(2011/10) Oct 2011

Mrs chun, I do feed water to my bb, but I limited it to no more than 30 ml per day. I let her suck a few sip then I remove the bottle.

I also give a little bit of 保婴丹. I, heard this can help bb to poo.

Hi mummies,

Need to ask you all about childcare leave. My company don't allow leave to be brought forward or to be encashed, so I have taken all my annual leave and is now on full 16weeks ML until next year.

Am I entitled to childcare leave this year? If so, means I forfeit this year childcare leave liao lor?

Hi,

Letting go QUINNY BUZZ SULPHUR GREEN @490

COMES WITH:

RAIN COVER

TRAVEL BUZZ BAG

BUZZ BAG

Condition: 9/10.

Please pm for picture if you are keen.

thanks

Sweetsnow,

Yes. For my company I m in same case as u. I wanted to take child leave them start ml to lengthen leave period. I was told cannot. My boss says ml start fr date bb born unless I go back in dec after 2 mths. Then work then take 6 days child care but the balance 2 months take on n off! I dun want lor.

I took ard 2.5 mths of ml, intend to take the bal leave on every mon n tue till I finish them. Which means I only need to work 3 days a week for at least 4 mths. Then start to take my annual leave frm year 2010. Think I can cont till she reaches 1 yr cause I haven start on my 2011 leave.

Childcare lve

I've chk wif HR they were saying unless I go back to work this yr then I'm entitled to childcare lve.. can't use maternity n childcare lve tgt.. so since I'm not gg back to work this yr I'm gg to forfeit e childcare lve..

hey ladies. fyi i am on total expressing. meaning i do not breastfeed my bb, i express all my milk & store in the fridge.

jus express how i feel.

my bb cried at 6am jus now. so i went to heat up my expressed milk in the fridge.

soon she fell asleep.

thus, i leave the milk on the table.

i was told that expressed milk once heated, can only last for 1 hr.

my bb woke up at 8am. thus i have to throw the milk. was very heart pain as my milk is limited & precious. jus to vent my frustration ;P

hi huishan, i understand how u feel. Me too...i tried the same and heart pain coz it's 辛辛苦苦 expressed 的. So now i don't express already. Overall i still feel direct latch is the most convenient except that my baby takes 30-1 hr to be contented. Kekeke...

I've been following what my CL did, which is to heat up a new bottle of EBM in the warner after each feed so that bb can drink anytime.

I continue this as I thought that as long as the temp of the milk don't keep changing is ok? The bottle is always in the warmer so that milk remains warm. I only throw away the milk if we take it out of the warmer and the milk turns cold. If there is left over milk from each feed I will also pour away

Please correct me if I'm doing it wrong.

Huishan,

If you r pouring a lot of milk away, you can actually use it to give your feet a milk soak. That's what my frens do so that don't waste the milk

my baby is 2 months old today. i'm doing total breast feed. once she latch on, she only latch on about 10-15 mins only, every 2-3 hours. is it ok?

angeline, my bb also only latch for 10-15mins and she fall asleep and she only suck from one breast bt she seems totally contented and wake up only abt 3hrs later for her next feed.

She is 4 weeks and 6 days old and she is on 3hr feed.

huishan, u can put it back in the warmer for her next feed....

it can only last 1hr if the baby has drink the milk and you have to throw it away to prevent contamination.

mummies, do your baby sleep too much in the afternoon then can't get to sleep at night? mine had this issue. And when i tried to get her to stay awake in the afternoon, it can be quite tough too. how? any gd solution so that baby can sleep thru the night?

Huishan, did u try to dream feed your baby ? dream feed is to feed the baby when he is sleeping, their eyes closed but they suckled. I like it as I can put them back n cot to sleep after i burp him. No need to spend time to put him to sleep.

Sweetsnow, classes can start from six month. Check put gymboree, kinder music, growing up gifted.

Princessi, I am back to work today and tomorrow for attending a seminar. In feb, attending a training in USA. Formally back to work in mid march.

Here getting quiet... Are you mummies more active in the FB? Can add me?

I think I'm feeling the effects of the prolonged interval between feeds. I've been dragging my pumping time at night to 6-8hours coz I couldn't wake up, and now I see that my milk supply is dropping. So sad. If I "work harder" now, will the supply come back?

