(2011/06) June 2011

Welcome getzi,Regina n Kelly..

Just finally confirmed my confinement center..hurray...before I come back Singapore..

Heard from my center ladies that this rabbit year,there is a tremendous amount of early births,very early births.

And there is a lady that has the same EDD as me 6 June,just had a miscarriage so doing confinement in the center..so sad.

Mummies here,please do take care yah.especially when shopping etc,try not carry heavy stuff.N do everything slowly

agreed w Clare. that is wat i heard frm the nurse at my gynae's clinic. she say alot of bb cant wait till cny all popping out earlier! one of my frenz's wife bb just pop last nite even though her edd is mid mar too.

btw, just went bhg over lunch time. damage $70, two rompers, 4 teats, one swaddle & 3 bibs + a bk for #1

chil: you working at Bugis area? I am within walking distance. heee. Yet to start my shopping in BHG. haha. I usually buy when i am out with hub for dinner. So he can help me carry.

suzie. nope. the first year wrap instead (in pokka dots!), that come w one free cold pack. their disney bib set (2 ply, not waterproof & is string type) is seling at $6 for 3! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

quien, me working few train stations away. so just popby can take alook [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] we should meet for lunch there!

on top of the baby fair, bhg hving their storewide sale too. some bra is selling like 2 for 29.90 or even some wacoal bra selling at $5! *crazy..

Ratatouille

Can update us on whether there's any sale for brands like NUK and Pigeon, for those without the 25% voucher? TIA!

Welcome new mummies who just joined us!

Thnks mummies for all the info on hospital bottles, another friend of mine is giving me some more with caps as well. Yipee!

Syrah, the storage box u bought, is it a good deal? I need to get 2 - 1 for new helper and 1 for bb.

Keng Keng, it is too early to go and see him now for name and date. My cousin(you long zi's son) ask me to go 1mth b4 38 weeks, which is about 34 weeks. They will give u some dates to choose from. As for names, you need baby's 8 characters first then they can give u the names. Selection of dates is $168 and names is $100.

chil and quien, me working at outram. we can go shopping together. haha!

too bad i couldnt' find any nice sleepwear suitable for BF and maternity undies at BHG.

does anyone has a good rec for maternity pads? or would like extra long night safe pads be sufficient. i prefer the lining to be cotton/fibre, not the dry weave plastic type.

chil: oh they have swaddle at BHG Bugis ah. okie. i have yet to buy that, shall check it out later this week. heee

Abit difficult for me to meet up for lunch, cos i start work around 12noon, family biz. Have to eat here at work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

piano,

I've no idea if it's a good deal or not. I like the colours and size so bought it. It's not Toyogo brand. Forgot the name as we threw out the box already. Bought it at $77 from Giant Tampines. I like it also becoz it's broader than the usual type and comes with wheels.

Thnks Syrah, i went parkway giant yesterday but they didnt sell the 4 tier drawers. I'll drop by giant tampines and take a look.

Qiuen, pls help me on the updating..

Nick: Jetje0617

Name: Edina

EDD: 10 June

Gynae: Dr. Lim Yuin Wen

Hospital: Mt A

BB#: 1

Thanks.. =)

tsukushi, no sale lei so onli people wif the 25% voucher are buying. keekee

Rata

Thanks for the update! Have vouchers on hand so was thinking of getting Nuk from there or Isetan. What did you buy?

Taukushi, bought breast pad, bottle brush, avent milk bottles, 3+mths teats, bra extension, disposable panty, 1st teeth tooth paste, kids oral b tooth brush, hk toy, gal panty set. Last few items for my #1. Also bought bros water bottle for myself. N I exceeded the max amt of spending $500.

Hi Piano, thanks for the infor.

Clinic already given me the range of date that i can do caesarean. So, can go & pick the actual date & they can reserved that date for me. Decide early also good, will be one load off my mind. Can concentrate on other things.

Hi Ladies...

Still having cough and the worst is now sore throat with ear drams very pain.

I taken only some cough mixture frm the GP till yesterday afternoon cause do not want too much medication in my body... I will try to tahan and drink lots of water / honey water.

Was given Denzan for the inflamatation on the throat... but it get worst cause my my ear drums are painful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] the last time will be given anti biotics but this time was not given at all *sob sob* so xing ku... and my Denzan is going to finish today..

Hope I can tahan to this Friday cause will be going for DS at MT E and will ask my gyne see if I can take any other medication...

Ladies please take care of yourselves.

Hi Christy

Do take care. I just recovered from cough and sore throat too. Was sick the entire CNY till only last week gets better.

Try gaggle with salt water & vinegar(taught by my TCM doctor)..this will ease the pain and de-inflame the throat.

And try to drink warm water whenever you have the urge to cough..it will be better too.

