(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi Hoppy,

the last time (2008) i got a infant formula sample was from Frisco and it door step delivery in full size ! But i remember i register for sample at that time during the June baby fair. That was the only time i received infant formula sample.

Based on what i know the milk company does not provide sample for infant formula (6 months and below). Infant formula is very expensive and you can see that the older the kid grow, the cheaper the formula. Most kids drink about 4 to 5 can of infant formula a month and that add up to easily $200 a month !

This was one of the motivation (by money) to total breastfeed my #1 and also to invest in a good pump to stimulate and express milk.

Hoppy, suggest you give a call to similac, enfa and fisco and see if they are able to provide sample. i know the PD office provide sample for 6 to 12 months but not 0 to 6 months. Only place i know give infant sample is hospital. This time, I will request for all two bottles of all brands for the new born to try before i buy(if needed) to supplement

Hi Jojobar,

yes, you are totally corect. i called up the milk companies and they do not provide free samples for 0-6 mths and told me that only hospitals can give out samples.

i intend to b/feed but was thinking just in case not enough milk supply so might need to supplement with FM.

hhmmm, thank you very much for your input [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] since you are not a first-time mom, any brands you recommend?

Hi mummies.

My turn to be induced tomorrow. Water level low. Was hoping for it to happen naturally but looks like it is not meant to be [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] It is my second baby but the thought of delivery still scares me haha. Hopefully this time induce will be faster!

Hi Hoppy,

To be honest I am not the best person to give advice for formula milk as my #1 reject formula since i bought him home. Hence i was held hostage to total BF for him till almost he is 10 month old. But i used Enfalac to mix cereal for him when heis four month old to take solid.

Similac is said to be quite sweet so most baby like. nestle nan is quite bitter, according to my grilfriend. Mamil Gold is smell nice and better chance for baby to like it and Frisco is pretty average, not muchh feedback and my son reject it. These are the brands that i have exposed to....

But so far, i have been using enfa series for my son since i manage to get him on to formula. Think it depend what your baby like, but i know of some baby are not choosy they drink whatever you give [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Leeoh,

Wow..exciting for you. You are at week 40 right ? i am still at week 37+, Gynae say cannot find excuse to induce me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So i am still lady in waiting.....

Hi mummies-to-be!

*//

I have For Sale: 6months preloved Medela Pump In Style Advanced (PISA) & Breastmilk Storage Bottles.

Locally bought US complete set with local power plug. See photo for included accessories. Full Set Photo

Bought for S$599 on 24/02/2011. Receipt Photo

Used for 6months, warranty for another 6months.

Selling $380, or $390 with the storage bottles shown below.

Also for sale: Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage Bottles. 12 x 80ml BPA-free bottles with lid.

Bought for S$40, selling $20. Storage Bottles Photo

Interested parties, please leave PM or SMS @ 987 six one 872.

Thanks for viewing!

Jojobar (mummychanel) : i call them then they say will email me the menu yest. up till now still no news [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Libra_bb (piglit21) : tink dun take stamford la. the comments quite bad.

Hoppy (hoppy) : u can try eat fenugreek to boost milk supply. can start eating now, no harm eating as its just a herb

Hi Jojobar,

CL- so far only 1 fren of mine spent 2k plus on marketing only cos her CL asked her to buy exp tonics. Otherwise the rest I heard quite reasonable.

Ur gynae will check cervix for dilation? My doc Neva check de. Next appt is this fri... Sigh, me Oso still no sign of labour

Hi sweetsnow,

What is the reasonable amount ? So far, I heard is thousand minimum !

Yes, my gynae check cervix for dilation and scan and cgc to track movement /conraction over 30 minutes I think. Same here, no sign of labour .....

Hello all,

Quite alot of mummies here have given birth le. So happy for you all.

I'm at week 38 now, and really feeling quite stressful bout the whole thing as I had just lost my Dad last week, and my baby coming soon. Supposed to be the most joyous period of my life, however, the grief of losing my Dad is so great now. Just glad that altho I have lost total of 4kgs, baby is still gaining weight. Just hope that my downwards emotions during these last few weeks will not affect my Baby too much. Haiz...

