(2011/09) Sep 2011

I having distrubed sleep and keep waking up few times so v tired also. worst i sleeping with my boy so if i woke up, may woke him up and as a result harder to sleep back too.

anyway now is the beginning of the tiredness! if u breastfeed, u will be more tired. Imagine having to wake up every 2-3 hrs all throughout the clock, and still have to work in the day time.

tot hair will drop during confinement. oic yr mum will nag at u. my mum doesn't bother as long as i dry properly. I tink she will scold if i go out of the house to wash! haaa..

Ellysia, I bathe 10 minutes, every 2 minutes she will knock on the door and ask if I'm done -_-" How to be clean??

My usual bathing time is 30 - 45 minutes. Must scrub the scalp clean and scrub every inch of the body mah.... She keep rushing me, bathe le also feel like nvr bathe...

my 1st confinement is in June. Its a very hot period. So no matter how much i bathe, i still sweat a lot. then my mum will want me to up the water heater temp so high that i sweat even more. so i ended up sweating even more after bath, even more 'dirty'.

tis time yr confinement oso yr mum do?

Ellysia, my mum is full time career woman... haha!

She 'did' my first confinement for me... but she go work at 8am, come home during lunch to check on me, then will come home from work ard 4+pm...

This round, she says that she'll come over to help me bathe baby every morning :D & do marketing for me... But I think, end up, she will come twice or thrice a day since she drives & her office/home are both nearby :p

My #1 was in end Jan. Weather was ok. Plus my mum's place is naturally windy & she allow me to turn on the aircon if I feel warm... It's just the hair that gets to me :p

My mum made me bathe with GINGER WATER & the HERB WATER... wah lau... make me perspire more only! Feel so warm! But hor... once inside the toilet... er... she can't see... so I only use that water to rinse at the beginning then after soaping myself, I use warm water to bathe le :p

hey MI and baobei07, guess i have the same worries as you.

I did not go for the triple test, but happened to do a detailed body check up recently. One of the test is for AFP which i realized is one of the indicators in the triple test. The value is quite high and was advised to seek a Dr's intepretation.

Of course, i'm trying to play doctor now by researching on the internet and it's totally freaking me out. My detail scan and Dr's visit is this wednesday. My only comfort is these tests frequently gives a false positive ... meaning, everything could still be fine even though the readings are high.

But i know how worrying it could be .. i could hardly smile the whole day

Hi,

I'm from July 2010 thread.

Previously i have signed up a photoshot package with Sean Lau in Baby fair at $198 for classic Baby package (UP: $258).

But i'm not able to make it after 9th May (all the slots are fully booked till 9th May)

By the time i'm free to take leave, i think my baby is too old to take classic baby photoshot.

So for those mommy who keen to take over the package, pls kindly pm me.

Thanks!

WTS

Natal Care Plus (400mg): Each box of 30 capsules at $14.00 (U.P. $16.05)

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8470/img1140sx.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5936/img1141e.jpg

All boxes with Expiry 2013.

Bought too many from Dr Adrian.

================================================

An Australian specially balanced formulation that helps fulfill DHA requirement for fetal / baby brain development, and optimizes the brain development of the fetus and infant.

The core element in NATAL CARE PLUS - Natural Fish Oil - contains DHA and EPA, which is particularly needed during pregnancy and lactation. Apart from that, NATAL CARE PLUS also contains Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that helps to alleviate the negative impact of free radical formation, and increase normal cell function.

================================================

Cash on pick-up/delivery @ Jurong East or Raffles Place.

Kindly PM or leave SMS at 9 876 1872.

Gilera, I'm not gaining weight at all!!! But my belly button is now flat. Think 1-2 weeks more will pop out already.

My #1 pregnancy, it only pop out after 20 weeks...

yah baobei and m1, let's jia you together. Will pray very very hard for us

Gilera: for some people, belly button will not pop out for the whole pregnancy. Mine did not for the first one .

gilera

my no 1 P, belly button pop out at 3rd trim.

this P, already pop out 1 month ago, cos its already out of shape n easily pop out.

tis round likely my mum won't come to my house.

Do u bathe at hospital or wait until u come home?

Ellysia, I don't bathe at hospital. Yucks. So disgusting :p I only wash down there in hospital cos must keep the wound clean.

