(2012/01) Jan 2012

MeLim: I check with a medical hall before, the lady say the only liang teh safe to drink is chrysanthemum tea. She say barley oso not so advisable.

MeLim: I check with a medical hall before, the lady say the only liang teh safe to drink is chrysanthemum tea. She say barley oso not so advisable.

Hi Coyote
Great to hear that u are fine now. Wish u all the best to conceive again... Rest well, dear.
happy.gif

Hi piggyB, thank you very much.
I drank a whole cup of the tea last night. This morning, I googled and read online that it is actually not encouraged for pregnant lady, i feel so worry then.

Hi piggyB, thank you very much.
I drank a whole cup of the tea last night. This morning, I googled and read online that it is actually not encouraged for pregnant lady, i feel so worry then.

piggyB
I have that quickening feeling too, on week 9/10.

MeLim
I always drink those Yeo chrysanthemum tea whenever I'm outside. I guess too much is not good as is sweet. My MIL didn't said cannot drink leh.

coyote
Rest well and hope to hear your good news soon!

piggyB
I have that quickening feeling too, on week 9/10.

MeLim
I always drink those Yeo chrysanthemum tea whenever I'm outside. I guess too much is not good as is sweet. My MIL didn't said cannot drink leh.

coyote
Rest well and hope to hear your good news soon!

Peanut: Jiayou! Will be over soon!

MELim: From the gynae standpoint, he gives me at most 1 cup of coffee a day. I read online that caffeine levels in tea is half that of coffee. So a cup of tea should be ok. I don't quite know the heatiness vs liangness though, if someone can enlighten?

I wonder how is Lush and how is her OSCAR test?

Peanut: Jiayou! Will be over soon!

MELim: From the gynae standpoint, he gives me at most 1 cup of coffee a day. I read online that caffeine levels in tea is half that of coffee. So a cup of tea should be ok. I don't quite know the heatiness vs liangness though, if someone can enlighten?

I wonder how is Lush and how is her OSCAR test?

Chiffoncake
My prenatal vits also have Vit A. I did check with my obgyn, she said as long as its label as prenatal vit, is alright. If you worry, can bring the multivit to check with your ob.

Chiffoncake
My prenatal vits also have Vit A. I did check with my obgyn, she said as long as its label as prenatal vit, is alright. If you worry, can bring the multivit to check with your ob.

anns: i guess the feeling I am having is quickening? I am at week 8/9 now. I told my hb, he says could it be my stomach making noise..=P

MeLim: I think like my gynae say everything in moderation. Dun drink excessively shld be ok.

anns: i guess the feeling I am having is quickening? I am at week 8/9 now. I told my hb, he says could it be my stomach making noise..=P

MeLim: I think like my gynae say everything in moderation. Dun drink excessively shld be ok.

coyote: glad to see u are fine...;)

qiqi: I am like u, my MS subside in my 8w++..today is 9w1d..i cannot take it..so chim chye fine one gynae near my plc to check...thank goodness bb is fine..
happy.gif
if u are worry, go see ur gynae

coyote: glad to see u are fine...;)

qiqi: I am like u, my MS subside in my 8w++..today is 9w1d..i cannot take it..so chim chye fine one gynae near my plc to check...thank goodness bb is fine..
happy.gif
if u are worry, go see ur gynae

Hi all, I did my OSCAR yesterday morning at TMC. I went thru the same process as Carpe Diem (thanks for asking about me dear
happy.gif
), nurse took measurement of bb's body, limps, neck, heartbeat etc. Initially nurse said bb still young (im 11wks), why I come now (how I know, I was given the appointment! ;p) then she scanned again and said "ok la.. can try to measure". She kept a very straight face thru out, which only made me nervous. grrr... then I asked her "how how? how does it look so far??". She only gave me a "I dont comment on results, only your gynae will tell u". After reading Carpe Diam's experience and how the scan seemed to be positive, it made me worry more lor. Why cant she tell me!! What does it mean!! sigh...

