(2011/12) Dec 2011

SQin: Congrats on recovery!

Im using drypers - love it. No leakage. But then again he always poo at the same timing, so we immediately change him after...

enivi: I have a pigeon manual pump to use in the day, so far still ok...at 5th hr can get abt 200ml in 15-20mins.

But why not get a single electric pump? Or a 2nd hand one? 45mins of manual express is very tiring leh~

Curry: Ouh, dont worry, i think the antibiotic in our milk can take care of it, right? Anyway you take good care of yourself!

Bubbles: Agreed on the brown rice tea! And i also dont like PIS, too noisy. =D

Mummies' hair loss

-Mine also started liao. Cut my hair short short, at least not so messy seeing the hairs on the floor. Still using normal shampoo, like pantene, cos its hormonal change, not that we r balding. I hope. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby hair loss

-My gal also dropping hair like crazy. Curry, I dun intend shave her. I know some frens who shave their bbs hair, in the end till one year old still not much hair. my #1 then also dropped hair like crazy, n with cradle cap somemore lagi ugly. But I iust left it alone.

Cradle cap

- Any bb kanna cradle cap? Mine did. Hopefully she dun shed hair too badly like her sis.

Pump

-enivi, that's another good 3 months more of daily pumping. If u invest now, u might even decide go beyond 6months? Jiayou.

Night diaper

-Do u mummies still change diaper for those in the middle of night feed? Any bbs sleep through liao? And do u still put diaper cream on bbs bum after every diaper change?

Latching

-My gal nowadays expect me do stunt when latching her. I have to walk around while latching her! Urgh. I sit, she will arch her back, cry n refuse to feed though it's past feeding time. Any mummies in same situation? Why like that huh? I too lenient w her huh.

SQin, I always think that different diapers work best for different babies due to each baby's different anatomical shape. For instance, my colleague swear by Huggies, but my girl will leak everytime I put her on Huggies. Huggies Ultra is ok for her though.

Enivi, I'm using avent manual pump. I got the electric pump 5 years ago, I think dead by now. :p

As my work requires me to walk around, so I'll be pumping in different toilets or rooms every time. Hence I need to carry my pump with me all the time and just pump when I have time or can find a place. Carrying the electric pump around too heavy already, so I've always been using the manual one.

Yup, using hands to squeeze until thumb ache. But don't worry, it'll go away once we stop bf. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Curry, I also kena gastric flu bug from my older girl 2 months ago. In the end the whole family got it except baby. I guess it's because of the antibodies in bm and I always wash/ sanitise my hands before touching her. But bm supply dropped a lot after that.

Take care!

Bubbles, hair will drop one, usually starts at 4 months for me. If I remember correctly, should last 1 to 2 months leh.

Yoyosan, my #2 had cradle cap. I got her the cradle cap shampoo from guardian, used about 2 weeks ok already.

I put diaper cream at every change. KS la. I'll feel her diapers during night feeds, if full, will change, not full then wait till morning.

My boy had cradle cap earlier, now no more already. I use mustela shampoo for cradle cap. Maybe that helped. I still use desitin at every diaper change. Thought as long as they're in diapers should continue using? I've stopped changing diapers at night, unless he poops. I get diaper leaks too, when he does his major poops (I'm using pampers). At first thought we never wear properly, but still leak from the back after tightening leh. Now I always stand by a cloth nappy to line under his diaper when he does his morning business.

enivi,

Ya same i also using avent manual pump. I alway hor pump 10 mins each side than i stop le. Working cnt pump too long.Mine de also not much leh i only can supply my baby 2 feeds den after work i will latch him all de way lor.I also think should be stopping in 6 months.

bubbles_c,

i no choice i got to pump inside toilet ley so use manual pump lor.

Yoyosan,

I going shave my baby hair nx week during his 4th mth anyway he also keep dropping hair. I very bad i tell hubby i feel my baby like a dog now because sometime when i latch him lying down when i let him lie on bed i see my arm got his hair really like dog fur dropping haha.Ya and my baby cradle cap quite serious so i was thinking see shave le will improve.

