(2011/11) Nov 2011

Hi Ladies, I am looking for mums with 13 to 36 weeks pregnant for a short 15 mins survey in our office on formula milk brand - Abbott, e.g. Similac or Gain IQ. Criteria : You must not reject this brand and may use this brand in future. Token: 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Kindly SMS me your Name, age, how many weeks pregnant to 97640028 ASAP.

Hi vis,

Yes. Overall bill for the glucose test including consultation plus the renting of that item, needles & test strip costs over $200+.

The diet is as follows : -

Breakfast:-

Wholemeal bread

Egg

Milk

Mid-Morning:-

Snack

Milk

Lunch:-

Rice

Meat or fish

Large portion of vegetables

Fruit

Mid-Afternoon:-

Same as mid-morning

Dinner:-

Same as Lunch

Supper:-

Same as mid-morning

There are also alternatives. For snacks, mostly I ate 3 pcs of wholewheat crackers. Now I feel so sick of wholemeal. They also written how much we should eat.... Like 1 medium bowl of rice is equal to 12 tablespoons rice, 3 slices bread, etc.

Not used to eating so much snacks in between. I kind of over eat. I think the thing is tat if order outside food, not suppose to eat all. So, sometimes I forgot. Yesterday almost finish 1 portion of rice outside while drinking just old cucumber with pork soup, I'm soooooooo full that don't really feel like eating snacks. In fact, so full that I have gastric discomfort.

Drinking milk is another thing. I hardly drink milk so often as to drink 4 times a day. It's either those low-fat milk or the soya bean (no sugar). Probably I'll buy plain/artificially sweetened low-fat yoghurt or high-calcium soymilk (unsweetened) as alternatives.

stomach cramp

I just called up my gynae to ask after my stomach upset after taking the multivitamin. She said it should not be the cause. But I have monitored few days. The cramp comes after I take the multivitamin. It is strange.

Does anyone here has any stomach upset / cramp? What did your gynae suggest?

Thanks

Hello mummies,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I was previously from Dec '11 MTB group.

I have a brand new set of Ameda Purely Yours breast pump (US set - w/o local warranty) to let go which I purchased earlier before my miscarriage. Now I have no use to it & would like to sell it off.

Interested mummies who like to take over, kindly please PM or email me at: [email protected] ya.

Thanks.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5896122.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5896123.jpg]

Gd morning mommies

Leg cramps

Thanks moms for the various recommendations [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I almost have it on my other leg this morning and i quickly cover myself w blanket. I suppose now that i feel hotter i tend to not cover myself but the leg may not be able to take cold too much like the upper body. Maybe i shd be drinking some fresh milk or powdered milk soon to up e calcium level. Already on multi-vitamins and calcium not enough haiz. Hopefully ok.

Shjean

Not sure abt cramps after multi-vitamins? Maybe drink more water? When do u usually eat that? After breakfast or lunch? Abt the same time?

Ur new diet plan seems good as can eat many meals. I like to take many meals and i think the plan looks gd for mom and bb.

Shoes

These days i wear mainly open toes shoes as the flats r tight. I like fitflops, birkenstock and sandals. Flats cannt wear too long else painful. Feet usually tends to fatten a bit during preggy days just like our body fatten everyday.

Littlebb

Yes washing toilet can be very tedious for moms for us now. I can identify. I wonder how i can cope when i move back to my flat next month. I am also those who cannt stand toilet being too dirty. Furniture dusty i can close eyes but not toilet and my bedroom. Wd prob get a part-time cleaner to come clean up the place weekly to tide over this period of time.

Cooking/ Eat out/ Tabao

Do u cook for family for those sahm? For working moms, how do u settle ur dinner, mainly eat out, tabao? I wonder if i shd start the tingkat in sep once i move back to flat or just tabao or make light dishes for family.

Simp,

How many members in your family? If working, will it be rush if still need to prepare the dinner? For simple one, can still try. My colleague do as that, she prepare the ingredient at night, and will cook a boil of soup with slow cooker in the morning. Then come back fry the dishes.

Else, can consider tabao back. Tingkat food can try, but after 1 or 2 month you may sick of the food already..hee..

