(2011/09) Sep 2011

igop

I tink so.. when i twist from left to right or right to left, i can feel bb sliding together too haaa.

Got once, bb sit very much towards left side such tat my tummy change shape. then i have to guide bb back bec' my tummy get pulled and its uncomfortable. I am too, unsure of gender n need double confirmation during detail scan.

My pregnancy pillow is only one small piece triangle which is use to put at side so tat when sleep at side, dun accidentally flip over on tummy.

I saw another nice one for putting at back, selling at Robinsons for around $80 / $90. But expensive and i not sure good or not, so i am not buying.

Sometimes i roll my blanket up to form a 'bolster' to put btw legs lor.

bunnz

Praises work well for children to encourage them for certain good acts.. in our case we praise his hat so tat he can keep them on his head (and not take it down and throwing on the floor).. haaa.

Hey mummies. Does anyone know of any place for prenatal yoga or pilate?

My back is hurting so much. I tot we were on the topic but i cannot recall now.

Hi all,

I've a brand new Quinny Buzz 3 stroller, willing to let go at $800. Price neg. Was given to me as a baby shower gift. Interested pls pm me. Thanx.

Color of stroller: Roller Pink.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5327799.jpg]

ILS- I just came back from the amino test, given 3 days hospitalisation leave to bedrest at home. D test took me an hr include the scanning.

Sonographer say the baby quite active n maybe it's a gal. My boy will be veri happy to know that he got a mei mei as he want to beat up whoever bully his mei mei. But d sonographer say it better to wait for the test result to be out just to confirm that the gender is correct.

The prof who did d amino test was very fast and he praised me that I'm very brave as my HB was not in the room wif me. He told the nurse that I must be a 女强人 n i rule the house as I'm very calm and i handle the situation very well. I didnt even move or scream. The doc was very good as he keep talking n joking with me and even when he poked the needle.

simbaobao

i bot a new p pillow for tis P. the previous one use until v nua so i throw away. i oso need to use a new bf pillow cos the old one a bit out of shape due to prolong use by my boy up to 2yrs old. some things cant keep for 2 bec the condition deterioate due to wear and tear.

ellysia: is the bf pillow useful? was thinking abt it. looks quite big also so didnt want to get it early [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i tot preg pillow is the long one..didnt know there's small one

jojo88 : rest well!!

Bunnz- Thanks!

I'm still like sleeping facing up, cause sleeping sideway make my back ache more. It's not good to sleep facing up?

jojo

oic.. Cos i tink amino not so safe.

Sleep face up will cause blockage or not so good for blood vessels, i read somewhere. But i oso sleep on back during sleep, inevitable will slide to many positions.

bunnz

there many type of pregnancy pillow, u can look at mum n babes, mothercare and departmental stores.

hmm, for me I'm not sure if it's because I've been reading on the forum on sleeping positions, but I find that sometimes if I sleep on my back, just after a few minutes, it'll start to ache, and I have to sleep on my side for relief, so unless if I'm watching tv on the bed, then I'll use all the pillows to support the back for a while, but once I go to sleep, it's back to the sides for me

Thanks for all your relies. I should starting sleeping on my left side as well..but will go get a pregnancy pillow to support so I don't roll back to sleeping on my back. heheh...

btw, to correct my post just now. the pregnancy pillow at Robinsons Raffles City is $49, not $80. I just bot it just now. Its at the corner of the kids section (near the bb pillow) and v near to towels sect.

how is the pregnancy pillow different from normal pillow?

I'm using extra pillow or cushions in between my legs. Started sleeping on my left but so not used to it. Always find myself waking up sleeping on my back or on my right.

Talk about baby's movement. On Sat nite, I had a nightmare. Woke up from it and when trying to get back to sleep, felt a brief vibration on my tummy. Is bb also scared by my nightmare?! LOLs..

Anyway, that's my most close encounter to any baby's movement. Until, I haven't get a definite feel of my bb's kicking or moving around.

i sleep better on my right, perhaps away from the light that is still on as HB not yet sleep.

i still read while lying on my tummy which MIL saw once and freaked out saying it will squash my BB. Am in week 15, tummy not that big yet, later in stage wanna sleep / lie on tummy also cannot lei...

Hi mummies! It's a super busy day for me, just dropping in to say Hi! and comment on some posts.

I just bought another 6 pieces today from the Spring sale, costing me $100. Last trip there, spending too much. haha, but about 3 pieces are really nice nursing wear for Sep and after.

On sleeping posture, I also read that left is the best position to sleep and I have been diligent in following that since finding out I was preggers but of late, maybe it's the growing baby bump, sleeping on my left feels uncomfy, like I'm squashing part of my belly, making me very conscious when I sleep.