I feel constantly sleepy... and mood getting more impatient. Feel like nothing is going well

Jojobar: after u dream feed and burp bb, bb doesn't wake up fm the burping? I heard of dream feed bt dunno how to do it. How to not wake bb up if latch on?

Sweetsnow: u do not have to wake up feed bb? Can still improve milk supply now. U can try pumping between daytime feeds to increase milk supply. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] drink papaya soup also can.

sweetsnow: i nod what u mean... usually i latch my bb at night and most of the time, she only drinks from one breast, which means i still ve to pump out the rest of the milk from the other breast.. sometimes, juz feel lazy to do it.....cause already lack of zzz and BB finally fall asleep, i still cant zzz....

drink papaya soup with fish do increase the supply... bt then again.. no demand = no supply, so think u ve to be more hardworking....

if u are not pumping, ur bb drinking FM?

Jojobar: does ur bb burp everytime? my bb usually do not burp if m latching her, dun nod why...

Hi,

My maid does night feeds for me using my EBM so I only need to wake up to pump.

I think tml I need to tk chicken essence to see if it will help reduce my fatigue.

jojobar: me got bk to wk last week due to no choice. haix wk waiting for me n really need to go bk. its really tire. morning bring my gal to childcare. nite pick her up n take care baby. as mum is tire looking baby whole day. in d middle if d nite take care baby if he wake up.

super shag.........

Sweetsnow! I wanted to post something similar to you!!! My supply also drop.

The worst thing is I jus realize my frozen milk has turned sour too. Hmmm I dunno wat went wrong.

I also lazy to wake up in the middle of night.

We must encourage each other!!!

Now my bb left 1 ebm. Hmmm hope I can catch up soon.

Huishan,

How did you know the milk turn sour? I only lOok out for changes in appearance of my EBM but Neva taste it. How to tell its sour?

Let's Jia you on pumping!

Hi. There was once my thawed milk spoilt too. It smelled funny. From then on I always smell the milk before giving to baby. Most times the milk should be rather ordourless and at most alittle fishy especially those thawed from fridge.

Mummies who are expressing, how do you keep the milk? My freezer is running out of space. Yet, I can't bear to throw away - hope to feed him the frozen milk after I go back to work and stop BFing.

Oh every feed I will smell & taste the milk before giving to bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] my supply really dropping. I used to pump at least 200ml after 6 hr interval. Now I can only pump 140ml after 6 hour. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Huishan, sweetsnow,

My supply never reach pass 150ml even after 6hrs. Sigh. Don't be discouraged. Jus keep pumping n feeding. I jus continue to latch n supplement wif fm if required. I will miss these latch on days. Now bb recognise me n will smile at me before feed. So altho I m super tired still I m very happy. Haha.

Tiredness

Me too. Still tired n yes at times moody. I find it's lonely. Whole day at HME jus wif bb. At times at night when I breastfeed eventhough my hubby is sleepping I don't feel so lonely. Jus another person around seems ok.

Dreamfeed

Jojobar : how to do this? Everytime I feed it's when he is crying or starting to cry. I tried to open his mouth n put him to my breast while he is sleeping but he jus won't suck! Sigh

EBM

I never taste or smell both of which I m bad at. I jus thaw n warm up. Oh dear. I tot frozen can keep for 3mths so I didn't think much. Hmm. Thanks for reminder. I will look out fr now on.

Hi hi mommies! Been bz with bb so didn't log in. Now bb latching on so use 1 hand to type. Haha!

I might stop bf after my leave as I don't like to pump. I realize my niPples got bigger and more sensitive after pump.

Cream donut : how is the support for ur bra? Will it look rounded when u wear t shirt? My breat size increase so much and so unsightly.

Huishan: haha, I also nv smell or taste the ebm. Opps ;p did u use glass bottle or milk bags? If milk bags u might want to consider change brands cos I read online before that certain brands will cause funny smell or taste.

Pofy: cm forum la, read comments then not so lonely loh. We encourage each other here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Winny: rounded? What u mean? Hahah... Wear tee then it look seamless loh. Not super round like fakey la, bt not saggy also la. Chest size increase good ah, ur hubby happy with it? Hehehee!! ;p

Hi mrs chun, my menses not here yet & I'm bf

Creamdonut, now very big leh and I'm petite so not proportion and I ve no clothes to wear! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

What I mean rounded is the side. Does it look like u r not wearing bra?

I use glass bottle for fridge & milk bag for freezing.

