(2011/12) Dec 2011

mummies eating guava, do you eat it plain or with the sour plum powder? We can still take sour plum powder right? Craving for some guava now, my dinner made me feel sick after it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dacylet - try prunes. supposed to be even better for constipation.

kimiko - i take with just abit of the sour prune powder. I guess its OK bah...

I eat with powder... but i feel bloated after eating guava dey. now i switch to apples, watermelon(yes, i got scolded but i still take), etc that wont feel siap after eating.

then again, i eat anything i crave cos my food intake is very minimal since wk 6 onwards.

bunny - think you are correct. just eat anything that you have some craves for in moderation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] having some food in stomach is better than having no food....

Hi Bunny, actually I also eat watermelon on and off but in really small amount. Coz sometimes too heaty, watermelon helps.

Hi Clarrisa, ya I also think should be ok. I eat sour plum even so why not it's powder :x Shall hunt for it soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dacylet, clarrisa

I thou too much guava will cause constipation, cause my mom always says guava is a heaty fruit like mango. But prune n papaya r definitely good to ease hard stool. Anyway, the best would b drink lots of water.

Dacylet, if still bad u may want to take Duphalac. It is safe for pregnancy use. My gynae just prescribe for me.

bunny. hmm.... a lot of ppl scold me too ... but i check with my gynae, its ok if u take in moderation. hahaha he was like unless u take more than 4-5 glasses of watermelon juice. 1 glass or 1 slice is fine. i been taking papaya and watermelon lol and avacado shake.

Kimiko: there is no need to intro pacifier to baby. I tried w my boy n he hates it but loves his fingers[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] the plus point of pacifier though is u can wean it off fairly easily but fingers harder.

stella - i read you are experiencing ms in this preg. hope you are feeling OK... hang on there, it will pass...

jay - no le, guava is supposed to help with stools esp with the seeds. cos its high in fibre. maybe you can surf on 'benefits of guava'. it works for me in past and even this preg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] just try la.. if it works, than take, if not, than put it aside. no harm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi morning mummies,

Thanks yallo, u reminded me to put in car seat in my list of things to prep. N FYI, I heard fr nov mummies they also go for pigeon sterilizer cos roomier n can sterilize pump parts at same time ;)

Hi Gretal, thanks for the tips on the stroller, pump rental n yes, have included thermometer as one of things to get ;)

Thank you mummies for sharing!

Hi kimiko,

I was on pacifier since young.... My teeth are straight leh n I dun think my lips are pout... Keke! But I agree it's something bb can do without, so I won't intro unless Bo bian.... My nephew was intro so that he can soothe himself to sleep better but after a while, he himself rejected it!

My MS is getting worst! Now I hv difficulties slping at night cos my head is spinning hard & I feel cold even my air con temp is alrdy 26degC!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

This morning, dunno wat my in-law's cooking.. Make me wanna puke out when I smelled the food. And so finally after so many days of wanna vomit but nothing comes out, I finally throw up something...

Then earlier, got a call on work stuff.. Feel so emo that I cried.. Like so many gng on but I am so weak now that I can't do much. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

missus_BL: take care ya. Try to see if there's any comfort food that will calm you down. Fruits work for me.

Ladies, may I know what are the fish oil brands recommended by your gynae? I am using ProLacta with DHA for Mother. Thinking of asking friend working in govt hospital to buy more for me in case this is not sold there. =)

Hi mummies,

You may find this shopping list useful:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/2646020.html?1275816429

dacylet - yah, no need to fast for blood test. Gd luck for urs!

missusBL - I tink we can all empathise. Dont tink too much, go do the things u enjoy and switch off for a while. I will be alone at home the whole day today...also feel super sian...and I have 3 work files to go through by tonite...all backlog cos someone else in office not doing her share of work and me preggy woman had to do for her and clean up her shit....and then i am now hvg cramps (since last nite) probably due to stress and overwork...SO I have decided to just chill and nua on my bed the entire AM. No one's more impt than our own and bb's wellbeing. Look on the bright side...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Generally I think no harm using pacifier.. Both kiddos of mine use pacifier and easy to wean off too.. Much easier then if they suckle their fingers!

Hi, I'm from July 10 thread.

I have bags of bb clothes to be given away. Be boy or girl. PM me if you want. Self collect at Yishun or Toa Payoh

Hi All,

this is my first time in this thread & hope everyone is doing fine..

i just visited my gynae this morning and super excited noow.. hope to join in the discussion to share the mass joy.. kekekee...

catching up on some of the older threads & saw the discussion on bb items and pacifier.. just want to share my thoughts here..

bb items - infant & babies dun go out that much, to stay away from the virus outside so i guess it is ok for handdown items.. can save the $$ for other items like diapers and milk power.. having said that, it is also gd to hv afew pcs of new clothing so the bb can look his/her best on impt outing..

for pacifier, i personally would think that pacifier is ok for nap/slp time.. weaning off can be a prob if prolong addiction is involve..

Hi,

I have a 2nd hand babyplus for sale at $260 neg. Used for 5 months and still in good condition. Comes with original box, pouch & instructional booklet.