And sometimes I wake up, I realised I'm at a half-left, half-lying back position. Hahah

My legs are clipped facing left, my tummy is lying on my back.

Does anyone face this problem? Does a preg pillow help?

been feeling very down lately, like very scared and alone in this pregnancy state. its like one of those gal thing issues that men just dun get it. insecure that HB pays his iphone more attention than to his depressed wife.

I'm a back sleeper and have try to sleep on the side for think 2 months and i notice about few weeks back my tail bone starts to ache.

But when i sleep on my back last night, the ache seems to lessen. not sure it it will works again shall try to go back to side and probably sleep on back when the ache comes bk again.

@ gilera: My HB also pay more attention to his iPhone than me. When I ask him to talk to baby, he just fu yan 2 sentences then back to his iPhone le. The best thing for me to do is to play my iPhone as well, haha.

Dun feel too down, bb also sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@gilera: cheer up, we're all here. I'm opp from you in the sense that I'm the one who is paying more attention to my iphone (cos checking out this forum and the Sept MTB fb).. haha, and hb is complaining.

In anycase, stay happy cos baby can feel it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hihi,

i'm back at work after 2 weeks of mc! so swarmed by work and super sleepy.

ellysia, mind posting the image of the pregnancy pillow you bought at robinson?

i do try to sleep on my left too but it give me backaches near my right back even though i already used a pillow to support the back. the most difficult is the insomnia.. feel so tired but can't zzzz.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

jojo88, please do take ample rest after your amino. hope the results turn out to be really good! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gilera, why are you feeling scared and alone? is something bothering you that cause the fear?

Gilera & Jessica, welcome to the 'iPhone-widow Club'. My friends and I created this club for lonely wives who are abandoned by their hubbies cos they got new 'wives' - their iPhones.

For revenge, I got my hubby to get me iPhone 4 (was using iPhone 3Gs previously). And now, I DL a lot of games and play non-stop to piss him off. & he got the hint :p

Jojo: you are very brave to go alone indeed. I demanded that my hubby has to take leave to accompany me. Glad that everything went smoothly. I didnt know it will be so many days MC. I tot only 1 day. Cannot remember my 1st P one though but really appreciate u letting me know so that I can plan my work. I have so many meetings lined up, haiz. Anyway Rest Well!

Ellysia: aiyoh.. u r brave. I was so in pain (i think i pulled a vein in my thigh that is causing pain in every step i take) and I still dare nto apply anything. Not even hot pad cos i read a mummy said it might increase the womb temp.

Ellysia: i think u referring to Denton Pregnancy pillow. I have that too. For P1 I procrastinate cos it cost alot to get a small pillwo for stomach but when it really grew bigger, I find it pretty useful. So when i turned around, my hand will auto move it around too and place it below stomach so that it will not get distorted too much and causing pain.

What happened to me was my tummy was really huge and then whenever i sleep sideway (i am a side sleeper), my tummy will drop to 1 side and depending where the bb position is, it can be very painful causnig me not being able to sleep. This pillow helps to cushion it so that will not be too distorted but at times i still feel the pain but at least not so painful when not using it at all. I have a friend whom purchase 1 at ebay for only $10 so if you wish u can buy 2nd hand since u only use it for a while.

I also have 1 that is triangle shape but dun find that useful as i find it to flat.. haha.. maybe tummy too big.

Gilera: is anything bothering u? I am feelnig sad at times too and very worried esp my amnio is scheduled for next week and i am very fearful of the result. Unlike Jojo, her amnio is by choice, mine is by recommendation from gynae cos my 1st P, I was in high risk category.

Then recently many ppl made the commetns that I am gg to have girl which I thnk so cos i have all the signs of carrying gal but no sign of boy. haha.. actually i dun mind the gender but since i already have a very sweet lovig gal, i really hope to have a boy. Anyway as long as bb is healthy, gender really doesnt matter.

bunnz,

I love the bfing pillow. Mine is called My breast fried pillow. Very good cos my arms not tired with the bfing. only problem is bb too comfortable so sometimes might fall asleep when latching.

gilera,

Its normal to feel more emotional and down during this period.. be careful of yr emotions. I receive feedback during my 1st P tat was depressive during that stage but i didnt realise it until after giving birth.

