(2011/09) Sep 2011

haven't decided if wan to go for @ Mt A or TMC.. heard of wong bb class which is very popular and is so far away.. -_-" oso have to see if HB is free to go with me anot.. sian

miss baby.. still got to wait till next week den can see baby...

HB is off today but went back to office to settle some stuffs but we r gg for RIO (movie) later.. long time never watch show le.. tis be baby's 1st movie.. hopefully he/she will enjoy it.

b.isforbb: I went to Spring yesterday evening. The dresses are pretty much close to none, but plenty of tops. Bottoms (office pants) are limited in terms of size if you are (during non-preg) a XS/S/M..

ellysia: at least your hb buys bags for you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For us..we dont really purposely buy things for birthdays/occassions

I told my hb I dont fancy the idea of purposely waiting till a special day to show appreciation. We shd just enjoy as and when we want and every day shd be spent well.

But a "big" gift a year wld be gd though to cover the birthday/annniversary etc :p

Mb if you cant get them to do the way we want,just join them :D

hehe from the way u all said abt ur hb with iphone.. it made me felt gulity coz my hb always complain i am the one with a iphone now.. last time when he had a blackvberry... he is super glued to it..den i got my iphone.. i dl alots of games to play or stuffs to watch.. he do his ting i do mine.. till he sold it away coz of wrk pl cant bring smartphone.. nw he is complaining we r neglecting him..

We don't have i-phone to start with but planning to get one for my hubby. Maybe I should think twice? ;p

Anyway, I think my hubby is quite sweet. He will buy things for me on and off, mostly food though. ;p He always does the housechores (even before pregnancy) Everyone in my family thinks that he will make a great father while is doubtful about me being a good mother [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Anyway, just a question. I have had maternity tour and hospital tour at MTA and TMC. We prefer MTA than TMC. But I noticed there seems to be more MTBs opting for TMC than MTA. Mind sharing why?

sashimi - We chose GPLS over PEM because

1. PEM - very hard sell like that. Keep calling me to check the status. I dun really like.

2. Service/ Cost - both agencies no diff. PEM offers herbal package and more structural. GPLS is "see how/ see situation". I like services that are more easy-going and flexible, cos I'm fickle minded.

3. PEM is the largest agency with 200-230 aunties. Their quota for each month is at 200 cases. While GPLS is newer compared to PEM, they take in 80 cases with their 200 aunties. i feel safer with GPLS if I ever need to change nanny. They will assign 3 aunties to each case, so that the request for change will be done swiftly.

So in the end, we decided to go for GPLS, buy the herbs as needed.

Mummies,

Pregnancy pillow, the S shape type? Is it comfortable compare to the rest? Anyone knows where to get them? Last night purposely tried to sleep on my left side, the whole night was too conscious about the position so ended up didn't get good sleep.

Actually, doesn't matter if hubby buys branded bags or not. While I appreciate my hubby's effort to help around at home (of course must lower my expectation), what I most like and most endearing to me is that he stands by my side and shut my mum's mouth or MIL's mouth or any kay poh's mouth if they have more than to say.

eg. Last week, when I was at my mum's place to sort out the 2nd handed bb's clothes. my mum made a lot of comments. He just said one sentence and my mum kept quiet. Haha... more effective than me!

But sometimes, he said more than needed and I would shoot him with my dagger eyes. hee hee

mrs wong: i went for the hospital tour at Mt A and TMC.. For me, i prefer Mt A cos like not so crowded.. TMC lobby like always flooded with alot of people.. Mt A toilet seems bigger compared to TMC..

Hilo mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

check huh, why doc wana to wait till the DS then confirm the gender of bb? u mean there are quite a number of cases where bb turn out not to be the gender as per seen in the usual/normal scan?

my bb didnt open legs during the last scan .. doc says no visible signs of male gender .. hmm * thinking *

i haven gone for hospital tours yet, but when I asked Dr Adrian, he'd prefer that I choose TMC though...

pinkiemie, my appt is at 11.45am, i think p3 is at 11.10 or earlier. hehe, we're all on the same day! :D

maybe we're one after the other. :p

Juz nw hb's bestie passed us some toys and children's clothings.. 8 out of 10 pieces are meant for galgal coz they had a pair of princess.. -_-" HB was laughing when he saw those clothings.. asked so small.. wan to wrap where... -_-"

pinkiemie

so which makes 3 of us having DS on the same day.. LOL!! u r the first, then my turn then daddysbao.. :D

p00h, our gynae pref MtA too, he says it is cheaper than tmc.so r u lookin after bb alone after delivery? or u are getting a maid?

