(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi mummies,

How do you plan to stop Bf w/o decreasing size of breast and won't be saggy?

Sweetsnow,

Which brand of Q10 are u using?

Libra bb

I only swaddle BB in the night as he seems to slp better

Candy Floss,

I'm using Nivea Q10. Not sure if it's effective though, but I just try.

Libra bb,

I saw the pic from the link you posted. My bb's condition dun look like that. I think her condition matches more of baby acne. It matches more of the pic I saw from babycenter website. Website say no need apply anything n just let it heal itself...

Winny,

I oso have problem with bra n clothes. Many online sellers dun carry big sizes so I can only get from boutiques. Boutique stuff more exp n i scared it'll be wasted $ when it doesn't fit later after we stop bf. everybody say my hubby v fortunate coz of my increased chest size, but my hubby dun like. He says it's too much n he tells his frens that! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Buy clothes oso problem. Again a lot of online spree sizes fun fit. Buy off the rack oso dunno get what size. S too small for chest, M too loose at the waist. Sigh

SweetsnOw yes!! My prob exactly! I bought many bras and tops online and NONE fit. And whatever I wear feels so auntie! M wearing nursing bra size 34D so imagine how huge. If you know any good place that sells clothes that suit us please let me know. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sweetsnow,

Any tips to share how u loose ur 16kg? Do u do any exercise?

Online shopping:

So bored at home w me and BB as hb is out of town, any good recommendation of sites for dresses?

Hi. My girl also have flaky and dry skin on one side of the cheek but no cradle cap that I can see so far. I just let it be but I try to put candula cream twice a week to sooth it.

Weight loss - I still have 6 kgs to go down from total gain of 14kgs. But mine is not water retention but real fats so I know will take some time. I have not been exercising for a long long time! The inertia to start again is so strong!

Hey Sweetsnow & Winny

Totally agreed. i think most breastfeeding mother share the same problem.

breast too big cannot wear S.

but wear M or L looks so auntie.

haiz....i keep telling myself for the sake of bb, have to ren first. bb's health more important than fashion sense.

no doubt sometimes will feel frustrated for not wearing the clothes we used to like.

Candy floss,

My masseur advised me to take less rice (carbo) and take more veg n meat.

Jam,

I took my bb to polyclinic for jab already. I called to make appt so no need to wait v long. Abt 5-10mins

Rash - today my bb's rash on the cheeks seems more flaky n got yellowish dry skin (like dried pus). I din put anything. DunnO what to apply. I hope it'll get better

Jam, I brought my bb to polyclinic for the 1st month vaccination. Took a total of 2 hrs on a sat morning. The queue for vaccination was fast, but cos its the 1st time we bring bb there the nurse says need to see doc first. To make sure that bb can take the vaccine.

So we were referred to another room. The doc then ask bb was ever discharged for jaundice before. Our last check was at TMC but the doc din tell us if bb is considred discharge or not. We were then referred to the lab for test.

In the end we spent 2 hrs there. Else I believe it can be quite fast.

keke...all the breast problem. Hahaha...

Sweetsnow, if slim down now and breast huge then even not proportionate.

Huishan, i'm still wearing my maternity clothes..keke...and always repeat those few clothes. So nothing really fancy but decent.

If buy alot clothes now, it'll be wasted later when our breast go back to normal size.

What i do now is just window shopping online...so tempted though.

Winny,

That's my predicament right now. I'm a D cup. I weigh 48kg n is less than 160cm tall.

I dunno what to wear or buy for Xmas, n CNY

Sweetsnow: So good of you to lose most of your weight during confinement. I still have a long way to go and dunno if I will be able to lose all. Sigh...

Libra_bb: I have stopped swaddling my boy since 3rd week.

PD

Any recommendation on PD? The current one I'm visiting is temperamental so I dun like. Preferably west area.

