(2011/09) Sep 2011

jessica - try lying down and then get your hubby to put hands around.. at this stage the fluttering feeling is more prominent when lying down.

For #1 - i didnt know until my hubby feel it and he told me thats bb kicking.. so funny thats why i will never forget the feeling..

Simbaobao

The more amazing moment will come at a later part where he literally see it boxing n kicking n hicupping beneath ur skin... By then dun have to feel it just see it like tsunami on ur belly.. Lol!!! So funny.. I m so looking forward to tat moment... So funny.. I use to always disturb my boy by shaking tummy n poking him.. Wahahaha.. He will do the same back to mi...

Mummies!! I just left spring at tanjong pagar. Spend 140 for 7 items. Got some small size items. Many l, xl and xxl items. For smaller size mummies u can get shorts cos they have many small sizes. Oh for slim build mummies can get spaghetti nursing wear. That's all I can think for now.

Yes yes ladies I can't wait to have the strong kick from tus lil one.. Hb said by den I will "fight" with BB everyday.. Hehe

I remembered when Sis is preg, we surround her to see my nephews doing kick boxing inside.. Really amazing...

I wanna feel my baby... how is it like? tapping? fluttering? Today is the start of my week 17, felt some pulsing when I place my hands on my tummy. Is that baby's movement? Possible?

@Pommes: I get those feeling too but I don't know if it's my stomach or baby. Hahha, unless it's very obvious to me, I think I will have to continue guessing. ;)

Pommes: Try to touch ard ur tummy.. i only felt it today.. last time was like some vibrating sensation inside but today is very obvious esp when i cross my legs to sit... i can felt my tummy had lil light bouncing sensation on my feet as well...

Simbaobao - wait till ur bb turn 360, u will see how distorted ur tummy is. Haha. Actually I dun miss the rumbling feelings. Maybe my gal too active. Turn up and down, the feeling pretty unbearable. Can cause sleeplessness cos my gal is a us timing. Night time = her day time. Faint. Anyway I do hve friends who miss bb kicks after giving birth.

Pommes/ Gina: initial feeling is like fluttering. If u din pay attention u may not know it. Any light fluttering could be it.

Ilovesashimi: hehe i dunno how i felt it so amazing that a life can actually grow inside us.. its going to be a really amazing experience dat the daddy dun get to feel it..

p3ppr, thanks. Really hope to get pass the itchy stage coz it is so unbearable.

Ilovesashimi, haha, I also think so. Usually children intuition very accurate. Boy or ger dun matter to me, healthy n happy is good enough. So for Malay massage, it is usually how many hours for $40-$50 per session?

Mummies, is Caesar salad from restaurants n cafes like coffee bean safe to eat? I juz ate n after eating, juz realized it has mayo. Now abit worried. Some websites said usually cafes use bottled mayo which use pasteurized egg yolks which should be safe. But not sure is that accurate. Anyone can advise me?

Simbaobao, it must have felt amazing to feel ur bb actions. I'm waiting for mine to happen.

Mareike - mine was 1 hr 15 mins. My gf abt 1.5hrs. Actually if u are chatty kind and if the massage lady also chatty, can last longer. Haha. Oh sometimes they are late and they still considered their lateness into 1.5hrs one.

I guess minimal salad sauce is fine. Moreoever it's more advisable not to take Mayo during 1st trim. For me I took quite a few times of mos burger and subway where they contains Mayo during my 1st trim and I forgot I shouldn't be taking.

Simbaobao - true abt the amazing feeling. But daddy can correspondence with bb too. In 3rd trim can use a soft touchlight and shine briefly on tummy u'll see bb reaction too. Keke. Alamak I should kept quiet cos these are what prenatal class will teach u. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: gynae checkup

Went for gynae checkup n was told that my #2 is a boy. My HB is elated... My #1 is a gal n the whole family is hoping for a boy.

Re: spring maternity sale at tanjong pagar mrt station

I bought 9 pieces for $200... Very worth;) mostly left with l n xl sizes n a few s n xs jeans. Tried on the s jeans n it fitted just nice so decided not to get cos can't go very far. Bought one m size Bermudas n 2 m size shorts, 1 dress n the rest are tops... V happy... Thanks for sharing the lobang here..

Ilovesashimi, thanks for the reassurance. After I went home last night, I dun feel good n end up merlion 90% of the salad. Guess the harm (even if there is) is greatly reduced. Whew!

Btw, do all models of medela pump have high suction power or is just PIS model only?

Dongle, congrats! After this, can close factory and you got a 好!

