(2011/12) Dec 2011

Hi Kimiko,

Thanks for responding! I had also submitted a request for a new appointment. How long did they take to respond to your appointment request?

Kimiko...chase them out they stay where? my SIL place? i know she got 2 condos lar, one 3 bedrooms and another 4 bedrooms...but i don't think this is the way to treat them no matter how much i dislike them...

they are partly my parents...if my wife do that to my parents how would i feel? so thinking abt these i cannot bring myself to do extreme things la...

so now i reach home...greet them...then go to room already...can laptop and tv there...if need to use photoshop or play game then go study use my desktop...

minimise contact hopefully means minimise unhappiness...

Hi wendy, my gynae prescribed me with anti-nausea and anti-stomach acid pills. I took whenever necessary because that time I really cannot tahan. But I find that vit B6 helps me a lot so I didn't take much of those "anti" pills. I also feel safer to take vitB6 since in a way its a very small tablet and its a vitamin. Now I felt normal except the occasional giddy spells and that I feel hungry every 2-3hrs. Recently I have problem sleeping becoz I have to get up every 2-3hours to visit the toilet and felt very tired. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Don't feel so stressed out, takes nature by its course. Right now you just have to concentrate on resting and minimise movement. Quoting from mummies here, happy mummy = happy baby.

Hi AC, I was stating the worst case scenario. We often say really nasty things when we hit the button. But I'm just curious, since your SIL has got so many places to spare why your in-laws have to jam in at your place? Sounds like they trust and like the elder sister better? Even with minimise contact, you still cannot let go of the fact that you are unhappy in your own house.

Hi Ms Carpe Diem, they respond quite fast, I remember I got a reply within the same day.

Joanne, very sad to hear about your loss. You must be strong. Get second opinion on why this time mc again. I heard from my fren that her sis was like this before, 4 times mc till she saw one doc in tiong bahru who found out that she is missing something and gave her medication. Thereafter managed to conceive not one but two lovely child.

Can you share with us what symptom or signal you get that led to mc? Do you have spoting prior or were u strained or stressed?

Hi bfly, I no multi vit leh. I all along eats my folic + duphaston only... Now I add on DHA and ermm if I can Annum.

@Wendy I'm 10wk now my Gynae is Dr Chen.

Btw I was given a few types of anti nausea vomit pills also from Gynae and GP. but I dint eat... I REN!!

Kimiko, do u hv the name of the anti-stomach acid pill you have been prescribed? I constantly have "heartburn" sensation just before I felt the sudden hit of hunger.

Thk u gals

Hi decmum

No sympton at all.. No bleeding too.. Sigh.. Can find out for me whose the gynea at tiong bahru who diagnose her problem? So happy for her that she can finally go thru it without any problem.. When will be my day to carry my bundle of joy again? I really din know n not sure will i hv a chance? Sigh...

@kimiko, i'm upset about the condo thing also...their current place is 3 bedroom, 1 for the elder kid, 1 is study and 1 is master bedroom...

they bought a new place 4 bedrooms at bukit timah cos they want to send the elder kid to MGS...they are moving to the bukit timah one next year as they will be overseas for 1 year...the current place will be rented out and the new place will be left empty till they come back...

i asked my wife how come they rather leave the place empty than let my in laws stay for this one year...seems like it's the in laws of my SIL who is against the idea... maybe they pantang the owners haven move in someone else stay there already or what la...(maybe they just stingy)...so since it's not my place...i'm not capable enough to have 2 condos...i got no choice but to continue letting them stay here...

they like the elder more or not is not for me to judge, but they certainly trust her opinion more...

yes i'm unhappy in my own house...and there's nothing i can do about it without upsetting my wife...so for my wife's sake i have to bear with it...

@joanne, u got any kids now?

my cousin's wife also MC 3 times...now she got 2 girls and a boy...all teenage already! so don't give up...take care!

Hi AC, I have never heard of 'pantang' about moving in before the owners. Its only whether they are ok or not. Looks like you got no choice but to bear with it then, good luck to you. Probably you can start thinking about what to do when they still refuse to move out at the end of the year.

Hi KK, I was prescribed "Antacid Double Strength Tablet" 50 tabs for only $5 and I only took 3. The tablet is round and big, white in colour. Have to chew before swallow one.

maybe they just don't like the fact that their DIL's parents are staying in the house bought by their son? even though they borrowed money from their DIL's parents to buy the house?

AC, yah I've called the same number, but wasn't able to get through. Thanks for sharing.

Kimiko, that's fast! Hope to hear from them tomorrow then. Thanks!