So now I can only wait for the clinic to call me.. been placing the phone in front of me the whole day, waiting for phone calls. haha..

bb jiayou ok!! you will be fine.
happy.gif
happy.gif

But these few days my ms is getting worse. yesterday nite puked 3x after dinner. Felt so awful. I think I cannot eat mum's cooking for now already, shall just stick to simple biscuits and milo tonite.

mummies! we will all be ok soon and we will have beautiful bbs!!
happy.gif

Hi all, I did my OSCAR yesterday morning at TMC. I went thru the same process as Carpe Diem (thanks for asking about me dear
happy.gif
), nurse took measurement of bb's body, limps, neck, heartbeat etc. Initially nurse said bb still young (im 11wks), why I come now (how I know, I was given the appointment! ;p) then she scanned again and said "ok la.. can try to measure". She kept a very straight face thru out, which only made me nervous. grrr... then I asked her "how how? how does it look so far??". She only gave me a "I dont comment on results, only your gynae will tell u". After reading Carpe Diam's experience and how the scan seemed to be positive, it made me worry more lor. Why cant she tell me!! What does it mean!! sigh...

So now I can only wait for the clinic to call me.. been placing the phone in front of me the whole day, waiting for phone calls. haha..

bb jiayou ok!! you will be fine.
happy.gif
happy.gif

But these few days my ms is getting worse. yesterday nite puked 3x after dinner. Felt so awful. I think I cannot eat mum's cooking for now already, shall just stick to simple biscuits and milo tonite.

mummies! we will all be ok soon and we will have beautiful bbs!!
happy.gif

how are your hubbies treating you this period? I was telling hubby that I read online about how we cant eat certain things (e.g. mutton, crab etc) and how I shall err on the side of caution and avoid these stuff too, he was like "err... why u go & read all those and make yourself worry, just follow what gynae said la.". Sigh... talking about mummies being more protective about bbs than daddies.. ;p

how are your hubbies treating you this period? I was telling hubby that I read online about how we cant eat certain things (e.g. mutton, crab etc) and how I shall err on the side of caution and avoid these stuff too, he was like "err... why u go & read all those and make yourself worry, just follow what gynae said la.". Sigh... talking about mummies being more protective about bbs than daddies.. ;p

Lush: Was the u/s images flashed on a screen for you (aside from the computer screen that the sonographer looks at)? Coz as she measures, I can see the results on the screen she was getting too (e.g thickness of NT, length of bb, diameter of head etc).

If so, do you remember any measurements?

Maybe the sonographer is those type who don't want to comment too much coz don't want to be caught with the wrong word or to be accountable for anything... so it can be ok, just that the sonographer's personality itself.

Also, results require combination of blood test and NT scan, so we don't know yet.

And yes, we'll have beautiful bbs!
happy.gif

Lush: Was the u/s images flashed on a screen for you (aside from the computer screen that the sonographer looks at)? Coz as she measures, I can see the results on the screen she was getting too (e.g thickness of NT, length of bb, diameter of head etc).

If so, do you remember any measurements?

Maybe the sonographer is those type who don't want to comment too much coz don't want to be caught with the wrong word or to be accountable for anything... so it can be ok, just that the sonographer's personality itself.

Also, results require combination of blood test and NT scan, so we don't know yet.

And yes, we'll have beautiful bbs!
happy.gif

Hello Mummies!

Lush: Baby will be fine. Think its just protocol that they will not tell you anything before passing the report to your Gynae. And some nurses/ medical personnel tend to stick more to the protocols than others. =P

Just ate 2 slices of bread this morning and feel so bloated! Like as if the bread is stuck halfway to my stomach.

Am starting to get worried about how I will cope after bb's born. Stressed... Coz #1 was 9 years ago and my mum then was less old and less grumpy. Now my mum is duper grumpy and refuse to help me look after #2. Guess I'll have to depend on myself then... =(

Any mummies out there having pre-natal jitters like me?