Yi chin,

Think of using de manual pump to do arm exercise haha.

i din know babies can actually drop hair too... hahahaha...

my bb's hair is growing randomly... some area has hair, some area has longer hair, some area no hair still...so she looks kind of funny now.. wahahaha.... ;p

yoyo:

my bb has cradle cap on her head and eyebrows... when she was 1 mth plus to abt 2mths... i apply olive oil on her head, the cradle cap portion & her 2 eyebrows, leave it on for abt 15 mins, then bring her to shower.... after a short while, disappear totally liao... shampoo wise i m using the mustela 2-in-1.

jas:

ur bb also turning 4 mths next week? mine too... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hmm... i hv the opposite case of urs... when i latch bb, i always see my hair dropping all over her... wahahaha... so got to kip picking up e hair n throw it away... scare she accidentally put into her mouth...

been vacuuming my rm every other day or so... cham... hair drop like running tap.... trying my best not to look at the floor... ;)

yi chin:

u r really a gd mother.. i skip the nappy rash cream already... i try not to tighten her diapers too much... but stil i mus agree tat if every change we apply nappy rash cream its defnitely gd for our babies... ok, i shall try to start doing it from the next diaper change session...

as for night time changing diapers, usually if bb sleeping i wont change.. wait until she wake up for night feed then change... if no wake up, then zzz thru next morn....

i still using barrier cream during each diaper change..try to minimize the change of diaper rash..

If ds wakes up at night for feed then i will change him else i just let it be..change his diaper when he wakes up in the morning.. sometimes he can sleep throughout..sometimes he cant...

Ds still got cradle cap..but it seems to get better..so i just leave it alone.. hee going to shave him botak after 4th mth..think with no hair easier to settle the cradle cap issue.. =p

Bubbles, ejunko, Yi chin,

Ya.. Praying hard that she will not get it.. I'm wearing mask when she's around.. Don't dare to get too close to her.. Miss kissing her.. Hahaa..

Then I will not shave her hair..

Poseidon,

Thanks for e info, luckily I'm not using tollyjoy milk bags.

Yoyosan:

Shave hair - im keeping my son's hair, cant bear to shave leh. Looking forward to cutting mohawk together with him! *rawrrr*

Diaper cream - We stop applying long ago. Dont want to put so much chemical on him either. Yup, still change diapers at night eventho he slps through. I'll change in the dark on his crib.

Cradle Cap: Mine has abit on his eyebrows previously. Now no more le. Am using Mustela 2 in 1 - love it.

Curry: Awww, resist resist lol.

poseidon_gal: OMT thanks for sharing!

yoyosan..tollyjoy recall their milk bag stating that there might be some foreign material in the milk bag.. advise mummies to discard all milk that are already in the milkbag..

It is in today Straits time..

Mummies:

Anyone cooks now? I am sick of eating outside food...but dont know how to cope looking after baby and cook my own meals. Any mama got tips?

Anyone owns Happycall pans?

Any reviews on thermal magic pots?

thanks poseidon for the info.... i haven buy any milk bags yet.. but intend to get some from korean brand....

ejunko:

i dun cook... but my mum cooks.. cos i stay with my mum... but then again, i have several frens who have bought the happycall pans... n they are superb happy with it! cos easy to clean and no nid to use oil to cook... from spaghetti to pop corn to food ingredients, its really damn easy.......... can even bake cakes somemore! i am going to get one soon, from gmarket! :D

Ejunko, I can't wait to see ur new hair style. Guess I hv a year or so before I see it bah. Lol.

Poseidon, thanks for sharing. So wasted, for mummies who stored the milk. V wasted cos of manufacturer.

Meals

-Ejunko, I order tingkat. No diff from eating outside food but at least deliver to my doorstep n they decide menu. Haha. But ur boy got standard time, easy for u to whip up a feast while he sleeps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sounds like many bbs sleep through the nite now. But, wat u gals meant by sleep through? From 8-8 without milk?

Bubbles, ejunko, I also tempted get the pan. Sounds so wonderful. BUt, everyday eat same style cooking from the pan also sian eventually. I moutain-tortoise, but wats gmarket?

Bubbles_c,

Ya I am looking forward to his 4th mth. We got a tradition he will be sitting de walker and eating mian Xian wonder wat will his reaction be when he got his 1st taste of food .

