(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi mummies, I need to vent out my frustration of my CL after 9 days. Got her from PEM and was disappointed that she only has 1 yr experience. She is not married dun have kids and I just wonder how will she appreciate the mummies feeling. She doesn't know how to look after baby well and when I ask her to do things, she will say yes yes but when she do, everything is done wrongly. Then when I say her, she will give excuses like I forgot, u say to do this way or I am old got poor memory, etc....I am so fed up with her yet dun wan ask for exchange coz if new one come has to train all over again

Hi mummies

I am waiting to be discharged.. Mummies delivering at TMC, they would give you empty glass bottles if you request but you must buy the bottle covers at phamarcy downstairs which is a dollar each. They would also give free milk samples but not in glass bottles anymore- changed to plastic.

Caca, no lar, my milk not so much. I meant it started to come in but still very little. I hand express and only droplets came out, not alot. Nurse say 3-5 days for most mummies so we are both early stages yet.

Libra_bb (piglit21) : i gave my bb water, it helps. if it doesnt work for u, then go get the gripe water. cos gripe water is sweet, scared aft bb try then other stuff dun wana eat cos they nt sweet

Hi mommies, so in the end I've ordered my buffet from Elsie's Kitchen for my son's full month. Hope their food will be nice!

Anyone else ordering from them too or have tried their service before?

Hi I'm going into my 38 weeks in a few says' time. Doc has been telling me that my amniotic fluid is low since week 36. Plus now I feel that my baby is less active compared to others.

Doc sent me for scans. Bb heartbeat and blood flow in cord are normal.

Does anyone has the same experience? How to increase amniotic fluid? I don't wish to end up having to c-sec.

mum2009

not sure drink more water will help.

if bb head is down n you are in 38 wks, dont need to go for c-sec. can induce & break waterbag, let contraction goes naturally.

Mnm

Don't think you can do anything about amniotic fluid level. You can try to induce, but to hv a successful induction, your body must be ready, ie, cervix soft, dilated. It's still possible to hv csection if induction not working out or if baby in distress

I just had my checkup done. Baby is 3.2kg n still not engaged. Once again doc say if I dun control my diet will need to c sec [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi sweetsnow,

How many weeks are u now ? I am having my next check up on Monday. That will be week 38 plus for me. I spoke to my #1 pd today, whom will be my#2 pd as well. He also think that week 38/39 is safer to induce. Cos at week 37, he does see baby with breathing difficulties and need to send to nicu. Seem like my gynae and pd are quite align in term of the recommendation. I will just sit back and relax....

Adele, my gynae don't seem to worry abt weight leh. He keep saying I had deliver a 3kg naturally b4 so slightly above 3kg bb should be manageable. But if I cannot cope then c sect. Ask me not to stress and worry abt all these. But I already stop taking all vitamin and dha in hope o control the weight.

I did quite a bit of walking and shopping ..... And also climbing of stairs as I stay in split level hence hopefully it help to control and build up strength [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi winny, yes there is one time exchange but the tots of orientating the new one is very tiring too since my hubby has went back to work already. Pretty disappointed with PEM coz they claimed their CL are very experienced one. Today I asked her how come BB booties in the rubbish back then she say drop inside she din know.

Guess I just have to tanhan another 19 days. :(

Jojobar,

I'm in my 38wk (edd 24oct). My gynae din mention induce at all, only say if baby dun come out early then based on the current rate baby is putting wt will need to c sec.

Dunno y after the checkup today I feel quite sad.

Thanks winnie and tamms. Bb head is down. I will visit gynae again on tue to see what's his recommendation. I don't wish to go for c-sec.

Btw does anyone know what is the market rate for ang bao for CL?

Hi sweetsnow,

Don't be sad lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] your baby is healthy and putting on weight. You will meet in latest in couple of weeks... It is a exciting time for you. Maybe start thinking about other stuff like decorating the nursery, planning full month p.arty or gifts etc to bring the focus off somewhere [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have been plannng on the full month party, organizing cupcakes and cookies for gifts, sourcing the balloons vendor to keep myself sane [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sometime I think is about managing expectation... I have been tell pp that I will pop early,now on daily basis I received at least 4 to 5 SMS, messages, email, msn from family, friends and colleagues whether I have pop, I answer until paiseh,,, so attempted to put a update in Facebook status to update all at once ....lol.....

Candy floss, is ironic is it ? The cl suppose to take care of us.... We still need to train them ....erhh.....

