(2012/01) Jan 2012

Pot luck sounds fun but need to think of a venue. =)

I normally get my recipe from www.allrecipe.com or sg women's weekly. I love to buy recipe books..haha bt like MayC I have yet to try most of the receipes.

Looking preggy- I was VERY pregg-looking when was suffering from bloating. Now no longer bloating, hardly gt bump sometimes really worry bb ok anot.

Hi May
I met very bad female boss during my #1 pregnancy . Very bad remarks too and especially i returned from maternity and still pump milk in office. Ignore her remarks at the time being. Stay happy, at least u have very nice colleagues with u. The most after 4 months of maternity, look for another new job or change dept.
happy.gif

Zhuzhu, great that ur oscar looks good. mine is next tues.. hee hee..

wow, alot of mummies into baking.. hee hee.. i m bad at it..

MayC, yeah.. look forward for a gathering with the mummies.

My bump is not huge and still wear normal dresses. Only when evening due or night, i m more bloated and more obvious . Ppl thought, i may just have a tummy. I guess shd be fine as long as baby is healthy.

hq, me too, hope MS can go off soon. Mine quite bad n still puking
sad.gif

zhuzhu, good to hear about your scan result. I guess I have no choice but to use a lot of sugar then. I need it for my girl's birthday so I hope I can do the icing successfully.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

May I know how much you all paying for OSCAR scan? Also NT scan and oscar is different right so anyone only opt for NT is yes also how much?

zhuzhu: Good to hear that ur results are good. U did ur scan at TMC & blood test @ TLC right? How much did they charge u huh? I am doing mine the next sat.

Ccy- oscar incl nt scan... i paid $165 incl gs package A. Package B incl blood test done before 13weeks pregnant will be $300 exclude gst ... I told my gynae do scan 1st rwsult no good than i take package B. Lucky result good.

I went to check at Kkh admission centre for premier gynae service n 2days stay 1 bed A1, cause now no. 4th no subsidise. deposit $2560, medisave $2100 normal vagina birth... gynae will be there once we check in and monintor me through out labour process... If caesarean deposit $2607, medisave payble $3950. I dont opt for classic service which gynae only come to deliver the bb when we are fully dilated. For the 1-3child got subsidise so i paid deposit cheaper $2000 only.. So i wonder if i go TMC or any private hospital for the no4th child does it make any different?Please help me to check the prices if anyone of u have it...

Hello mummies! I just did my oscars today at TMC! Paid about $430 inclusive of another test to b done in a few wks time. The sonographer say bb v guai cos went into all the positions she need to take the measurements n was completed in less than 1/2 hour!

Could see the bb waving both hands at us! So cute! N measures only 5.5cm at 12 wks now. EDD got adjusted again to 18jan so most likely might nt make it for dragon bb..
sad.gif
But healthy most impt! Hehe

I lost weight fr first gynae appt n was at my lowest weight since the past 3yrs n I wonder why. Anyone lost weight too? I've always got a tummy so I dun think it's the bump showing yet.. Still dun Hv the feeling that I'm preggy till I do U/S..

Pinko, you so lucky! I did my Oscar scan on mon but in 3hrs n 4scans cos bb very naughty, either sleeping or use hands to hide what sonographer wants to take. I was almost desperate. I also lost weight, about 3kg in all. But gynae said normal, said I will slowly gain back once my appetite is back.

I got slight bump below belly button now cos my tummy used to be flat. But still wearing all my tshirts n normal clothes. Now waiting for gynae's clearance to start exercising. My gym package is lying there for 3 mths not utilized! Want to go swimming n get a tan also...my edd is 17jan, one day earlier than u. :)

Piggy - yah.. Level 4 is mainly for detailed scanning n blood tests... After test then they will submit individual reports to respective gynaes...
happy.gif

PiggyB I asked aboutmy charges around 300 plusplus. because it included the charges for the detailed scan at week 20. So when go in for week 20 no need to pay. My package was P5 or 6 I don'tremember...includes the blood test and NT scan and this 20 week scan.

Keke anyone brought babyplus yet? Me should be deciding next few days... Keke

I also read up on bottle and pump... Wah pumps are not cheap... the cheapest Is the manual pump from tomee tippee ... And bottles looks really cute!!!

I forgot to say after GsT near $400 Liao so should the same ker. LOL ex hor but no choice both me and hubby 33 years old and also we were anxious.

Pinko I lost 2 kg and I was already underweight to begin with. Now still at the lost 2 kg mark. 12 weeks plus liao...The nurse say it is still okay. After reach inside second trimester will gain when our appetite comes back . My food intake still cannot make it ...

