(2011/10) Oct 2011

Minidiary,

Easy.. I signed up with a gf that time. She started a month earlier than me and I just had to quote her name to enjoy the buddy promo.

dear all,

so happy to share the news with u gals.

my detailed scan went well yesterday. the sonographer said everything looks gd. AND its another girl for us. *yeah*

i've always wanted 2 gals. given their close age gap, was hoping they could bond & love each other to bits.

minidiary,

pls update my baby gender for me. thanks!

creamdonut

For car seats I am using Safe n Sound convertible car seat, it can be used from birth to 18kg. I bought during Taka fair some time back think it was only about $200. Safe n Sound is under Britax brand. Convertibles are big enough for you to use backward facing for as long as you want, which is also a safer way for baby to travel. You might want to get an infant car seat cushion for a better fit http://www.summerinfant.com/Products/Travel/Car/Snuzzler%C2%AE-%283%29.aspx This is the car seat model that I am using http://www.babyschoice.com.au/products/4/401/safe_n_sound_galaxy_classic_in_grey/ what I find lacking is a chest strap that prevents a child from getting his arms out, but this is not really a problem for me, my kid has done that on only a few occasions.

However, if you want a car seat that can be mounted onto your stroller frame, then you need to get an infant carrier, which can last only till about 12 kg or 1 year. The advantage is that you don't have to wake baby up at the end of your car ride. Combined weight of car seat and baby will be very heavy, so you should use it with your stroller (must buy car seat adapter for stroller). Don't think that you can carry baby around with it!!! Dont let infant sleep in the car seat for prolonged periods, its not good for his spine and might give him a flat head.

Why not ask around if you can borrow an infant car seat?

When do we need maternity/ nursing bras?

My boobs dun seem to hv gotten bigger at 24 weeks , only chest which I use extender can liao.

Heard some mummies will not hv change in boob size but still able to breastfeed?

Morning mummies!

First time experiencing this! Wide awake for almost an hr & still feeling hungry despite eating 3 slices of bread!! Hope this is e first & last time! :x Hope to feel sleepy soon cause it's a long day ahead! Gotta buy some baby stuffs @Shen Kwang Trading Co.. Followed by detailed scan *excited*

Minidiary: am keen but am still considering btw a kit & some

stickers.. Abit hard to research now w my mobile.. Should be able to let u know before lunch today.. Ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Abit outdated in my reading... Heh..

Starry: very nice photos u posted! Wanna take some for

remembrance but hubby's not keen to let me take.. Maybe

will just buy a gd camera & diy@hme. Haha..

Angel: Congrats on ur wish come true!

Re: bump size

Yeh, am also worried at first cause mine also looked small

too but since my gynae didn't say anything, should be fine..

Are bumps usually smaller if ya expecting a girl? Notice this when we tried to guess e gender of my friends' kids.. just that I dont find myself eating much for dinner again.. Thought it

was better after 1st trimester but it's occurring again..

Re: birds nest

Is refrigerated birds nest really 'han'? Cause I think I'm quite 'han' cause am always feeling cold when others r feeling warm.. Only recently then I felt warm sometimes.. I thought preggies suppose to feel warm all the time.. Was thinking of buying fr LHK cos I dunno how to select & cook raw bird's nest..

Re: post natal massage

I have yet to book mine too.. Was gonna book Mdm ida but she's fully booked so she recommended her sista Mdm Mariam.. Mixed reviews so am not sure if she's really gd.. Charges are $50/hr.. Was trying to ask her if she can give me a trial (will pay her accordingly) before I commit to more sessions..

Morining mummies

Hi Angel, congrats on your wish come true!

Hi creamdonut, my #1 used a combi. Also considered a capella but the capellas then were bulkier and more difficult to handle I feel. Combi is typically lighter and abit more sleek in feel - very jap! But if you like sturdier strollers then you can consider other brands like Quinny. I would not be buying another stroller for #2 - my elder boy didn't like the stroller so it was only used as a shopping trolley haha...so very lightly used. Luckily i didn't splurge on an expensive one like bugaboo.

RE: post natal massage

Mine during my #1 was a lady who came to my house. But i didn't enjoy the wrap - very hot, oily and uncomfortable! The massage was ok though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But it didn't do much for me cos i had minimal water retention, all fats, so didn't lose the weight from there.

Morning gals! Haiz.... I'm feeling pukey this morning... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi babes! Another week of work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Feeling tired out by my two babies! Both woke up ard the same time at 5am+ this morning (one wants milk and the other hiccuping) and I couldnt go back to sleep. Panda-fied now..

Angel,

Congrats on the confirmation of having another babe! It's gonna be so much fun with 2 little girls, Somemore with close age gap. Next time can bring both out shopping and go for high tea together. Hee hee!

