(2011/10) Oct 2011

My BB also same thing.. bad times he'll cry almost instantly or aft 10min or so then cry.. sometimes he'll suckle for an hr or so till he dozed off by then I alr nod off.. n when I put him back to cot he'll be awake for few hrs!

last night ive been waking up every hour as bb cant get into deep sleep.

mommies, where do u buy cheap storage bag for milk?

Last night I also keep waking up at 4, 5 and 6am cos she was making so much noise and kicking her legs like v uncomfortable. But she never cry so didn't feed.

Freezer space

What do you do with the stored milk when your freezer space runs out? Is there anyway to buy a small freezer? I store about one to two packs a day in tr hope of feeding her EBM after I go back to work but now I have no space to keep them. Very wasted to throw away also

Am very sad with my hard breast. Tried hot compress, massage and feeding and all dun work. Even pump also only a few drops come out only.

Hi all,

There's no way to around it because as much as we read on the internet on ways to put baby to sleep etc, I believe our babies have their own biological clock which they are trying to adjust to. My baby will wake up the moment you out her down to cot even though she is drowsy or asleep already. This has been going on for 1 week !! And for nothing she will just whine and cry.

Today she seems much better. No crying and never demand to be carried. However she was crying for 2.5 hours before sh decided to sleep at 1.30am!!!! Last night slept till 5am (that's her usual waking time). At least I had 4 hrs of uninterrupted sleep. The few nights before she would also wake up at 4am and kick her legs and throw her arms in the air to play. Then after awhile I think she got bored and cried !!!!

I hope she will improve. Maybe that's the transitional period before they hit a new month in terms of their age.

Winny,

I'm using milk bags as it takes up lesser space in the fridge than bottles.

There are a few sellers on bulk purchase sells milk bags. The cheapest so far is the 1 selling by thelittleonesinmylife.

Btw I'm letting go of my playpen. Used only once by baby. Condition: extremely good.

Comes with carry bag and removable mattress

weight : 11kg

Folded: L76.5xw22xh21cm

Assembled: L104xw74xh80cm

Suitable from birth till 24mths approximately /15kg.

Playpen from mothercare. Retail price at $140. Letting go at $90. I can't upload the picture. Anyone interested pls feel free emai me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Creamdonut: if is hard why don't let baby feed on it. When bb is hungry just let bb feed maybe it will ease abit of pain. I see on YouTube they use cabbage but the cabbage must put in freezer first when breast is pain or hRard take it out and put on it and massage .

The milk bags are also sold in the stores like kiddy palace, so I think trustable.

Creamdonut,

Dun give up. Before pumping, massage ur breasts. Hot then cold cOmpress. After pump, massage again. My engorgement took about 1 week to get better, so patient and bear with the pain. Must press really hard to remove the plugged duct

Dun straight away use cold compress like cabbage coz it will reduce your supply. If ur breasts r hard as rocks, bb suck can help but not enough n massage is still needed. Else milk will jam inside ur breast n if too long can become mastitis.

Liao CindyEng (cosmoronymama): after feeding will be better but it did not go away. i dun know wat i am doing wrong, already exclusive latching and sleeping on my back but still get hard breasts...

Sweetsnow (sweetsnow): the first day the breasts harden, i keep pumping and massage every hr (saw this on website) and do bottle feeding the whole day. the pumping and massage did not help and the situation got worse as even my normal right breast also harden up at the end of the day. so i thought pumping made it worse and decided to latch on, and it cleared the right breast but the left side still hard. very sad. my milk supply drop until very very low because of the blocked ducts. i get only 50ml per pump now.

Don't give up. Drink more water base thing like soup or Milo before feeding. My cl give me drink Milo and red date water to increase my milk. Green papaya with fish boil with water . Drink this soup it will help supply more milk

Creamdonut l feel let ur baby latch is better. I can't clear mine with pump but bb latch it cleared. I let my bb cry abit la when she is hungry for she'll suck harder.

Alternatively, my fren suggested to ask hubby to suck but not all hubby willing la.

if i drink then is it more milk = more hard? since the "road" jam already, more milk = more jam?

jus fed bb agn, bt still hard. bb scream wen feed cos no milk. very sad

I just called KK Children Surgery dept but the appt slots are all full til Feb.

I'm going to try every week and see if any patients cancel their earlier appt.

Again i noticed the referral letter stated that my bb's lump may be a benign tumor... sounds scarry. sigh

Before you put your baby to feed, try squeezing abit of milk from it just to make sure there milk coming out than feed bb. When feed bb keep squeezing the breast to make sure milk is out. Jia you. How many day since you give birth le

I noticed a lump near baby's hip. I brought her to polyclinic and was referred to KK Children Surgery dept for more checks.

Doc say since baby don't feel pain when we press the lump, it's "shouldn't" be too much a problem, but nobody knows right? KK hospital's earliest appt slot for me is in Feb, and I'm returning to work in feb. I hope to spend more time to take care of bb especially if she needs to go for surgery to remove the lump =(

creamdonut: think maybe u ve to ask the malay lady to come to help u massage and to unblock the duct... if this go on, in serious cases, wld lead to infection... better try to unblock it as soon as possible.

Sweetsnow: Take care... m sure it would be fine... or u might want to go to a PD for another view....

Ya creamdonut, must do massage. If you want contact, pm me. Mine was done by this auntie. Not bad and very readonable rate but massage sure pain which is better than engorgement.

Sweetsnowt, yes is it possible get anther opinion from private hospital???

Cream donut I had blocked ducts the other day. The area is usually very hard n when you touch it it feels painful especially if you try stretch yr arms.

What I did was go for a hot bath and then continuously use hot towel on the area while you pump outvyr milk at the same time. You might wanna get yr hubby to help with the hot towel.