Jtml - envy u lehh.. Still maintain weight n lost summore... I think i nvr lost nor gain yet.. Thnx to ms n my adverse senses..

So many of u guys going for scans n tests..So envy!!. I had my check up at 6wks n my nxt is at 12 wks like nxt week only.. So no instruction or suggestion frm gynae cos nvr go see her in between.. Feels like eternity!!

Thanks mummies for the update, now I have a clearear picture..i thk i will opt for the same like CT
happy.gif
aged 28 and still consider low risk ba..also very scard of blood test when the doc or nurses draw out the blood i really cannot relax...

Haha blueY one more week... Wahaha understand your pain nearly 6 weeks no see baby...If u, I think I go nuts Liao... Advantage is you save $$ kekeke one visit is 100 to 200 $$ right...Eh, then your next visit u be doing any test? Or is it normal visit? My next visit is 1 month away so tat makes me normal finally. I calculate one visit can buy babyplus from eBay .or one visit can buy sterilizer haha ...

12weeks, gained 4kg!! is this too much? i duno wat to eat to prevent constipation. argh!!
keep drinking ice & gassy drinks!
btw, is laughing too much & hard harmful for the bb? i can laugh until whole body shake.

12weeks, gained 4kg!! is this too much? i duno wat to eat to prevent constipation. argh!!
keep drinking ice & gassy drinks!
btw, is laughing too much & hard harmful for the bb? i can laugh until whole body shake.

JTML - i think normal visit bah... Cos gynae nvr say anything the last round... Yah.. Its killing me.. Ao long... Dunno bb okay or not... Think i shld ask her abt all the tests n see if i need any...haha.. Love the way u calculate the cost of the visit agnst the price of babyplus or steriliser.. I akso do that.. When my hubby wants to splurge one time off on a shirt that can cost him abt a hundred bucks, i told him why not he give me the money, cos that amt can pay up the one gynae visit... Hehe...

Chiffoncake - maybe cos ur well n has no ms symptoms? Usually those w/o symptoms will have better appetite... So no worries.... N abt ur laughing, i think its even better.. Bb will be born a happy baby... I wish i can b laughing n smiling all day but my ms is like keeping me so depressed. Hehe... Stay cheerful n happy, thts the way to go...
happy.gif

I'm 10w4d today but the nausea pangs haven't disappeared! I hope they go miraculously! Going for my oscar scan next thur at TMC. Then my solemnisation ceremony next sat. Hectic! The ms isn't helping at all. Zzz! My only relief now is yakult.. Haha and ruyi oil to relieve the bloatedness and heartburn. Sigh!

qiqi, my nauseas still here daily.. haven go away too, especially at night , it kicks in lots and very tired. My oscar scan on next tues at TMC. Congrats to ur ROM.. Concentrate on your preparation, perhaps u forget all ur MS le
happy.gif

My relief is now ribena.. also keep taking cold drinks, which make me feel better..

I ate too much kong bak bao last night till whole night heartburn. Finally there is something i can wat abit more. 2 buns and a few pieces of meat.. consider lots of my dinner nowadays.

pinko: I did my OSCAR at TMC yesterday (Wed) too.. I was there about 1+pm. It cost me $318. I was quite fortunate to get the sonographer who did OSCAR and Detailed scanning for my first one. So she was ultra friendly to me yesterday. Bb was very cooperative. Completed the OSCAR within an hour. Phew. The little one is 6.3 cm at 12 weeks 4 days.

Good morning mummies!!!!

my appetite seems to be slightly better, ytd nite i had a bowl of prawn noodles + 3/4 can of..... coke!!!! *sinful* then my hb came home with some twister fries, apple pie and more coke. i sipped abit la. im gg down now for mac brekkie. i have a bad headache, but i hope appetite still good. =)

blue_y: wah 6 wks is very long! hahaa!! sat is my visit and i cant wait alr! so kan chiong! anyway, i was telling u that the durian ice cream is really gd. u shld try. =)

qiqi: i drink yakult too and i feel it kinda helps lei. else the tummy very uncomfortable feeling. I feel v nauseas too and few days ago when i was sick, it got worse. =( i munch on butter biscuit sticks, it helps. =)

chiffoncake: i c ur laffing post i feel like laffing too. i havent had a good laff in ages! btw constipation.. maybe u try eating prunes, papaya,pears? eat more fruits and veg.

Wow, some mommies are losing weight! I am making sure I don't overeat cos I am perpetually hungry
sad.gif
But not being very successful! Think I am up about 1.5kg at 12 weeks, but still slightly underweight, so I still have some leeway I guess.

qiqi - congrats on your ROM
happy.gif

I lost abt 2-3 kg in first tri too. Wasnt able to eat and was hosp for two days on drips. Now better but eating's still a prb which i hope will normalise soon. I am 14 weeks now.

hi mummies
i would like to ask if anyone still having white or creamy discharge? I am still having it and wonder if i m been eating too liang?

