(2012/01) Jan 2012

Tulip - u are not alone.. i am also still puking every now and then.. now got the feeling to liao..haizz..hope the 'torture' will end for us soon!

overthemoon - Sorry, all the aunties i know are occupied or not taking bookings for Jan due to CNY. Hope you're able to get one soon! Good luck!
happy.gif

Hi ladies
I just finished my oscars. I was quite relieved 1:2760 for my ratio. Happy Liao ... Becos 33 years old mah. Keke happy becos saw baby ...

<font color="660000">Congrats jtml!!!

Mummies, I've been feeling dizzy the whole day n my hands n legs hv a tingling feeling. Feel so strange. I've been eating n drinking so I'm puzzled about the cause of my dizziness. Anyone else experiencing this?</font>

Went see Dr Suzana... edd adjusted 11 jan..Bp 131/97 not good she say. Will be on asprin for 2 week n review on 18jul. Measurement of bb FMC will be done tomorrow... today consultation,blood test,simple scan i paid $134.

Congrats jtml...
happy.gif

I realise my cravings, wants are changing. I now do not want sweet drinks anymore. I feel sick drinking em. Now i just want plain iced water only. If not, il take ices lime juice, iced lemon tea or soursop or anything got bits of lime or lemon. No more sweet drinks.. Anyone has a change of appetite too.. Do u know why arh? N now i feel alright if i dont eat.. But once i eat n stopped, my nausea super bad, bloated n will feel this way for hours.. Is this a turn for the worse?
sad.gif

Have not seen lil bb for so long... Worried if its doing ok or not...

Jamie - oh dear.. Hope both mommy n dotter r alright now...baby crankiness is normal i guess.. Perhaps its their mini way to show their mini tantrum.. My girl has her moments too.. Trust me, can b ugly but its temporary cos no matter wat, we are their mommies... *hugz*

vanessa
most mothers should be able to breastfeed as long as they nurse baby often and on demand to stimulate and establish supply. Don't worry if your boobs don't get bigger or if your nipples don't leak - those are not indicators of whether you will be able to nurse your baby or not.

good luck with starting an exercise routine for yourself. remember to take it easy and always listen to your body. it is easy for you to get tired quickly, or overheat or get dehydrated, even if it doesn't look like you are doing a lot.

Stella I have dizziness if move too fast. Get up or lay down too fast. Be careful so u don't faint or fall over. I lost balance a few times today.

BlueY, your baby giving you some variety of choices hahaha ... Very clever ha... My one is still stuck at the era of junk... Maggie noodle and fries...

I did sign up today the FBI ... It 10% off the Oscar scan. But outpatient gynae fees nope. Keke i tried but nope. II did read that my gynae is covered but it is during the inpatient which means give birth then have discount. They have a listing of gynaes and pediatricians at the info counter. can ask for it.

Hi ladies
Another 4am post.

Vanessa: it's hard the first month bf. Need to persist and continue regular bf despite sore nipples, super sleepiness at night cos is teally 2-3h intervals and no one else can help u. And overcome the negative comments from non bf aunties who will tell you your Baby cry cos ur milk not enough, never gain weight cos not nutritious enough etc. Think it's the mindset to bf thru pregnant n persist beyond. Support from hb is impt too. So managed to totally bf my gal until one month ago supply dropped from pregnancy.

I also suddenly cannot eat dinner no appetite. Maybe it was unappetizing but even then could not force it down.

By the way yesterday simple scan bb was on the left side so what gender? today fetal measurement calculation, 1st trimester dating.

Stef- I realy hope the study is correct... my detail scan on 5th september... than can know the gender... today FMC scan...