Breast / bra issue

I understand that we cannot wear a bra that is too tight or else will affect milk production. But if never wear too tight, my breast turn outwards. Is so ugly! Especially when I wear t shirt material. The breast looks saggy too.

Btw my bb head like to face her right side when sleeping. You think now still early to adjust this bad habit?

Dream feed

Pofy, I understand what u mean. My bb is the same too. He's a sleepy head and just won't suckle when he's asleep even if the nipple is in his mouth.

Bra

Sorry where to get the strapless nursing bra again? Or are there nursing bra that has nice strapes? I dont mind showing the strapes if they are nice.

Huishan, my bb also likes to face the right when sleeping. I will try to get him sleep sideways to the left and put bolster at the back to prevent him from turning. I also let him sleep on his chest and alternate his head each time he sleeps. So it will be balance. Not sure if it works.

Hi!

BRA

I can't get nice bras too and breast very huge now so nothing looks nice on me. I wonder what to wear for CNY. :S

I bought a sleeveless top and now no bra. Duh!

SLEEPING

my bb sleeps on her right too! And thus her right ear always folded. I do not know how to correct it. Seems our bb love to sleep on their right! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Chun: My menses are also here. Went for postnatal checkup after six weeks and gynae says it's either menses are back or I'm having hormones imbalance. She gave me some hormones pills but I am delaying taking them. Will see how it goes next week.

Have the mummies here regain their pre-pregnancy weight? I still have 10kg to lose and gynae says as this is my second kid, I will have to lose it through exercise and breastfeeding alone will not help. However, gynae advised me to start exercising only after 8 weeks. Can the mummies here share how much weight have you lost since the birth of your child and how did you manage to do it?

Any mummies here with baby with eczema? My baby is having serious cradle cap and I suspect he is having eczema coz his skin is getting very dry and peeling. Any moisturizer to recommend to treat eczema especially on the face?

Im having the same problem. But I'm not sure if it's eczema or baby acne. My bb's cheeks have red spots, v dry n flaky. Scalp oso abit. Chest slight red spots

WEIGHT

not yet back to initial size think still a long way. Did not feel like weighing for fear of disappointment. Keke..

RED SPOTS

my bb used to have extreme rash and doc says its acne. Her scalp, face and abit at her body. Usually worse after bath. Better bring ur bb to doc for advise and treatment.

I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight, lost about 16kg. I lost most of my weight in the 1st 2weeks after giving birth, masseur say mostly water retention. Most of the credit goes to breastfeeding and lack of sleep.

I'm applying Q10 cream to tighten tummy since we r not supposed to exercise so soon. Can you mummies advise what exercise is suitable to do, esp targeting tummy?

weight -lost alot during confinement period

red spots - on & off esp during warm weather.

cradle cap - i applied olive oil on his scalp & ears, the ears very dry

do u still swaddle ur bb?

my son keeps licking/sucking his hands now.

Winny (winny) : ya, look smooth and round. not with pokey nipple ;p the bra comes with a very thin molded cup so I guess that helps when wearing tee, and gives a very smooth look since there is no underwire, like wear normal seamless bra. i bought nursing fm this forum too, much cheaper than buying fm outside shops

Sweetsnow,

I envy! 16 kg all gone! If only I can too!

MnM,

I guess no luck on dreamfeed for me! I even open his mouth to stuff nipple in! He jus continue his beauty sleep! Sigh

Exercise

Yet to start. I got the same advice to start only after 8 weeks at least. Problem is I m stil dead tired. How to excercise? Plus nobody to help me look after bb n worst of all I m not a yoga person. Housework is my only exercise. Sigh

Red spots/cradle cap

Bb eczema. I got a cream for the red spots fr pd. So my advice is to see the doctor. Cradle cap is super irritating. I did the oil treatment many rounds as per doc advice but it keeps coming back. Anyone has a permanent way to solve the problem. It makes the head stink up n unsightly too to have a layer of tar cradle cap. Wonder if it's becos of bad genes as both of us have oily skin n plump. So sad.

Creamdonut,

I come forum lah. Haha. Jus tat one hand type difficult. These days sometimes I can only read co's he getting heavier I need two hands carry to breastfeed. I tried put pillow but the fussy boy don't like! He keeps shifting n then suck n pluck out repeatedly until I remove pillow n cradle him! Then after he is done all I want to do is sleep. Haha.

Librabb

My bb also sleep right side! So I keep shifting him. Troublesome leh

Back