(2011/12) Dec 2011

Hi dawn,

It's good that u come here n chat w us! Do come more often! I hope u are feeling better today! I also encourage u to change Yr gynae, go book a new one first, even if u change Yr mind later, u can save waiting time. A gynae that u are comfortable w will take away Yr stress, Yr current gyn just add to Yr stress n not helping.... ;) jiayou! W love fr family n frens n most importantly, Yr bb inside, u ll recover soon!

Hi gals, toking abt weight, I put on 4 kg lor as of last week, then I told hubby I must not increase so fast cos I overweight type, scared high blood. I just started my week 15 today! N I stood on the weighing scale, I lost a kg! But I panic again! Scared bb not enough nutrient! Aiya, after a while, I think this is endless, just try to stay within range can Liao n stop scaring myself! Ahahaha! Just to share a link by nov mum whereby we can check our supposed weekly weight gain.

http://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

sporty, i still duno should i get a US set or local set. my friend said it is very impt to have warranty. sigh, it is so ex in singapore. at KKH also $699, sad sia. if buy local then i have to buy PIS, cheaper

yallo & sporty>> i intend to take leave once i hit my 36 weeks, which is ard mid dec.

jasline>> ya, veri depressing to hear such news so i told myself no matter how must stay positive and take care of our well-being. anyway, i'm only at my 10 weeks and i gained like 2-3KG even though i've been throwing up badly.. but i agreed that dun purposely control it.

shasha>> my MS is still as bad, esp from week 5 to 9! everyday juz vomit and naesous until i cannot report work. now is week 10, it kinda subsided but i will still vomit at least twice in the morning. so every morning, i will cab to work.

Regarding breast pump,

Ya sporty, I just checked the bulk purchase yesterday, US set medela freestyle at $450 n PIS at $370. Add $100 if u want one Yr warranty. Warranty provided by seller. I shd be getting freestyle cos can handsfree. But not so early bah.

joanne, stay positive also! dun think too much & enjoy ur pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

littlefren, long time no see u post...u bz ah? thks for sharing the weight calender... actually we need 300 calories more each day when we are preggy, so for eg 2 glasses of milk on top of our normal meals, its sufficient liao... for me, i try not to over eat, juz eat like usual...

ling, actually its a matter of heng/suay la...if u get US set, u can save some $$ n buy other big items like cot/stroller lor... if really so suay spolit, then pay $100 to service lor... thas how i think la... but of cuz if u comfy with warranty, get the local set then

missus bl, yah good to stay the leave earlier la...at least can rest at home but the waiting period before bb comes out can be bored also esp if u read forum like someone's edd behind u also pop liao, u tend to feel "stressed" and wonder when's ur turn :p

Ling: Oh I don't even bother to put on concealer hahaha. Actually now a bit paranoid, don't dare to use make-up. My hubby complain how come go wedding dinner also no make-up? But I'm worried chemicals not good for baby leh. Haha I'm also thinking of when to conceive #2 liao!!! Planning to start trying mid 2013 :p Very silly right, #1 not out yet thinking of #2 liao hee hee.

Jasline: At my first appt with the gynae, he warned me liao that as the pregnancy proceeds, all the girlfriends will start to gossip and COMPARE, like why you stomach so big, why so small lah, why gain so much weight etc etc etc and he told me to just IGNORE everything!!! Haha at that time I thought it sounds really silly but now then I realise really get affected very easily by what other people say! So must learn to just let all the comments slide, don't pay attention to them. Luckily my aunties all don't know I'm pregnant yet, wah imagine, one of my aunt out of the blue called my sister and told her she must 念经 everyday else baby won't be healthy *FAINT* think I'll go crazy if have to deal with that!!!

Littlefren: I know what you mean!!! I'm also like that. Put on too much weight then worry. But suddenly the weight like stay the same, also worry, worry that baby not growing or something happen to baby. Really endless hor.

@sporty:

can i ask u something abt maternity leave?