Candyfloss

My bb poo also greenish recently esp if it(s not a lot.. I also wanna maintain my current beast size once I stop breastfeeding but dunno if it happen.

Btw my BB can be v,awake for 2-3 hrs sometime betw 4-7 am n I can't make him slp n he keep feeding for v long.. anyone encounter e same? V tiring leh...

blbblygeekpig, no leh. Last night my bb slightly more awake so i let her lay on my chest and pat her.

Bottle Tits

Any mommies using AVENT tits? Do you change to No.2 when bb is 1mth+?

I'm still using the avent teats for 0 month. The salesperson told us that it can be used up to 3 months and my bb seems to be ok with it.

Hi mommies

How' everyone? Was stressed after cl left and bb develop colic and had difficulty managing him w hb during nite time and last few days. #2 keep wanting to suckle every hr and I'm really dry. On days when i thought he was lactose intolerant i stop bf and give soy milk instead of fm during nite feed. After we c pd last wed, realize bb was colic with a lot of gases. The flatulence give #2 cramp and cry as and when he is not well. Pd gave probiotics for his stool and anti-colic solution and has been feeding him everyday for easy management.

Any moms have bb on colic? My bb was finally cleared of jaundice after 1 mth of checkup and after cl left, things go tough on family.

Moms with more than 2 kids sahm without maid?

How did u all juggle between housework and kids? I really dun think i can cook on top of cleaning house, laundry, kids and feeding them. Wd test tingkat for half a month and c how it goes.

Hb and mil are suggesting getting maid in to help us. I think this is a gd plan to relieve a lot of work but i do foresee new issues like handling the maid etc. Not easy to manage human i feel and i want my privacy. Having CL gave me a clue on how comfortable it wd be for hb and me since there' extra helping hand to handle house and kids but can be over reliant on that and wd suffer if maid is no gd or she wants to go back home country then i wd be left high and dry again. Next i am not sure financially how heavy can having a maid be though the base salary and procedure cost seems fine. Any advise on those with maids for my consideration. If i have 3 kids under age of 5, i wd definitely get a maid for a yr to 2 to manage. With 2 kids, i think house may be messy and dirty but still manageable though i go berserk more often?

Rashes/Eczema/ Cradle Cap

Think this is part of bb growing up? I rem when my #1 had this, i went to c pd. Now with #2, i know this is part of their growing up and they wd be able to develop resistance towards rashes. I realized usually after 1st mth, rashes on face will start to show up all over slowly followed by some washed on neck and body. Last time i use desitine cream. NOw i just put some california bb cream. If no good then i try physiogel which last time pd prescribed for sensitive skin. Cradle cap also starting to show and it will be developing anytime and peak at 2nd mth. Just use olive oil or john & johnson oil on the cradle cap and let it sit for a few mins before washing away during bath time for bb.

winny: i am using the Goon but i find it not very good cause it is very thin and my bb does not really like it bt different baby different...if you dun mind, i can mail you 3-4pcs to try, mine is for newborn. i am using the mama poko, seem not too bad...still trial n error, so far, she has used pampers, huggies, goon and mama poko....

Pofy: how is ur encounter with your relatives on sat?

Candyfloss: my baby sometimes poo greenish poo as well, check with the PD when brought her for jab, the doc says is ok as long as it is not very watery.. anyway, i read somewhere greenish poo is cause of too much foremilk.

Winny

Last time I pat him on my chest still works but now can't.. tried all sorts of method but failed his eyes r wide open! Last nite awake from 4-10am! On n off put back to cot when he's suppose to be asleep but wake up e moment I put him down or at most 15min then he'll cry!

I'm still using teats for 1mth dun c e need to change n anyway most of e time i'll be breastfeeding unless I'm out n BB is left wif MIL.

I'm using Goon, pampers, mama poko, drypers n huggies S size, personally I feel goon n pampers r softer n bigger/longer n huggies has harder sides, drypers when I change will tear apart e sticker but anyway it's during change so ok. I'm also trial n error

Bubbly,

My bb too! These few days dun wanna slp in the evening til lik 11pm. Then at night 3-4am wake up for a few hours. Not hungry, diaper oso clean. Just want to carry else cry!