Ejunko,

R u working? If not you can just brew some soup. When I haven't go back work I normally will brew a pot of soup when boil jus in small fire let it cook for few hrs den can eat with rice. Now I go back work only cook during weekend le. I have de happy call I love using it to cook salmon I Pan fried until both side golden brown den I add in teriyaki sauce and cook for a while and is ready to eat. Nice and no oil needed.

yoyo:

gmarket is a website where they sell all kinds of things... u can see at www.gmarket.com.sg

There is an iphone app for gmarket too.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sometimes u can find really cheap stuffs up there.. but b4 u buy anything jus make sure u read up on the reviews to see if the seller is trustworthy....

for the HCP, happycallpan, my friend order 8 pcs from this seller call Biz J (BJ), and it is reliable.

beware, there may be pirated stuffs on gmarket... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so be careful of wat u buy.... for me, i am not tat good.. so usually i ask my hubby to screen through for me... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i dun tink u will get bored with the HCP cos u decide how u wanna cook the food.... i guess u cant steam with HCP, but then again i may be wrong... so trial and error ba.. wahahaha..... my fren says there is a website which u can gets lots of recipes from cooking with HCP... ;)

sleep through, i guess its sleeping all the way without waking up for milk..... my bb last night slept from 1030pm til 5am for milk..... and then this morn slept from 830am til 1pm! gosh! she din cry for milk.. n i overslept as well..... chamz..!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

omg jas.... tat sounds so interesting!

hmm... 4 mths old can eat mian xian?????? serious????? i will be very keen to see ur pictures of ur little darling sitting in the walker n eating mian xian!

OH YA, mommies.... i keep forgetting to inform u all...

Gleneagles Hosp is organizing this weaning talk by Nestle on a few dates: 21/4, 9/6, 29/9, 20/10, 10/11, 8/12.

Its FREE admission... located at Gleneagles Hosp Level 3, lecture theatre.

U can call 6588 3048 to register ur seats or email registration to [email protected]

Just indicate the following in ur email:

1. Your Name

2. Your email

3. Your DOB

4. Your IC

5. Your mailing address

6. Your postal code

7. Your house phone / mobile phone

8. Baby's name

9. Baby's DOB (optional)

10. Baby's Gender

11. Baby's Birth Cert number

12. Date of talk that u are attending

* Note: if you are bringing your baby, he/she is to be under supervision of an adult at the foyer outside the lecture theatre. *

Bubbles_c,

No la not really eat jus taste is a tradition in hokkien we call 'kui cuo' mean baby can eat solid food le but think will only give him eat porridge when he is 6 mths.

Bubbles: Did your gf get any discounts from getting 8pcs in one shot? You think if more of us get can get discounts? Lol.

yoyosan: Lol i will upload the pics of our new hairstyle when its done haha.

Sleep through means no more night waking loh. Mine slps around 11pm to 7am +/-.

You wanna get the pan too?? Not same style, got lots of variety, My gf sent me a list of recipe to tempt me. Wahsai can make muachee somemore!

Jas: Mian xian?? Lol, ours is drumstick. So funny to let our lil bogay taste our food =D

My colleague passed me about 10 tollyjoy milk bag last year, so I've already used them in dec and baby had already drank the milk in feb!

Ejunko, I cooked lunch a few times, then got fed up with washing the pots and cleaning the stove after, so now I da bao back already. Too much hassle to cook.

Curry, how have u been managing without husband around? Any help with ur baby?

Bubbles, ya order more got discount? Haha. Oh thx for info on gmarket. So u getting from who?

Ejunko, yeah, I quite interested get the hcp. How much u know? Shall we ask our frens see if can get more people n more discount? If any lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies: my colleague was also telling me about the happycal pan. Can make so many different things and so convenient etc. She also bought from someone in Gmarket. But I didn't get la. Now surviving on tingkat for dinner & go downstairs walk walk and packet lunch or eat at coffeeshop if baby is in good mood.

Jas & ejunko: interesting traditions, just put mian xian/drumstick next to babies mouth? My mum & mum-in-law didn't mention anything so will start with rice cereal =) when do u all intend to start introducing solids?

Ejunko,

Where to get de HCP recipes huh?

Ya i think their 1st taste of food will be cute.

Yuet sim,

I also dun koe all tis my in law also but because my baby taken care by my ah Yi now so I just follow her tradition lor. I also not sure when to start with solid food . Thinking should start with cereals or directly start with porridge ?

Ejunko, then bb from evening till 11pm do wat? Nap?

Jas, recommended start solids from 6mos. Some bbs can start earlier, from 4mos, depend on individual development n pd's recommendation. First food is rice cereal. Easier on bb's digestive system. Gradually then increase more types. Initially they take v little, more for intro to food and learning how to swallow instead of just liquid milk.