Do we have to start taking maternity leave from the day we deliver? can we first consume the annual leave before the maternity leave?

as i've 20 days this year which i have to utilize by end of the year, and my EDD is end-dec thou i hope i can pop earlier.

thanks!

@Littlefren: r u intending to join the BP / spree?

i cheked the thread yday too... indecisive on that though i still have a few more mths to tink abt it... but indeed, its a very gd deal, close to 35%savings!

@yallo:

ya, my colleague is looking at what i'm eating everyday.... and she's telling me u shuld cut down on carbo, sweet drinks...

i mean, i ustd she mean well.. but somehow, it can be hurtful and depressing..

and yes, she exclaimed when i told her i'm already wearing maternity pants... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i talk to my parents and hb yday coz it was rily affecting me.. and they consoled me and tell me not to be over-concerned with her remarks since some ppl are more straigh-forward and less sensitive...

so i'm trying to stay positive, and not to take her words to heart!

yallo, i am like u when i was conceiving #1!! i dun dare to put much makeup...but now i dun care le :p heheh wah so fast u think of #2 liao...heee think mummies are worriers la, we worry when we are pregnant...next time bb come out we also worry this & tha...the list goes on & on...

jasline, actually u can start ur ML as early as 1 mth before ur EDD (you can check with ur HR to confirm) or on the date u pop! for my co, its ok to consume AL before ML, but some cos are abit neow, they will link the one stretch of AL/HL(hospitalisation leave) before ML as ML...so u better check with ur HR lor... also double check ur co practises 16 weeks or 4 mths of ML cuz it makes a diff lor... 4 mths means more days!! :p

Dawn: antenatal depression is not uncommon, you are not alone and there is nothing to feel guilty about. I had it in my first pregnancy and I was crying everyday. My gynea dr c.k. Khoo at kkh was e one who suspected n referred me to a psychiatrist. I was on meds for a couple of months aft delivery the depression totally disappeared. My gynea is still keeping tabs on my emotional state every visit. It helps to talk to friends n family. No matter how supportive my family was I found it more comforting to confide more in friends. Stay strong n think happy thought as much as u can k?

Wendy: Keke. So unfair. Gonna complain to Dr Roland never tell me about video. Just joking... The printer was down on Tue so he saved the image and will print for us during next visit. BB was lazy and taking afternoon nap. Next time I shall try the orange juice tip as mentioned by some mums here.

Dawn: Go talk to a psychiatrist if things dun improve. Its important to tend to mama's well being for a healhy bb ya. Talk to close friends or over here with us. There's always someone online. =)

Shasha: Seems like we have the same background! After going into property line, I have not been keeping up with my CPA coz its too costly after leaving the Big 4. To chalk up the CPA hours via external courses/ seminars are so expensive! Maybe you can look for another office space when you are feeling better?

Jasline: I think I put on the most weight here but I decide to not think about it since my gynae is not concerned. Haha. Last night, I was sending my family to airport and my brother looked at me and asked if gynae got ask me to control my weight. If we are gonna pay heed to all comments, we will be really miserable given our emotional swings during pregnancy. I feel as long as I'm healthy, no high blood or sugar, then I will work on the weight after delivery. Hmm. Maybe also have #2 soon so lose weight at a go since also not too young. =P

Thanks all seeking treatment now will start on some med tonight help me slp its hormones problems! Stupid hormones! Haha

Hi TIE,

I tried the orange juice tips about an hour before my scan and my baby still sleeps. Probably you try drinking just before scan and let us know whether it works? That time I was desperate to see baby move so I purposely cough a bit harder than usual then I finally get to see baby move around.. Haha!

