(2011/10) Oct 2011

minidiary: me have my eyes one a scrapbook kit at urbanwrite, which cost SGD49.90 .. planning to go madewithlove, and check out the kits there .. you will need glue, double-sided tape, pens, markers, etc ..

re: baby's name

my hubby do not like any of the names that i come up with .. going to leave the naming till the last ..

fantastar,

im thinking to order from US. can u help me see if the price like stickers, and other small small item cheaper here? you want to get anything here? we can share shipping charges too... http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/kandcompany/

i went to papermarket & madewith love. don have the baby boy scrapbook kit I want. Yesterday went to parkway parade scraplicious, selling $78 for the kit, online sell US$25 only...

Fantastar,

me too!!

same for my hubby, he said i come up with funny names hahaha... the chinese name is the most difficult i think, need to check with fortune teller that kind.

Done my scan after waiting for 1.5 hrs.. The sonergrapher is Nicole Seah, haha.. She is very experienced, the scan seems more detailed than my gal's last time.. She showed me different angle of bb nose, say his nose very sharp...

Everything is okie but I have slightly low placenta n sighted my bicornuate uterus. She says my uterus no problem for bb n Stil got alot of space.. Later gg see gynae n ask abt the placenta.

It's a boy n weight is 350g, today 12w3d..

I try to see if the pic can be uploaded clearly cos it was printed on paper...

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interupt. Helping a friend to sell the below. Brand new Tessellation 3D playmat. She received 2 sets of the same design during baby shower. Selling at $100. Self collection at Tiong Bahru, Harbourfront, Redhill or Orchard MRT stations.

It can be used as a play mat, tessellation puzzle as well as a rocking horse, and kids can let their creativity flow in playing with the 3-D animals (horse, tortoise and chicken) assembled.

The Tessellation Play Mat is designed to develop kids’ creativity, space perception and shaping ability by letting them assemble whatever shape they want (such as a rocking horse) from soft colourful piece segments of the play mat.

Designed in Korea, made in Taiwan and patented in Japan, this revolutionary toy has received the prestigious Kind + Jugend Innovation Award 2008 in Germany for developing children’s space perception and shaping ability.

The Tessellation Play Mat is scientifically proven to help develop:

• Creativity

• Space perception

• Shaping ability and colour sense

• Concentration

This product is made from high-quality elastic EVA material that is harmless to the human body and environmentally friendly. It has met or exceeded the highest levels of safety and quality by United States (ASTM & CPSIA) and European (EN-71) standards.

Product website: http://www.young-one.co.kr/product.html

Please PM me or email me at [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5571270.jpg]

minidiary: i think the prices are about the same .. will go & look at the webby tonight & let you know again ..

bighungrybear: same here!! sometimes i am so frustrated with my hubby .. will also be consulting the fortune teller for the chinese name ..

Starry

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5571447.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5571448.jpg]

The first pic, white white thing is the penis.. Can only see 1 leg, the other leg i duno is which one... then the pic on the right is the sharp sharp nose from side view....

paiseh, not v clear cos i use iphone take from the paper one..

minidiary: Hv u bought the scrapbook? wat is included in it? I'm tinking if i sld do one too?

My colliek recommend me to buy scrapbook from papermarket or made with love. They have a package that cost $50+... tml she'll bring her scrapnote to show me....

Ginn Cai,

think i will buy online. I went to Papermarket Raffles City and PS then madewithlove PS. limited stock and not baby boy scrapbook kit. Only saw one set in Scraplicious Parkway Parade, selling $78 lorr.. so Exp! http://kandcompany.eksuccessbrands.com/zoomimage.aspx?pid=102912

US only sells less than US$25. im thinking to order form this website. trying to consolidate US$60 so entitle free shipping. now asking my fren whoever wanna order together. Shipping from US to SG, I will use borderlinx... there's a charge but can share...

Hi prettymumscom,

Decided to buy brand new Pump (Freestyle)..:) I will trfr the amt to you and let you know once done. Will join your July spree.

Thanks.

Pray&Love: Please update for me! I'm having a bb boy too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

scrapebooking alot of work and must continue until the child is big, not easy!! I think I dont have such determination.. I only keep blogs.. haha, easier to maintain..

today morning busy with my gal, went for detailed scan and just now to gynae.. whole day gone... and i am so tired.... think tonight will zz v early.. actually go see gynae after detailed scan, abit waste of time hor.. cos the gynae only repeat what the sonergrapher and reports say....

minidiary, mine is no 65 of the table.. help me change to my name k.. haha.. and due date is 23 Oct... boy

thank you!

i am using blogpress from iphone to blog, upload video and photos v v fast... normally also use iphone to take pics, so quite convenient and can do it on train etc...