Jojobar- my edd is 10/21. Gynae told me on mon if I don't pop by next visit (10/17), need to discuss on date to induce.

Regarding the fm, ya really depends what baby prefers.thank you very much !

Creamdonut,- ok fenugreek. I will google that later. Thank you !!

Sweetsnow- my gynae also never do VE. She dis the CTG for baby heartbeat n my uterine contraction. Maybe next mon 10/17, she might do VE.

Piglet, condolences to you n family

Try keep your spirits up!!

Mine appt yesterday at glen....gyn did VE-ok, now 37+...don't know why blood plessure was high. will be seeing gyn again on 17 Oct. Will induce & start ML on 19 Oct if bb did not decide when to come out.

Hi mummies!

I have delivered this morning at 930am! In the end didn't induce cos had contractions last night and checked in 11pm to hospital. By then 5 mins contractions but bearable. Requested for epidural at 245am cos suspected that doctor will take some time to come. My gynae visited me at 3am and burst my waterbag. After that the contractions really increased in intensity! No gas was offered, i supposed simce i already asked for epi, they didnt bother. the epidural doctor came at almost 4am. straight after I was shivering non stop.

Luckily it stop after half hour and I could rest. It was a huge relief!

At 8am, the nurse checked and told me 4cm and I probably had to wait till noon. So I requested for oxytocin to speed up the contractions. Surprisingly at 930am when my gynae came again, I was already fully dilated! Really gave us a shock. I dilated 6cm in 1hr plus! Plus baby's heartbeat slowed down so had to use vacuum to get her out quickly.

Baby weighs 2.9kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jojobar,

I heard of marketing amount not more than $300 leh. So i think depends what we buy n how mych we buy bah. Maybe if CL say buy 10 but we think buy 5 first then need again buy somemore lor.

Hoppy,

My doc dun check for contractions leh... Hmmm

Piglet,

My condolences. I can understand ur feeling Coz my grandma who was v close to me passed away when I was in my 1st tri. But I told myself not to be too upset Coz i told myself i must think of my bb n I'm sure our love ones will want me to be happy too. They are in a better place now, so we shldnt b too upset n let them go in peace

Hi Leeoh,

Congrats !!!! Your birth story sound like my previous one... Put in epi before the pain comes...hahhahahh....

Sweetsnow, $300 is very low leh... I am surprised ..cos i heard the herb itself is not cheap plus daily marketing like pig kidney or trotter is already $15 to $20 pair... So far, i gather is

- Herbal stuff (from medical hall) is around to two hundreds to few hundreds... Some even went to thousand !!

- daily marketing ingrdient like the meat, fish, vegetables, gingers, vinegar, dates ... weekly marketing is about $80 to $100 so that is about $300 to $400.

- The DOM and what ever tonic add on ...not count lah

Hence the part one and the part 2 add together is about $1000 to $1000 plus loh... Seem pretty consistent among my friends and relatives who engage CL before...

Piglets, my condolences to you.... take good care of yourself

Piglet, condolences to you and your family. understand how you feel cos my elder boy was involved in a nasty accident that disrupted all our plans while i was 34w for this preg.

NovBaby, do PM whiteloverz for FB group.

congrats leeoh! glad you don't have to induce. take good care of yourself and rest well!

pofy, how are you and your bb?

Leeoh congrats! Haha ur birth story sounds similar to wat my SIL told me abt her fren- get e epi b4 she feel pain.

TOT my bb doing gd enough to discharge wif me on e same day who noe tdy test for juandice n level was too high so he'll have to stay 2days.. hai additional cost.. initially tot it'll be ok for me but who noe when i reach hm saw his cot n realise he's not there, I start to feel emotional n tears just roll.. this morn I was still complaining tat he made me lose slp when he wakes up v often at nite n bf for 5 min then dozed off n wake up every 1hr or so agn.. hai..

Hi geekypig,

Understand. Perhaps take thesectwo nite to rest and pump milk so that when your baby back you are better rested and have supply of ebm for him.

Juandice seem to be very common among Chinese baby. My #1 also had high juandice in fact I Extend my hospital stay with him for 1 nite also not able to bring home together. In the end, I discharge without him. After that I bought him home, juandice still did not come and he was readmitted into hospital for another 2 nites !