That's y I'm wondering if she hot colic that's y she's not comfy? Baby rash on her face should not b the cause of her sleeplessness right?

thanks for the advise!

Rejoy28, it's ok la. I'll stick to huggies for the time being.

My bb's poo quite watery leh. Something wrong? I tot bf suppose to be like this?

Sweetsnow

Me too dunno y he's not sleeping.. sometimes cry sometimes jus wanna be carried n talk to but I'm tired alr..

Winny

My BB's poo also watery for those yellowish poo, those greenish poo will be a bit only n dry stick to his butt

Hi bubblygeekPig, my bb also wants to be carried and I can carry him until I fall asleep! So my iPhone is very important..keeps me awake! Haha!!

Winny

Haha me too.. sometimes coax BB or breastfeed till I dozed off but he's so awake! I.also surf net n online shopping wif 1 eye close in e middle if e nite Haha!

Sweetsnow

I let my BB slp on his back cos I scare he dunno how to turn hid head n suffocate.. I got playmat as gift but till now haven't use yet.. cos staying wif in law n MIL need to take care nephew so totally no space!

Winny,

I am using dryper diapers and find it value and absorbent.

Sweetsnow,

My BB slp face up. Coz he can't hold his head well yet so worry he get suffocated. I have bought playmat but din start using yet may wait till he can crawl

Rejoy28

Thanks for remembering. It was a mini disaster which I m trying to forget. My 1st outing feed hit the lunch time at 12pm. He was screaming n I was going to carry him to nursing room but my mil ask me feed formula co's by the time I finish if I bf they wil complete lunch. I had no choice but to agree n it does sound logical. But as I fed lunch relatives arrive n of co's saw me feeding n ask how come no breastfeed? I said I do n guess wat? My mil said breastfeed also no use. Take so long n I m stil so fat. The theory of losing weight when breastfeeding not true on me! I jus shut up. Sigh. My next feed at 2pm they stil at restaurant! I had to bf if not I sure engorged. But I made a mess of myself. When bb suck he likes to at times latch n unlatch n sometimes when he stop sucking his mouth slighty open so milk will flow out. At HME it's ok I jus clean up but outside in public he wet my nursing top n I didn't bring extra. It was quite embarrassing after my feed co's the area under my breast was wet but I had to leave anyway. How to prevent them fr leaking milk fr their mouth? It's my first outing so I guess I was inexperienced.

Librabb,

Thanks for the link. I got try the shampoo but stil come back leh. In fact very difficult to comb off after I wash as I dare not comb too hard. I had wash many times wif shampoo n even olive oil still the cradle cap comes back. It makes his head stunk.

Hi pofy, I really hate it when those aunties said things that hurt us. Here we r trying so hard to give the best to our child and there they do not und. shit them! Last time my cl & mil will say HUH SO LITTLE MILK or SO LONG STILL NOT FULL? NO MILK MEANS NO MILK. Very sad and I cried but it made me even more determined and I heck them.

Don't care abt ur mil k? She's nonsense!

But for myself, if I go out, I do not bf. I give fm coz my bb usually suckle very long. Can take up to 1 hr.

Winny

Thanks. Yeah I already sick n Sian of

All their comments. Bf really take very long. Mine suck really slow n doze off on n off. Even bottlefeed he also can take 1 HR to finish. Plus I worry engorged tats why I bfeed. I also wonder why they must say such nasty things. I fat or not, got lose weight or not fr bfeeding also their problem. Damn Sian of the fact tat I hve to see them soon for christmas n cny. I still wearing maternity wear. Cny also dun know how.