ILS & Annie: Okie sure, thanks! Will book fast and (hopefully) stop procrastinating! =|

ILS: Hahahahaha your girl is so funny in imitating you! Good lah, means she want to be pretty like mummy…=p

Baby’s kicks:

Ughs wonder how it feels like to experience baby’s kicks and movements. Everyone has been describing them but I think I am too chi2 dun4 to feel anything haha. Am 18 weeks now…

Spring M Sale:

Hahah seems like everyone is making good use of the generosity of Suzanna to buy lotsa stuff especially at this time of sale! But I think if I find some time to head down this week, everything may already be gone…=( So it means the sale only opens on weekdays but on weekends the shop functions on normal pricing system?

Halo mummies,

I would like to join in the discussion. I am pregnant with my #2 and EDD is 16 Sept. Just got to know that it is a boy. My #1 is a girl. my gynae is Dr Douglas Ong.

I am now looking to buy an electric breast pump. I din get any for my first one and regretted... I ended up only breastfeeding her for 2 weeks. So this time I intend to invest in a good pump. Hear PIS is very good. Is it really very good?

WTS

Natal Care Plus (400mg): Each box of 30 capsules at $14.00 (U.P. $16.05)

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8470/img1140sx.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5936/img1141e.jpg

Natal Care Triplus (625mg) : Each box of 30 capsules at $28.00 (U.P. $32.10)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6593/img1190o.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2861/img1191u.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9746/img1160a.jpg

All boxes with Expiry 2013.

Bought too many from Dr Adrian.

================================================

An Australian specially balanced formulation that helps fulfill DHA requirement for fetal / baby brain development, and optimizes the brain development of the fetus and infant.

The core element in NATAL CARE PLUS - Natural Fish Oil - contains DHA and EPA, which is particularly needed during pregnancy and lactation. Apart from that, NATAL CARE PLUS also contains Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that helps to alleviate the negative impact of free radical formation, and increase normal cell function.

================================================

Cash on pick-up/delivery @ Jurong East or Raffles Place.

Kindly PM or leave SMS at 9 876 1872.

Thanks all and have a safe pregnancy!

Hihi.

Medela PIS is strong, it's the same one they use in TMC Lactation Consulting Room when I was there 2 yrs ago. But I bot Medela freestyle cos of it's portable size n I did bring it out quite often..

Hi MTB,

Sorry to disturb. I have gave up breastfeeding and have the following for sale:

1) Medela mini electric plus (preloved) - $100

2) Medela mini electric (preloved) - $60

3) Pigeon breastmilk storage bag (new) - $12

4) U shape nursing pillow (new) - $25

5) Maternity swimwear, L size (new) - $40

Self collection at jurong. PM me if you are interested.

Hello mummies! Disappeared for a few days cos brought my boy to chalet from Thu till yesterday to play [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Went Wild Wild Wet (quite sian cos I can't play slide, can only play in the small playground with my boy & laze in the 'shiok river').

Ate A LOT! hahaha! Had Seoul Garden at DTE (quite good cos it's ala carte buffet now, very hygienic).

p00h, had a lot of fun! My boy enjoyed watching movie, going bowling, WWW, walk around DTE to eat, run ard in chalet and just relaxing with me & hubs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

& I gathered my childhood friends for overnight BBQ :p

#2: didnt think seoul is still ard.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] U must have had a gd break!

still have energy for bbq?!

dont know why these 2 days.. have the symptoms of little nausea/dizziness despite of eating regularly. bb playing tricks on me!?

last night bb was very active min for 30 mins.

(we were watchin solomon at that time though, mb it's all the action and gross violence)

hehe hb felt the movements for first tme..thought it was my stomach at first!!keep sayin he felt no movements.

Bunnz, the guys did the work, all I did was sit there & eat!!! hahah!! & cos I'm preggie, they were extra careful to make sure everything was cooked properly before it came to me :D

Hi Mammies

would like to high recommend my confinement lady, She is called Xin Hua. She has

20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food

(including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple

housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very

pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard

time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help.

You can contact her at +60172418030 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 (Singapore HP).

Bunnz, have you settled/confirmed your arrangement for your classes during confinement/maternity leave already?

I've confirmed with my replacement tutor already. She'll come in 1 mth before I'm due to assist and get to know the kids (plus know the progress I'm at with them). Also in case I pop early, she's already here teaching.

Now drafting out the letter to inform all parents.

Im not sure if all medela models are strong suction. The one I used is older model one and the suction is hard. I've returned it to my friend already.

I have a pre-loved Medela Pump In Style Breastpump in Traveler Backpack to let go at $300. V good condition. Original box from Mums & Babes still available.

Contents: (as stated on box)

Pump In Style Breastpump

Microfiber backpack

Removable motor unit

Removable cooler carrier

Double pumping Accessory Kit (2 funnels, 2 tubing) –however for hygiene purposes it is recommended to get new ones

Manual breast pump

Cooling Element

4 Medela Breastmilk Bottles & lids

AC adaptor

Battery Pak

Willing to throw in:

3 brand new Medela membranes (needed for the funnel) FOC

10 glass bottles with caps (lids) –good for storing expressed breast milk. Size is compatible with Medela breast pump, just attach directly onto funnel, express, cap and store!