Good AM mommies!
happy.gif

Hi echo,
Thanks for your reassurance!
happy.gif
I get breathless even just walking up a slope..haizz.. so tired and sleep is like never enough! I really need to push myself to start a simple exercise routine, else I dunno how I can make it through the pregnancy with tummy getting bigger
happy.gif

Hi Maddie,
Hope you'd have a better appetite today! even if cannot eat, try drinking milo or cereals...i survived on these when my appetite was zero
happy.gif

Thanks for your advice on bf! I know bf can be kinda stressful... I am starting to "educate" my hubby now to be super supportive if not i think i will suffer from depression! think those aunties of mine will sure have different things to 'teach' me... i will just ignore i guess, otherwise too many opinions think i will go crazy! haha :p

Aunties advise
Yup... while preggy and after u deliver, u will realise that there are so many "experts" out there that will give u all sorts of advises, weather u want them or not. They will just keep talking on and on and trying to brainwash u. Scary!!

overthemoon:

i have called up a few recently n i know some are still available for cny period assignment when i called, but i duno how "gd" they are becoz i saw "recommendation" fr the forum and i called. but in the end, i used one recommended by my hub's colleague.

so if u needcontact, do pm me. but be aware if they set the min price of angbao from u, dun engage those wif such request.

for those who have done oscar test, is it just a blood test, or blodd test cum NT? can we juz opt for bloodtest? i am supposed to do it this afternoon the oscar test...

i read that there is also Nuchal translucency (NT) scan whereby Nuchal translucency is a collection of fluid under the skin at the back of a baby's neck??????

Good morning -

Stef : the scan are mirror image yah ? - my bb scan was like on the right right, so it's left = girl ?
haha have to wait for next scan 23rd July by then i will have to take the blood test. Hope it will be ok and no need to do amniocentesis...

vanessa: i think the main thing is how determine are u on bf-ing ur bb...if u insist, those aunties won't be able to do anything oso

Jkids: NT scan is to scan the fluid thingy of bb neck..not physically draw the fluid out..not to worry..
happy.gif

I am going for my Oscar tomolo..hopefully everything will be fine.. *pray*

zhuzhu: yup agree! i will persevere! but those nagging aunties will just keep giving advice like what (X) mentioned. Think I'll ask my mom to shut them up if i cannot take it anymore..haha! :p

I realised that alot of you are doing the OSCAR. My gynae did ask me if I wanted to do a blood test for probability of Down's syndrome, but she mentioned that if the result is high risk then have to go for further invasive test of CSV or something like that..is this the same as OSCAR test?

Breastfeeding: and i also insisted that i bf only in private, ie with bb and hb and occ my mom. so everyone else were not allowed to enter the room during bf. that helped alot as it is already stressful to latch the baby. don't need strange watchful eyes and unhelpful comments lo. told hb that i am not an animal in the zoo so he helped to keep all the visitors away during bf times.

Breastfeeding - I guess the key is not to overthink or overstress about it, it comes quite naturally for mother &amp; baby in most cases, &amp; u just need to go with the flow. Post delivery, the nurses/lactation consultants at the hospitals will show you how to latch on, &amp; if baby is on TBFing, they will come by every 2-3 hours to have you latch on. I find it the most relaxing thing in the world &amp; used to fall asleep BFing even when I was seated upright. And for whatever reasons, if we cannot BF, its not a big deal, baby won't starve - there is always formula milk
happy.gif

Vanessa - The invasive test is the amniocentesis. Not the same cos it involves drawing amniotic fluid from the womb &amp; carries a small risk of miscarriage. See - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amniocentesis. Its also more ex, think TMC quoted me $1400++. Fingers crossed all of us won't have to undergo this!

Stef: hey dear.. Thx for your concern. Yes.. I've went for my Oscar and tlc called ytd to confirm low risk. And yes I did visit Eunice after that and u were right, she was kinda excited to let me know the gender. Told me it's only 70%. Will cfm in the next scan.

Saw my baby's scan and the sonographer was luffing becuz my baby keeps opening and closing it's mouth like a pacman. Haha.

And at the Gynae, it's raises it's arm up high saying hi to it's mummy n daddy. Such a wonderful experience. Hurhur

Hope everyone have such fun too!