Minidiary,

I may be interested to order online tru u... since u done so much research so u sld know the best deal.... hehe....

count me in for the bb boy scrapbook k....

Ginn Cai,

u ask ask ur fren what else to buy and is it worth to buy from there? Do you want to get others thing like sticker or what? I see madewithlove selling those sticker like $8... where the US online only sells $1.99, $2.99.

You FB me the link of the stuff u want to buy la...

Rox,

ok will update!

Actually talking about scrapbooks, i bought two, 1 is mini size for putting ultrascan pictures, another more for photos later.

No need to buy glue lah.. all adesive on the pages, u just put the photos in and put whatever stickers or cute cutouts, all will stick on their own lah.. v easy

Now got time to do, when bb comes out, i think the scrapbooks will all go into storage. LOL

Hi Ladies, i have a question on confinement ladies. What is their role and responsibilities, and what is the going rate? Is it necessary for them to stay overnight?

Hi mummies,

sorry to interupt, i'm a march mummy selling away nursing pillow

Condition: 9/10

rarely used

selling at $35

free delivery

PM me thanks.

Thanks.

Medela Pumps - Pre-Order

Pump In Style ($350):

1. Roxanne - payment received. collecting end of June

Freestyle ($430):

1. Qiu Ling - payment received. July collection.

2. genesis28 - payment received for both pump and diaper bag. Do you want to collect your order later like ard July instead?

To confirm your order, please transfer to DBS Current 066 006869 2. After payment done, please email me at [email protected] with your details.

Medela Pumps - Pre-Order

Pump In Style ($350):

1. Roxanne - payment received. collecting end of June

Freestyle ($430):

1. Qiu Ling - payment received. July collection.

2. genesis28 - payment received for both pump and diaper bag. Do you want to collect your order later like ard July instead?

Conditions:

1. To confirm your order, please transfer to DBS Current 066 006869 2. No payment, no order.

2. After payment done, please email me at [email protected] with your details.

3. Upon receiving the pump, please check if it's functioning well. Should it be faulty, I will help you to do the US warranty claim. After which, I shall not be liable for any faulty.

4. Any local courier of $10 will be on buyer's account.

Hellomiki,

although this is my #1 and first time using confinement lady, their responsibilities mostly is to help u take care of your baby such as feeding, bathing, changing nappies, washing babies clothes etc. Also cook for confinement type of food for you and your spouse. Normally washing of family clothes and cleaning of house is not included.

Rate range from $1.8K to $2.2K.

Normally they will stay overnight becos most of them are msian aunties and they are here to help you thru out the 4 weeks. Waking up at night to attend to baby's needs also ensure that you can have adequate rest thru'out the night. Unless u can find local confinement ladies, then u may discuss the issue of staying overnight.

Gilera: my MIL has been telling me to cut my hair short. Had very long hair, cut off 3 inch, she says still not enough. Sighz..

I tink she's being concerned about my thinning hair and the possible hair loss after delivery. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

having the urge to cut it off for a new image too but dun bare to part good bye to the years of maintenance. I guess I will only try to cut it to above chest level just before I go deliver so that people can see a new me.

Was also thinking of adding some waves and curves but i tink it's advisable to do now or even during breastfeeding period.

Yah, dun cut too short

Ur hair must b v long.

I am determined to do something to it. It's always tied or bunned up. I need new life. I need new hair style!

Gilera,

Maybe cut till somewhere over shoulder length??

hahaa..

Karen Yeo,

i also tempted to do sth to my hair, cos my colleague alwys call me "wild grass", natural curls no choice. feel like rebonding but then again...have to wait.

gilera (gilera), I cut until "boy" cut from below shoulder.. I like it alot, looks fresh and when gel up, very stylo milo.. haha

But then, my hair is abit thick hor, now grow out liao, my hubby say like a mushroom head esp when nvr style.. the hair grow so fast leh, gel also cant hold the shape cos heavy, need to trim again...

I feel if cut until not short, not long.. abit xin ku... so i make it damn short..

snuppy, mine also natural curls

Minidiary:

She'll bring her scrapbook for me to see tml with all the items....mayb i'll take pictures & show u.. but her's is not for bb de... for her frd...