Anyway hospital is aircon, nvr perspire so can tahan until reach home then shower...

does anyone knows if it is safe to take pao shen? MIL asked me to start taking pao shen to ti shen but I'm not sure if it is ok to take. anyone knows? also, anyone knows how to make pao shen chicken soup? is it just use pao shen and chicken to cook or must add other stuff as well?

Sing Yee: Haha my friends don’t use massage ladies leh, so if I ask them, they’ll tell hubby that no need massage, thus making things worse. =p Can I ask if your massage lady is good? Does she do island-wide? Can I ask for her contact if you don’t mind? Thanks much! =))

Pommes & Mareike: Can I ask for the contact of your massages? Thanks so much! =)

MI, Baobei07 & SJ: Don’t worry so much yet as much as poss yea…heard many mummies who were classified high-risk due to the amnio results but all turned out well…bb needs mummy to be relaxed and happy now! =)

i oso didn't bathe in hospital. i know some people will bathe in hosp then go back no bathe liao. But i also feel dirty + also at hosp v tired and still weak so prefer to go back home then bathe. also hosp water is not hot more easily catch cold under air-con too.

Mareike

I read somewhere cannot drink ginseng or pao sheng during pregnancy but i can't rem why.

Pao sheng can be use in any forms, even if u just pour hot water and brew at teapot without any meat or veg.

i also read before that american ginseng shld not be taken during pregnancy.

there are many kinds of ginseng and i'm quite confused. So am avoiding all. told my MIL to just make the bird's nest plain.

b.isforbb - i booked my massage through GPLS confinement agency.

http://www.gplsconfinementnanny.com.sg/massage.php

You can check thru this link.

sleepiey - latex mattress is definitely more expensive than normal foam mattress. However, when bb's diaper leaks, hard to sponge out the urine or dirt on a latex mattress. And latex is made of rubber so will have a strong smell and you can't sun the mattress.

Initially we also thot latex mattress is better but after hearing the explanation from the sales lady at bb hypermart, we decided normal 4" foam mattress will be good enough.

Re: leg cramp

My gynae advised me to up my calcium intake. Drink 2 glasses of milk per day instead. And keep my legs warm. Cos the change in temp may cause the leg cramp.

----

I feel rather sad today after my gynae's visit. Dunno is it becos I didn't have a u/s pix to take home or becos bb is covering his face, so gynae can't see his lips. So got this question mark whether bb's lips is formed nicely. Dr mentioned about cleft lip, though not life threatening, but still... I'm quite anxious to know that bb is alright all over. Furthermore, Dr scanned at the legs n hands and major body parts and said no problem. Only the lips... still ???

Guess I just have to be patient and wait for the detailed scan in mid-May.

My gynae once again showed us the little penis and confirmed again is a little boy.

Another sad news is that I have to go for a glucose tolerance test. Because my dad has diabetics. So I need to go thru this and get myself poke 3 times... Sigh!

Why do I feel so sad?

b.isforbb, my malay massage lady is called suttini and her contact is 81683524.

ellysia & sleepiey, oh dear. guess i better avoid pao shen then. was still planning to cook pao shen herbal chicken for dinner later. maybe i will ask my tcm when i see her this weekend.

pommes, don't feel so sad! at least 99% is all well! i'm sure your bb's lips is fine. cheer up k!

Thanks Pommes, i will ask my hb to look out for the points u mentioned when buying the mattress.

Now that my bb may pop earlier, i think i have to notify my CL. Prob is she has another assigment right before mine. For my case, seems that engaging an agency will be a safer choice?

I recall someone has engaged GPLS before. can anyone share their previous experience?

RE: Mattress

There's many grades of foam mattresses. There are the better ones which are firmer & hv better support for baby. I recall I saw it at Taka or Robinsons or Metro. Either one.

Also, latex mattress is more warm compared to foam. So if you don't intend to turn on aircon, that's another thing to consider. Latex mattresses trap heat.

hi anyone has a constant pain in between the butt (butt crack) like the tailbone when u sit down long hrs or not?

is this normal? I am getting these and getting very uncomfortable

Pommes

I oso undergo glucose test during previous P not bec of any family history but bec' didn't pass the urine strip twice.

foam mattress will become yellowish over time and i dun find it any different for cleaning of urine off.

