(2011/12) Dec 2011

Wendy, do not despair. 10% is still some hope. Perhaps your gynae can sew back and water will reaccumulate back.... Will pray for you...

Kimiko, great to hear your good news!

Kimiko - congrats ;)

Wendy - stay positive and strong... I know it's natural to worry. Pray ..

CP - Hee ya lo save on sending them to all girls school [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kimiko - great that everything is alright now. Yea a healthy baby is the most important.

Wendy - My heart goes out for you. May you have the strength to overcome this, jiayou! Do rest well.

Thanks everyone for your support n prayers..I will not give up as long as my bb is still fighting inside..I hope he is a fighter...today ultrasound bb water bag still no water but bb is still having strong hb n is still doin fine..I hope he will persist..

bernice: dun feel stress... actually i feel nowadays it's so much better to have girls compare to boys... cos girls will care more for the family... maybe u can tell yr hb, u can try for #3, but still no guarantee is a boy rite? dun feel upset lah... boy or girl is not something we can choose mah... cheer up!!

wendy: pls take good care... yes, i think complete bed rest is impt... u have a complete bed rest for a few days, water shd be able to reaccumulate... yr boy will know u're fighting along with him... dun be sad ok... tell bb to fight with you... jiayou!!

stardust25: some pple r juz so irritating!! they can't imagine how come u got such nice PILs, tat's y... i guess my PILs also like tat, cos my MIL will nvr ask for gender, juz say boy & girl the same, cos she feel the pressure during her times, so i guessed she knows bah.. but my grandpa-in-law still around, & he always hoped for boy... so now he got his #3 great grandson liao, guess he shd be super happy...

did my detail scan yesterday, cfm is a boy, cos he open his leg damn big & his birdie is so obvious!! hb was laughing all the way, say we got another notty boy again!!

Hi Mummies!! Been busy for the past days and I cant catch up wif the posts!!! hehe..

Kimiko: Congrats to you!!!

Wendy: *HUGSS* I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong k. You will definitely overcome this!

And guess wat??!! I felt my baby kick for the first time on my bday!!!!! ( i just took, it as a bday gift from him) Got super excited!!! Now, i can feel his movements and i feel pregnant now, thought my stomach is not showing! hehe..

But last nite, i had leg cramp while sleeping.. Lasted for few seconds but was super painful.. I use to have this cramp last time when i was active in sports so its a bit weird now.. Hopefully, it doesnt become frequent becas its very disruptive to my sleep!!!! Anyone of you have this cramps??

yest went for check up, nothing much on the updates of bb... during scan doc showed us bb's feet and hands... and asking me whether i wanna try normal birth kekez... i told him... see whether bb is in breech position in 3rd trimester then i decide bcos my #1 was in breech position thus have to c-sect.

My detailed scan is scheduled 2 weeks later.. which is 8 Aug. doc said usually he will do it during 23rd week. thereafter 1 month later will bethe glucose test, to test whether have gestional diabetes.

wendy - hugs... will keep you in my prayers.

mummies, does anyone experience PERPECTUAL gum bleed? gynae told me nose/ gum bleeding is normal but i am like, constantly tasting blood in my mouth n it disgusts me to no end! just to share i am v clean freak (i brush, floss and oral mouthwash my teeth 3 times a day) so i'm one who is super particular abt oral hygiene! i keep tasting blood it's sooo yucky!!! i drink plenty of water n have non stop ulcer at the sides of my mouth does anyone experience this?? so strange!

n thick, yellow mucus discharge with not too pleasant smell?? sorry the above sounds too gross but i wonder if they are 'natural' or cause for concern?

leg cramps is keeping me up at night! arghh...

mamaAsh - can you update for me pls - is a gal and gretel with the e, not the a [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thank you sooo much!

gender - it is already a blessing to b able to conceive successfully... one shd b grateful regardless of the gender. my mum has 3 daughters and in the old days (though sadly it is still the same for some families in this modern age), she's been looked down by her mil and the other dil...and guess wat, now this dil's daughter and son(mycousin) hv gals whereas my mum's daughters (my sis and i) both hv boys...so it turns opposite. nothing to be proud of for my end but for the older generation, they say it is like 'the world goes ard' something like tat... lets not let all these stupidity affects us we really shd be thankful of our little angels [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey mummies, pls monitor your bb's movement ok? one of my fren lost her bb at 8th mth (can you imagine how traumatising?!?!!) - her bb stop moving for 'a day' (according to her)n she din tink it's any big cause for worry, so happily went to sleep and only see gynae the next day (tat's like over 24 hrs not feeling any movement). the bb's gone. ambilical cord. soo disturbing. so pls, monitor bb movement. (gynae told me about 10 times a day).