Be cheerful and relax, so you will be able to provide milk for your baby. Trust that the pd and nurse will take care of him and he will be home soon with you.

Jojobar (mummychanel): I email them and they reverted. They say no more $8 - $11 menu liao, so am not going to take them up le since the remaining menus are more exp than the other caterers...

Hoppy (hoppy) : np! there r other herbs to take too, like red raspberry tea, bt fenugreek is most common and popular for its fast results.

Piglet (yc_mw) : sorry to hear abt ur loss. pls take care of urself and rest well in preparation of bb's arrival

leeoh: congrats!

Hi creamdonut

They dont so $8 to $11 menu anymore ? for lunch or for tea menu ?

I always thought they are cheap, never except that they are expensive than other caterer.

Envy you guys can plan for full month leow, for me everything not finalised due to date ... Dont want when will pop hence cannot finalise date and every thing ....

Jojobar (mummychanel) : ya no more liao, they left with the more exp menu ard $12 - $15 type. sadz.

hahah, soon it will be ur turn! let bb choose when bday will be, hehhehe

Hi mummies

I have been a slient reader here just deliver 12-oct midnight wan to check with mummies who have just delivered on 2day do u all start to get milk supply le?

Jojo

i m the wan who is using ikare too . May has last minute told me she won't be able to supply me with the nanny who is suppose to be with actually quite piss of n I told the nanny better be gd lor... Very disappointed.

Btw my birth story 12oct 1am plus when slping felt a tick feeling a small gush of water came out went to toliet check think it's waterbag burst so called Hubby wake up better go hospital safe than sorry. Reach hospital at 2 plus due to gd day no delivery suit yet plus all nurse busy they ask me sit down to wait. Till I can feel my pants is wet by the water bag. Onli at 3plus they manage to have a empty room for me. So went in change lie down after a while nurse did ve already 5cm diluted nurse say most pro will deliver before 630am. However everything was fast after a while nurse turn me to side say help baby head down it just happen so fast 4plus feel the urge to push gynae reach after 3-4pushes baby came out 4plus ...... Sorry for so long winded....

Hi Jojobar.

Of Coz $300+ dun include the exp items. Coz some stuff u may alrdy Hv at home. It also depends if u r following strictly to the menu set by the CL. Like if you dun Tk certain food then can maybe buy a cheaper substitute. If u include common herbs/tonic then I also hear at least 1-2k.

So far I bought the cheaper stuff 1st like the red dates n herbal sachets for bath. The rest I will see how...I may just spend whatever the CL ask since she will b cooking for my Hubby too.

Hi Violet,

I heard and read alot of horror stories too. But Coz my Hubby only allowed me to hire CL when I was in my late 2nd tri, all the recommended freelance CL are booked Liao.

I think hiring CL is like hiring maid... Sometimes it boils down to luck too. My fren used a CL from PEM n she's ok leh.

I got frens who used freelance CL highly recommended buy other frens but end up not liking the CL and sent them home halfeway. So I think Oso depends on individual if you can get along with a particular CL. If hire freelance CL, dun like means cannot change Liao. So self consolation is that at least agency got the option to change CL lor.

However thanks for the advice on the work permit issue. I think that it's impt we dun get penalized for something that PEM din arrange properly.

Bottom line is it's too late for me to change agency Anw, so can only pray that the CL will be fine.

Hi caca,

Congrats ! Happy to hear that you have deliver the baby safety and pretty quickly too! Where did you deliver as in hospital ?

Anyway as discuss in other thread, I had decide to take the herbal package from ikare to save some hassle. What was may reason on the change of cl ? I mail her and she still assure me that I will have yu zhen as cl and the work permit is approved. Hopefully everything is in place.

Sweetsnow,

Ya it seems that the cost of the food and herbal is around 1 to 2k from what I gathered and is the reasonable cost. So I will just budget that accordingly. I agreed hiring cl is like maid depending on luck [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but I think even if it is bad, just than 28 days loh if cannot change (seem like the agency nowaday got tons of excuse not able to provide replacement cl). I also keep my finger cross on mine ......

