(2012/01) Jan 2012

Pinko: Yes I had! I had just written q a detailed post on the process. Would you look for the post from me today, time at 2.03pm? I don't want to bog down this thread with too much repeated info.
happy.gif

The process of inserting a long needle I think is true for amnio and CVS. OSCAR is just a screening test so it's just doing blood testing to look for indicators as well as a detailed u/s scan

Pinko,
That is Amino test. Needle inserted to draw water from amino sac.

Oscar is just very detailed ultrasound to check the NT thickness and blood tests.

Pinko,
That is Amino test. Needle inserted to draw water from amino sac.

Oscar is just very detailed ultrasound to check the NT thickness and blood tests.

Joyojoy: Yes yes! Soon! The weeks will fly by!

In the meantime, rest, eat well, exercise a little (eg short walks) and take good care of yourself. You'll see the bb grow like this too!

Joyojoy: Yes yes! Soon! The weeks will fly by!

In the meantime, rest, eat well, exercise a little (eg short walks) and take good care of yourself. You'll see the bb grow like this too!

mscarpediem - wow, think the rest of us are eagerly waiting for our detailed scan during the Oscar too! Mine is in 2.5 wks!!

Meanwhile, am at the airport, waiting for my flight. Sian.

Chiffoncake - if u are craving beef, baby is most prob a boy! I had alot of burger king beef burgers when preggy with no 1 (a boy)

mscarpediem - wow, think the rest of us are eagerly waiting for our detailed scan during the Oscar too! Mine is in 2.5 wks!!

Meanwhile, am at the airport, waiting for my flight. Sian.

Chiffoncake - if u are craving beef, baby is most prob a boy! I had alot of burger king beef burgers when preggy with no 1 (a boy)

MayC: Hv a good and safe trip!

Blue_Y: Yes, it's as what (x) has said. 1st trimester screening is mainly to screen for DS, spinal defects and 2 other chrosomal defects Edward and Turner I believe.

MayC: Hv a good and safe trip!

Blue_Y: Yes, it's as what (x) has said. 1st trimester screening is mainly to screen for DS, spinal defects and 2 other chrosomal defects Edward and Turner I believe.

Hi,
Any ladies given birth at gleneagles b4?

What was the total bill size? I'm switching over to gleneagles when I reach 12 weeks of my pregnancy.. I'm in my 9 weeks now..

I am 25 years old this year and contemplating whether I should do the OSCAR test thingy.. Any advice? Should I or shouldn't I?

Hi,
Any ladies given birth at gleneagles b4?

What was the total bill size? I'm switching over to gleneagles when I reach 12 weeks of my pregnancy.. I'm in my 9 weeks now..

I am 25 years old this year and contemplating whether I should do the OSCAR test thingy.. Any advice? Should I or shouldn't I?

silsilly: usually they recommend if ur family has history.. that time i preg w #1, i was 24, i didnt do. hehe! =)

ms carpe diem: can the oscar actually check for gender as well? they cldnt tell u the test results on the spot huh? how long do u have to wait? as i read ur post, im so excited to see my bub too!! hehe! i was the one who mentioned quickening! =)

silsilly: usually they recommend if ur family has history.. that time i preg w #1, i was 24, i didnt do. hehe! =)

ms carpe diem: can the oscar actually check for gender as well? they cldnt tell u the test results on the spot huh? how long do u have to wait? as i read ur post, im so excited to see my bub too!! hehe! i was the one who mentioned quickening! =)

Silsilly: It's a decision you and your hubby have to make together. Take note that OSCAR has a 90% accuracy rate and 5% rate of giving false positive results (eg telling you your child is high risk but actually the child is ok)

We decided to take OSCAR because it does not hv risks of harming bb (amnio n cvs has 1 in 300 chance of miscarriage) and we hope to be reassured by the results so that we can hv a happier pregnancy.

Some of my friends opt not to take because they will keep the child irregardless and can be at peace through the pregnancy period not knowing the results.

Your age is young so I think for you risks are v low?

Silsilly: It's a decision you and your hubby have to make together. Take note that OSCAR has a 90% accuracy rate and 5% rate of giving false positive results (eg telling you your child is high risk but actually the child is ok)

We decided to take OSCAR because it does not hv risks of harming bb (amnio n cvs has 1 in 300 chance of miscarriage) and we hope to be reassured by the results so that we can hv a happier pregnancy.

Some of my friends opt not to take because they will keep the child irregardless and can be at peace through the pregnancy period not knowing the results.

Your age is young so I think for you risks are v low?

Jamie: Whoo, so it's you!
happy.gif
it'll be exciting when we feel it right? Looking forward to it!

I believe the u/s scan is detailed enough so if the child turns to face the u/s scanner or something, it has the capability to detect (i think only.) My child after turning from face down to face up, never turn to face the scanner leh. The sonographer also has other things she's tasked to measure, so she wasn't paying attention to finding out the gender, heh.

I didn't wait long (15min?) coz my appt is one of the first in the morning. Those after me may have had longer waits.

Jamie: Whoo, so it's you!
happy.gif
it'll be exciting when we feel it right? Looking forward to it!