oh dear... gretel... your friend dont feel any pain? nothing unusual other than the bb's movement? its so scary.... thanks for reminding us.

no.. she dun feel 'sharp' pain at all, jus uncomfort but she tot is cramps? (i dun dare ask her details also..) tt's y she din tink it's any 'big cause' for worry. really scary rite?! 8th mths leh... if she'd seen the gynae SOONER n found out the ambilical cord thingy hv emergency c sec the bb will be healthy since already considered full term...

oh well... when such things hap we can only say it's 'fated' to console oursleves? but alot of things really can be prevented... i really r more understanding towards preg women who r 'paranoid' - they jus dun wan to tk chances...

mrt seats - these days i dun care - i jus purposely keep rubbing my tummy in front of them as well! stare wat stare! wan to look stand up lar! so mad w all these pple. stare liao somemore can quick close eyes pretend to b zzz... gosh.

gretel: sorry abt it! had updated my table... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yes, for gender, i really feel it's nothing... my mum get really pissed when pple say ah, girl again ah? cos she feel girl or boy still yr bb, y chose? yes, older generation are like tat... tat's y i always say, if no boys, then blame yr son for it!! haha... i had even say in front of my MIL b4... haha... me notty, but c'mon, all women, u shd understand & not only wan BOY BOY BOYss... i always tell my hb, if 80% of population all MEN, who to give birth?? MEN? :p

Yes, for bb movement, my gynae will always ask when i see her, if can feel bb, but if u say lesser, my gynae will ask me to go for fetal monitoring... & do up a chart to make sure bb is not in distress... so muz try to keep track of bb movement from now on...

Dawn - pls be strong and stay positive. My fen's sis was also leaking water and didnt even know about it. But water level went up after antibiotics and rest, bb was ok and delivered full term.

Fetal movement - understand we need to monitor during last trimester and if bb doesnt move entire day and moves much less, then shld inform gynae. Tink we need to chart down...but I'm not sure how.

I found my perfect cot bedding, so happy. Plus Aussino has 20% discount voucher, just print voucher from website [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh yah, for the quinny things, can mummies who are interested let me know by mid Aug? Then I can consolidate and get back to the supplier. I scared too long wait he say discount no more....or wat.

i see.. its so scary...ya.. i think just go to see gynae if feel uncomfortable...she must be very sad... poor thing...

ya.. understand the situation in mrt too... when I walk into the cabin, they immediately close their eyes n pretend to sleep... anyway we cant do anything... however there are still nice and graceful people around who will give up their seat for us...

Baby movement: Oh dear! Tats scary! We should just be very vigilant on the movement..

Gender: Haiya, whether its a boy or gal, its still a baby with heartbeat!! My older gen are also like tat, have heard scary stories, but our gen are more educated and we dont bother abt all these. So many are trying for baby and here, they are fighting for gender! Humans!

Seats: I still cant demand for a seat in bus or mrt cas my tummy still small!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Was telling my hubby, wait till my tummy shows, i will demand! hehe..

Went for the Detailed scan and I'm expecting a boy!

All was fine except that my boy has dilated kidney as for now. Gyane told me 99% no problem but I just cant help but worried about the 1%

Juz gone for my detailed scan.. Thank God that everything is normal. Somehow when the gynae wants to do the 3D scan, his computer got hang! He & his staff claimed 1st time in 2-3yrs since he bought this new machine...never happened before. No choice lost the data when rebooting the machine & retook all the measurements. Then 2nd time hang at the same spot! Must be my boy doesn't want to be scan today..ha..ha... Gynae said active baby..can see his many movements in the scanner but I can't feel much leh..wonder if I'm too insensitive or tummy fat too thick..ha..ha..

I took the MRT last thu at off-peak hour..still so crowded & no one gave me the seat tho it's v obvious that I'm pregnant mah... Thank God it was 2 stops so no need to stand so long... Talking about gracious Singaporeans... If my journey was to be longer, I'd surely have to demand for my reserved seat..nowadays can't stand too long..thigh stressful...

