole day, but night time is the worst. Very frequent. Not only its freaking me out, my kids too. They keep seeing mummy at the toilet bowl.

I'm loving cold drinks, I'm loving sweet drinks. Its the only way to lessen my MS. No choice.

May, don't think too much. Some bosses are like that. Seeing staff pregnant triggers their nerves. We are here for you!

OSCAR tomorrow... hope i won't vomit lying there! scheduled after lunch.

Tulip, yah cold drinks does help ease somewhat. I hv no choice but to take also. I hvnt been eating well. The most scary thing is u feel so hungry yet cant eat.

Enjoy ur oscar on fri!!

MayC - you're better than me then
happy.gif
having a sweet tooth is super unhealthy although it makes me super happy! haha~~
wow! kiwi cake..sounds yummmy! i havent even started to use the oven I got! should go find some cake/cookie recipe and start baking before my hubby complain that i buy the oven but never use.. hehe :p
guess mine's gonna be a boy..let's see if it's true
happy.gif

I'm sure your OSCAR test will be great!
happy.gif
I'll ask about this at my next gynae visit and see if it's recommended that I do the scan since so many of you are doing it!
happy.gif

Hi Valteen, I just reach 12 weeks .. seems MS easing off I think I hope ... I can at least stomach one Mr Bean pancake and soya bean drink.

Tulip: Dinner times are bad for me too... I cant eat much or not at all and totally just slump on the sofa.

Really hope MS will go off soon!
happy.gif

Hq, my ms eases off at start of week 13. At least i am more mobile than the first 7 weeks of ms when i was literally bedridden. I am still hvg eating prb now but hope it goes off for good too!! I am now 13+ week going 14.

Valteen &amp; hq: same! i also slump at the sofa or just lie on the bed. I wasn't like that before pregnant. very energetic. now, sigh...

gingerleaf, thanks
happy.gif
I have a horrible filing system - usually I just google for recipes, then throw them out after I am done, so I don't have that choc cake one from 2009 - sorry! Also improvise alot by tasting along the way so don't always follow/use recipes - like my kiwi cake from yesterday was just a DIY one.
Choc-chip-potato-chip one I still have though (was from TODAY paper) - with my MIL, can get that back if you want it.

u are amazing! I google for recipes too, always make n forgot which recipe is for which cake. Been trying to perfect a nice moist chocolatey cake but so hard. Tried alot of recipes but they always have a very strong akaline taste.

MayC &amp; ginger: Me love to bake too! I try to doing baking with my #1, she loves it. The only thing is..my standard very inconsistent sometimes result good sometimes bake the same items result bleh..heehee.

Just checked out the pics on ur FB...WOW u r GOOD! =) Just looking at ur pics...i am feeling hungry ardi..

gingerleaf - hmm...I always test the dough along the way, so so far no disasters. U need to improvise cos recipes are not always to taste
happy.gif

If you like breads, try making the hokkaido milky loaf - recipe link with the photos. That has to be the best milk loaf ever! Better than anything from the bakeries, v fluffy, but with lots of fatty whipped cream. I have to bake that again soon!

piggyB - thank you! Just an amature baker &amp; stick to simple ingredients. Nothing fancy. Usually have #1 help me to stir in some ingredients then do the rest during his naptime on weekends.

Haiyo... so many tragic accidents.
Haiz... then again, what is a 8mth preggy doing out and ard Lau Pa Sat at midnight?

MayC,
The hokkaido milky loaf sounds delicious! Too bad i have no oven and can't bake/cook to save myself.

Thanks all for the advise..but I am still deciding to go or not..I duno wat excuses to give to my brothers, y I cant go 'baibai' with them for my mum's death anniversary..

I am in 14 weeks now, but tummy dun realli show yet, maybe cos I am of a bigger size, so others might think that I am getting fatter instead of thinking I am pregnant...haa! Anyone tummy had shown are these weeks?

MayC, you sure bake a lot of stuffs. I also love baking but super novice and also lazy to clean up the mess after that. So far only bake cookies, muffins, fruit tart and super failure pound cake, haha. I wanted to learn how to bake those bday cake using fondant but still haven't got chance to go and learn.

PiggyB, your i-kare confinement 3.5k includes levy already? I just now call back GPLS as use them previously for my last confinement. 3.3k not including levy. Think levy another 100+++, then must give 3 ang bao, coz ours is CNY thus CNY 1st day also must give ang bao.