Hello Mummies!

Lush: Baby will be fine. Think its just protocol that they will not tell you anything before passing the report to your Gynae. And some nurses/ medical personnel tend to stick more to the protocols than others. =P

Just ate 2 slices of bread this morning and feel so bloated! Like as if the bread is stuck halfway to my stomach.

Am starting to get worried about how I will cope after bb's born. Stressed... Coz #1 was 9 years ago and my mum then was less old and less grumpy. Now my mum is duper grumpy and refuse to help me look after #2. Guess I'll have to depend on myself then... =(

Any mummies out there having pre-natal jitters like me?

Lush >> actually my hubby says the same thing and i must say i do agree. its not that they are not proactive but sometimes when u hear too many comments u get to worry irself too much for nothing. if certain fds or practice is really so harmful to us or baby, im sure gynae will warn us. so sometimes ignorance is bliss.. having said that i also read forum n complain to him here n there la.. haha

Lush >> actually my hubby says the same thing and i must say i do agree. its not that they are not proactive but sometimes when u hear too many comments u get to worry irself too much for nothing. if certain fds or practice is really so harmful to us or baby, im sure gynae will warn us. so sometimes ignorance is bliss.. having said that i also read forum n complain to him here n there la.. haha

Hi Lush,

Yes, I agree with Carpe. Maybe the songrapher don't want to comment something that might result you getting worried.

I just had my Oscar test done on last sat (also wk 11). Guess what, the sonographer couldn't do the measurement for me as I was told that the bb was not in a favorable position for her to do the measurement. She tried to make the bb shift position by asking me to turn my body to the left side and tried coughing..but to no avail.. all this while, 3 of us (sonographer, my hubby and myself) could see from the screen that the bb wasn't moving AT ALL. The consolation is that we could see the heart beating..
So she told me to get my blood test done and come back for the scan again 30mins later. She did comment that it's no guarantee that i might be able to do the screening if the bb does not change the position.

Imagine the "???" in my hubby's and my head while i went to have my blood test done.. Throughout the 30mins, I tried walking up the stairs, pacing here and there, patting my stomach and telepany with bb...hoping that the bb will move and shift to a "favorable" position.

Thank God, the Sonographer was able to do the measurement during our 2nd attempt. Like what Carpe has describe, the sonographer has taken a few measurement on the thickness of the NT. While doing the measurement on the bb head, she will tell me that this is the brain, the skull, etc. We even saw a Cyst.

Conclusion: My Sonographer don't really comment unless you ask her.eg,
- she din say likely we are not able to take the measurement earlier because the bb was still sleeping?!
- she told me its a cycst after i ask her what was the other black empty circle other than the one that house my bb? and was also told that it should have regress since the placenta is there to provide the nutritions. anyway, she made a note so that my gynae would be kept informed.

Finally, I got my results on Tues and is given a Clear for my Oscar Test.
happy.gif

I bet your bb will be fine too
happy.gif

Hi Lush,

Yes, I agree with Carpe. Maybe the songrapher don't want to comment something that might result you getting worried.

I just had my Oscar test done on last sat (also wk 11). Guess what, the sonographer couldn't do the measurement for me as I was told that the bb was not in a favorable position for her to do the measurement. She tried to make the bb shift position by asking me to turn my body to the left side and tried coughing..but to no avail.. all this while, 3 of us (sonographer, my hubby and myself) could see from the screen that the bb wasn't moving AT ALL. The consolation is that we could see the heart beating..
So she told me to get my blood test done and come back for the scan again 30mins later. She did comment that it's no guarantee that i might be able to do the screening if the bb does not change the position.

Imagine the "???" in my hubby's and my head while i went to have my blood test done.. Throughout the 30mins, I tried walking up the stairs, pacing here and there, patting my stomach and telepany with bb...hoping that the bb will move and shift to a "favorable" position.