Oh dear, but even now I don't really feel very strong movements from the bb. Sometimes need to really pay hard attention to notice??? So a bit difficult to monitor leh. It's really scary to know that nothing is certain until delivery! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mamaAsh: Mine's a gal! Can help to update the table please? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gretel: Hahaha I will rub my tummy too! But don't dare to stare. :p But these days I can't even do that, esp in the morning, can barely squeeze onto the train! Under those circumstances I can't really blame anyone for not giving up their seats to me, I can't even see the seats through the crowd loh! Stuck near the door throughout the journey, sianz...

wendy: Stay strong, hope to hear good news from you soon.

Hi, sorry to disturb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Do you interested for Red rice wine for your confinement cooking?

It is an traditional Chinese alcoholic drink made from fermenting glutinous rice and it is very healthy and nutritious. Most ladies are taking Glutinous rice wine to built up resistant and good health after birth during confinement. If you interested, PM me now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wendy: Hope everything's alright with you, let us know...

Gretel: That's really sad...

To all: Monitoring happens in 3rd trimester right? Not right now in our 2nd trimester hor? Coz I can feel alot of movement in my bb yesterday, but none today so far (i'm in my 17w+), is that generally ok?

Hi mummies,

Dun scare urself re bb movements now. Most mummies esp 1st timers feel bb only in 20+ weeks onwards. Since we all still haven't reach 20+ weeks, there is no real concern for now. Only in late preg when there's no bb movements then we need to be concerned n call gynae immed.

Gretal: I experience swollen gums when I enter my 2nd tri. I realized eAting more fruits helps. Vit c can help to solve gums issue. No harm trying anyway we need vit c too.

Hello ladies!! been sometime since i login here.

have been experiencing cramps and pain.. today saw gynae he sya everything normal but i cant take any milk stuff from now on to monitor how it goes and cant apply stretch mark cream.. hope baby is well..

Wendy, will keep you in my prayers and pray that everything will turn out well.

Winniep - I think better if u pay direct to supplier after I secure the BP discount? Yes, pay deposit to reserve and pay the balance in dec.

MamaAsh - yah, I wonder how can a fren be so insensitive!

On fetal movement - for those who are concerned, can check with gynae. The position of the placenta and the mummy's size matters too. When I told my gynae I can feel fetal movement at week 19, she said it's v early. And when she scanned, she said cos my placenta is at the back and plus I am quite skinny. Some mummies dont feel alot of movement cos placenta is in front.

Then again tho my bb is very active, she has preferred spots...like at the side of tummy and just below navel..hahaha.

Hi gals, been along time since I last logged in... Congrats to all who found out whether their bb is boy or gal!

Hi Wendy, so sorry to hear abt your hospitalization, pls stay positive n jia you bb!!! Just to share, there's a mummy in nov thread who had water bag leaked too after amnio scan n was at just enough level only.... But since she has slowly recovered and keeping bb safe. Like u say, your bb is a fighter! Jia you!

Hi stardust, I'm interested to get a quinny Zapp extra too, pls count me in... Prob the red one but not cfm. This is indicate interest right? Not final confirmation yet right? Sorry, cos I'm still checking out others but likely to be quinny zap extra cos my car boot tooo small..... Checking if got other brand still but think unlikely.

U gals mentioned we can dun buy the car seat but a cushion for bb is it? So we can skip the infant car seat???

Regarding bb movement... I just started being able to feel bb wriggling... But I dun think I can tell whether I can feel kicks yet.... The other day, I came across one bp selling bb heartbeat monitor, those like Doppler, can hear n record.... Anybody bought it? Cnan share yr view??

Thanks gbh, littlefren and all who had responded on topic of fetal movt. Your responses have been reassuring. My gynae was not in today so I had gone to kkh's o&g clinic, bb's heartbeat can still be heard so I guess he/she is ok.

On gum bleeding: I used to experience the same thing too and similarly, my gums were more prone to bleeding after pregnancy. I've read somewhere it is good to visit the dentist at least once in our pregnancy. Bad dental health has been linked with preclampsia and preterm bbs.

So I've gotten my teeth scaled and polished after telling the dentist I'm pregnant and my gum problems. He had also prescribed me a particular chemical mouthwash (can't remember its name) which I had remembered reading

working synergistically with toothpaste containing xylitol (mine does). To make a long story short, after the dental visit and

using the mouthwash twice after my flossing and brushing, my gums rarely bleed now. (Gums had bled quite badly after flossing the first time I used the mouthwash but stopped very soon once I had start rinsing with the mouthwash)

The mouthwash he had prescribed is this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorhexidine

Just to add that I had been careful to rinse my mouth clean of the mouthwash after using it. I'm careful not to accidentally swallow it in case it causes harm to me or my bb.