Hi mummies,

I'm doing my Doula course and for my certification I need to support two ladies thru their child birth. I'm a mum of two babies given birth naturally, first child without drugs so I know the experience of trying to go natural birth.

Would any mummies be willing to let me support you through your birth to achieve your perfect birth experience please PM me.. I will just have an angbao for my transport and helping you thru your perfect birth experience.i can be in the delivery room with your husband, so no worries about your husband not being able to attend your birth. Don't feel shy to approach me if you are a low income family. We can work something out :)

Hope to see your emails/PM soon.

Linda

More information about a doula and its benefits

http://transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/Doula/doulahome.htm

Dear admins, this is not really a advertisement, i just need to support mums thru their birth and i dont earn since the fee is covered for my transport only.

Hi Simp,

Usually I take after meal and I think I drink a lot of water. It is strange. Today I did not take and so far no cramp. I will monitor few more days and see how. Thanks!

BB movement

Think these 2 days my bb did not move as active as usual. Although last time he still moves when we talk to him. hope he is ok.

Discharge

I always got white / yellow discharge nowadays. My friend says it is because I drink some cold drinks. I try not to drink but sometimes really craving for cold drinks.

Cooking / Eat out / Tabao

My mum is staying with us now but sometimes we really duno what to eat also. Usually she will cook one soup, one meat / fish and two vegetables. Before that, I will use slow cooker to cook one soup, then cook for 1 vegetable and one more meat / steam fish. Sometimes we tabao food also. But very hard to find light & nice food. I got friends order Tingkat before and after a while they feel very sian. And they discovered the soup everyday got the same taste. And another disadvantage of tingkat is they usually deliver afternoon time and put outside of the house. However, no matter it is home cook, eat out , dabao or tingkat, after a while we will feel bored.

Hi katherine,

Ohh so baby must move at least 10 times btw 8-9.. is the movement in continuous mode considered 1 or several times? like sometimes bb will kick and move ard 2 or 3 times in a min. so counted as 1?

Hi Simp,

u can drink nutrisoy milk or eat yogurt if u dun like taste of milk. also got calcium.

i also think tingkat will be quite bored after awhile..i normally eat out or eat at inlaws house. seldom cook cuz by the time reach home super rush and late.

u can cut and prepare all the ingredients the night before if cooking. slow cook a soup in the morning, reach home steam the fish/tofu and fry the veggy. or tabao from zhi char stall rice with meat to add on ur soup. for simple meals.

shjean,

maybe u try to eat ur multivitamin halfway btw ur meals?

hi mummies,

almost falling asleep in the office.. zzz...

so come in to read..

shoes

my first pregnancy, my feet swelled quite badly quite early prob because i was on my feet most of the time and i bought a pair of clarks. It was quite ugly haha but really quite comfy and i thought it helped my backache a little as there was more support. I think drinking more water in the day also helps to ease water retention.

BM storage bags

I stored my excess BM using Pigeon and Lasinoh. I found these two rather good cos they can be stored really flat in the freezer and that saves a lot of space.. Tip is to make sure the surface you lie the milk storage bag on is flat otherwise you'll end up with a awkward shape when the milk freezes. Tried Medela but the bags dun lie flat and they take up quite a bit of space.

Hmm but having said that, my #1 absolutely hates the smell and taste of frozen BM. He didnt take any of the bags I stored! Maybe because he has been taking fresh ones until when I was about to go back to work then I start him on the frozen ones. Too late, he was not used to the taste. So I used those frozen milk to soak my feet and even then I couldnt stand the smell myself! haha.. so ended throwing the packets away...

ahh.. now i feel so much more awake, back to work.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

misty,

Thks for sharing on the BM storage bags, me feel sleepy too..Nowadays will be lazy go out after work, think have a good rest at home is really a bless lor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~ But if there is dinner with fren or need do some shopping, I will try to go out as well..

My first pregnancy won't really success on the BF, can share out some more tips? If first 2 days not much milk, can still let baby latch on, then proceed with FM? That time I only try to pump out, as baby too hungry to latch on and maybe my milk flow also slow and less..

Twink

Ya, I also do feel ticklish at times.. That feeling is uncomfortable and wierd.. hahaha

Little bb

Where can I get more information about the seminar? Sounds interesting..