Maddie: Thanks for sharing your experience. it's a good tip to keep all visitors away! will instruct my hubby to do that! hehe
happy.gif

MayC: I hope I'm able to find bf as relaxing as you did!
happy.gif
and you're right, there is always formula milk so no need to stress if can bf or not.. at least we know there is the alternative. I think babies my generation all grew up on formula and we seem to grow up fine!
happy.gif

Wow! amniocentesis is sooo exp! think I won't go for any of the tests..just let nature take its course and pray for a healthy baby
happy.gif
Don't worry lah you all will do fine and I'm sure none of you needs to go for the amniocentesis!
happy.gif

peanut: so cute leh your baby! makes you wanna go for the scan often to see what other actions the little one has in store for you right? I can't wait for my next scan to see how my bb is growing
happy.gif

Went for Oscar scan yterday also. Bb was naughty, refuse to lie down n even use hand o cover his nose. End up completed my Oscar scan in 3hrs and in 4 scans. Almost desperate. First two scans, bb was facing sonographer. Sonographer said bb sleeping, shake my womb also don't want to wake up. Asked me to go for lunch first. After lunch, bb was upside down, head downwards, and again hide face away from sonographer. Then last attempt, sonographer made me turn sideways, prop my tummy n voila, finally, bb wave hands n reveal his nose for sonographer to take nasal bone.

For those who doing Oscar, do look forward to it. Heard bb's heartbeat, saw the hands, fingers, spine, nose, mouth, etc n bb waving hands. Quite amazing!

Wow MayC that's expensive for TMC to quote $1400++ for amniocentesis - I did mine for about $900++ at my gynae's clinic .

Yes cross fingers we dont have to go thru it.
Once for me enough liao ...

Amniocentesis: gynea usually don't recommend you unless your blood test and OSCAR results shows a high probability of having a down syndrome baby right? Plus if you are a high risk mummy like age, family history etc. I had wanted to do it but my gynea discouraged citing I didn't cross the high risk age and there's a risk of miscarriage etc. tell me to do the OSCAR plus blood test first.

sigh... I think i am having such restless sleeps these days that my husband had been waking up every now and then to pat or comfort me. I didn't even know. He was telling me, i keep tossing and turning and sighing etc. Got him worried. Must be the very bad MS.

today lunch was good..i managed to keep my chicken rice in my stomach..follow by a bowl of pualu hitam..hope it maintain in my stomach..

Hope everyone had a good lunch!
happy.gif
feeling guilty now of having Fanta Grape..couldn't resist cold drinks leh...weather hot hot...

BLue_Y: Just read the news..very sad leh.. i feel the foster parents should be allowed to adopt the kid as they are the ones who brought him up when his parents were in jail! So sad~~ hope they will be reunited soon!
happy.gif

vanessa: I oso cannot resist cold drinks too! On &amp; off will drink alittle, my hb know abt will nag at me..sighz

blue: Ya read abt this case. My opinions are the same as vanessa, feel that boy should stay with foster parents.

piggyB: hehe..cold drinks are nice...imagine i had to stay off cold drinks when i was trying for bb, cos that's what the TCM doc says.. so for almost 3 years i lived without cold drinks leh! so cham.. now preggie liao then get to drink occasionally.. tell your hubby don't nag at you cos if cold drinks makes you happy then he'll have a happy kid! hehe :p

Hmm...why are cold drinks not allowed? I have cold juice/milk every morning &amp; ice-cream all the time (too much now)!

Vanessa &amp; piggy - yah.. My points too. It really is sad. The boy is very close to the foster family n now the mother who came out of prison n has expressed that she did not want him, will take him back. Many of the supporters believe the little boy will grow up better n happier here... I felt sad watching the video of the boy who has learnt to call mother n more..
sad.gif
hope something positive will come out of the outcome....