Gretel>> thks for sharing that. Wow, losing the bb at 8th mth is really veri veri sad! 1 more mth to delivery & almost whole world that she is expecting alrdy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

That's y whenever I feel cramp, I will insist gng to let the gynae hv a look. ESP in my first trim.. Now I try to calm down a bit by assuring myself I'm juz being paranoid. Unless the pain is really unbearable.. But so far so good, phew.. Gynae said the cramp is due to stretching.

How does bb movement feel like? My last scan was on week 16, the gynae said still too early to feel fetal movement. So even if I feel some wiggling gng on, I dunno if it's my stomach growling or bb is moving.

Hi all,

first time in this thread! Am expecting my 2nd (prob another boy like his korkor, nov 09 baby)!

Saw some of ur concerns on baby movements.. only after 20+ weeks (28 if i aint wrong) that there should be at least ten a day.. and if u dun get that, jus go to the gynae to get a piece of mind. dun delay. i tot my elder boy was jus lazy or wad when he moved less. turned out my amnio fluid went too low for his comfort and he was induced at 36w. but for now.. nonid to worry too much for 1st timers dun feel it that frequent..

missus.. the wriggling should b navel or navel below area.. v cute de.. feels like gas that doesnt make it to the anus. hee.. miss that bloop bloop feeling!

Hi luwen,

Welcome n congrats!! That's exactly how I felt.... My hubby asked me how the wriggling feels like, I just said like wriggling in your tummy n he rolled eyes.... A hahaha!

Morning ladies,

Wendy, jiayou. Your baby is a fighter so don't give up. Have total bed rest and with antibiotics, praying that the water level will raise to normal level.

Had my detailed scan on Monday, and my son's prediction is spot-on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] baby is normal and it's a baby girl. My wish came true.

a kind lady gave up her seat to me in the MRT tis morning. so sweet of her. everyone was looking at my tummy. make me feel so shy and blush.

mamaAsh: tats me. I am the one asking abt Lucky Baby. Thanks for the link. They have a showroom and it open only on Sat, 10am to 1pm.

Ms Carpe Diem: u reminded me to book my dental appt. my frd hv got tooth sensitivity after birth. tink lack of calcium.

in case dun hv enough bm, i tot to standby milk powder. any recommendation?

is it usually the 1st mth will use infant diapers, thereafter to M Size? which brand is good?

Morning everyone!

Thanks all mummies for your kind words, really appreciated it. I wished everyone a smooth pregnancy as well. Let's all pray for Wendy now.

Talking about baby's movements, I felt baby kicking me with my palm on my lower belly just last week. It felt like a pushing action against my skin and I felt so amazed and blessed. That was the first time I happened to place my palm on the area he kicked. He usually stop moving when I place my palm to feel.. So naughty >.>

Hi luwen, welcome and thanks for the info on when to monitor baby's movements. I'm sure we are getting concerned as most of us are at or approaching week 20s already.

Morning mummies!!!

Missus: initially i was feeling bubbles in my stomach( arnd week 18) and i thought i was hungry until my gynae told me that its the baby movement. hehe.. Now, at week 21, i am feeling the movement and kicks. its like a gentle knock in the stomach, telling allo i am inside the stomach. haha.. Jus tat, when my baby moves, i feel uncomfortable and sometimes a bit of cramp esp in the mornin.

Luwen: Welcome to the thread! How do you keep the count? Sometimes i am soo busy, swamp wif work, i know baby is kicking but i don keep count.. Is it necessary to count?

Kimiko: My baby also stops kicking when i place my palm to feel!!! haha.. And yes, the feeling of baby kicking is really indescribable. It brings smile to my face. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby movements: Went for my detailed scan last week and was rather anxious as I could not feel any movements even till now (20 weeks). However, my gynae assured me that usually we would only feel baby movements when the baby is around 500g. My BB gal seems to be on the small side and only weighs 250+. Hence I would prob only feel movements 3-4 weeks later. During the detailed scan, I couldn't feel a single thing although I saw BB moving a lot during the scan.

So mummies, don't be too anxious if you can't feel any movements yet.

Back