Thank God, the Sonographer was able to do the measurement during our 2nd attempt. Like what Carpe has describe, the sonographer has taken a few measurement on the thickness of the NT. While doing the measurement on the bb head, she will tell me that this is the brain, the skull, etc. We even saw a Cyst.

Conclusion: My Sonographer don't really comment unless you ask her.eg,
- she din say likely we are not able to take the measurement earlier because the bb was still sleeping?!
- she told me its a cycst after i ask her what was the other black empty circle other than the one that house my bb? and was also told that it should have regress since the placenta is there to provide the nutritions. anyway, she made a note so that my gynae would be kept informed.

Finally, I got my results on Tues and is given a Clear for my Oscar Test.
happy.gif

I bet your bb will be fine too
happy.gif

Joyojoy : Back from gynea visit today… Change of EDD to 24/1/12, TBC, TMC, #1. Please help to update
happy.gif

MayC : probably we will bump into each other
happy.gif

Qn: Dr suggest that I go for Amnio test directly instead of Oscar, rather then Amnio again later if failed.. Anyone in similar situation too? At first, I totz only Oscar after reading Mscarpediem & Lush experience….

lebebe
i have to skip oscar coz' i will be away during Wk 11-15, so my dr asked me am I the type who will keep the bb regardless the result or wanted to know the result n then make decision. I am the latter, so she proceed to book amnio test for me.

Zhuzhu, oh! Okay I will visit a Gynae soon! Anybody knows if there are any after 6.30pm?

Melim, really?? Same day as me!! 29 Jan edd?

Carpe Diem, oh was there another screen? ;p I was just staring at this u/s screen where you could see the bb as she measures. I didnt know there was another screen or maybe I wasnt looking as I was busy staring at bb. ;p She was just pointing out to me "this are the legs, this is the head, this is where I need to measure..". Then she spotted the fingers and froze the screen & typed "fingers". I found it hilarious that she has to indicate that it's fingers as she didnt do it for other parts of the body. hheee...

Felicia, my EDD is 9 Jan. our results will be fine!
happy.gif

lebebe, my colleague's gynae (fr TMC) did not ask her to do OSCAR too. I was telling her about OSCAR, she even asked me what's that. She said her gynae only asked her to do Amnio which she did in her 5th or 6th mth. She said it's v painful and she had to kept so still, it was quite nerve wreaking. My gynae suggested OSCAR so I agreed...

Lush: my hb will nag at me if i eat food that is not so "good" for me & bb. But if i really insist on eating, he will ask me to eat abit just to satisfy my craving.

Hi qiqi,

You are also 29Jan? Anyway, my gynae will reconfirm my EDD again next visit, my previous visit to him I was only 6weeks, he said a bit too early to tell.
Sometimes I think I worry a lot, as I hardly got ms or any other pregnancy symptom, cant wait till the next appointment.

Lush : can imagine the pain (ouch-ouch)
sad.gif
there's a cartoon illustration, showing needle from our belly into womb... I wonder if they use anathesia???

lebebe
are you asking me when is my amnio test? 1 day before national day. :p so my PIL can takecare my son for 2 days since hubby is away for buz trip. My Dr recommended rest 2 days after the test.

My friend who did her amnio said very fast and feels like injection as long as the BB cooperated coz they need to make sure the needle is away from the BB.

I read abt amnio, it seems quite painful. I am needle-phobia, so i dun think i will go for amnio unless my gynae really recommends me to go for it. But I will most likely do OSCAR.

hi all,

i have been reading this for the past month.
thank you for all the good information that i have been getting and also the sleepless/wee hours peeing (cant go bk to bed) company.

Coyote -the first time when i log into this page, i noticed you. those link that you posted back in May. i was telling myself, wow she is so helpful cos back then everything was so new and there was just no one whom i could ask around for anything. though we never spoke before but still im glad i saw you here today and you are coping well, i just have to log in to acknowledge your helpfulness. somehow when i see your nick i cannot remain as a silent reader anymore. take care.

im currently 9w2d.

Back