anyone can intro a gd maid agency? i need one to look after my newborn

Jessica Tan - my HB has horrible sleeping patterns too. before preggie, he can whack all around while flipping and tossing and turning. once he flipped himself out of bed and was oblivious to it.. i wondered should i just leave him there on the floor - it was hilarious.

i dun understand how can one's actions be with so much energy when sleeping. like toss and turn so roughly.

then once preggie, i have protected myself with my pillow on tummy and turn away from him. he has built a wall with the comforter and bolster to distance us but its taking up alot of space. he is also afraid of accidentally whacking my tummy.

last night got whacked on my nose so i whacked him back and scolded him this morning. he was in denial.

i am with Joycelyn Wong too and she said i am carrying 60% princess at week 12, to be confirmed in wk 16 (next week).

mummies with Dr. Wong... how early / accurate did she predict your princesses? seems this month those under her are gals????

my hb will slp very close to me at the back den PULL my hair -_-" last time when my hair is long.. wow.. everynight i got to scream for him to LET GO.. nw short like.. he still can pull it -_-"

chine: i have not decide on CL or going back to my mum's place for confinement. i am staying with my in-laws, so by default, i guess they are helping me + i have not found a job yet..

Pooh, we share the same EDD & same gender.

someone was saying to meet this weekend to celebrate the end of our 1st trimester, i'm all hands since I will be back to SG til Sun. at least meet up once. and put the faces together. that's if everyone's schedule permits.

Gilera & SBB. your hubby actions are funny, when my HB snores, I slap him until he stop, sometimes i end up awake.

amnesia - i'm kinda having symtoms, cannot remember how many weeks now. 19 or 20

Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day

Today Ben & Jerry is giving away free cone ice cream..... Outlet at VivoCity, United Square, Great World City, The Cathay, Heeren, Raffles City, Dempsey, Zoo, Bird Park & Sentosa

yummmmmy...

Hi Mummies

I have the following items for sale, do PM or SMS me if you're interested [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pigeon Nipple Care Cream and Breast Shields

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5199564.html

Winnie the Pooh Pants (Unisex) 1 pair

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5241419.html?1301230518

Safety 1st Deluxe Bath Cradle

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5267655.html?1301149290

Used Medela PISA Faceplate

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5214044.html?1302587212

I juz did my scan today....

Dr says 90% boy! =)

My hb was so happy...says there's gonna be someone to play his collection of toys (my galfren joked that his collection of toys will be our child's heirloom)..haha

congrats! i cant wait to know mine.... very difficult to wait... the super sweet dress from mothercare is haunting me!!!

gilera

wah u oso under Dr Wong. My last checkup with her is quite vague on gender bec at first say is boy, then later is gal. So i tink i better wait until detailed scan.

I prefer not to buy infant clothes too early. Cos i will prefer to wait until last trim to observe the growth cos if big bb, then no need to buy too many NB clothes, just straight get 2-3 months old clothes. My hb said wait until June great sg sales.

bunnz

Our big gift is usu bday as we agreed. anniversary we just settle with makan and maybe small gift or no gift.

I bot brunn bruffel briefcase for him $300+. He buy coach $400+. Actually i prefer to buy my own handbag bec' scared he heartpain the money. I tink if buy LV or chanel then shd be using my own money, feel much better.

gilera

Yup #1 is with Dr Wong.

shared my story before in this forum.

Dr Wong is nice bec' she answer questions and patient and gentle when checking V-area, plus i prefer women gynae. Only thing i dun like is she only come halfway or towards the end of the pushing stage. My #1 delivery is natural with epidural + forcep assisted, stayed in single room at TMC. total is $3.8 cash after deduction from medisave.

Her delivery and packages have went up.

Hi mummies,

I am from the June 2010 thread.

I am now doing my 3rd batch spree for Sophie & other brands, the products can be seen on www.sophie.sg. The discount is 20% off price listed on the site.

To order, please send me a PM directly (I will not be referring to the thread postings). I will close orders on 17 April at 3pm. On 18 April, I will contact all mummies to confirm the orders and ask for payment to be transferred before 19 April 11am. Stocks will be available for collection from 20 April onwards at Pinnacle@Duxton or Tanjong Pagar MRT.

Maternity clothes - I recently bot from online sg websites. No time to shop and after Spring move out of AMK hub, not so convenient for me. Just found a nice website yesterday but not sure abt quality. after i try out will feedback to u all.

Been reading this post for the past weeks.

details below:

BB#: 1

EDD: 20 Sep

Gynae: Dr. Christopher Chong

Hospital: Gleneagles

Area: BB

Kelly congrats!! Btw your gynae is the same as my sil one . She is gd!!!

Jessie welcome !! We have same gynae , same edd n same, Bb noti , keep playing guessing games..

Gilera hope u feeling better Le. When my hubby went overseas trip, I will go crazy n refuse to pik up his calls for the 1st 2 days .. I think hormones playing tricks ..