Hi happymok, mine is on 26 May when I'm at W12D3.

Hi Ms Carpe Diem, no worries [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi AC

Yes, thank god, i hv one son..

Hi Wendy

Me at 8th wk this wk n bb hb detect on 6w2d but hb n growth stop around 6wk 5 days.. ;( hv a smooth pregnancy..

Hi Littlefren, I almost forget to reply to you :x I can't rem whether we'll get the results on the spot but my impression is that we'll get results faster than other packages. One of the mummies replied that we'll get results on the spot.

Hi Joanne,

So sorry to hear about Yr loss. Pls stay strong n rest well to recover Yr body. What did Yr doc advise u? Did he request u to go for any test to find out the reason? Dun give up hope ok?

Hi hippy,

No prob! Glad that u checked w your doc. Hope the cream will work well n get rid of Yr blisters on Yr hands soon!

Hi kimiko n mamaash,

Thanks for answering my qn. Looking forward to scan on mon n nervous at the same time ;)

Thk u littlefriend

Yes, i been thru some bt today.. Hope can find the root cause n resolve it soon.. Without knowing the reason behind, i really got forbe if to try again.. Sigh.. Now only pray hard to know the cause fr the bt and got medication to cure it easily so that can increase my confidence...;(

hi ladies

i am leaving this thread... wish you ladies a smooth pregnancy journey.

hmm... i shd be 8 weeks today. but gyane is still not able to detect hb today. water bag has grown bigger, i can see the sac (yolk) big and round but the fetus is only 5mm. Last week was 2.4mm. my gynae is quite sure that the fetus is not healthy and some day my body will flush it out. I hv arranged for next mon to do a DC. yes, i am very sad but i wont give up and will still try for a dragon bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i like this platform, it's like my diary :D

i trust my gynae, but for a ease of mind and provided i can get a appt by Fri, i will seek for a 2nd opinion.

mamaash, pls remove me from the listing.

Hi Littlefren, don't worry too much! I'll be doing the scanning a few days after you. Be sure to post how it was like ok?!?

Hi Joanne, I hope everything goes well for you after you found out the problem. Meanwhile take good care to rebuild your body.

Joanne: Hope that you are able to trace to root of problem. Don't think so much first. Nurse back your body ya.

Bee: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the 2nd opinion will provide some glimpse of hope. Take care & be strong!

Seems like I might be the first to do Oscar tmr. Shall update the process. =)

Its another hot day. I usually can tolerate the heat a bit but now think our temperature is higher so gotta switch on aircon. Higher electricity bill for may!

Hi Bee, so sad to hear that. However like what TIE said, I hope the 2nd opinion will be more hopeful.

Hi TIE, yes please share with us how it's like! I have been switching on air-con since week 6-7, now the side of my lips have become so dry the skin becomes brown brown at the side [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Any mummies know if we can use the hada labo moisturiser? Also if we can eat magnum ice cream? The ad made me drool!

joanne

sorry to hear your lost.. this will be my 2nd mc too. same like u, no bleeding, no ms but just no hb. my gynae explanation, no bleeding means womb is ok, hb stop means fetus is unhealthy and it usually means the egg is weak not because the sperm is inferior. the fact that the sperm is able to swim that far and fertilised the egg, it is probably one of the strongest. she said all those support medicines are meant to improve the womb condition, not the fetus. of course, it is hard to explain why the egg quality is inferior... a few reasons she quoted are age, stress & health condition at time of ovulation... i will see tcm obediently after this episode, I heard the one at AMK ave 5 is really good... if u r keen, pm me for details. take care

TIE / Kimiko

Thanks, unlikely the 2nd opinion will change the outcome cos a healthy fetus shd grow 1mm a day. my fetus only grew 3mm after 7days... i am already very grateful to have a son, was hoping to give him another sibling so that he wont be lonely when we left the world. guess the time is just not right yet...

TIE, all the best for OSCAR test tmr

kimiko,

that's why it puzzles me why I am always feeling cold under a blowing fan or in an aircon mall...But i'm also quite certain I did not catch a cold.

Maybe its just my health not as strong as before, not exactly young anymore [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AC: had just seen this msg, no I've not tried emailing the last email you've mentioned. I'll try emailing tmr if I don't hear from them. Thanks!

Joanne & bee - so sad for you. Do be strong, remain hopeful and to try again. My aunt had 5 M/C before she had my 2 lovely cousins. Her story was even featured in young parents mag cos it was such a difficult journey. So pls do not give up.

Wendy - so happy for you that you can continue the journey with us. Take good care of yourself k!