I started eating birds nest since 3 weeks ago. haha.. my mum will always ask me to drink. But she say drink 1x or 2x a week can already.

yesterday nite had craving for KFC. went to eat KFC and felt queusy and nauseous the whole nite. SIgh, dont eat will get hungry, eat already feel sick. grrrrrr.....

I feel like going for a holiday... v sien of work. when will we go on our ML?! cant wait for my 4mths break from work!! hahaha...

What are the benefits of having birds' nest? So that baby's skin is smooth & fair? My MIL made some for me ocassionally during my last pregnancy & if that is the case, it didn't work, cos my #1 is v tanned! Thankfully #1 is a boy, & I rather have a dark than a fair boy.

Oh, love BK's mushroom swiss as well. Had quite abit of that during my last pregnancy.

Speaking of holidays, we just booked ours to Perth last nite! I still have a couple of work trips from now till I am not allowed to travel on an airplane anymore, but don't know when we would have a proper family holiday after baby comes. So better go now while we still can. Bringing #1 to Perth for a week in Sept
happy.gif

MayC, I think something to do wif complexion (maybe not fair, heehee). Some say cannot eat too early, so i am also not sure.

Actually lots of contradicting cans and cannots. Cannot drink tea but i still see lots of preggie ladies drinking teh ping!

The last time I had BK Tender Grill chicken was nice. But I cldnt dwn it all at one go, so i just hv a bite whenever I can.
happy.gif

Good morning!

qiqi: Congrats on your ROM!

Valteen: I started eating bird nest.

jowin: I have discharge almost everyday leh...I think it's normal?

PiggyB, I also dun know. I also have it daily. At times, i can feel that its wet type. I scare too liang already. Meeting gynae next tues, i better ask.

Morning... going for my OSCAR later but i'm feeling so nauseas now...

Valteen: I started eating birdnest this week, coz i hit 12weeks. I got the concentrated type from Yu Yang Sang. One day one teaspoon. Er... its said to improve baby's complexion lah. looking at my two kids, their complexion so far so good.

Jowin: same... night time is the worst. Totally 'nuah'. I have discharge daily too. But no discomfort. If too much & your vagina itch too much, it might be yeast infection. Preggie very prone to yeast infection.

MayC: we just came back from Perth in June. Very kids friendly. most places/restaurants have kids play area.

Valteen, i also dun know what consider liang. Bcos of MS, i only eat certain fruits like papaya, honeydew, apple. Daily drink cold ribena and barley.

Food wise, fish noodle soup with milk, KFC, popeyes and alot of fried stuffs .. This preg dun like to eat green vegetable at all.

Lack of fibre, constipated too.

Maybe is the cold ribena and barley.. But drink plain water, its very bland n i feel like puking lor..

Hi Tulip, no discomfort too. No itch or smell too. I tried to wear cotton panty and avoid panty liner, cos panty liner seem quite warm there. hee hee..不通风

At times just abit of cramp but not that painful.. just abit of pulling feel. It will go away fast.

jowinbaby: i had discharge also..but not all the times wet kind..sometimes its abit dry one..

MayC: i oso duno the benefit of eating birdnest..but this is the time we can really indulge in bird nest..
happy.gif

Valteen,

I started taking few weeks back. One teaspoon in the morning daily. I buy those concentrated ones n keep in fridge.

Mayc,
I was told the high protein level is good for bb dev. Not very sure, but just eat them.

BlueY: maybe gynae think u low risk... No need to do? Better ask. If no need to do even better...your husband can buy shirt, u can buy dress.

Valteen I think to eat bird nest also but not started. Still too bloated and nauseous. Even my vitamin fish oil given by gynae is making me nauseous... I skipped a few days then tried again but again nauseous.

I drink tea still and Keke oscasionally coffee. It helps my appetite. My gynae says anything can but in moderation.

tulip: i just bought a bottle of birdnest from eys, cant wait to eat!

jowin: yep me too. becos of MS I cant help but take cold drinks also. But the liang stuff i still try to avoid. I tot barley is liang? I bought cherries this morn too. So tempted to eat durians!

During the initial MS stage, I had gotten so sick of 10 plus, ribena, hahaha.

zhuzhu, ya.. its like cloudy and will dry up.. at times is wet..

talk abt bird nest..yes.. its the time for us to indulge bird nest.. hahaha.. i love it.. hope i dun puke them out.. lol...

Back