I personally is also dealing with some stress at home. We notice that our money's and piggybsnks coins have been stolen regularly, haiz, so I am thinking how to deal with the maid and get another replacement. Hate it to deal with all these when I am about to due.

Hi sweetsnoW,

With us for abt 7 months, she is competing her maid loan next month.she had previously work in Singapore for 9 years. Hence consider very experience.

7 months only start to show "pattern" ah... Nowadays really hard to hire gd domestic helper.

My maid came abt 3weeks ago. I think I've been to relaxed with her.... neva give her much work coz we she's currently staying at my in laws, while we are moving house, so I din ask her to do much at my in laws place though I told her this is only temporary. Last week my hubby alrdy caught her leaving the house without telling us, to talk to next door neighbour. She's been rather good in cleaning the house and taking initiative to find household chores. But I think she is too smart sometimes.

How do you give her salary? Give her cash or open savings acc?

Winny Yes onli leak I felt like a tick feeling at v area than abit of water gush out like feeling menses flow abit onli than went toliet check guess it's water bag brust. Than I make Milo with egg it's for before u go hospital. If water bag burst it's a whole gush of water u can feel the diff it's burst is reali alot last time my number #2 is burst I can feel the diff than if water bag burst le contraction will be super pain le if u nvr put epidural for me I use laughing gas.

Leech oic i also same here but gt engorment le than keep using hand squeeze cos pump dunwork think gt block duct than easilyengorment super painful thinking of give up give baby formula super tiring keep usinghand to express than massage everytime need like1hr plus onli can get 5 ml till my whole body hurts nw . Tom discharge le nobodys gonna help worst stilll ......

leech

Hi caca. Yar, the beginning of breastfeeding is tough. I also don't have alot, when I hand express only have miserable droplets. Barely 10ml. Yesterday I would try to hand express after each latching to clear the breasts. And it is super painful to massage the ducts! Today I stopped to rest the breasts an my girl cries for milk almost every hour. Stressed!

Hi Tamms,

I dunno. Doc has been saying the baby is big for weeks... Then yesterday he asked if I really got put in effort to diet or not. I told him I get really hungry in recent weeks such that i can feel gastric juice coming out. He say just tahan another 1wk plus... so now my hubby try to control my diet. I'm already only eating just 3meals a day leh.

Sigh.

Leeoh u din give ur girl formula . I kinda give up last night super tired so ask nurse give formula plus baby jaundice they say need more intake than can clear with passing urine so I decided to give formula n at least last night I get to slp a while n aching all over after all the massage n express think I will give formula soon anyway both my other 2 elder girl also same no bf .... Dun be stress the more stress the more dun have.

Mnm2009, i think we about the same timing. I'm wk38 tmr abd just came back from my check up. Gynae say my amniotic fluid level also dropped as compared to a week ago.

He wants me to go for another check on Tuesday.

He also ask me to monitor baby's movement.

My mom say give CL red packet when she come and leave. Abt SGD20 each.

Caca, so after waterbag burst, do you put on maternity pads already? Is it when labour starts menses start?

Hi jojobar,

Yes u are right. I am so worry the way she handle the BB. I dun understand why would a CL agency hire someone who is single and no kid. They wont be able to appreciate the pain and stress of motherhood ESP during confinement period. She is getting out of my nerve.

For ur maid, do ur agency provide conselling of maid? U may consider and let them get her to admit. If not probably better to ask for exchange if trust cannot be rebuild.

Hi winny,

There is no specified amt to give for the start and end work of red packet. What I did was gave her 10 and when she finished and find her gd then may consider give her more like 60.

After water bag burst, U won't need pad coz u will be lying on bed and nurses will monitor u closely of ur dilation to prep for delivery. After gyne broke my water bag, it took me 5 hrs more to deliver which is consider avg timing. my friend waited almost 11 hrs

Libra_bb (piglit21) : i give only when bb cry non stop for no reason, and each time is a little bit only. its abt 10% the volume of the cup feed. duno how much ml leh, the cup like no volume one...

Hi candy floss,

I will not get the agency to cpunsel the maid. My current plan is to cancel work permit and buy a way ticket for her once she complete her maid loan that will be end of nov. I will not need to get back ny mone from agency, I will only lost the 800 placement fee. But I will not allow her to be transfer maid.

We will start install CCTV, if we caught red hand then I will send to mom and ban her from coming in. This is integrity issue, not small matter that I can overlook. So I will take the harsh action. Will not inform agency else they will let the maid know and more pattern will come out and might accuse me or harm my family.