On Oscar test, I did mine yesterday. It's just a normal though more extensive scan but bb must be in right position. Mine wasnt and was in fact sleeping. So gynae asked me to cough and the bb starting swimming, nodding, flexing limbs etc. Quite fun.

Blood test was ok...since I kinda am used to needles poking. I'll only get the results in 2 weeks' time so guess TIE and Kimiko shld be able to update the results earlier! Gd luck to all! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne n bee: I really feel for both of u.. But don ever give up ya. I believe the best is yet to come. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise.. Really. Have to be strong ya. Most impt thing is ur hubby is there for u. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my gastric and heartburn very bad these days.. wonder can go normal GP to see doc and ask for med or not... the med my gynae gave is not helping much...

bee: so sorry to hear tat... pls take good care of yrself... mini confinement & rest well ok!!

dawn: ya... another day... so sian leh... haiz.. another day b4 the wkend... i can't recall if it's rice wine tat my mum got me for my #1 confinement, it's used for confinement one. used for cooking with pork slices, or chicken. for soup can put some dom inside. but if breastfeeding, better to have the wine cooked b4 u consume, so the alcohol is evaporated b4 u take the dishes else bb will have a taste of yr wine! haha... heartburn i think tough to ask for help, u have to control wat u eat only leh... maybe try to eat only 50% full? & reduce any spicy dishes?

You can see normal GP but safer to ring your gynae to confirm that the medications given by GP are safe for the baby.

I can't take anything with alcohol content. Will get a bad headache for many hours. My mom tried cooking the confinment food with all the rice wine fully evaporated but I still got the headache.

Sometimes, it can be a blessing to stay with in-laws. I've been staying with my in-laws for 2 yrs+ now.. to stay in harmony, sometimes must ope,n 1 eye close 1 eye lah... I've to stay with my hubby's elder single full of sickness & inconsiderate sister! Imagine that my in-laws still have to take care of her when they're now 76yrs old! Before we moved it, my in-laws have been taking turns to stay in hospital. Amazingly, all sickness gone after we moved in... maybe my 2 darlings light up their life.. They're now my official school bus drivers as I don't have a driving licence. My kids learn to communicate better with old folks & v happy too. They happy... I happy lah.. Agreed kitchen tend to be messy but can leave it to the maid to clean up. Try not to go to the kitchen too often to see can already... I believe in setting good examples for my kids.. hopefully, they can follow my footsteps & take care of me when I'm old..hee..hee..

mamaAsh: prob is i can't seem to swallow anything... even swallow liao will vomit... so result in gastric and heartburn.... sian...

Cp: my hubby wanna bring me to KK A&E coz dun know GP give de med can eat or not ... but i am enduring... until i can't tahan...

morning all.

@Bee, take care!.

how was ur sleep mommies? these days i find it quite hard to sleep well. breast abit pain, kip pee, then abit gastric, here abit not comfy there abit not comfy.

Bunny,

Same for me breast pain and keep go toilet pee and i am those light sleeper kind so once i wake up i got hard time sleeping again.

I try remove bra when sleep better but hor i sleep side de sometime like ya dao de breast will feel pain liao.

all: yes me also everywhere uncomfy... haiz... these few nites everynite feel like vomiting but nothing comes out & keep burping!! when would this end?... haiz... ya.. me had been sleeping w/o bra, esp those w wired ones...

@Bee, really sorry to hear about your loss. So unexpected. Do take care!

@Bunny and Jas: I also has to go to loo at least once in the middle of night. Thereafter hard to fall back asleep. So everyday at work was like yawning. Worse, I have bad Morning Sickness which really happen in the Morning. Been taking anti-vomit pills every day, hopefully is really safe.

Breast wise, sometimes pain sometimes no. I also do not wear bra to sleep which helps better.

CP: i think if i live w my in-laws, i need to close 2 eyes!! even open 1 eye also find it hard!! hahaha... ya, i also hope my kids can take care of me when i old.. but i guess can't hope too much bah... now we will go over to my parents & in-laws place for dinner on alternate days fr mon-thurs. we find it very tiring, but need to let the kids know we still need to find time to keep the oldies company. They did ask y we need to go over for dinner? i would say cos they old liao, and if we not there, no one is there to keep to company or talk to them, so very ke-lian... so they oh.. ok... so when u & papa old, we also keep u company ok! haha...

I also don't sleep well at nite.. keep waking up several times then can't get back to sleep til a few hrs later... makes me feel v sleepy in the daytime.. keep yawning... Hoping will get better in 2nd trimester.. I don't want to feel sleepy & tired so easily when I go for holiday next mth..

Back