Wonder how is it possible to not engage confinement nanny and do everything myself. But scare no rest and i will suffer next time when aging.

Linda,
Mine looks like 5mth preggy!
Haiz...

Just tell yr brothers lor. I'm sure they will understand.

To go baibai or not really depends on u. I beleive my family will protect me.

hihi, looks like many of us are into baking
happy.gif
me too..kekekee..but had stopped since preggie cos very tiring to prepare and clean up and storing the tools&amp;oven after baking...:S

(X) : I dun hv an oven when I tried explore recipes, until i bought a small oven recently. Maybe u can try steaming? I can share w u the recipe for steamed cake, which taste as nice, except without the baked smell
happy.gif

piggyB, yah cny give birth really exp...last time mine was christmas but also near cny, but heng heng, the confinement nanny dun mind so just charge 1.8k, now so freaking exp...

(X), lol i also look like 5 months pregnant, super scary as only 11 weeks.

<font color="0077aa">Dear Mummies, thank you for your encouragement! Its quite tough to forget what my boss said coz her words are really hateful and hurting. But lucky thing is I'm in a government agency so she cannot sack me. Worst situation is she can give me a low score for my appraisal.

I am also very grateful that I have very caring colleagues who will try ways and means to talk to me, make me laugh and cheer me up. I guess what setbacks God gives, he will always plant cushions around us to make sure that it doesnt hurt too bad. I cried but I am very very grateful there are always supportive, helping hands all around me, consoling me. (^_^)</font>

Hi mummies, seems like a lot of us are into baking!
happy.gif
I usually take my recipes from this website but i always tweak it because I reduce the sugar by half or 1/4cup.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/

This month I promised my #1 that I will bake cupcakes for her birthday. I'm planning on chocolate cupcake with choco cream cheese frosting. This frosting should be pretty foolproof. The last time I made buttercream icing, it was flat and watery because I reduced the sugar. I still haven't figured out what can I substitute the sugar with.

Any simple icing/frosting recipes to share? I was hoping I can use the pink and green colors that I bought to make the icing.
happy.gif

wow, do many mommies here into baking!
Vanniety - thanks for sharing the link
happy.gif
I usually get mine from the papers (TODAY has a weekly recipe page, think on Thursdays), or I peek into my fridge &amp; see what core ingredient (fruits etc) I have &amp; google recipes based on that. I have loads of fancy cookbooks at home as well, but have yet to try 99% of the recipes cos 1/2 the ingredients cannot even be bought in Singapore!

We preggy mommies should have a pot luck (food &amp; dessert) gathering one day
happy.gif

Looking preggy - I wished I looked more preggy
sad.gif
No one suspects I am preggy at all (if i don't tell them). Still paranoid about whether baby is growing well!

MayC, you're welcome!
happy.gif
Your kiwi fruit cake sounds nice, do you mind sharing the recipe?

A pot luck should be nice...when we're not suffering from MS anymore. Haha!

Don't worry about not having a baby bump yet, your baby is going to be fine. I must say though that it's convenient to have the bump as early as now because it's slightly easier to get seats on the train.
happy.gif

vanniety - here you to, still in my history box from yesterday
happy.gif
Was deciding between a golden kiwi or a lychee cake cos I have too many of these in my fridge!
Its v easy to bake, all the mixing done in 10 minutes, then just pop into the oven. I only made 1/2 the portion &amp; modified the amounts according to taste (e.g. added 2 kiwis for 1/2 the portion indicated, less sugar, more cinnamon). Actually not suppose to taste batter with raw eggs when preggy, but i did so yesterday anyways :p
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Kiwi-Fruit-Cake-L2713.html

On baby being fine, I sure hope so! Am so looking forward to my appnt on Friday to ease my worries!

back from my oscar today..bb had been very corporative. I complete the scan in abt 45 mins or so...so far scan result is good..now had to wait for blood test result

Re: Looking preggy..i am not looking preggy yet..its just i am fat stage ...

Vanniety: dun think there is anything to substitute sugar in the buttercream icing leh...i oso must add alot of icing to make it more firm..i tried to do cream cheese frosting..but its very "nuah"..so i can only spread on top of the cupcake..and not do too much swirl with it..

Back