Ya.. i may need the stickers too....can you send me the link u buying the scrapbook n stickers from again? i do hv some left over stickets which my sis did a scrapbook for the guest signature... the scrapbook has out photos in it & the guest sign ard there. the book cost $80+ from IRIS (citylink)...

Short hair:

I cut my hair short during the last 2 month backs. Reason is i'm having very bad headache & I tot my hair is too long n it pull down so i got bad headache. plus i'm having curl so i've to wash in the morning to style my hair & wash at nite before i slp to wash away the styling cream & chemical. My hair is slightly over shoulder length & it's straight with no layer. I regret cutting my hair cos i cant rebond now... n the bottom looks a bit "pom". so i need to blow my hair. after a few trim, it's more managable... but i regret to cut away my long long hair...

roxanne,

nice scans! i cannot quite make out the other leg also. maybe 'raised' up so can't scan. i like the scan pic of your baby's side view. cute! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya ginn,that reminds me.... i also need to wash before style, otherwise wake up pom pomm hard to style.. this is the prob with curls

yup.... every morning already rushing for time to go work.. still hv to style hair, make-up, choose dress code, prepare bfast.... time not enough... haha...

re: cutting hair short

me also has been toying with this thought for the past few days .. my fringe is always pinned up, and my hair let down .. have started to tie up my hair as of today .. was thinking of cutting it short but worried that it will be 'wild grass' as i have got natural curl too =( planned (pre-pregnancy) to curl my hair during this period as my hair length should be desirable enough for a curl, but .. haiz ..

i duno why during this pregnancy right, i dislike the hair hitting my face.. esp at night during sleep...i found myself sleeping with hair tied up.. my forehead already quite high liao, scare keep tying later bald leh...

then, cos i nvr work mah.. i feel the hair at home is trapping alot of dust like that.. or maybe rather i see myself trapping dust at home.. so very frustrated and just cut it off.. haha

yesterday during the detailed scan, i saw the couple before me came out of the room, face weird weird one.. i told my hubby they must have detected problems, my hubby dont believe...

they came out of the room, nvr smile... both sat down and started using iphone... also nvr talk.. the gal almost want to cry like that..

then the sonergrapher came out and tell them go back today for another scan.. i cant hear clearly.. feel so sad for them... but hor, sometimes i feel this kind of thing, the nurses/sonergrapher should do it discreetly... everyone looked at them leh.. sigh

Hi Mummies to be, sorry to disturb. I got the following items to sell off (still in original packaging, yet to open), all gifts from relatives /parent

1.Eu Yan Sang Essence of chicken (Normal)$10 per box of 6 can - 5 boxes

2.Eu Yan Sang Essence of chicken (with wolfberries & red date) $14 per box of 6 can10 boxes

Pls email me at [email protected] if you are keen

Morning mummies!

Re haircut: I have had short hair (bob style) since I got married back in 2007. Now super cannot tahan when it grows slightly longer! But I find my hair growing long very fast these few months and it's irritating me because I keep having to go back for a hair cut and the smell of the salon just puts me off! Now my hair is at an awkward length again, sigh...

My hair is coming to waist length! I want to cut but I curled my hair... and I'm scared if I cut my hair looks like a mess... so trying to tahan a while more lor...

Hello Mummies, it's been a quite since my last post here..

Hair Cut:

I love my short hair now. I used to keep long hair but the weather is really bothering me and I find it hard to manage so decided to chop it off. I'll have another hair cut again before I go for labour.

many long-haired mummies here! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i love having long hair but i can't keep them. the hair quality will get quite terok once reach the chest area. now just keep them short and won't cut further, likely trim only. then tie them all up during confinement. cannot stand oily hair over my forehead and touching my cheeks! i even tied up hair when i was sleeping lor. but once confinement over, i went for a short, clean bob.

I dont bear to cut away my hairs. I got long, thick hair. Now super messy, i dont bother.. For my #1 i cut till shoulder length, during confinement i tie and clip my fringe everyday even during sleeping cos i cant stand the oily hair. I washed twice with shampoo on the full month day.

This time round, might not cut so short since im going to tie and clip it up.

haha.. Roxanne. I also lazy to prepare breakfast so also always buy and eat in office. And always late for work and also having my breakfast happily but I don't feel bad... woahahhahaha.... :p

Back