Shoes

Me too, realised that I can't seem to walk as much as I used to be.. My leg aches badly.. In need for comfy shoes as well..

Maternity leave

Have you ladies planned your maternity leave? My boss (male) seem to have "forgotten" that Im pregnant.. Haven talked to me about it, does not seem to have any intentions about hiring part timers and no arrangements so far on who to take over me when Im not around. Worst is, keep talking about year end plans when Im obviously on maternity leave and giving me instructions.. Its clear that he knows I will be away coz my colleagues keep sounding it out..

Also, I don't wish to take pregnancy as my excuse and skip the work im suppose to do but he is assigning me task like joining the setup for events (moving of props), moving of stuff, packing (requires a lot of bending), etc.. I know its my job but these task are really not easy for me now but im still doing it, while worrying abt myself carrying the heavy stuff. Work is making me really stressed up these days, not forgetting that our due date is getting nearer and I do not seem to know how to take care of my baby.. Also, my mum seems to be telling me a lot of "advises" to tell my confinement lady.. I mean, my confinement lady will tell me A while my mum will say " is it? sure meh? Dunno la" those not so encouraging words which makes me worried.. While I want to please my mum and assure her that my CL is good (coz I didnt take her recommendations), its stressful when different ladies have different opnions on what to do or take care of the baby when it is out..

Sorry for grumbling.. :p

Hi Evelyn,

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yah i feel like resting at home too.. hais but sometimes going back home also tired cos #1 is getting sticky.. haha maybe realise some competition coming...

For my first, I didnt have milk initially too... at the hospital was nothing, didnt even see the beginning thick liquid (cannot rem the term, pregnancy brains) but just let baby latch at regular intervals. It is very impt to get the nurse to teach you how to position baby and def must get baby to learn to latch in hospital cos at home nobody to help le.. Back home also do the same.. latch regularly. One very impt thing to rem is that baby has his/her own reserves for a few days and even with no mik can survive. Try out pumping to further stimulate the milk flow.. The breast will not be used to producing milk and pumping also wouldnt give you much yield, at most a few ml for me then. But perserve and do not give up! One day I just heard baby gulping away and I was so happy! Then you will know he is drinking [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The beginning is the most difficult, just keep going at it and rem BF is a very very natural thing though it can be hard work.

The best advice I got was not to stand by formula milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so I had nothing to fall back on and i was insistent on breastfeeding. So get hubby on your side and do not give in to anyone's suggestion or comments about baby being hungry.. My mil even commented in the hospital in front of my hubby's friends while I was latching baby and baby was crying that I have no milk.. grrr... imagine how i felt! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so angry!

Hi Misty,

Agree that the beginning is most difficult, and must be persistent. I have same worried, as when milk not enough, mil will definitely say give alternatives, like formula milk lor. At their time, it is promote with formula milk. So, they won't believe on baby can survive without milk for the first few days..

I can only try to latch on and pumping, and hope my milk supply can build up. Then baby can happily enjoy my breast milk. Thks for your tips.

My mil stay with us now, i also hire a CL. I already tell her since hire the CL, shall let her in charge of the cooking/take care of baby.. don't give too much comments. Unless there is really something unreasonable. Hopefully it will be a smooth confinement for me too..

Hello mummies,

I hope everyone here have a smooth delivery!

I am mother of 3 and all of them are breastfeed babies. I understand the stress of breastfeeding including worries about milk production.

I do dual breast pump rental in a reasonable price. You can choose to rent as low as one week.

Happy expressing and we all try our best for our babies!

Interested please pm me

hi all mommies! Finally, its Wed liao =pp.. another 2 days to the weekend! Yippes..

Tummy cramps

I oso have slight cramps on and off, but its not prolonged, so I am not so worried. Besides cramp, I am oso having slights pains -- think could be due to the tummy stretching. And nope, dun have tummy cramp after eating multiv and fish oil.

Vagina Tear

I heard its the gynae will cut the vagina during delivery as the opening will not be big enough to accomodate the bb during natural delivery. But we wont be able to feel the pain as the contraction pain is much more intense. Maybe experienced mommies wanna share their experiences =pp

BB Movement

I am now in my 27 weeks; yepp, can feel bb movements more but not so agressive yet as some of you have experienced. Maybe becos mine is a gentle girl ... hehes... Yepp, I am also enjoying it, so is my hubby! =pp We get very excited over it.. lolxx.. The joy of preggie.. =pp

Shoes

I also havent get new shoes yet. So far can still squeeze into my old shoes. But i will change to slippers at office; more comfy. but, yes, can feel my feet getting puffier and fatter ... So far not much water retention yet...