I will recommend to get babysafe mattress although it is latex, but it is anti-dust mite. My boy actually dun like the foam mattress we bot and so we ended up with latex mattress. The foam mattress is harder and not so comfortable.

rumi

I have been getting tis since 2nd mth of pregnancy. Gynae said its normal for 2nd P onwards. I applied salonpas gel during the bad days.

2nd P meaing 2nd pregnancy? This is my 1st pregnancy and I experience it since 3rd mth.. now getting worse. but is ache between the butt crack/tail bone not the backache from waist upwards. Is this the normal pregnancy symptom?

Salonpas Gel is safe for pregnancy?

Sleepiey: Thanks for sharing the info on the mothercare sales. I plan to buy a cot for #2 also. #1 i also bought a cot but can convert to a toddler bed.

Actually i spilt better playpen & cot for #2. Still considering.

MI - I done the amino test 2 wks back n got d result today that I passed.

Don't worry too much n have plenty bed rest, don't carry anything which is more than 5 kg n avoid doing house work. after d test. I was given 3 days hosp leave to rest .

Stay positive and everything will turn out well.

rumi

dun worry, i have the same problem as u during my first preg.. n itz really bad.. it might be due to ur petite frame or even past injuries which might attribute.. for my case is due to my petite frame.. n now tis 2nd preg situation got worse, it affect me so bad till the pain seem to spread to my joint btw tight n pelvis n i m not able to walk properly if i lie flat or stand too long thus i decided to go for aqua fitness courses held by kkh hoping to ease my situation.. u might wanna try going for swimming, yoga or pilates to ease ur pains.. i think it shld help for the long run

u may pm gina christine (babydustmummy) ur email add so she can add u into fb.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wah.. i missed out so many postings. Have been pretty busy lately to come online.

BTW, I am having a bb Girl again! Hubby and I are kinda disappointed (more for him) cos we really hope we can get a boy since our 1st one is a girl. Anyway, as long as bb is healthy, we are grateful.

Igop: Re your qn on Csect mah, emm.. sure it is painful in the after event. But hosp will get you to purchase an elastic banding cloth to wrap the wound tight so that to minimise the pain when I moved. Moreover when bb first born, as a very kan cheong mummy, once bb cry, I will immediately go to her room without feeling the pain at all! For the first 2 weeks, movements are very restrictive but after that alls fine. The only thing is that after csect, must still move aruond, dun just lie there and do nothing. Cos the longer one lie, the more pain one will feel.

re Breast pain: Emm.. this 2nd P, realised that my boobs grow bigger faster than the 1st P. Hopefully my 2nd P, i can have better milk supply.. keke.. i am super duper pro breastfeeding one so if you have any question, feel free to ask. :D

Mareike: My gynae told me not to take pao shen etc when I asked the last time coz she said there may be steroids in them. My mum also wanted to cook them for me for the same reason…

Pommes: Thanks for the link! =) I also have family history of diabetes and worse, I looooove sweet stuff before and during preggie…but gynae didn’t ask about that or order the test. Actually I would rather have to go for it to find out if all’s okay…but anyway, cheer uppppp! Baby needs a happy mummy! =)

Sing Yee & Mareike: Thanks for the contacts! Are they good in your opinion? Hee…hope it’s not a stupid Q to ask…

Re mattress - I also second Ellysia's recommendation. Babysafe mattress. Though its not cheap, I think $300plus but its cooling cos it has many holes. Someone said it prevent SID cos got holes inbetween.

chine - 2 is enough. too taxing. actually even for 2nd one, both hubby and I are still very stressed up- kept reminding each other that the first 6-9mths are really horrible.. oops.. i think i may have scared off some mummies here. Disclaimer: This is really individual and I never regretted having #1 and now #2. :D

sekali 3rd one also gal - i think i will faint cos disappointment could be too much.. haha..

Someone jsut told me that if menses are not regular then high chances of gettnig gal so...

Just back from Gynae visit.. Bb weighs 516g at wk 22..

Chine: guess it's best for u to faster get the urine test done again.. Cos today talk to dr Koh, bacteria in urine can lead to premature birth.. Did you know that clinc changes their queue number system?

p00H, Wat is the new system? yes. i am going down for appt tis fri. will do it.

actualli my last P, i never do any urine test

Back