Hi mummies,

Not sure if I was not so slim before pregnancy thats why I couldn't care less how much weight I put on despite my hubby monitoring my weight everyday. Or maybe it could be Im too used to his nagging at my weight even before pre-pregnancy, I'm kinda immune to comments leh. I just do whatever I want, eat whatever I want to eat (in moderation and in control) and frankly speaking I felt happier being pregnant than not! Recently my tummy have stretched so much it made me look like erm 4-5mths pregnant? Tummy getting heavier also give me some inconveniences like having to hold it like supporting it at times coz the skin around tummy seems to stretch really tight. However, I feel happy seeing my tummy getting bigger each day. Even now I see some 'dark spots' like skin dried out or something at the corner of my lips and a dot on the chin, I still feel ok despite last time I will never step out of my house without make up. I think its a matter of thinking positively and making priorities. Try to live more freely to feel happier, I think thats what I did.

Hi Dawn,

Please take care and talk to us when you need to a 'listening ear'. We are all here to support each other [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Wishing you speedy recovery

Hi Sporty,

yeah.... was busy at the start of the week.... then got stiff neck, headache on n off, these few days, nauseousness seems quite bad... wont vomit but always feel burpy n want to vomit. but ok lah.... still managable so just rest rest lor....

Breastpump

hmmmmm i think the same way as sporty, i prob will get US set freestyle without warranty fr seller also, cos i think as compared to local set, the diff is $250 which enables me to send for repair twice within a yr.... unless i really so sway bah... heee heee touch wood.. ya jasline, maybe we can bulk purchase tog later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Sporty, u got yours fr the bulk purchase thread izzit? do u know if it has at least on the day warranty? meaning at least we are guranteed we didnt get a faulty set to start w [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Regarding pp's comments

aiya, its endless one... my mum opens a provision shop n many customers have seen me since young, so they always ask how i am... i will say great! fat n round! how many kids u have? have u tried this or that to reduce weight or make yr skin better.... i say thanks but i dun see a need! w a smile! im not laughing at myself. i know these pp meant well but after a while they dun even rem what they said the next day, and if i keep letting it bother me.... so bo hua right???

Jasline, yr colleague really like very insensitive leh.... ignore her lah.... just tell her everybody is different.

i have a question for 2nd/3rd time mummies,

anybody drive? is it possible to drive to full term? or likely we'll find it difficult by certain month? cos i am also thinking when to stop my tuitions. by right their exam ends by late oct..... shdnt be affected, but im worried abt whether i can still drive n whether have energy by oct, if not, i will have to tell them earlier, so that they can find a new tutor.... dilemma dilemma.....

Eh. Gonna ask an awkward qn... I noticed there are several changes to the body which I forgot to ask gynae on Tue.

1) My areola has turned quite dark brown. Not sure if this is a concern. Definitely not been suntanning! =P

2) Having lotsa rashes along my back though they have not been giving me problems

3) Having blood in stools for these 2 days ago. Wondering if signs of constipation....

Hi mummies-2-be sry to interrupt I've a set if preloved bb video monitor for sale at $60 in gd condition. Interested purchaser can pm me for pics and details thanks.

TIE, ur bro v mean lor...said tha to u! hee... i like ur nick! really have to TIE!! its natural tha ur areola turns dark brown & becomes very big (mrs wong frm tmc prenatal class will say tha this is like a "lighthouse" to ur bb, who cant see clearly when they were born, to lead them to where they shd suckle!)... stools in blood shd be constipated!! drink more water & eat more fruits!!

little fren, talking abt stiff neck i am having one now lor! sianz!! yeah, i gotten my FS thru bulk purchase also, after 1 yr of heavy duty use, never break down before... i think once u gotten the set, go home n try the motor la & have to give the organiser a benefit of the doubt lor... i think i will send mine for servicing or checking before i start using in nov/dec again... if u are comfy, can still drive la, i have frens who drove till they pop!

sporty: thanks for the clarification. felt more at ease. looks like kena poisoning like that! so dark. ok lah. my bro said that in concerned manner, not like mean kind so its ok. Several friends raved about Mrs Wong's class so I may sign up for that though its much further away. Hopefully there's weekday classes.