Winny

Pd

I heard of pd at this clinic I think called kidzlink? Not very sure but its at the building beside lot 1 shopping centre at choa chu Kang. Another clinic I read in the forum is at railway mall. I think tat is near Bukit timah. Not convi becos no mrt. Lot1 sounds better. You might want to find out.

Did ur mil bf ur hubby? If yes then the more she shd und. Anyway I also wearing my maternity clothes!

I also dun und my bb. She suck and pull my nipple then she cry as the nipple is no longer in her mouth so it really

makes me wonder is it I have no milk. Any moms face the same?

Simp

Maid

I agree wif u on the privacy issue. Inviting a stranger into ur hse n start living together is not an easy task. Bound to take some time to get used to n also hve issues to settle.

Cradle cap

Mine bb over 2mth already. I hope to get rid of tis batch of cradle cap n tat it will stop coming to bug him again.

Winny, my bb also like that sometimes. Suck halfway pull out and then cry. For my bb it's either he wants to be burp or it's enough milk. Sometimes I just sit him up and he will burp automatically. There's wind in his stomach that makes him uncomfortable.

Diaper

I'm using mamy poko and is facing a problem of urine leakage when I place bb in yao lan. Urine will leak from the back when bb pee. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Winny,

My bb oso like wat MnM said, sometimes is coz diaper wet, sometimes wanna burp, sometimes wanna slp, yet she oso want to feed. I will stop feeding, then check see what she want before continuing feeding.

Baby acne,

Her cheeks look bad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Think maybe I shld try hazeline snow.

Winny

Same for my BB jus like wat MnM n sweetsmow mention I did w same n sometimes might be milk flow too fast or slow or he jus need to fart or poo Haha!

pofy - i use a washcloth to brush off. my bb eyebrows also have [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

pofy: dun bother.. think they have better nothing to do... till now i still dun dare to bring bb out by myself except to go clinic....

Sweetsnow

Colic i think bb cry and fuss more esp nite time instead of day time. My bb wd grunt non stop and fart and stretch and cry if there is no latching. Nite time struggling for everyone. Daytime at times also struggle. I din know it' colic until i c pd so if tummy hard and fart a lot but no constipation and cry at times when not latching may be a sign for colic?

BB Acne

Think now my bb' face like acne and neck as well. Must be the milk stain and heat rash. Hope it will resolve soon else got to check if it is eczema.

Pofy

Seems like ur mil not easy to handle. Sometimes when i bf in public i just leave my poncho on nstea dog taking out so in case my chest area is wet still got poncho or half cover nursing to shield the front. Just bf since u r the mommy. Mommy has the final say not mil or our mom.

Cradle cap

Usually stay around for a few weeks. My #1 started cradle cap after 1st mth, peak on 2nd mth then slowly no more. Now #2 also started showing signs of cap coming but i haunt started any olive or bb oil on his scalp.The cap won't go off in 1 wash as it will develop and continue for some days then slowly disappear. So got to marinate the head with lots oil for 5-10mins before u wash off. Think i wash the head twice. Use comb to comb out and wash. It' ok if cannot clear at one go. As long as clear some it' ok. Bay by day it will be better.

Libra>>> My bb' eyebrow also have scalp, so that' cradle cap. My #1 last time also have. #2 also have so i think maybe most bb have it too. NOw my bb' face look like oil stain look horrible like eczema outbreak.

Diaper

I like pampers more han mamypoko for newborn. Dryers also fine for bb boy but not for bb girls. Last time i used dryers on girl, keep leaking. This time manypoko also leak for my bb boy. My girl last time use mamypoko no leak. Huggies and pampers get my vote for newborn, Nite diapers i stick to pampers of mamypoko as bb can sleep better even though got urine.

Actually that's what I suspect too when she pull out but I'm too lazy to check. Keke...

Thanks all for ur advise.

DIAPERS

So far I tried PAMPERS & MAMYPOKO for newborn and no leaking. Now I'm using S size for HUGGIES. No leak too but I find it hard.

Back