Doing housework

I am still doing housework too! I will sweep and mop the floor every week and wash 2 toilets once every fortnight. My hubby works on weekends, so I feel very heartpain to see him do =(( ... Though tiring, I am still enjoying it =)) But will feel tired/ backache after it ... and need a long time to recover, lolx... Will try to do as long as I still have the energy =pp

Childbirth Education

I didnt go for any leh cos I wanna go for the TMC lessons by Mrs Wong BB, but the slots were not suitable for us as hubby was working on weekends. Anyway, we will be having a CL, so hopefully, we will learn from the CL. I heard from my friend Mrs Wong BB is very good; she will ask u to contact her when u delivered and she will come and visit u at TMC and teach u hands-on on how to BF.. =pp

Backache

My backache not so bad yet; only when i bend down to do housework.. otherwise its okay. =pp

BM Storage bags

Misty, didnt know bb will also choose to drink fresh BM vs frozen milk... Anyway i just hope i will have enuff BM for my bb... =pp

Cooking @ home

I dun like eat o/s food. I knockoff at 6pm and i will reach home at abt 6.45 or 7pm and cook. It just me and my hubby; i will cook simple dishes like a vege, steam fish and maybe another egg/meat dish. I will thaw the meat the night before and marinate the fish/meat in the morning before I leave for work at 7am. Hmm, the cooking itself takes abt 30 mins. But sometimes when I am tired or too lazy to cook, we will also tabao lah...

Most of us are reaching or already at 3rd trimester. Jia you k! Another 2-3 mths to go!! =pp

Hey Rebeana,

I seriously think its not safe for you to carry heavy stuff or move things around -- can u tok to your male boss ... I mean in the event if something happens (touchwood!), no one is responsible but ourselves ! So must take care of ourselves (and bb). I think guys are like that, cos they never been thru pregnancy, they dun know how tedious is it for us loh (just like those pple who refuses to give up seats for us on public tpt!!) Since your team mates are concerned abt it as well, dun feel bad if your work ultimately get 'arrowed' to them... now its a critical period for us loh, must rest well and be happy and not be upset with work... =pp

I oso be having a CL and my mum and MIL will be coming over on and off to help - I am surely bet that they will have differing opinions. But one thing good is that my MIL is quite laid back abt my pregnancy -- so far, she doesnt really interfere and let us decide what we wanna for our bb. Its my mum who has a lot of ideas -- like using yao lan, which i do not want... But anyway, lets wait for bb to come out and take one step at a time. =pp

Btw, me and my hubby have decided to put our bb in a separate room =pp I hope the arrangement will work well for us =pp

Experienced mommies who have BF successfully -- Pls share with us your experiences and tips so that new moms like me can learn !! =))

Yes its Weds and tomorrow I'm going for my check up.

Excited to see my girl.

Yes any experienced mommies can share their experiences and tips so that we can learn. My MIL is the modern type and wants me to BF at least 6 months. But I'm kinda of worry that I do not have enough milk.

Hi Felixp

Yap,I agree with what you said.. That's what my hubb mentioned as well, hmmm, I think I really got to think abt myself..

U planning to put yr bb in a seperate room? Whats what I intend to do as well. Do you get a baby monitor?

Morning mummies,

Been a silent reader for quite awhile, like reading up on all of your experiences. I'm a first time mummy, expecting a baby girl end of Nov. It's really a joy feeling my baby girl's movements everyday. Feeling so excited, yet confused at the amount of stuff me & hubby need to prepare and buy!

Not sure if this topic has come up before, but now wondering if I should purchase a Medela freestyle breastpump? My SIL will pass me her Avent pump, but a good friend of mine greatly encourages me to get the Medela one cos she says it really worked very well for her. But it is exp leh, even online websites also cost around $500. The hubby tell me not to waste money to buy brand new, but then not his breasts wat.... lol....

Any advice from experienced mummies? Appreciate it!