Wondering whether to lobang a guy friend to buy from US or bulk purchase. Probably not much difference in price. Seems funny for him to go store and buy for someone, not his wife! Guess no need to buy too early, prob 3rd trim? Let me know if anyone is buying. =)

Jasline, Im also wearing materity pants. Better to be comfortable than to care other pple saying... People thought I'm 4-5mth pregnant but when I tell them that I only 2 1/2 mths. They also will "wow!" I just smiled and replied I'm fat that's why. That should shut them off. kekeke... But good friends and colleagues wun commented much. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Worst still just now at our canteen, I ordered porridge and asked to add some more dumplings, the seller aunty said what u want to eat must eat or else bb will not be happy and asked me whether I drank coconut water liao (usually 7mth+ than drink). I told her me still quite early stage and signal to her the "3" sign. She said wow! true lah, u used to be round and fat before pregnant! so many pple q behind me loh, i also just smiled and said my hubby has "raised" me well.

Ha!

kimiko>> my bb was sleeping when i did my US too.

gynae said no movement but there is hb so probably bb is slping so he asked me to move my body ard to "wake" bb up. haha.. and indeed it works. :p veri interesting to see the hands and legs wiggling! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] next time i will try orange juice and coughing.

TIE, if i am not wrong... Mrs Wong's classes now conducted at AMK Hub...u better call TMC to check & she does weekday classes also... think the BP is always selling the pumps la...so no worries one

jjj, mb ur are 3rd time mummy so tummy more obvious lor...i think mine too! haha

Hi all,

Me also watching my weight, trying as much to eat more healthy meals...

For the pumps, maybe u all can combine orders n negotiate with BP organizer in allowing exchange shld motor fail to work when u test? The US sets prices r really quite attractive..

Hi ladies,

Glad to find this thread, seeing so many Dec/Jan mummies-to-be. Actually I just realised I am pregnant recently, went to see gynae at KKH and EDD is 29 Dec.

Wonder if any mummies have any good recommendations for a good gynae that is really good in C-section delivery? My previous gynae at KKH TPS was Dr Benjamin Tham but he is no longer at KKH, so need to look for another good gynae that is experienced and good in C-section.

Hi, 

I’m getting the thermometer from Amazon and would like to invite you to share the shipping cost with me. 

Kindly leave your email address and I will contact you ASAP. 

Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technology 

Model: IR4520 

Shipping: Direct Shipping from Amazon 

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Braun-Thermoscan-Thermometer-ExacTemp-Technology/dp/B001FWXKMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302227652&sr=8-1 

Waiting timing: 2-3 weeks 

Item cost calculation: USD38.54 + Shipping USD6.40 = USD44.95 @1.35 = S$60.70 

* Please note the exchange rate will be adjusted if it is higher. 

Collection: 

- Ang mo kio ave 10

- Register Mail (Postage TBA) 

- Normal Mail (at your own risk, I’m not responsible for lost mail) (Postage TBA) 

I hope to close by 11th June. Thank you!

Hi, anyone buying the thermometer above? I first time mummy, sure to need one. Is this model suitable for newborn? Or is it that new born need those u can put under the arm ones?

JJJ_Mummy: Wah I like your responses, super xiao sa! Must learn from you and take it easy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Haha I also counting down to knock-off time yay

The BP discount for Medela FS sounds really attractive! Think I will go for that too. No need to buy so early right? Sometime in Sept maybe?

yallo, what to do, I got 2 more colleagues at the other side are 4mths pregnant liao and they are still wearing this normal jeans leh. Today Fri can dress down, they even wear spaghetti strap leh! wow lau! envy leh!

me leh, only super loosen shirts and maternity pants for the next 7mths [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne Koh, I checked online, normal thermometer for newborn. After 3 mths, then can use ear thermometer...