Tangerine: WOOOHOO! Well done!

Yi Chin: Lol im pretty ok with washing...at most wait till hubby come home then wash ahahhaha

Yuet_sim: Interesting hor...we didnt know until grams mentioned. Solid wise, will consult PD first then decide.

Jas: I think they gotten it from HCP facebook page. You want the recipe? I can email to you.

Yoyosan: I think around S$70+/-? Got different type one right? My gfs all bought liao except me! Lol.

Erm, ya nap loh. His feeding schedule is 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm. Then slp at 11pm to the next day loh.

But these days he nap shorter le, maybe 1.5hrs max will wake up and play.

Mummies:

Baby 4th month still needs that much slp or not ah? Or still let them slp as much as they want?

Ejunko, re hcp, I dunno if there r many types. But I think got different sizes? My gf says even the small is quite heavy for her. Eh I no muscle woman lei, if pan + food weights a ton, my wrist sure gone.

Ejunko: yours is really a model baby! Eats every 3h, naps 1.5h and sleeps through the night!! A lot of us will kill for that kind of schedule!

tangerine, ur baby growing so fast and well!

ejunko, if he wants to sleep, don't wake him up, if not he may become cranky.

Hi mummies,

I guess many of you mummies are like me already went back to work. Can share how do you all keep your milk pump equipment (breast shield & etc) clean for the next pump in the afternoon? Currently I keep these stuff in a ziplock back only rinse with tap water after use. I'm wondering whether is it hygienic enough.

Hi Shirley, I put my pump equipments in a box container. After pump I wash everything in the container then leave it to stand in hot water. Before pumping, I rinse them in hot water again.

Shirley, I use the same method as SQin, store in Tupperware, bring a small bottle of bottle cleanser to wash, then soak in hot water for a while.

There is also a kind of sterilizing bag that can be thrown into the microwave to sterilize ur pump parts. Think 1 bag can only be used for a certain no. of time, not cheap also. Mothercare got sell.

Hi mummies, i thought my bb had gone past the cradle cap period cos the yellowish flaky stuff fell off his head. He used to scratch his head alot so i applied aqueous moisturiser on his head as adviced by the polyclinic doctor. But now i see light white flakes on his head. Is it also cradle cap or dandruff? His hair is growing out finely and the only time we wash his head is when he showers in johnsons baby peach bath.

Ejunko: Your efforts to train him really paid off hor...I didnt have the patience to do so and am soooo suffering under my bb's random feeding/sleeping schedule. Want to sleep also must cry like kenna beaten "_" His current fixed timing is sleeping at 8pm and MUST latch on..

Shirley, i bring 2 sets of funnels as i pump twice at work. Then bring home to wash & sterilise (i have 2 pumps - at home and in office). But i might explore washing and using microwave bag to sterilise in office.

Hi Shirley, I got my box container from Daiso, $2 only.. Hee. I also have a box at home so I throw all the pump stuff and milk bottles and wash in it before putting into steriliser.

Girltradester, my mum applied olive oil (for body ones) on bb's scalp then slowly clear the cradle cap. But now I dun see the white flakes as u mentioned. Oh.. Maybe u want to try training ur baby... Then easier for everyone once he gets into a routine? My mum used to said I was too hard on baby when I was training him, now that I went back to work.. She thanked me for setting the routine cos it really makes her job easier.

hello mommies.... how was everyone's weekend? hope it was good! :D

my weekends are now all spent going back to in-laws place from fri-sun.... then back to my mom's place on sun nite...

mommies, i hv no idea if buying HCP in bulk wil b entitled to more discounts but i can chk wif my fren who buy 8 at 1 go... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] kip u ladies posted ya!

hmm.. my little one no longer sleep tat much during day time..... although i do wish she zzz longer so tat i got more time to do my stuffs... but i guess at tis stage we hv to interact wif them more often and probably develop their sense of touch as well....

any mommies started putting their little one in e bumbo seat? i got a second hand one... tried on her.. but she doesnt seem to like it.... hahaha... i hv no idea why... and her head still seems a bit shaky... whenever i prop her up to burp her after her feed, i still hv to put my hand behind just in case......

mommies, all ur babies can hold their head up well already?

