(2012/01) Jan 2012

PiggyB, the cute lil gal in yellow pot
happy.gif

hello mtb...

Am a 1st time mummy and am very excited and like you all also very looking forward to each gynea visit, currntly am 8 weeks and edd 5 feb 12 may I also be added to the list? About the ms part touch wood but I have amazingly good appettite always hungry and eating but of course do feel nausea at times but no real puking yet''cross fingers'' anyone here also like me having good appetite? actually makes me worry a little wheather am I normal with the pattern i am now. scratch head...

Hi cyy..
Welcome! Your edd is just 1 day ahead of mine
happy.gif

I also have no ms.. and just like you, always hungry.. mild nausea and no real vomit.. hi^5

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD> EDD </TD><TD>Gynae </TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Birth order</TD><TD> Predicted gender</TD><TD> actual gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Linda Lau</TD><TD>31-Dec-12</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ms Carpe Diem</TD><TD> 31-Dec-11 </TD><TD>Dr Quek Swee Chong </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littleone1705</TD><TD>1-Jan-12</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babybee</TD><TD>3-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr wk tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny Bubu</TD><TD> 4-Jan-12 </TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD></TD><TD> #3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maddie </TD><TD>7-Jan-12 </TD><TD> </TD><TD></TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheerbear</TD><TD>7-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>b_cup </TD><TD>8-Jan-12 </TD><TD>Dr Tan Hak Koon</TD><TD> SGH </TD><TD> #2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Felicia Low</TD><TD> 9-Jan-10</TD><TD> Dr Chen L.H</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stefseansharbabes</TD><TD>9-Jan-10</TD><TD> Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#4</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nickynic</TD><TD>9-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>styliciously </TD><TD>10-Jan-12 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> #3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>CT (yoyoblue)</TD><TD> 10-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Suzana</TD><TD> kkh </TD><TD>#4 </TD><TD>60%Boy-40%Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stella Rodrigues</TD><TD> 10-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr C.K. Khoo</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yong Hui</TD><TD>10-Jan-12</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>H@zel</TD><TD>10-Jan-12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut (Veronica Chau) </TD><TD>11-Jan-12 </TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tuetecotage</TD><TD> 11-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Anita</TD><TD> NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tulip7v</TD><TD>12-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr HY Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>#3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pink mommy</TD><TD>13-Jan-12</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>JTML</TD><TD>13-Jan-12</TD><TD> Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>(X) ttcx</TD><TD> 15-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Cheng JP </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Idali</TD><TD>15-Jan-12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bunnymuffin </TD><TD> 16-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD></TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anns</TD><TD>17-Jan-12</TD><TD> dr Phyllis liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly K</TD><TD> 18-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD></TD><TD> #2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amaesing</TD><TD> 19-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>HQ</TD><TD>20-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Quek Swee Peng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>TBD </TD></TR><TR><TD>May (zanie98) </TD><TD>20-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clinther</TD><TD>20-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr W.H KEE</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Echo</TD><TD>21-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jowinbaby </TD><TD>21-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Cheng LC </TD><TD></TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>50/50  </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chrysalis20</TD><TD>21-Jan-12</TD><TD> Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinko</TD><TD> 22-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>SnowWhite80</TD><TD>23-Jan-12</TD><TD> Caroline khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fionn Shoo</TD><TD>23-Jan-12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michele Xie </TD><TD>24-Jan-12 </TD><TD> Dr. Hii Hoi Chin</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lebebe</TD><TD>24-Jan-12</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>MayC </TD><TD>25-Jan-12 </TD><TD>Dr WK Tan </TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>#2 </TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhuzhu</TD><TD>25-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr SP Teo</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>H.fgaga</TD><TD>25-Jan-12</TD><TD> dr aziz sujak</TD><TD></TD><TD>#3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>PiggyB </TD><TD>26-Jan-12 </TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>#2 </TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD> 26-Jan-12</TD><TD> caroline khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blue_Y</TD><TD>27-Jan-12</TD><TD> dr eunice chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2 </TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qiqi</TD><TD>29-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gingerleaf</TD><TD>30-Jan-12</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Apple Khoo</TD><TD>31-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natty09</TD><TD>31-Jan-12</TD><TD> Dr Cheng JP</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Millie'sMum </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> #2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>SnowWhite </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> #3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chiffoncake (bigroundeyes) </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> #1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cyy</TD><TD>5-Feb-12</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyojoy</TD><TD>6-Feb-12</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>PWE</TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table>