Sporty, thanks for reply on driving! Gd to know can drive till pop, Hope I can do the same!

hi, i am selling gifts from friends that do not fit my baby. mostly brand new including baby gap dress, camper baby shoes, oshkosh romper etc. & some pre-loved. pls PM me if interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109321966445626054039/Bouncingbean?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-2ubakmqDuRQ#

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583171.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583172.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5583173.jpg]

babybunny, congrats & welcome to the thread [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] no need to envy ur colleagues la, u can also wear tight fitting spagetti straps to show off ur bump too!!

jjj, bo bian la...cuz tummy kena expand twice, of cuz will be more obvious this time :p

little fren, yes get ear thermometer, its easier esp newborns dunno how to kiap the thermometer below the armpits!!

JJJ_Mummy: Hahaha same same I have another colleague she's due in Oct, she's the super slim type, even during her first pregnancy can hardly see the bump! Feel like such a glutton beside her, coz I just keep eating and eating non-stop :p

Ohh I saw another type of thermometer, not ear but hmmm forehead type? Like just point & "scan" the forehead, no need to poke into the ear. Think that is better?

yallo-the way u described u eat very cute! yah loh, i also kept eating, esp in the morning, bb like super starve after a night of sleep, I immediately want to eat wan loh!

Hi Dec MTBs! Sorry to interrupt.

I couldn't tahan milk during my pregnancy so giving away these samples I received. Preferably self-collect in Serangoon area. Please PM me if interested.

Similac Mum 50g - x 7 sachets exp 20/6/12

Similac Mum 50g - x 1 sachet exp 3/10/12

Anmum Materna 37.5g vanilla x 1 exp 28/11/11

Anmum Materna 37.5g chocolate x 1 exp 26/11/11

Friso Mum Gold 45g x 2 exp 7/6/12

S26 Mama 40g x 1 exp 5/10/11

hi mummies, do any of you experience pain when crossing your legs? i can feel the pain at ard pubic bone area and it hurts!

did a search and it says,

"Avoid crossing your legs while pregnant. This can help blood pool in your lower extremities and legs. It can result in varicose veins, spider veins and leg cramps."

veri chim... i hope it's not something severe as i do not have any bleeding or wat.

Thanks Sporty for your welcome message!

For thermometers, understand from the PD for my boy that babies below 1 yr old not suitable to use ear thermometers. Hope this helps for those who are thinking of buying one now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Miss BL - Just vomit after my facial session. Still managed to eat kong ba bao. yummy yummy.

Vomiting is a daily routine for me. haha!!

TIE - Yup. Expensive to upkeep both licence. : P

Little frn - many Mummies told me no problem to drive till EDD as long as u feel well. Btw, i have purchased seat belt clip to loosen the seat belt so that i dun feel cramp on my belly.

little fren/baby bunny, eh?? cannot use ear thermometer? been using it for bb's first yr...so far ok leh...

jjj mummy, agree...i am v hungry in the morning n lunch...dinner no appetite le!! so bf & lunch i can eat alot!!!

missus bl, no pain leh...i still cross my legs as usual leh cuz habit liao!

shasha>> i juz vomited my chicken chop out. faintzzz...

sporty>> lucky u! i dunno y i always feel cramp but everytime i ask the gynae, they said nothing on the scan leh.. could be due to uterus expanding and ligament stretching too. T_T i juz hope bb is not affected, can liao.

missus BL - dun worry. At least, u are not like me. cause on last week I q up for Hong lim Complex curry hainai noodle for 1 hr, eat 15 mins & after 15 mins, I vomit everything out. My hubby says i wasted money and time going there.

TIE..I think Dr roland save the video clip coz the bb was sliding up n down and sucking the thumb..n not ZZZ that y he save the clip..Maybe your next scan when BB is also Playing,he will also save the clip for you..heehee..

Missus BL..try to put yr feet on the pillow when you sleep every night to avoid numb n cramps..i encounter numbness so when i sleep with putting my feet high,i am ok..and better[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shasha>> i have dull ache even walking or standing too long! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

the hainai curry noodle is yummy! sold out fast too, haha.. hubby drove me to ikea for their chicken wings cos i was craving for it, ended up i only took 1 pc and vomited everything out!

Back