Re: presents from hb

Recently my hb went hk n he went h&m for a shopping spree... when I ask him where's mine n Bb present .. He took out a clear cheapo plastic box, n said " got , of coz got present" n gave me.. It's a box of mango oneh oneh .. Super gek sim lor.. But seriously , I also dun like my hb to buy me anything.. I told him before if want to buy something for me , please buy 1 that I like.. Bcos I dun wan to fake being excited n happy.. My hb is also wooden block n a mummys boy . Sad lor.. But whenever I ask him do things for me he will do . Now I stay at home also nv do housework .. My tummy not that big yet but I feel clumsy ..

Congrats to mummies who know the gender.. So exciting..

Hi igop. I also realise when reading the thread till now. Hope we don delivery same time, else how is our gynae gg to cope with us.

Mummies,

I jus felt 2 kicks from my bb ard the right side of the tummy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ellysia,

Is your PIS sg set or US set? I'm consiering buying US set cos it's so much cheaper. Sg selling it so much more ex.... Is it reliable to buy US set?

Actually my friend is selling the Hygeia brand of breastpump and she says it's good... but it's an unheard of brand so quite sceptical.....

Hi mummies

Sorry for gate crashing. But I have a really great deal to offer.

I have a Medela Swing (Singapore set) bgt last year. Currently still under warranty till Nov 2011. Used less than 5 times as I plan to use this whn I m outside. Bt in the end I didn't really use it cos my supply wasn't really fantastic. Letting go full set with original packaging at just $210. As gd as new, can't even tell it has bn used b4. To make the deal even more attractive and worthwhile for MTB, I will b throwing in a brand new pk of Huggies NB diapers at my own expense.

Grab it b4 its gone! PM mi for the unbeatable offer.

Wow, this thread is moving real fast. Swamped with work and meetings these few days. It's raining so heavily now so still waiting for hubby in office.

My last gynae visit was on Saturday (it was a long 1 month wait). And unfortunately, hb and I had an argument over a very small stupid matter on Friday night. So when I reached the gynae's clinic on Saturday morning, I was still in foul mood. And I think the baby knew! Haha! Cos instead of the usual lying on back position, it had turned completely into a couching position, butt up and was covering the ears! Hb was so shocked that at first, he couldnt make out where was the head. In the end, he said probably baby heard our fight so decided to HEAR NO EVIL. Wahahahah!

Unfortunately, due to the couching position, gynae couldnt make out the gender at all. I was soooo looking forward. Now we'll need to wait for detailed scan in early May instead. But my colleagues were telling me that if no visible male signs so far, most likely will be a gal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Besides being busy at work. I'm feeling fine finally after the 3 weeks cold symptoms. But on and off, my blocked nose will come back at night still. Hope I'll be fine cos going on a roadtrip this weekend! Cant wait!

This week, my colleague also offered me some newborn clothings and mittens. A close gf also offered car seat and Bjorn baby carrier. Havent received them but feeling very blessed for girlfriends in life [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BTW, how to join the FB group?

@kylekyra: PM me your email add for fb?

Anyone else? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The Fb group is getting really busy with interesting posts every day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

woofie: i didnt know dr. koh is like that.. when he type G, i tot its GIRL.. but he continue with GUY..

kyra: i agree that bb can hear us.. try to stay happy.. happy mummy = happy bb

that's very nice of ur colleague and gf..

Hi Mummies,

Can I check for those that have sign up for the pre-antenatal course with Mt. Alvernia can we do it via the website?

pinkiemie, p3, daddysbao - my DS is also on 27th at TMC..mine is 11am. Do u think still able to make it for the 2pm hospital tour? Then I have to go straight to gynae's clinic to look at the result n also regular monthly checkup.

anyone used avent breast pump? HB was lookig thru it @ mothercare today.. he went.. he TINK avent / melanda but in the end decided avent.. i was laffing @ him... * very bad* as if he is the one using it.. hehe

Hi would like to find out which sep 2011 mother is 32 years old and did the blood test for down syndrome and other trisomies? My result came back For trisomies 21 and 18 as low risk but for trisomy 13, for my age, the average should be 1:3778 but my result shows 1:566. Doc said to be high risk, it is 1:250. I am close to that high risk count even though not really high risk yet. But i am looking at avg which is 1:3778. So my result 1:566 is pretty far from it and near to high risk. Of course my next step is to do amniotic fluid extraction. But need to take 2 weeks mc and cannot carry more than 5kg. I've 2 sons aged 4.5 and 2.5. I have to ferry the kids to childcare daily and cannot avoid carrying my 2nd son. So i am really in dilemma now. What shld i do? Pls share your result of the test with me... Thankd

Back