ginger: ur so cute! Looking straight the camera, wow so young know how to pose liao! =P

cyy: No worries, you are perfectly normal. I oso eat alot &amp; feel nausea. But I oso have serious bloating at times.

<font color="aa00aa">Mommies with great OSCAR results - congrats!!
happy.gif

PHOTOGRAPHY: Jowinbaby - on maternity shots, there are a couple of recommended ones on the SMHF as well. Check them out in the bulk purchase section? And usually if you purchase in bulk with other mommies, you get a discount off the list price. I did that with Sean Lau's Photography the last time.

I also had maternity shots taken - but it was kinda R(A), so DIY by hubby! Haha, quite difficult to get the right lighting at home though. This time round, I think we won't even bother.

X- Sean Lau is a young husband &amp; wife team. Their studio is at their home. Don’t think they do maternity shots though; just baby ones if I am not wrong?

Another photographer you can consider is The Studio Loft. It's run by this lady called Maryann Koh - she is on my facebook list. Quite popular with the mommies as well.

And yes, if you can't see the gender at OSCARs, then most prob baby = a girl! Have to wait till detailed scan at week 16 to confirm.

Jowin - TMC quoted me $348++ or $380++ for OSCAR I think. Can't remember exactly. My appnt is next week. Not sure why it is more expensive than what StefShan mentioned though?

Jo Lim - on BabyPlus, you won't really be able to gauge how effective it is, cos how the child turns out would be a function of numerous other factors - genetics, mothers' nutrition pre &amp; post-delivery (if you are nursing), the amount of nurturing, luck even….but my #1 has been a pretty easy baby. Latched on from day one, self-soothes, not fussy, extremely cheerful &amp; extroverted, met the developmental goals quite abit ahead of schedule - basically in line with what the other parents commented on the BabyPlus site.

I am going to use it for #2, but also partly because I did for #1, and it would be unfair if I didn't for #2 (if it really did make a difference!) You have to be committed though - the sessions start from week 18 all the way till delivery, and you have to strap it on for 2 hours/day.

Gingerleaf - the flower pot photo is so cute! Must be difficult to get all the babies paying attention at the same time.

Ccy - don’t worry, its great that you have a good appetite. I am hungry every 2 hours too! Plus I have zero MS, so have to really make sure I don’t overeat, grow fat, plus get indigestion after that!
sad.gif
</font>

joy: High 5!!! such coincidence and moving forward we can share a lot of info throughout this first pregnancy...we must all enjoy the process and be happy mummy...

Piggyb: me too seriously bloated during week 5-7 but now subsided a bit but breast dame swollen though..

hq: thank you
happy.gif

MayC: you are the lucky few with no ms! you will enjoy the whole process more than a lot of us do.. take nutritious food lor..sometimes I also have indigestion and will have to let out a hard BURB and will fell better
happy.gif

I think i will try studio loft for maternity shots. I like their shots, very sensual.

Mayc,
i think sean is shooting from a studio now, coz he also became a daddy 1-2 yrs back, so no more shooting at home.
Oh ya! it was chaos shooting all the babies!! but so fun! lol

The way u said ur hb shoot till very RA is so funny. hhehehehe.

Studio loft
Their service... erm... i must say, depends on Maryann's mood. Plus point is it's an all female team.

Im so sleepy and drowsy.. always like this after lunch. gynae said is the utrogeston that I'm taking... How to work like tat.. zzzz

Yesterday nite drank 1 whole bottle of icy cold 100+. I know cold drinks are not so good, but i just couldnt help it!! it felt like heaven... ahhh... ;p

Lucky tomorrow is Sat and Mon I'll be on leave to rest! yippeee! I can sleep in whole day...