Hi Winny, yeah we are abt the same time. I'm week 38 on Monday. I'm also going for gynae check on tue. Gynae also ask me to monitor baby's movement. My baby moves but with small movements. Nothing vigorous. I heard a lot of pple say that their babies move very vigorously ard this period, but mine doesn't. So I'm a bit worried.

I hope things will be fine for the both of us. Don't wish to induce.

So tired! I am practically feeding my girl the whole day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] think my supply is still not enough so she was asking for milk almost every hour plus. At least she is peeing and pooping a few times a day so I know she is taking in some milk. Stressed!!

Hi caca, I had a rough start to breastfeeding my #1 so I am mentally prepared this time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will have to grit my teeth and get thru these 2 weeks and it will get easier.

Hi winny, at my 39weeks plus checkup, gynae also said water level low so asked if I want to induce since she is close to EDD. maybe by next week you can make a decision.

It is normal that baby movements decreased in intensity nearer delivery. More of the pushing and nudging rather than kicking. As long as there is movement, should be ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CandyFloss, still must give so much ar. I m paying S$2.1k for the CL already. I think I will not be giving S$60 even if she's good.

Mnm, i do not know if my bb's movement is considered vigorous but she moves lah so i think it's ok.

Yeah..we will be fine no worries. I just hope bb would be out on the date that I want (31/Oct). Heehee...

leeoh, yeah it's more to pushing & mudging and it hurts. The whole tummy can go "out of shape" which is rather cute but makes walking and movements rather difficult.

Winny after my water bag leak I put a normal pad when reach hospital it's all soak le. As for menses wise after u deliver they will straight away put pad for u le will come straight away so u might wan to buy maternity pad to hospital

Leeoh ya it's reali though I already give my girl formula le but sometime I still latch her on but I think more of like comfort for her cos even after latch she cries for milk .

Hi winny, it's individual preference. The red packet is just a token. Guess this one that I have probably only willing to give her 10 bucks since she cannot make it. Just counting down the days to send her back.

If u deliver atTMC, they do use one packet of the maternity pad. If u finish using u got to inform them so they won't open another pack and bill to u. I personally find pureen brand very good in rmtexture. Normal pad texture can hurt ur wound.

My bb movement also slowed down in later weeks so have to closely monitor min bb move 10times a day. When drawing the induce date, I noticed some red discharge and BB movement less than 10 kicks was so worried that I went to TMC Observation ward for close monitoring for an hr plus. Bill was abt 50 bucks but I feel more comforted.

Hi libra BB, one way to let BB sleep soundly at nite is to swaddle him.

Some BB cries more in the nite could be also due to din get enough milk intake in the day, they may end up catching up their intake in the nite.

caca - i encountered the similar situation too...sigh.. so u give her milk ?

bubblygeekypig - my son dozed too but when i put him back to cot, he wan more milk again.......

stressed

Same here. My baby wake me up every hour previosly and I was so stressed out. Then I tried diff method. Put him sleep on the side and swaddle tightly at nite do work.

In the day I dun swaddle him and cover his legs with swaddle cloth only.

If u are Bf, do remb to let BB suckle finish one side of breast b4 offering another

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- 3 tins of Similac Mum (exp Oct'13), $12 each

- Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym @ $15

- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder & Wrist Rattle Set @ $10

Kindly PM me if keen, thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Libra I thought onli me gt this problem . Cos I know when milk comes in let it squarts when u express nt like droplets wan so I guess I might have block ducts than gt to massage super hard to clear de . Cos when my no 2 I did employ mdm Rokiah to do the massage for clearing block ducts n she say I gt lots of milk onli thing it's block nw same thing happen n baby cries even after I latch 1 hr so I top up with like 50-60ml of formula which usually last like 2 hr depend poo poo n urine ant. Baby u mean bottle feed or latch if bottle arount 20 mins Ba depend hw hungry

OMG i posted this wrongly in the Nov'11 no wonder i was thinking how come so many new mummies over in OCt'11.. hahaahahah blurr me

I went for my 38weeks checkup so far bb is ard 3.2kg, GBS tested negative (thank god), no VE or CTG thought..

Yes i must admit bb is getting forceful & squeezy..

wonder when will he be coming out.. I'm getting nervous, excited & scare at the same time..

seems like a lot of mummies have delivered, some even finished their confinement & bonding happily, I wonder when is mine..

Back