Pls sms me at 90672485 if interested. Thanks!

I just went to see my gynae this morn. He suggested that I may get warded into hospital for about a night to be on drip because my ms has been persistent for weeks.

What do you all think? Will drip reduce or stop my vomiting in weeks to come?

Should I go or just ren at home? Going to work is a real prob as I will be like puking at my desk.

Hope to hear your advice especially mummies who have gone thru this before.

Hi stardust25, the shopping list will be very helpful, thanks a lot!

Hi Decmum, is it because you are dehydrated from puking that your gynae asked you to be place on drip? For what I know, I was asked to admit myself into hospital to drip if I got dehydrated from all the puking when I was having bad MS.

Oh my goodness. My eyelids dropping close but cannot sleep. Holding on for quite some time coz aircon guys servicing/repairing and hubby has to step out. So difficult to keep awake! Dunno how long more they need. Its supposed to be 10mins to completion but now already 30mins. Yawnnnnn.

Oh, so anyone has recommendation for fish oil? Thanks!

Decmum.if e dr advise tat drip will make u better..pls do so..u need to feel gd so bb aso feel healthy n gd too[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think likewise too.. If admitting and be on drip is the Dr's advice n it make it feel better then go for it..

Most impt now is u r fine n not dehydrated from the puking.. Btw, if ur conjuring is persistent, u might wanna consider getting the puking tabs from ur gynae to standby... Get well soon yah...

Hi mummies, I'm from nov10 thread.. Selling of some of my cream away cos I've overstock.

Desitin nappy cream-creamy 4.8oz Exp04/12, selling @$10

Lasinoh nipple cream 2oz Exp 09/12, selling @$12

Interested? pm me.. ;)

Clarissa: thanks! Im hoping the ms wil end soon but at 6 wks plus think got a long way more.

Stardust: that's a useful list that covers everything. A gd tip is dun over buy though. Get as many 2nd hand if possi coz baby is gg to outgrow in no time. I went overboard in the shopping dept n 1/4 of the stuff my boy nvr even got to wear [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] . Ooh n thermometer has to b e armpit kind. More accurate. The ear one too big for newborns. For number 2 think will stick to 2nd hand stuff n a few nice new gg out clothes. Save the money for more diapers hehe. Also if getting waterproof sheets dun bother with the kind sold especially for matresses. Get the blue incontinence sheets sold in pharmacies. Cheaper n disposable. Don't hv to wash. Aft a while baby wil hardly wet the bed when you find the right diaper.

Hi mummies,

May i know where you shop for your maternity wear previously? Affordable and more variety? Did any of you buy from the online portals? Any recommendations?

Stella - haha, agree. Thks for all the tips too. I don't intend to buy anything yet unless it's an essential (i.e. cant use 2nd hand and a sale crops up). Even for maternity clothes, I'm asking my sis to pass me.....

I think i'm somewhat past my 1st trimester. Since fri, i've been able to stay awake till 11plus. MS is also minimal. Last night I didnt even need to wake up to pee.....It feels like....ME...again....then paranoia sets in...oops...so now I dont know how's bb......

Tie, for my #1, I got normal wear n several maternity pants only...

Stardust, how many wks r u now??? I am counting down to tri 2 too...

Used only twice : Avent Digital Bottle warmer selling at S$70. Please PM for details

Brand New: Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags (50 pieces) letting go at S$18. Please PM for details

Hi stardust, I can share what u are feeling, sometimes I feel so normal that I get worried, sometimes will feel nauseaous in evening. But my Appt is tml, hope to know everything's well. When's Yr next Appt? U done w Oscar?

I can't take it liao with no more clothes to wear and the current too small underwired bras are killing me. I can't be out too long coz the bra is usually hurting me a lot. Today finally in btw viewings, went maternity shopping. never spent so much at a go on clothes b4. >$600. oh gosh. hubby's jaws dropped but said some money has have to be spent (lucky their items can last all the way till full term). no choice. i'm eldest with only brothers so dun really have hands me down. but feeling happy with new clothes and bras! i have dress for 2 weddings next mth to wear liao. =) However, some items they will customise make bigger size for me but gotta wait 1-2 weeks though.

In another few weeks, most would have passed 1st trimester. hang on there for those with bad ms ya.

Wish to sell the following items:

S26 Stage 2, 900g: Price S$33 each. Quantity: 2 Expiry: 21/01/2013

S26 Stage 4, 400g: Price S$15 each, Quantity: 2 Expiry: 05/09/2012

Friso Gold, 900g: Price S$36, Quantity 1. Expiry: 06/07/2012

while stock last, self-collection at sengkang / buangkok area

Kikomo, is due to bad ms. Today even worse, once eat will puke. Doc says maybe after drip ms might go away which is why I am considering.

Hi stardust, how do u know u r in week 12? Is it from date of first day of last period or through ultra scan?