Wow Carpe, you have seen your gynae again ah. So good! My next appt is only in mid July. so long..
sad.gif
everyday I wonder how bb is.. is bb growing? is bb active? are bb's organs growing? is bb a boy or a girl? will only get the answer in mid July... sien...

I guess the next most impt check up for us after OSCARS is the detailed scan at week 20. Keeping fingers crossed for all mummies!

X,
u had bad experiences?
I read some bad experiences with her attitude too, but most of my frds who went to her raves abt her service. I cant comment coz never talk to her before.

wow talking abt maternity shot.. i plan to take it too coz i din hv any with #1

studio loft - yes i agree with wat X said.. i depends on M's mood.. i used to like them and visit them for every cny and xmas walk in until the last cny which she made a comment that piss me off and i stop going to them liao.

X, u plan to take maternity shot at F8? good? i am thinking too... :p

Re: Maternity shot
I was also thinking of doing it this time..since not planning to have any more kids after this.

Re: MS
My MS had subsides greatly...just had a very fully meal for a colleague farewell lunch..so far so good..no nauses feeling..

hi ladies, i just merlioned my lunch!! argh! plus i have been waking up 2-3 times every night to pee!!! even if i don't drink alot of water, i still have the urge to pee. and after waking up to pee, i have so much difficulty falling asleep. all this interrupted sleep is making me super tired and cranky.
sad.gif

@May C: i think my stomach is rather big for 12 weeks and my gynae said it's all that gas that is building up and it's ok. (to him, everything is ok! haha. the only time he got worried was when there was throbbing cramps in my abdomen)

and thanks for the tip on soya milk! But I don't even know the gender of my baby and hubz and I have decided not to find out. Guess I need to source for other forms of calcium intake.

as for the pilates/yoga classes, i am keen too. if enough mommies here decide to sign up, then it would be like a sg motherhood forum class!
happy.gif

the only headache now is whether i would be able to get a good confinement lady...seems that CNY is not a CL-friendly period.

CheerBear/X: I think F8 is good. I tried outdoor shoots with them once. Allison is pretty good. I saw one of her works for a group of july thread mummies. Beautiful! I think I would do my maternity shoots with her since i did not do for my # 1 and I am going to close shop after this. =)

Stef,
Completely no idea how to interprete.
Looking at my U/S. I dun see the placental. Only see sac/fetus.

Ginger: Yes! Sean Lau's prices are increasing but he's good. Nice photos.. the babies are so cute!
pilates/yoga: I am keen too if there's enough mommies to sign up.

X - Just hv to look at the location of your beanie at your 6 week or 7 weeks scan.
i hv a pic of my #4 6.5 week scan to show as an example. it shows my beanie is on the right of uterus.

5677819.jpg

Result
Dramatic differences were detected in chorionic villi / placental location according to gender. 97.2% of the male fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location on the right side of the uterus whereas, 2.4% had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus. On the other hand 97.5% of female fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus whereas, 2.7% had their chorionic villi/placenta location to the right side of the uterus.127 cases were found to involve bicornuate uteri with single foetuses, most male fetuses were located in the right horn of the uterus and showed right placental laterality (70%). Most female fetuses 59% on the other hand, were located in the left horn and showed left laterality (59%).Moreover, most of the males located in the left horn exhibited right laterality (89%). Also most females located in right horn exhibited left laterality (976.4%). In addition this research indicated that there was a possible link between renal pyelectasis and placental location, and it might be used as a genetic soft marker.

So Stef,
Means u are expecting a BOY!

Let me go and stare at my U/S again.

kelly - my gynae thinks its a boy at 12 week scan. but will hv to wait till 16 week scan to confirm..
i hv to dig out my #1,2,3 1st ultrasound pics to see if the position theory is correct or not.

stefsean,
was the scan u did at 6/7wks trans vaginal or trans abd? Mine was trans vaginal n look smiliar like urs, cept the waterbag looks slightly more like a mango.