Like only left and you me waiting hor .....rest all pop already ....

hi Jojobar,

still got me !!!! i have yet to pop too!!!!!!!!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i haven pop yet too.. still in the waiting game.. wonder when she wld like to come out to see the world.....

if possible, i wld not like to induce.. bt she did not shows a single sign of coming out soon..

went to do the final details scan and she weights 3.3kg... finally i nod her weight...

Hi rejoy,

Great to hear that your baby weight. Mine is around 3.5kg as well.

Winnie , when you inducing and which week is that ? My gynae say no excuse to induce me at week 37, he want to discuss at weekn38 onward. I am week 38 today ! So I hope to hear his assessment in the next check up on 17th oct .

Hoppy, we are all lady in waiting.

Yesterday, I had my prenatal massage, the lady also say tummy is low but head still not engage..... So now, I am at kenko for foot reflex to further trigger labour.

Hope all the massages and reflexology help..... Tomorrow I will go and eat curry fish head to intensify the natural inducement process.... Pp around are thinking I am going mad Leow .....

Hi Rejoy,

Happy to know bb's weight right. hehee

Jojobar,

My next gynae is tml. Last week gynae say baby is big at 3kg, and if i dun control bb's weight may need to c sec. I'm not worried abt the surgery, I'm more worried abt the recovery speed and cost. But c sec seems like a gd excuse to get bb out earlier. Wahaha

Eat spicy got effect to induce? But i'm a regular in eating spicy... so does it mean no effect or i need to eat even more spicy?

Jojobar

Thanx, have been doing EBM but every 5-6hrs Haha a bit lazy but so far milk supply not bad.. tot bb only drink 30-50ml who noe chk wif nurse n say he drinks 90-110ml! NUrse mention jaundice gone down but can only bring him back tml I guess it'aback std package.. so maybe can plan 1st mth else it's gonna be another sleepless nite.. my massage lady on 2 day mc can't have massag"e till Sat!

Caca

Congrats!

Hi caca,

You engaged from Ikare too?

I did too from mothers recommendation in this forum but the CL not very good.

I am not sure whether I am also another mother got cheated or not.

Saw these 2 threads.

a mother got cheated by Ikare

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/6138529.html?1318246461

another thread, look as if Ikare hitting mothers who shared bad feedback on the agency.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4315089.html?1317819670

So if got bad feedback, we cannot share. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

babylins and violet feedback a bit suspicious too.

not sure whether is Ikare or not. scary..

Hi mommies,

I'm actually edd nov mom but I think I wd deliver next week or following wk between 35 n 36 wk due to some complications. Wd like to join oct forum if bb is coming anytime.

Congrats to Leeoh and Caca!!!! Caca's really fast. I hope I will be like you.

I think I've been thinking too much that I've been dreaming abt my delivery for few days. I'm really worried and scared.

All the stories.....just freak me out

I'll be wk 38 this coming Sunday...the date is drawing near.

HOSPITAL

After much consideration, have decided to change from Mt A to Glen E. Though it's more exp but I think it's better to be closer to my gynae.

Thanks mummies for your well wishes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good luck and speedy delivery to mummies in waiting!

Hi caca, I delivered on 12 Oct morning. Think my milk just started to come in today.. Breast feeling fuller. Yesterday mainly colostrum. So your baby's birthday is 12 or 13 Oct? Are in TMC too?

Hi sweetsnow,

I had read up on c section and it seems that recovery period is much longer. It is a invasion major surgery. Hence I would still have to have natural birth .... Tomorrow I am going back for more foot reflex and will eat fish head curry for lunch... Hopefully it helps....

Caca, who is the replacement from ikare for you then ?

Dova, can you share the cl that ikare provide. I also engage from ikare and the negative feedback made me nervous.

Hi Rejoy, finally know baby's weight !!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] for me, i ttoally forgot to ask gynae about my baby's weight as she was telling me about inducing if labour doesn't arrive by EDD (10/21).

Rejoy, jojobar and sweetsnow,

I also hoping to go for natural delivery and not induced but guess it's not something we can control. tomorrow, i will be entering Week 39 already... and if noting happen, i will have to discuss induce date on 17 oct when i see gynae again....