Hi dec mum, u have iPhone? Can dl the app call 'what to expect' or babybump' to track, by entering either Yr edd given by doc or your LMP, date of first day or last menstral period. If u dun hv iPhone, I think u can do so online too at the bb website. Hope Yr ms subside soon ;)

stardust - I'm at Week 12 too. MS seem to hv improve slightly but I still need to wake up to pee a few times at night thus i feel very exhausted by noon time having disturbed sleep. No MS I feel paranoid too ..

Littlefren - my appt is tmr too. gg to do Oscar. I'm excited and worried at the same time. hope our little darling is doing well ..

Littlefren & littledarling- we r so hard to pls rite? Haha. Don't worry I'm sure bb is fine n well when u see the little one tmr! I'm always so excited when I go for ultra sound. My pkg has unltd scan so I may juz make full use of it to c bb. My nxt apptmt is in mid jun cos juz had one last week to do Oscar.

Decmum- it's based on scan. If based on lmp, tis my week 13 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So many mummies doing Oscar tml, how I wish my appt is nearer n I can see bb again.. I am also counting down to wk20 detail scan, by then will be able to confirm the gender of the bb

TIE, me too. No clothes to wear. Very e sian to go out since I have bloated so much. Maybe next week then go buy clothes. Monday blues now.

Hi Jasline

u may try my previous CL -Xin Hua. I was very thankful to her cos she really help me a lot....

U may PM me if you need her contact...

@Stardust: thanks for the list! it is indeed very helpful!

@TIE: me too!! i feel so balloned!! can u share with me where did u buy ur maternity clothes??

i have been so tired that i m resting at home for the entire weekend!!

@Elaine: thx! is she a m'sian? reason is bcoz i tried contacting a few CLs recommended by other mommies, but bcoz my EDD is 24-dec and it cross over to CNY hence many of them 'rejected'... i managed to tentatively secure a sporean CL thou.. hopefully she will be of great help!

@mommies

how r u feeling? for me, i dun ve much MS... but i m feeling constantly bloated all the time, and 'release-gas' pretty frequently! makes me feel so upset with my stomach [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies my due date should be around an10jan 2012, but gynae say i can deliver safely after week 37 onwards around 21december -10 january.Yesterday saw bb heartbeat at 6weeks 5days via vagina scan.

@Dawn: is there any comfort food that can make u feel better?

ahhh!! me too! i simply cant wait for my 1st tri to end!!

counting down!! jia you!

JJJ_Mummy & Jasline: How many weeks are you and have you also put on much weight? I was around Kovan yesterday and a friend's wife suggest I go Perfect Mum at Heartland Mall. They have outlets at International Plaza, Arcade and Suntec. The sales assistant at Heartland Mall was quite friendly and not pushy. Only thing she pushed me to get are the bras coz really no good to continue wearing our usual bras. Their nursing bras are not see through and convertible to strapless plus got sale now. The clothes are quite nice. Since their clothes can last till full term, then not so guilty when I bought 1 week's supply of maternity clothes. I was so demoralised to go out coz no more clothes to wear plus bra killing me.

I felt tempted to buy more but then heartache. Another friend recommended Spring Maternity. I browsed through Spring's website, I think I prefer Perfect Mum's clothes.

Jasline: Glad that you booked a CL coz your EDD really not easy to find. Haha. I not only released gas but also burped so loudly. I was eating outside with hubby then burped soooo loud that my hubby wanna hide in a hole. He asked me if I can don't burp so loud. Haha. Too bad, beyond my control. Think for pregnant ladies, comfort is most important, face is last priority. Felt that I looked so ugly coz i ballooned too much, had outbreak, no clothes to wear and lazy to makeup.

littledarling, littlefren and stardust - i am supposedly to be into my 12weeks plus too! i too feel ms subsided quite a fair bit.. but i still have this lingering odd taste in the mouth. and I still do feel bloated esp after meals.. need to constantly burp. night time i also need to wake up couple of times for toilet time! am so glad that we are sooo near to end of tri 1!

Dawn - i know its tough but hang on there. end of tri 1 will come... soon. I always tell myself MS is a good sign. it means my HCG levels is soo good and that baby is keeping strong. all for the lil one. its worth it. hang on there...

can i ask..i got this local confinement lady who will come my place just 8-6 everyday and mainly help me with taking care of baby (feeding, bathing, put to sleep) and also cook for me. Thats all. the rest of the chores like clothes washing etc will all be done by my helper. HEr rate is 1800. Is this expensive?

TIE - i dont even wanna get maternity clothes...hahah..cheapskate me. I intend to just go get some loose clothings or bigger size clothings or drawstrings or baby doll dresses. so that these can be reused after maternity (like with a belt or something). also, mng usually have a sale during june. so that will be a good plc to grab some cheap trendy clothes too!

thx Elaine!!

@TIE:

i'm ard 9+weeks! and have put on abt 3kg!

somehow, my entire hip bcum so much rounder that i can no longer fit into my bottom!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

me too! my indigestion is rily so bad that i released gas and burped everytime after a meal!!

thanks for the info, shall go Perfect Mum tis weekend (hopefully not too tired to go shopping!!)

me too, suffering frm OUTBREAK, and feel so UGLYY!!

tink its really time to go shop for some nice clothes...

Back