So does it works for ur #1-3 scans?

Jowinbaby, ultrascan pix are mirror image of uterus. So what u see on the left side of pic is actually the right side of your uterus.

Wow, interesting theory of gender predictions. Let me know whether the results had been consistent in your earlier pregnancies?

Also many of you are intending to take pregnancy photos? Wow. I'm conservative, think I'll pass this time.

In my checkup yesterday, they checked my blood pressure and heartbeat and I was a little surprised that my heart beat is 89 bpm. My gynae smiled and said it's normal. I felt breathless while walking round a mall so decided to google on this. This is one reference I've found:

http://www.iloveindia.com/fitness/pregnancy/pregnancy-heart-rate.html

Hi all!,

Im expecting #2 in Jan 12... according to Dr woodworth... Curious to know which mummy to be staying in west area and seeing which gynae?

Gynae for #1 sucks big time, went to see Dr Woodworth &amp; find him very chop chop... having phobia will turn disasterous like #1... Any recommendation? A GP recommended Dr Chua Yang, but her rates are super high! Package is $1200+GST &amp; only starts from 4mths &amp; ends at 40wks. Oscar with down syndrome scan &amp; blood test additional $320.

Congrats icyclaw!
happy.gif

Does Dr Chua's package include the delivery charges? I think it sounds quite reasonable - am just looking at my charges (WK Tan, TMC) - $2700 with delivery fee. Excludes GST, all lab test, medication, u/s scans, OSCAR, anaesthetic fees, hospital bill. Think I can sign up for the package after week 12/16.

Pregnancy photo - I saw some photos from another mommy &amp; her friends - about 8 of them, all preggy at about 7 months &amp; they had lovely photos in a tube top &amp; flowly skirt at the botanical gardens!

Finally i can rest... ,the part time cleaner couple left ...wall fan,floor,kitchen ,curtain,window,toilets,all spick span... 4hours of hardwork paiseh i forget offer drinks..huby say i no brain...

Hi mummies, I managed to check back my 1st ultrasound scan for my previous babies, it's not so clear as my #4. One of it is also in the centre. I guess a u/s pic with the color flow will be better if the position of the beanie is not really on the left or right. The grey scale u/s pic will be useful only If the beanie is clearly on the left or right. That's my thinking from the article and from my previous kids 1st u/s pics.
The examples shown on the articles were clearly left or right beanies, so if your beanie is in the middle, I guess the color flow u/s is impt.

Monday i will be seeing my gynae at Kkh ... so will ask her bb position at which side...Now almost week 13 total spent $99.10 due to vagina scan at week 6.

<font color="660000">jowinbaby, ms carpe diem &amp; piggyb:
Thanks! So glad everything seems ok. Now just waiting for ms to totally go away so I can enjoy 2nd tri
happy.gif
</font>

CT my appointment on Monday too . All the best for your checkup.feels good to have neat and clean home right? $ well spend.

Keke did not realize scan is mirror image. Was thinking am I stupid or wat.

ML- yup the house looks like i am preparing for hari raya. $100 for 4 hours job n 2 person doing thejob.. yellow ribbon project

<font color="0077aa">Hi Mummies!

Wow! This thread has been quiet today. All mummies busy?

Just now I was lying down on my belly and I can feel a slight fluttering in my belly. I know it might be a bit early to feel bb move but I know its definitely not gas as per what my gynae told me. I think its bb telling me not to crush it (coz i was lying on my belly.) =P

My nausea feeling has become better and my already good appetite is becoming even more voracious! I hope I do not become too fat a mummy this time around! I'm hitting 11 weeks tomorrow! (^_^)

How are u mummies feeling today?</font>

May: my nausea is better..but appettite still so-so..yday came back from gynae visit..lost 1 kg..

Re: TMC SBI card
Anyone had any idea how many % discount will we get for Oscar scan if we apply for the SBI card? I am due for my scan on Wed, exactly at 11 wks

Back