Interested, please PM me or sms 9180 2300.

<b>Pommes, Gina, b.isforbb<b>: I don't feel anything too..yet. I'm at 16 weeks 2 days now. Husband actually offered to listen to tummy but all he heard was stomach growling. HahA..

koume!

Same for me...i even used a fetal sthethoscope(bot online)....he also says he only hear sounds of water pipe...haha....

hi mummies!

It is monday again.. feeling the monday blues but lots of things to rush for work this week. Sian.. feel like taking leave to rest but cant. Haiz..

Dont know why these days very sian on weekends as well, just want to nua at home and take afternoon naps. appetite actually went down lately which is strange. my next appt is on 18 Apr, a week away, like quite far away leh.. Cant wait to see my baby

Good mornng all sep mummies!

Asura - my next appt is 18th as well. I cant wait to see the baby too! 1 week seems like a long time. Just wish to be assured that baby is doing well inside..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kelly, i think Purely Yours is the US version with US adapter..if i'm not wrong. Ameda Lactaline is the Asia version with Asia Adapter?

Do any Mummies here have itchy palms? Was reading this article over the weekend on Babycenter.com..might be some liver problem.. :|

Hi mummies,

Can find out from you gals whether you are now sleeping sideways or still on your back. I am 18 weeks now but still sleep on my back but heard it is not too good to sleep that way. If sideways, which side? Tks a lot!

Good morning... well @ least u all can see baby earlier den me.. mine is on the 21st before gd fri.. HOPEFULLY will really have a GOOD fri to end up with.. hehe

koume: mm mine is like tiny ants running inside my palms.. only felt it recently for a short time.. i kept rubbing my plams and HB tot my hands got cramps.. -_-

shelyn

I have a Medela PIS for my no 1 and bf him for 2 yrs. Its quite efficient though some says suction can be quite strong.

Happymummy

Suppose to sleep on left side which is the best position for pregnancy.

But usually i sleep on all sides. Its v hard to keep on either side for too long.

morning gals

had a busy morning. was up since 430am to go to airport followed by yoga..

having a sore throat plus chesty cough the last 2 days.

#2 : Gd for you!haha most of my students wld not want make up lessons. plus it's near their sch exams. they'll be happy to have the break. anyway many of them are busy now already, esp the sec sch ones. missing lessons every other week.

for me it's more of the teaching arrangement after my confinement.

happymummy i usually sleep on left side most of the time with pillows supportin my front and back for more comfort [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I just recently read from a book gd to sleep with pillow in between our legs facin left (restorative position , helps the lower back i think, cant rem exactly)

if sleep on back directly, i usually have more pillows proppin body up a little..

not sure abt the rest of you..

i have many pillows..of different shapes and sizes. one big one to rest my legs on which i think it's gd for water retention

hb always says it's a pillow war during bed time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Over the weekend, we bring our boy to cinema to watch his first show in cinema, Rio. Heng he manage to stay on his seat until the last 30mins he is ored impatient and climbing up and down.

When we praise that he look nice with new t-shirt or new hat, he also will look at the mirror and "hiao" a bit.

igop

I didn't know boys can be ham sup too.. but recently my boy noticed the increased in size of boobs so he actually 'attacked' my boobs with mischevious smile. He even 'attacked' my belly button which has already protuded out. So irritating.

bunnz: hehehe i had 4 pillows and 2 bloster.. was telling HB i NID more.. he went.. ur bed not very big eh.. u wan me to slp on the floor is it..

simbaobao

I only have 1 Pregnancy pillow. Can't have too many or else my boy will kick all of them off the floor when he sleep. Ored the king size bed no space with my boy sleeping with me. He occupys a big area while i take a small area, cos he likes to 'swim around' in his sleep

Ellysia Yah !! My nephews used to Attack my boobs when they are at the age of 3 or 4 .. Then I will say shame shame...

Re: sleeping position

I also read that lying on our back is not gd Now i sleep better on my left side too with bolster. But sometimes when I change position to the right, I can feel something inside tummy is dropping to the right.. Bb falling ? I seems to feel fluttering movements in my tummy at night..

Couldn't find out gender of Bb last sat cos Bb used umbilical cord to cover... Have to wait till 1 mth later..

ellysia : oic.. children(or rather even adults ) love praises. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ellysia: HB tot of buying a pregnancy pillow BUT hor... ours only queen size.. alrdy 3/4 of it is filled with my pillows.. hehe still tinking though he said might be a good investment since he wanna 2.. -_-"

Back