I believe the u/s scan is detailed enough so if the child turns to face the u/s scanner or something, it has the capability to detect (i think only.) My child after turning from face down to face up, never turn to face the scanner leh. The sonographer also has other things she's tasked to measure, so she wasn't paying attention to finding out the gender, heh.

I didn't wait long (15min?) coz my appt is one of the first in the morning. Those after me may have had longer waits.

mscarpediem: first tot is : wah lau, so much gas in tummy! hahaah! aft tt u realise the feeling is further down the abdomen whr bb is at then u high n call ur hubs to tell him abt it. wahahha! i mean, i did that la. hahaha!!! u knw somehow this #2 im considering abit more to scan lei, duno y.. maybe cuz im not 24 anymore? hahaa!

blue_y the PT maid is at my plc now! she was here at 115pm. now washing toilet. =) she's very young, carry backpack and wear skirt. my mum tot she's a student. =) but she quite nice lei, she likes my girl and carried her twice. my girl also keep looking for her. lol!

mscarpediem: first tot is : wah lau, so much gas in tummy! hahaah! aft tt u realise the feeling is further down the abdomen whr bb is at then u high n call ur hubs to tell him abt it. wahahha! i mean, i did that la. hahaha!!! u knw somehow this #2 im considering abit more to scan lei, duno y.. maybe cuz im not 24 anymore? hahaa!

blue_y the PT maid is at my plc now! she was here at 115pm. now washing toilet. =) she's very young, carry backpack and wear skirt. my mum tot she's a student. =) but she quite nice lei, she likes my girl and carried her twice. my girl also keep looking for her. lol!

Jamie: Wah sounds so exciting, looking fwd to it! When did you have your feeling of quickening? Number of weeks into pregnancy?

Whichever decision you make to scan or not, as long as tgere's agreement w your hubby, will be a good one! Actually, it sounds like you're still young, so risk not high? I'm in my 30s leh...

Jamie: Wah sounds so exciting, looking fwd to it! When did you have your feeling of quickening? Number of weeks into pregnancy?

Whichever decision you make to scan or not, as long as tgere's agreement w your hubby, will be a good one! Actually, it sounds like you're still young, so risk not high? I'm in my 30s leh...

Jamie - haha.. My mil first saw her 15mins before the arranged time waiting under my block n thot who. She also said doesnt look like maid.. Haha. But shes 28 yrs old... N yah.. My girl also like her. Always wanna go kitchen n peek n smile at her. My friend who recommend me says her baby dotter also like this girl too.. Haha..

Jamie - haha.. My mil first saw her 15mins before the arranged time waiting under my block n thot who. She also said doesnt look like maid.. Haha. But shes 28 yrs old... N yah.. My girl also like her. Always wanna go kitchen n peek n smile at her. My friend who recommend me says her baby dotter also like this girl too.. Haha..

Ms Carpe Diem: I can feel ur excitement...
happy.gif

Today not feeling abit well, yday keep sneezing..then this morning abit feverish..think drink too much milo liao..actually wanted to check if my gynae had slot of me today..but he busy..then tot of going to another gynae nearby my plc..the clinic close in the afternoon..hiaz..i told hb wan to spend $$ on u/s oso no gynae wan..so LL go see GP and get some medicine..have to guai guai wait till next wk for my next scan

Ms Carpe Diem: I can feel ur excitement...
happy.gif

Today not feeling abit well, yday keep sneezing..then this morning abit feverish..think drink too much milo liao..actually wanted to check if my gynae had slot of me today..but he busy..then tot of going to another gynae nearby my plc..the clinic close in the afternoon..hiaz..i told hb wan to spend $$ on u/s oso no gynae wan..so LL go see GP and get some medicine..have to guai guai wait till next wk for my next scan

mayC, i have breakout on my whole face & ms whole day & sudden crazy craving as well as eating non stop!! if im ugly & its a boy, then being ugly is worth it. coz i heard having if having a girl, mother is pretty!! but am not thus am so depressed when i saw myself in mirror.

mayC, i have breakout on my whole face & ms whole day & sudden crazy craving as well as eating non stop!! if im ugly & its a boy, then being ugly is worth it. coz i heard having if having a girl, mother is pretty!! but am not thus am so depressed when i saw myself in mirror.

my 1st and 2nd boy - i Was sooo radiance and look very healthy and very active , hair also very good.

3rd Boy - Very Ugly pimples all over the face but very active , hair drop like winter leaves.

4th (?) - Very Sick, pimples over the face,hair drop and NO ACTIVE ... But few people say i look good cause i dress up..

I think it is the MR HORMONE playing the games not because of the gender... Baby only take all the nutrition from the food we eat inorder for them to grow and ready to see the earth..

my 1st and 2nd boy - i Was sooo radiance and look very healthy and very active , hair also very good.

3rd Boy - Very Ugly pimples all over the face but very active , hair drop like winter leaves.

4th (?) - Very Sick, pimples over the face,hair drop and NO ACTIVE ... But few people say i look good cause i dress up..

I think it is the MR HORMONE playing the games not because of the gender... Baby only take all the nutrition from the food we eat inorder for them to grow and ready to see the earth..

Back