Creamdonut,

I have a Capella Adonis. The only con I find abt this stroller is that it's too heavy for me to carry baby and fold it single-handed. Otherwise it is a very sturdy stroller, spacious and we love it for long trips out to town, shopping etc. Best used in malls. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gilera,

Most women will experience change in boob size during pregnancy. Maybe it's time u shop for roomier bras. Get 1 cup size larger? Sure will grow some more. And get those without wire support so that it's more comfy for u. Almost 100% of women can breastfeed. I'm originally an A-cup person and breastfed my babe for 3 months. Stopped only because I was very tired of all the pumping as baby didn't like latching then.

Miffy,

Enjoy ur detailed scan later! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Post some pics if u can. Thanks for the compliments on my pics. Initially Hubby also didn't want to waste money taking, but it was free, so went ahead lor. Even if have to spend $200 I would say worth it cos u are only pregnant for that short period of time. After u give birth, u will sure miss these feelings and the huge tummy. Find these maternity photos more precious than my wedding ones le.

Re: bump size

It's so not true that with girls u will have smaller tummy! All the friends I know who had girls had huge tummies. Hahaha! Actually it really depends on how baby is lying and all that. But if Gynae not worried then u shouldn't either.

Jasmine:

Sorry, i didnt login laptop at home over the weekend... Sat i went JB with my colliek to shop & eat... then Sunday had a bad headahce, worst than hangover.....

The Hello Kitty show is at The central, but it only lasted for 10-15min.... the Hello Kitty is not nice too. But if your girl is a fan of hello kitty then u can bring her down & Q before the show time to get Q number to take pictures with hello kitty, Dear Daniel & My Melody after the show.... wed to Fri only 8pm show time. Sat & sun 4pm & 8pm. From 3Jun until 19Jun11

Ginn Cai

Is okay. Feeling ok now?

Thanks so much for your information. =D

1d1r

R u the one who told me you are ordering from iherb?

Bubblegeek! Me taking orders for Carters! Will be using VPost. Internantional shipping to be shared among all according to weight. All you on our FB?

Jasmine, yes yes. Will be placing order soon cos my aunt wants something too.

But I stay in Punggol. Can ask my cousin who stays in Woodlands to help to pass to you. She's staying at Blk 622 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jinnous

im currently not in ur FB group yet... when is the last day of taking orders and how heavy does a romper weights usually? After our gds arrived in sg do i collect from u or u'll post it to me?

I'm waiting for one of the gals to pass me her order on Tuesday. So probably will send the order tomorrow or Wed latest. You PM minidiary to add u in FB...

1d1r,

any idea which brand of prenatal vit (with fish oils) i can get from iherb? i can't find the box of pills my gynae gave! think my hubby threw it away by accident. sigh...

Ho...ho....me going detailed scan later too! Took a day off n start the pampering day with pedicure n then prenatal massage later!! Looking forward to it!

Btw for scrollers, i've used capella ( find tat its a ok pram but bulky, cost wise it's cheaper) know tat #1 is coming 2 yeArs have started mcclaren since he's a year old ( find tat it's much lighter n easier to handle)

Mummies have a good day ahead!

I'm not sure how heavy but the last time I bot the 4 and 5 pc/ pack bodysuits, work out to be around <$2 shipping per pc I think. I tagged on my colleague's order. She has not received her bill yet but roughly there. There's a US$6 domestic shipping also... so we will divide among the number of ppl.

I PM you my email then you email me your wishlist...

starry: thanks! haha~ hope my ger is not that camera shy today.. she's 299g e last time on my 19th wk checkup.. hope to see her grow more today! yeh, my hubby was also saying dun waste $$.. hope to find some gd lobang to take some nice shots! yeh! i tink i will surely miss e bump moments! hope u manage to find ur pills! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jinnous: I also wanna order fr Carters but am not in ur FB.. will PM minidiary.. any idea what's e diff btw their single bodysuits & the 5-pack ones? heh.. hope to be on time before u gers buy! r u feeling better already?

genesis: wah! sounds really relaxing! heh.. wish i can do pre-natal massage for e experience!

miffy! I feel like I'm having a hangover! Sounds weird rite? I think I didnt have enuf sleep. Totally concussed on the sofa last nite while my hubby was watching Twilight. My hubby said I didn't even wake up when our dog "asked me for permission" to sleep with us... LOL...

I think it's the design? I bot the plain white L/S packs and S/S handsome like daddy packs. Very soft material. I bot 3M and 6M.

This time round worse.... I even buying mittens and socks... :p I hope my hubby dun scold me. I only told him I'm buying the receiving blankets....

Jasmine:

yup... better now. no more headache.... but early monday morning having meeting form 9am till now... waste my time... there r still so many work to be donw...

jinnous

oh ok thanx.. I've pm u and if im keen, i'll send u an email by tonite... cos after i add in all postage n shipping cost not really a lot discounts leh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] + hb was saying bb's clothes only last or mths so v bo hua haha!!

wanna watch twilight ytd too but too tired then KO liao haha!!