My hb played WOW online game and iphone games, so he is even more worse i guess. but my boy prefer to play with him so he can only play when my boy sleep. haha.

hey..i also started using a pregnancy pillow...but it's huge,....shaped like a horseshoe..from leachco...i find it quite comfortable...cos you're like sleeping in btw this u shape thingy...u can hug the pillow in front..and ur back is also supported...and you can adjust it in many position..i told my husband thats my throne...hehe..actually he also likes it alot...he will use it when i'm not using it...

ilovesashimi,

oh.. i actually checked w my gynae before applying [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the ache is so painful last week.

and yes, its denton pregnancy pillow.

perhaps the reality that i am really ahving a BB is starting to kick in. have been reading up alot on pregnancy and labour and freaking out about labour. worried if i can make it. then HB "dissapointed" me by saying that prenatal classess are of no use as we already have Wong BB's book. just feel like this is my own one man show. today was quite serious, was all teary to work and at work... embarassing.

all these bottled worries and agitations are taking its toll. have successfully quit smoking and HB automatic smokes away from me now but somehow expect him to quit? i know i shouldnt expect him to la... smoking was shiok b4...it just stinks like crap now...

heart very sour.

gilera

during my first P, i always feel my hb didn't give me much support. Other forummers' hb will dote on them and give more concern during pregnancy but my hb is more of a wooden block so he only give concern when i complain, but if i complain too much he thinks i am naggy. So after giving birth, i dun feel much appreciated and i feedback to him on several things.

But during the past 3 yrs when my boy start to feel more sticky to my hb and also bec' i purposely let it be (heee...lazy mummy), my hb also help me a lot. He can also see tat my health deterioated after giving birth and many body aches here and there.

Having a bb can be v straining on rs with hb, sometimes men r also stressed bec they dunno how to comfort their wife then also they worried abt finances + how to take care of bb etc/new role. We get connected with bb from pregnancy but they only start to learn when bb come out. Just dun let the stress take over u and strain the rs, bec' this is just the beginning u still need each other help to take care of bb after giving birth.

Ellysia - u mean u didnt realise you were depressed at that point of time until so much later?

"is something bothering me?" just feeling worried at the time... will this kinda negative emotions have effect on BB? like what if BB also moody then will start kicking?

iPhones sure are husband stealers... he was and is glued to it at every spare moment, i wonder how we conceived...

Gilera, go take his iPhone and download those pregnancy apps. Then change the settings to allow notifications. All sorts of pregnancy related 'news' will keep popping up and he will read. HAHAHA!! That's what I did to my hubby la. Then he will auto come ask me certain things (or panic when he reads about a certain medical condition).

gilera

Yup. I think i am in depression tat time, maybe mild. But i dunno until i snap out of it after maternity leave end and i go back to work, having regain figure and finding back old hobbies etc.

Yes it may affect bb.. i was depressive and bad tempered and i think it kind of affected my boy having make him always insecure.

There was once, i am too stressed and my boy play with umbellical cord around his neck during 1st P. I feel less movements during tat day and quickly went to gynae. Gynae says she suspect i am too stressed. When i go back i quickly keep telling bb not to play with the cord.

during confinement, i was also v stressed and few times i shouted at my bb boy until he stopped crying and even shove him v hard on the bed. It was the most crazy period i tink.. pregnancy hormones and after giving birth the depressive can be v horrible. During confinement is v stressful with bb crying and bf issues etc. u have to learn to relax and be more laidback, take less than perfect.

can't really depend on hb bec' he oso stressed and shouted at me (my hb usu temper is good) too plus my mum also depressive mood during confinement (she my confinement lady).

My hb is really addicted to online games, last time we used to quarrel over his gaming.. i oso played with him tat time.

i just quitted/stop playing since tis P, cos need more time to take care of my boy and i oso need more rest than first P.

after quarrels, we iron out some issues i guess. oso i try to make my boy prefer his daddy more... hee.. one tactic to make him less addicted. Now my boy will pull him away from PC during weekend and make him accompany him play toys/read story books etc.

Ellysia , thanks for sharing and your kind words.

yes they are just oblivious to us after making us strike. comments like :'aiyoh ur tummy really very big already lei' , "i think your nose getting bigger" etc. etc. irritates the hell out of me. i think he does it on purpose and thinks its funny.

your story is exactly how i feel. other ppl Hb will shower the preggy wife with branded bags and holidays la... comparing makes me sour too. mine does housework and kills bugs though.

yes i am sure men have thier own worries too and be lost in cave and seek paradise in "angry birds". having a dog already sorta strained our r/s... now being preggy also strain coz he thinks he will hurt the BB.

sorry to be such a spoiler on Monday. Many thanks for all your encouragement. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gilera

Try to make yr bb like his daddy more in future... haaa. then u have more spare time yrself.

haaa.. i oso do housework lor my hb also never give me extra gifts during Pregnancy, his thinking is i need the same pampering before or during pregnancy. I say "i give birth so hard to our son", then he say i also have a share in our son.. anyway he freak out during my labour i think, after seeing me lose so much blood and face v white plus my bp drop damn low after giving birth. Dun worry maybe yr hb will appreciate u more after giving birth. The reality doesn't strike them esp for 1st time fathers.