Tangerine: Michelin bb is good! Shows how well u fed him! Just that maybe not that good for your arms lol.

Girltradester: I agree with SQin, try n see if you can set a routine, else you'll be very shagged man. What is bb's current feeding schedule like?

Huh why cries when wanna slp? I hope its not related to gas or reflux....Heartburn very pain one ah.

Hello Bubbles! My boy also abit shakey leh. Oh very tempted to buy bumbo, but if he dun likes it then i sian 1/2.

Speaking of seats...mummies ah...when we let bb try jumpers/walkers? When their necks are steady enuff? How to gauge ah?

hahahaha.... ejunko, i saw e video u posted of ur bb on fb.... so cute! ;)

when i try tummy time on my little girl now, she really hold her head very high up, to e point i was worried she might be over stretching... hahahaha.... ;p

i got a 2nd-hand bumbo seat... wif tray, $40.... maybe u can gif it a try.... prob i will try again tis coming week let her sit on it again and see how.... sometimes i put her on e sofa and let her sit up right... but after a while, u c her slanting either left or right... wahahahaha.... ;)

hmm.. as for jumpers/walkers, i tink u have to wait til their necks r steady, otherwise i tink its gonna be pretty dangerous...... gauge wise, i suppose when they dun become 不倒翁 anymore.... hehehe.... jus wat i tink lah...

brought baby to the swimming pool on Sunday afternoon. He was the smallest one there =) Just dipped him in the water and he started crying, guess he is not used to cold water. After awhile he was okay, daddy held him and he kicked a little. Put him in his float but he didn't know that he was supposed to kick. Only played for awhile then took him out already. Quickly changed then bring him home to bath as the pool bathroom only had shower. After that he KO.

Baby is teething, quite surprised to see top of a little white tooth emerging on the lower gum as he hasn't reached 4 months yet. Any other babies here teething too?

bubbles: my baby also sleep v little in the day time now, 30 min to 45 min then wake up already. Sometimes don't know what to play with him so let him play on his own until he 'complains'. Can try bumbo seat a few more times, first few times he didn't like it also, now a bit better but can only sit awhile then tired already. Realised it is a good place to cut his toe nails as his legs are quite restricted.

By the way, discovered that pigeon scissors is so much easier to use then nail clippers for cutting nails. Expensive but worth it.

Bubbles, do u have to keep 2 sets of baby stuff at both homes? Like steriliser, bath tub, cot etc?

Ejunko, jumper and walker, at least after 6 months when they can sit unsupported.

Yuet sim, wah, ur boy cutting teeth so early! Do u latch? If u do, need to train him not to bite, will be very painful if they bite when latching! My 2 older girls cut their first tooth at 7 months, I'll have to wait a while more for this one.

Yi Chin: Yes I latch, and he has tried to bite. Said a loud NO and tapped his mouth, then he just smiled at me. How to train?

I have a hand-me-down bumbo too. Use it a few minutes here and there to help my boy train his neck muscles. He's ok in it but also cannot sit too long. I wouldn't buy it myself though, cos I think the usage will be short lived. Once he's more mobile, he may not want to be in it anymore. Have also read that it's not very safe when baby is a bit longer, cos the seat can tip over if they try to stretch out their legs.

thanks tangerine for the info... my girl really loves to kick... and she is pretty strong... gd point to watch out for her legs.... and e possibility of toppling over in the bumbo seat... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yuetsim:

ur bb is teething???? wow, tats super early......... so i guess tat means he can hv his semi-solids pretty soon????

yichin:

first time when i brought bb back to in-laws place, it was almost like moving house... wahahaha... so now, we hv 2 sets of stuffs at both homes... but only certain items like steriliser, food warmer, diapers, wet tissues, bath towel, bath tub, shampoo, small pail for wipe down, pillow, bolster, baby oil.

easily i can carry 3 bags hm... cos i dun hv extra bottles in my in-laws place, and i carry my EBM in my FTG as well... clothes wise i hv yet to place a set there.. prefer to bring along when i go back.... no cot... baby sleep on the bed wif mi & hubby @ my in laws... a bit squeezy cos its a queen size compared to my king size back in bt panjang...

Yi Chin,

I'm quite used to not having him around.. i'm staying at my mum's place so I have my mum n her maid to help me. can manage quite well. =)

a number of us r going to have our very first mummy's day in may! woohoo!

Back