Jojobar - i started taking the raspbery, stawberry and the cranberry tea from Lipton. some said can trigger labour lol. i drank for 2 days already but nothing happening lol. does foot massage works to trigger labour??? i daren't tell my mom i'm doing all these coz she will say i'm nuts !

Congrats Leeoh and CaCA !!!

Dear All,

Yes, it is happy to finally nod abt the BB weight...

m the same weeks as Jojobar... think by the next gynae visit on thur, 20th Oct, if she still shows no sign of coming out, think i ve to tok to the gynae on induce oso....

Pre-loved LV Damier Beaubourg for sale

Condition: 9/10

Hardly used

Can use as a diaper bag

Comes with dustbag

Bought at ard $1300

Interested, please email [email protected] for more details.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6152867.jpg]

Hi,

I have the following brand new items to let go:

1) Avent 2x125ml feeding bottles (rp: $29.90) @ $20

2) Avent 2x 1m feeding teats (rp $6.90) @ $5

3) Lansinoh milk bags 50pc @ $15

4) Balneum Intensiv Wash @ $15

5) Physiogel 300ml Cleanser @ $20

6) Physiogel 75ml Cream @ $15

Items 4-6 are prescribed by PDs. Suitable for newborns as newborns are usually born with dry skin.

PM me if interested. Free postage or free delivery in Hougang/ Serangoon North / SEngKang area.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6153080.jpg]

Jojobar

I only gt her cfmation when I told Her I delivered so kinda upset but no choice so just pray hard.Hope she deliver wat she say to u cos very irritating n stress nw .

Bubblygeekypig

thanks ya

ya I use them but cant comment yet cos I still in hospital... Ya have seen some bad comment been delete dunno y....

Winny

Can de try keep toking to ur bb wat u want that is wat I do for my 3 kids and they all happen I told my girl dun water bag burst just leak to inform me it reali happen cos I have contraction problem everyday also contraction so dunno when it's for real till my water bag leak that day I know and tell ur baby dun let u pain so long awhile quickly come out . Lately can try the Milo with raw egg I did that for all my 3 kids.Jia you u can do it de.

Leeoh

I delivered 12oct midnight 4plus think u delivered slightly later than me . Very gd le u got milk le tdy that's fast me now if use hand express still onli miserable few drop of colostrum. Can feel the fuller but seem nothing come out le. Me in Mt A .

Hi mummies,

I'm also still waiting. Same EDD as Jojobar. Baby weighs 3.1kg yesterday and doc says it's a big baby. Doc says he's engaged and low enough already so anytime soon. But still no sign yet. Sigh...

Let's hope for the best together =)

Hi mummies,

I actually don't know if foot reflex or spicy food or massage help to trigger labour a not. I read these up as tips to trigger on the Internet. But no scientific proof. Hoppy, the tea that said to be trigger labour is rasphberry tree leave tea. I have not tried that one yet. Now my #1 is running a fever hence tomorrow, I will have send him to pd and skip my fish head curry lunch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Today is exactly week 38 tempted to push my appointment from 17mon to 15sat. So I can discuss the option earlier with him. The reason I am so anxious to deliver is also ue to the fact that I have training commitment in early dec for two days and a week of training in USA in mid feb. And return back to work officially in mid march. The longer the baby drag in my tummy, the younger he is when I take my USA trip and when I return to work...I want to spend more time with the baby rather than waiting.... Haz.... But the bb not cooperative [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Caca yes i talk to my bb girl..kekeke..

Your waterbag didnt burst but leak?

In the end, the gynae burst ur waterbag in the hospital? I heard it's VERY PAINFUL.

I tot the milo with raw egg is to drink before admission to hospital? You mean can drink how? I'm going to be wk38 this sunday only.

Jojobar...if spicy food can trigger labour then i better cut down. I dun wana deliver too early. In fact, i want bb to be out only 31/Oct. Kekeke..

Hi Jojobar,

try walking more. My gynae asks me to walk more if I want the baby to come out earlier. Also gynae advise to watch my diet coz baby gained 200g within a week! So better watch ur diet too else may have difficulty in pushing baby out during labour.

Back