1D1R - yes he was more involved when he d/l preggy apps on his own record ealrier in 1st trimester. then his phone got reset accidentally.

without it, he still dare announce to the world i am 10 weeks preg.

I AM ALREADY IN WK 15, MY BB IS THE SIZE OF AN AVOCADO!

u handle your HB very well LOL

Ellysia - how far along are u.

i feel i will be short tempered as well. i really cannot tahan wailing kids... i hope my BB is not so loud. i will try my best to relax hereon. else i will just bother all of you on this thread until you guys block me...

gilera - try not to think so much. must have happy thoughts that bb will be happy. Dont think the situaton will always be like this. Could be your hubby not knowing what to do either. Its your first pregnancy afterall. Sometimes could be that you are reading too much hence having more expectations thus the depression.

Try talking to your hubby. My hubby also like that sometimes - only sweet at times. Like he always offer to go out and get me anything i crave for but when i really have craving, he will say its too late. Can cook instant noodles etc?

Worst after bb was born, he was forever playing iphone cos it just came out (2 yrs back) and I was so frustrated that i cried on a few occasions thinking that my gal is not even having a father.

But after talking to him (it takes time for me though) and ever since my gal knows how to talk (about 8 mths back), she started rejecting him. Always say "daddy no" then he started realising that he has missed out so much in her life.

Then ever since we found out that I am pregnant again, he played a more active role now and he has since changed for the better. He even took over the night waking to take care of my gal which i must say its a big improvement although there are many areas of improvements. Well, i have learn to lower my expectation and to accept the reality. No one is perfect so be grateful and try not to expect much, you will be a happier person. After all it took him close to 14 mths to change to be a better father.

There may be many loving husbands and doting fathers but everyone is different. I am sure your hubby has his good points otherwise you wont even be marrying him in the first place right? I think you both just need to communicate more.

well, HB is being more sweet after i preg , which i noticed and makes me think that 'e-yer, only preg then so sweet, hold my hand all the time.'

i assigned him that he is in charge to do a quality check on BB once BB is delivered, in case i K.O or something. he said he will K.O with me also. sigh........

my hb is also iphone hubby but at least he's just beside me. He has his own forums to go to for which i hv no complains still as he has stopped all his online games some time ago which is a great feat .These days i will drag him out for walks/breakfast/dinner which is "us" time

Gilera : communicate more with hb. Dont wait for them to know or second guess what you want cos half of the time they really have no clue and the ladies end up frustrated or disappointed. You really have to tell them exactly what you like and dont like.(but in a nice way : ) )

Hey at least your hb does housework!!! very good for modern men.

At the end of the day you just have to ask yourself..what really makes you happy ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chances are you already have the answer .

ILoveSashimi - that was sad to hear. but perhaps its a blessing in dusguise that now he realises what he had missed out. shall we sue iphone for being too well received by men?

in fact i am sure my HB will cast black magic over the kids and they will all cross over to his camp. thats how he stole my niece away from me. but he refuses to hold infants less than 3 months. he's afraid as they are so fragile...

yup, but talking to him needs to have that right timing, else all falls on deaf ears or turns into a joke or results negatively. he's pretty touchy so must ensure speech is not accuse-ive.

Go ahead and do whatever makes your heart beat faster. Everyone is learning as we go along [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

A lot of fear is in our mind mainly out of fear for the unknown .

i personally find giving thanks for whatever we have and to be really grateful is a very powerful yet simple way to stay grounded/happy/coping with whatever worries we may have etc

Gilera: i can totally relate to your last statement: he's pretty touchy so must ensure speech is not accuse-ive. Haha.. cos mine too.

I know I have come a long way.. haha.. well but for my 1st P he was really sweet. He is still sweet now but not as kan cheong as 1st one. Its jsut that hes not forever sweet.. u get what i mean.. and he gets on my nerves at times. haha..

Oh for my hubby he dare not even carry any kiddos not to mention infant. But when my gal was born, I was having csect so i couldnt carry her and i was very scared to carry my gal so he was actually the 1st one to hold her and carry her to me and then from me back to the bassinet. When we bath her, he was again the one to carry her while i wash.. haha..

I am sure in case of "emergency" like my case where i didnt even want or dare to carry my gal, the man will sure stand up. I have not seen any father who didnt carry their newborn when they were first born. Father also have paternal love one u know and i think they bond with bb better than mummy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ILS-Actually my HB is wif me but he dare not see the needle so I asked him to wait outside.

Don't worry too much, everything will be fine.

jojo, rem to rest well

mummies, i'm back from detailed scan.. today did a walk-in after TMC hospital tour.. mine is a prince!!

Back