Cream donut,

You can call the MDM Emmy which I posted earlier.

Otherwise you consider a few more days. By the way, when u massage ur breast, you must press very hard ok, until you want to cry! Then it'll be effective

Baby sleep habit

My baby girl cant slee in cot again. Carried her till she dozed off n out her in cot. Three times during afternoon. She was doing ok in morning .

creamdonut

massage w hot towel then pump for 1o min. repeat for at least 3 times per pump.

sweetsnow

kkh appt is very pack. mine bb need to do a scan n earliest is jan also n appt was made last mth. m going back to work earlier to save leave if surgery needed.

Winny, let's hope our babies grow out of this difficult stage. Today my baby also started to eat n suck her fingers lol. Another challenge to wean her off. Lol !!! Jiayou !!!!

Mine too! Haha!

Btw mommies and Pofy, how many times is ur bb pooing? My bb is going to be 2mths soon. My mil feels bb having diahorrea as she poo abt 4 times and watery. My bb now having Bm + fm (NAN HA)

hi winny

mine bb poo alot of times. at least 5 times almost everytime she drink her milk. waste a lot of diapers n wet wipes. I did mention it to PD she say is ok. mine is on total bm.

My bb used to pee n poop a lot, like more than 8times but yesterday din poop n today only once. She's on total bm n I tot total bf should poop more.

My BB also used to pee and poo alot. He is also on total BM. But recently, he has been pooing about once or twice a day. If he poo once, the next time he poo will be alot...The poo will leak out of the diaper that kind. Very messy...

Yup normal to poo once or twice for total bf.

Receive this text from <dumex> Your 10-wk-old may be pooping less often, which is normal. The color may also change. More about baby stool at www.dumex.com.sg.

As for hard breasts. Cannot wait any longer. Really must exert force & massage. No choice have to tolerate. Use hot towel or hot pad. Bath hot water before massage. Drink hot water.

Another way to relief the hard breasts is I use those massage machine to massage the breasts. Those hand held type. The vibration will stimulate & clear the ducts. Actually the supply is not low. It is blocked. Baby got frustrated becos no milk from sucking. Thus must pump & pump. If possible, every 2 hour .

Also when pumping, the session must be longer. 10 mins left side, rest 5 mins to drink more fluid, 10 mins right side then rest 5 mins & repeat left 10 mins right 10 mins. Your supply certainly be back. Must be diligent in pumping or latching.

POO

So 4-5 times a day is normal. I'm still considering if the fm should be changed.

HARD BREAST

besides the regular pump, remember to apply nipple cream too otherwise nipples will crack. I used to have engorgement,sore and cracked nipples all at the same time. Almost went bonkers.

CRANKY BB

mommies who have bb like mine who doesn't want to sleep on own cot or hard to get them to zzz, are u giving ur bb pacifier?

Winny

Sometimes even if i give pacifier my BB won't wan otherwise he'll need me to support for him b4 he can suck it.. is this norm? Then sometimes when he finally suck e pacifier he'll cry agn once it dropped off..

at times when he's super cranky my BB on n off keep crying as thou being tortured! Why is he like tat? ytd worse crying almost stopped but suddenly shout n prolong his cries! N i went to bath jus slightly b4 his feeding time thinking he won't wake up tat soon since MIL jus coax him to slp who noe he was crying terribly b4 Im done n hb n MIL seem to blame tat I went to bath when it's time to feed. MIL didn't noe I went to bath n hb still say need to inform MIL cos she dunno n bottles r not sterilize can't FM!? Then when im trying to latch BB he's still crying then MIL comment tat BB's too hungry can't latch properly but I told hb BB also has been cranky e whole of ytd even I try to latch him previously he also cry terribly! Then hb finally realise it's true when I ask him to take over while I'm doing my stuff..

Looks like we all hv similar problems with cranky bb who dun slp. I supposed it's normal then.....

Dun understand y my bb can slp in the day but suddenly 3-5am refuse to slp n want to be carried.

Cranky bb

I offered pacifier n cuddle him closely to my chest n pat him to slp wait till he is deep slp then carry to cot but dun always work . I read that bb now will stay awake longer in the day. Else dont let ur bb slp too much in the day

Maybe yaolan really helps but kiv first

Pacifier

Need to hold for him till he can suckle well then when he zzzzz I will pull out n continue to pat him

My bb is cranky too. Thus we give in to Yao LAN as my #1 is not feeling well.  Really need lack of time.

My bb also reject pacifier. Actually it is good!

Bubblygeekypig, honestly I don't know how. I have not tried pacifier and very tempted to. Last night my bb crying like mad and also prolonged her cries like I've tortured her. When I put my finger near her mouth she seemed to follow my finger to I made fm for her but who knows she drank abit and continue to cry then rejected the whole bottle.

I told my hubby last night that I feel like giving up but I can't.

My wrist hurts due to frequent carrying and my back aches as there's no proper back support when feeding and carrying.

I'm a first time mom and I really do not know when this will end.

Sweetsnow, at least ur bb sleep in the noon. My bb seems sun want to sleep at all for whole day but can see she's very tired. She only dozed off for seconds then wil be "jump" from her sleep.

For me I use Yao LAN. Now bb is 9 months if he hard to sleep I will walk and carry around plus sing him a lullaby than slowly he will sleep. Sometime he is hard to fall asleep I will do the same but I will let him sleep on my bed beside me for awhile than slowly switch to his cot.

winny

I give pacifier when bb want to sleep but can't for sometimes. usually i will try to pat her first really no choice then give.

if your bb is a light sleeper even during daytime. on the radio n get bb to use to sound/talking/music.

Back