Hi Rebeana, yes, we are intending to get one - so far I heard Phillips is good but expensive!! But I will get after Bb is born an before my CL leaves.. How abt u?

Hi cyn, this breastpump topic quite popular Hehes... My friend lent me her medala swing (but I still need the spare parts) .. But I still go and buy the medala pump in style abt 400+.. cos I feel that dual pump is better.. It's up to personal preference I guess.. U can choose not to get a new one till delivery after u have tried the pumps at the hospital [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

twink, cos that time i was on insert support, i guess i might have hurt it when i was inserting.

I went for my doc appt yesterday. Did another culture test to see if there's infection again. Seems like i've to do it every visit... sian...

Stomach cramp

I had asked doc abt the cramp. Doc said cos our tummy is getting heavier so the cramp is ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So i think if it's not the very bad cramp esp comes with lower backache it shd be ok.

Baby movement

Ya how to count the number of times huh? Doc did not asked me to monitor yet. The nurse told me at week 36 then monitor the number of times, 12hrs must move 10 times.

My baby is still at breech position, her head is on top, think that's the reason why i can feel her legs kicking my cervix since her legs are below hahaha... on my left tummy near the belly button, i can feel a bulge out and sometimes harden when baby trying to move, i suspect it's either her head or limbs, ended up it's her buttock hahaha.... but it's really amazing...

Dinner/Lunch

Sometimes i'll cook soup at nite for next day lunch and dinner. I'll bring abit to office for lunch and dinner will be for hubby and i [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If only soup or didn't cook, we'll just tabao since only 2 of us [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

berrypie, today is also my 3rd tri, 28 week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] we are the same ^^

Congrats to berrypie, janice and all those who just started 3rd trimester. It is an exciting trimester with bb arrival. Enjoy the last trimester every time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Evelyn, Twink, Shjean

I wd give it a try and try ur methods like preparing the night before, marinate in advance and see how it goes. There are just hb and dd in house so it' more like having to prepare for dd' meals and our meals can be more flexible. On days when im not up to mark or no mood, then tabao. If not then try tingkat.

Bm storage bags/ Frozen/ Fresh BM

Yes frozen milk taste horrible and metallic. It is a matter of getting used to it. I usually express and feed within the same week. BB wont complain but if u offer fresh milk for sometime, then they may choose. If they are used to frozen milk, then it is ok as it is still best for them. Only thing is that frozen milk need to need stored right inside the freezer and chiller. If we do open the fridge doors often then the lifespan of milk wd be shorter than the recommended 3-6mths in freezer and a few days in chiller.

I prob wd buy a smaller pack for the 1st 2month of bf to store milk for bb. Once supply is steady, wd do tbf. Nicer to drink for bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But if i work then i wd pump and freeze in fridge when im home to continue the supply.

BF

The 1st week of delivery, we literally have no real milk. It is colostrum and bb will lose wt in 1st wt if no fm or glucose water is being given to supplement. It is normal. BB needs to learn to suckle, an art they will acquire to fill their tummy.

I remember the 1st 2-3 weeks, milk can be as little as 10ml despite pumping for 20mins per side after bf. Later on abt 3 or 4th wk u will realise milk supply comes. Some moms have milk faster than others like 1 or 2 wks later, some may be later but it will come. Food intake and liquid intake also play a part on the quantity of milk produced later stage. It is good to drink warm water b4 and after every bf.

Bf mom eat alot as we get hungry easily esp at night. It is very tiring for all new and experienced moms esp the night shift when bb wake up every 2hrs to drink bm. A good pump will ease ur stress of bf initially, as it helps to stimulate ur breast and u dun wan to feel pain, helpless etc.This is on top of ur bb suckling to stimulate milk glands.

It can be a mental and physical challenge and only moms experience that. U have to battle with ur moms n mil abt ur stand in bf if u wan to do it. Bb can cry for no milk in the 1st -3rd week at night. for example, u bf bb for gd 30mins, the moment u unlatch, bb wd resume crying non-stop in 5mins -30mins later. U can do that for a few hours with no real sleep. No milk coming and bb is hungry, what are u going to do. U have to use ur instinct to tell if we have milk, if really no milk, u can supplement nite feed with some fm. Really wd be ur call on what u plan to do. That time my mom was doing confinement so not easy esp bb cries for milk esp at night. Night shift can be very hard for moms when mil or ur moms ard as they sure wan to interfere as they are experienced. U may experience post-natal blues. I have mild post-natal blues as hb was overseas and im only in the room w bb coping. Already my mom is doing everything yet emotional it can be a challenge.