Vanessa, piggy, mayC- me toi like cold drinks now.. I used to hate gassy drinks but of late im drinking Fanta Grape too! Think better stop before it contributes to the calories il be developing in near future... Hehe

MayC: really envy you leh..can take cold drinks and ice cream. I couldn't take cold drinks cos the TCM doc advised that my body constitution was categorised as 'liang' so cannot aggravate further by drinking and eating cold stuff. But now once in a while got craving i will just take a few sips...also shiok!
happy.gif

BLue_Y: yup let's keep praying that the little boy will eventually be reunited with his foster family who dotes on him like their own
happy.gif

i'm not only into cold gassy drinks, i'm also into junk food *faint*
dunno why i don't have much appetite for those healthier foods, except for home cooked food which I seldom have cos we don't cook..so making a point to go back inlaws or my parent's place to eat home cooked food at least once a week.

Vanessa - I don't know if I can/cannot take cold drinks cos I have not been to a TCM Dr before &amp; don't even know what my body constitution is! Just grew up drinking cold milk/juices every morning during breakkie, so too used to it. Not sure if I should cut down for the sake of the baby though, will ask my gyne on Friday if I remember. I am not a big fan of soft drinks or junk food though, but I do love ice-cream &amp; chocolates!

For this pregnancy I am drinking more cold stuff (used to like gassy stuff at initial stage)now it's icy water as it helps to subside the urge to puke or feel nausea , althought I does make me cough at night ... so have to limit my intake.

I hide to take my cold stuff - cos my mum and hubby will nag nag nag - kekeke

hq - yup the scna pic is mirror image, so right on the pic = left of uterus = girl (According to the study)

Peanut - congrats on your oscar! i find Dr Eunice is always keen to find out gender.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Re: Lunch
i had TCC seafood olio algio for lunch just now at 2pm. It was yums now still stuffed from it. Will skip dinner tonight.

i have been skipping dinner since i was preggy.
Only have appetite for breakfast and lunch. Dinner at most 1 glass of fresh milk. Haiz... hope baby is growing well.

Looking at my week 7 scan. Baby appears to be on the left. Means GIRL.

hahah Vanessa, I agree with you. I'm so into cold drinks now and simply luv junk food (100+, fries, fried chicken.. ooohhh yum.. especially fries.. ;p) I cant help myself leh. hahah... how ah? ;p

My merlion-ing seemed to have stopped. But I still feel the bitterness in mouth after each meal. Hopefully that will go away soon too.

Now I dont like the sight &amp; taste of beef. Looks like I will be having a princess too! I prefer princes though but hb will be so happy. hahaa... men always love their little girls...

Today is my 13th week! yippee! bb jiayou!! Cant wait to see gynae next Sat!

Junk food - i used to be a junk foodie b4 this pregnancy.. Until i cant stand the smell of fried stuffs... I ate fries cos tht was my fav b4.. Feel sick so many hours afterthat.. I love ock currypuffs but the smell turn me off. Just recently my mil was so kind to buy some pastry puffs.. She didnt know im preggy yet(will tell her after nxt visit to gynae) so she place the huge plastic full in frt of me n the whiff really make me wanna vomit... I quickly ask my hubby to move it to a far corner of the kitchen...

Wish i can continue to junk like some of u...sob sob.. Ive skipped kfc for more than a month now.. Wonder how long more!!
sad.gif

Lush - my mouth also has tht after taste after meals.. Hate tht...

Blue_y: the durian ice cream is heavenly. Its almost like ur eating real durians bt frozen. I will order again nx time. M gg to try the rum raisin tt I ordered too.
happy.gif
u try ba! Since u like durians!
happy.gif

Lush: same lei, I go for blander stuff nw. Beef? Hadn't had it in quite awhile! @_@ wondering whether eat alr will feel nauseas or nt!

Peanut: ur description of e visit mks me so excited for my appt tis sat! Hahaa!
happy.gif

Just now went for FMC aka Oscar at Kkh Adc. Bb heart beat 151per minute.Crl 72.3mm, Nt 2.60mm, background risk 1:3424, adjusted risk 1:11968.Dont need to do blood test. Paid $165 incl gst. they give the momento paper report after doctor explaination.

Back