Jinnous:

I've terrible headache too & worst than a hangover on Sunday...Reason, i slept late on sat nite... I went JB with my colliek on sat to shop & eat... we start our driving at 9am but we only reach JB at 12.30pm.... then they wanted to catch a show at 10.45pm as my colliek predict that there will be a jam on the way back. Poor me only get to sleep at 3a, on sat nite... n i've a bad headache as my best frd SMS me early on sat morning at 8.30am for bfast then my mom called me at 10am asking if I want bfast.... I cant get a good nite slp...

But last nite I sleep at 10pm.. today i'm better. Tonight, you sleep early to regain back your energy...

Ginn... aiyo... steady man sleep at 3am.... My hubby also wanted to go JB but the jam was horrendous.... So maybe take leave on weekday go jalan jalan... Everynight I tell my hubby target sleep by 10pm. But last few nites was like after 12am lor...

bubblygeeky... if anyone getting something from Little Layette.... additional 15% off total order. So I think quite worth it lah.

It's my first time after pregancy to sleep so late... the latest i sleep is 1am...

last time before pregant i still can chiong till 5am & slp at 6/6.30am... now i'm cant tahan.

Slept at 3am & woke up at 12pm but i cant regain my energy...

oooohhh... last month u/s Doctor said 80% is boy already but he said detailed scan can confirm..

i never try rice counting.

i tried one chinese calender thing forgotten which webby already result shows boy..

i have hairy tummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] too.

hahahaah

Morning everyone!

wow so long post aredi today. getting excited for Monday ar? hahaha

miffyM2B,

yeah im trying to consolidate the scrapbooking order still. if u have, then u can just send me the link that you want to buy and total.

Ginn Cai,

any scrapbook stuffs from you? hope you feeling better, drink some 100plus to boost up ur energy level today!

Thanks alot for those mummies who placed Bird Nest orders. I will close the orders today and hopefully we will get it by this week or next. Collection at AMK/Novena/Orchard/Somerset/City Hall/Raffles Place is convenient for me... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ginn

Thats better, on sat i woke up with headache but dont recover till i cant take it i took 1 panadol. Remember to take a short break in between k.

oh... i received some order scrapbooking stuffs from some mummies aredi. ok Ginn Cai, slowly select ur order. Think we consolidate all by this week okay?

kk...

then i go home then take a look... I printed out all the things i wanted to buy last Friday but nv bring home.... today bz Monday so tonite then i'll take a look at them.....

jinnous: oh dear, that sounds bad! Hm.. I guess it's e sleeping position! Maybe zzz earlier today to recruparate.. Haha.. Thanks for e info! In that case will get both e single one & 5-packed ones.. Too bad they dun haf e kimono style.. My mum says its easier to change.. Going to check out this other store my friends recommended today, budget baby home wear.. Mittens, receiving blanks etc..

Ginn: 3am! Amazed!! Now I have hard time staying awake at 11plus! So head to bed ard 10plus to feel more refreshed.. Initially when I was preggy (but didn't realize yet), was wondering y I feel so tired every day.. Thot my health was getting worse..

Minidiary: haha.. Cos can't zzz after I felt some pain sensations at the sides.. PM u my orders earlier, have u received? Can add me for e Carter spree? Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yesterday, attended the WBB class. She said can bath and wash hair during the confinement, then i tell my mum just now... she's like so unhappy about it and said u wish la, if u wan to listen to the consultant then just go ahead. and she mentioned that she is very tradition and old minded ppl.

how to deal with it? Experienced mummies... can share what can do and what cannot do during confinement?

Minidiary

For me, i bath with herbs during confinement. Started with cleaning then bathing with it without soap. The water must be warm. Did not wash hair for the whole 1 month, mil say is for my good. If i insist washing hair, next time got "tou feng" dont blame her.

minidiary,

how did you find the class? good? the western-educated (at least that's what my mom calls them) will sure say can wash hair + bathe. chinese believe better not to in case of excessive wind going into the body.

i showered and washed hair during confinement too! only managed to stay away from showering/shampooing for 5 days. really cannot tahan, and my mom was okay with that 'cos REALLY very unhygienic to not wash up leh. whole body sticky plus hair so oily. yucks.. imagine poor baby have to stand the BO? haha!! and i won't recommend you to stay away for too long either although some mommies will bite the bullet throughout the whole 28 days. really salute those!

you can buy those herbal packs (da feng cao) to boil in water then dilute in a pail then add in a generous dose of rice wine ($2+ for a large bottle) for bathing. i showered with that everyday after the 5-day rule and washed hair every alternate day. when my mom is out, i sneaked in an extra shower or two. :p a tip a mommy taught me was rub your arms, legs abdomen with some of the rice wine to help remove wind.

mainly avoid cold drinks, fan (aircon is okay), eat proper meals, drink a lot of hot soups and red dates tea etc. don't need to be extreme lah. i feel that we need to enjoy confinement also. if tormented by sticky body, oily hair etc will also get depressed lor. then what for? defeat the purpose already.

Back