The learning curve for bf moms 1st time can be steep but if u can get over it in the 1st 2 months of bb' lives, u will succeed. so give yourself 2mth b4 u decide if u want to bf or use fm. Last time i was a 1st time mom and din know the milk supply learning can be as long as 2month some as short as 3 weeks so depends on individual body and food intake. Milk really start producing visibly after 1 week/ 5-7 days later after bb birth but quantity from 30ml to 110ml per side of breast can take between 3 weeks to 5 weeks to come then u know all is good.

Besides bf, most asian bb have jaundice. Then u have to cope with that, learning to carry bb, bath them, make them sleep can also be difficult for some moms. So we take each step at a time and try to cope as we learn. Some have blues, some dun. But these are normal and part of being a mother.

This time round, i wd standby fm for nite feed if i have too little to start in the first few weeks of bb' arrival. When milk supply stabilise then i wd resume tbf for 6m then introduce solid food with fm. Plan to do it for 1 yr of bf.

Hope 1st time moms are mentally prepared for what is to come from my personal sharing. Now u know, u wont be so scared/afraid of what u can and cannot do [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Just do ur best. If can give bm, if cannt nevermind, ur love to bb is more important. My niece now 20m started fm since infant and she is doing well. She doesn fall sick easily as well. In fact she slept better at nite w fm since bb. My dd only started to sleep thr the night now that she is 3. So before that every nite i wd wake up for 2-3x either for bm or night terror or cant soothe herself to sleep. Even now still a challenge but most kids dun have my dd' habits.

Some moms have it easy w their bb, some harder but we will do fine. My bb is difficult to manage even now. She is such a handful at home compared to school and outside.

Wow simp -- thanks for sharing your experiences.. Really nice of you to type a long post for us and even nicer for 1st time moms like me to read your post and the things to take note of... Yes, wat u said really touches my heart -- no matter wat, we only wanna the best for our bb and hope they will grow up well, happy and healthy and all the efforts/ sacrifices are worth it =p

Simp, thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yes last lap already, getting more and more excited

Wow! It's really alot to learn and i've not prepare anything yet.

Dear All,

Nice to know all of you....

I am a first time mum too but not too away fm babies cos my mum had been a babysitter almost all her life and thus i am pretty well managed wiz the little ones...

Nw i am in my week 25. Baby is okie but just not sure if the movement is suppose to be alot or average cos there are days bb move alot but there are days bb moves little..

Also any idea if wk 24 at 800gram is bb consider undersized or average?

Janice, thou 28 weeks but my tummy looks like 32 weeks big (T-T)..

Simp, u r so detail...cant remember much for my first confinement as me too busy taking care for #1 as no one is helping me and din engage any CL, oni hubby help to bath the bb...just learn along the way. But this time confinement will be more challenging for me as i need to care for my #1 and #2...my mom will be helping but i doubt she can handle my #1...

Welcome kae! Not to worry..this weight is average...Our baby will start gaining more weight in 3rd tri..my bb is abt 1kg at 28 weeks.

Kae, at week 25 my baby is only 700+ and doc said it's ok. Now at 28, mine is now 1.1kg. yours is ok too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Berrypie, today my colleague said my tummy is getting bigger which i dun really notice and i also dunno how big it shd look like haha

Kae, mine will be on 1st Nov cos will be c-sect.

Janice, compare to my #1. This looks bigger and i had alrdy gain 10kg...foresee i will gain another 6-8kg in my 3rd tri...Hopefully, will be able to loose those weight after delivery...

berrypie, i see... wah already gain 10kg.. i only gain abt 7kgs+ now hee... 3rd tri will gain more right? after confinement i think need to go exercise to shed some weight :p

Felixp, thanks for your suggestion. I'm also tinking of trying out the pumps at the hospital first before making a decision. Guess my friend's experience really worried me...

Simp, thanks for your sharing! very useful for me

My EDD is 26 Nov, will be delivering at TMC w Dr Paul Tseng as well

Janice, 3rd tri will gain more but oso depend. Some of my friend gain 9-10kg throughout the whole pregnancy, some gain 25kg.....

I din eat much during my confinement cos too tired and i find my mil cooking doesnt taste nice....i lost all the pregnancy weight after 4mths, mostly bcos of breastfeeding too...

Cyn, you are also under Dr Paul Tseng [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] he's a man of few words but i like him leh hehe...

Berrypie, i heard breastfeeding will lost weight, hee... hope will shed some weight from there :p Hopefully my CL knows how to cook confinement food hmm..

Berrypie,

I'm same as you, 27th week gain 10kg already.. Also foreseen I will gain total of 18kg by full term..

Hope the weight do gain by baby and not me..

Janice, yeah he doesn't say too much, but will still answer all my queries. Plus, it helps dat he is handsome oso =D Opps out of topic heee....

so far i've gained about 7kg by week 25? But baby growing well most important. I feel so guilty sometimes, cos dun really "censor" the type of food i eat. Still drinking my cold drinks, still eating fast food. I guess dats the problem when staying on our own, have to dine out most of the time cos really difficult to cook for only 2

wow so nice of u all.. I am under Dr Lawrence Ang.. for me i had put on 23kg till date and i am in my week 25 now... That is alot rite...

Hahhahah.. I put on 7.8kg in my first 3 mths tho...Gosh...

Cyn, hahah yes he's handsome. My group of frens under him we all call him Dr Handsome. Even my hubby oso said so hahaha....

Kae, 23kg is alot!

Wow, handsome gynae -- mommies feel more inspired for each apptm i guess. Mine is Dr Ang -- My EDD is 20 Nov @ TMC =)

I oso put on around 10 kg liao and now in my 27 weeks. I oso hope to lose weight via BF. My bb is abt 550 g at last apptmt which is 4 weeks ago. I hope to see a heavier bb during my apptm next week =P

I also eat all kinds of rubbish, as and when i like leh. But i try to eat in moderation and not overeat.. Nowadays i feel full just eating abit esp for lunch and dinner, and feel like lying on bed after meals - such a bad habit =( I'll feel most energetic in the morning and will eat a hearty breakie of oats... Its for dinner that i will buay tahan and give in to my cravings ...

Felixp, hehe ya handsome gynae will be more motivated. but looking at his handsome face will make me forget to ask questions hahahhaa....

Me nowadays also didn't really control diet and recently i've strong craving for curry! every weekends i'll hv MacDonald Cheeseburger too aiyo...

Felixp, try taking durian. I heard it is suppose to help baby gain wt.

I also been eating all the junk food n baby weight is not bad. Edd is 4 nov, baby wt ard 1.5kg n I hv increased ard 8 kg. Think baby will come early as he is a big baby.

Simp - It's nice for u to type such a long message and can remember every single detail. Think we must tell ourselves everything is worth for the sake of our child.

BlueDream - Yes durian is good but SIL told me to stop eating once hit 3rd trimester. Too heaty for us. Try taking red meat. It will help us too.

Felixp-You can still do housework,thats great! Normal housework like cleaning and wiping im still ok but i cant bend down and up like vacuum and mop.Sometimes i do enjoy doing some housework to keep myself active.

Breast pump

I didnt know we can try out the pump at hospital? I have preloved Medela breast pump from my sister but i am also thinking to buy a better breast pump like Cyn.Since we can try the breast pump at the hospital then that will be great.

Weightgain

In afew days time i will be in week 28,Final tri..Prehaps we can all countdown the weeks together [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think i had put on about 7kg so far,i hope i dont put on more than 15kg throughout my pregnancy because i know i very difficult to lose weight.

Beauty sleep

I cant sleep well every night.I used to be side sleeper but now i cant sleep sideways for long.So i will sleep on my back then toss to the right side then left side.Its like whole night toss here and there.

My gynae told me that my next appointment at week 30,i will have to confirm the hospital ward.So fast have to confirm,i tot near delivery then confirm?

Littlebb, me too will toss n turn left right centre n my butt is aching so badly... For me at week 20 the clinic already book d bed for me already. So fast hor?

Back