Speedy recovery to you!

victoria > you also seeing TCM? me too, seeing TCM for my skin itch. GPs say this is eczema but TCM say is the don't-know-what (stomach, iirc) weak. Now my skin has become the old ah-ma kind of skin with red patches everywhere... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Christy,

Oh no...u sound really bad. Do rest more. What I did when I get a med from GP is to email my gyane to cfm if it's safe to consume b4 i took it. Hope u can recover soon!

life is beautiful,

Could the itch skin be due to the pregnancy? There's quite a lot of preg rashes that can happen. Heard that one of them is PUPPP. I remember there was a lady who posted here selling the bars of soap that's supposed to help with it. Did you check with your gynae abt the itch?

keng keng,

Wah...so early must choose c-sect date?

Morning Christy, so sorry you are not feeling well. anyways, if you are just having a viral sore throat, there's not point for your GP to give you antibiotics. and some cough syrup is drowsy formula, so that's why you feel so dizzy and tired.

best you can do is rest well and don't eat spicy food. my doc also tells me not to drink hot (scalding) water, cause will burn the throat causing more inflamation.

as Victoria has said, gurgling with salt water is good. i always make very salty, salt will help kill baceria and reduce the swelling.

oh, there's no need to make honey water. what i do is eat a teaspoonful of pure honey, so that it will coat your throat, like pipa gao. works better than drinking honey water. honey also has antiseptic properties, so will help to reduce inflamation and kill some germs. and the best thing is, you don't have to control the intake.

actually, i'm currently on Augmentin for me urine infection, my GP says this is the only antibiotic he knows that's documented to be pregnancy safe.

christy, my GP gave me dried ivy leaf extract for my cough (which he gave to his preggy wife too). I took about 3 times & my cough was much better... I forgot the brand but saw Guardian selling it too.

Syrah> Oh never though of email to my gyne... but very often I will check medication on the internet on its risk... A bit late if I email my gyne now.. cause the only medication I take now is Danzen... which is not risky... cause even Gyne use them.

I pray and pray to be less painful each day.. most of the time it get worst in the middle of the night... sometime want to give up cause its painful.

Suzie> On will try the salt water gurgling method tonight...

Oh just take honey also can ah.. *ok will do it now... yesterday went to buy a bottle of honey to make honey water* Bring to office also the honey... just scoop and ate a spoon.. So sweet :p

The other time I see Gyne cause got infection down there. Gyne gave me medicine to insert and 1 tablet for anti-biotics.

Eleen> Ivy Leaft extract hmmm... now everyone in office is sick I see also scard *dun know when recover* plus we are more prone to be more affected... How I wish I am working frm home.

Hi, sometime ago, there was a buying list circulated, could someone who has it kindly send to me via e-mail ? I think it was from Eileen. Much thanks ! [email protected]

Got to start shopping already ! We are all getting heavy !

Oh dear Christy, take care. I always have sore throat as i talk a lot everyday. I take a scoop of manuka honey when i feel it coming. I feel better after that. I drink honey water too.

Ann, yes i am always tired. Recently has been better. I hope 3rd tri will not be worse that this [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pianojazzy> Oh better stop talk so much... :p

All> On the happy side... I won the Abbott Diaper Bag (Zoe Tay Design) hahaha no need to buy diaper bag liao.

Want to ask on the bottle teats.. usually we buy bottle is mid teats... so that mean we have to buy the small teats right? Or no need?

ann, i feeling extremely tired too... Think we are suffering from the 3rd trim symptoms already... As of today i'm only 25wk5d! cham... btw, forwarded the list.

oh thanks a lot ! ya, it's like morning I come to work, can start dozing off from 10am...really like can just fall asleep immeidately type... aiyoh, how to work like that ? then at about 4pm, the dozing off starts again. Last evening, i reach home at 7pm, slept till 9pm, wake up eat dinner, read a bit, and slept from 11.30pm till this morning... fantastic ! !!

Ann- last week i was super tired. hb tot it's third tri also, but i'm only on my 23rd coming to 24th week.

but after taking me meds plus a bottle chicken essence i feel much more hyper. now feel like shopping. :p

some one mentioned about being anaemic and therefore feel very tired? maybe your baby is having a growth spurt and you need more blood cells.

christy- so lucky of you to have won the bag.

syrah > i went to the GP and gynae on different occasions, they say it's eczema. I was thinking maybe it's pregnancy related. but I think I abit sway lah... cos I see the preggies mommies around me all don't have such problem. Now my skin becomes really dry and wrinkled. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

all mtb > can I just check with all the mommies who signed up with TMC's prenatal classes on weekdays at AMK hub on the price. Cos the first time I called, they told me a price before 10% (for FBI) then today I called to confirm the class, I realised the price differs from the previous (after hanging up the phone). So I was thinking, what is then the 'right' price?

if mommies ain't comfy with price-sharing here, can PM me. thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks eileen, i got it !

suzie, oh so a bottle of chicken essence help ? ok, i'll try... i still feel like dozing off anytime now... my gosh ! yes, i also have dizzy spells from time to time...

Hi Christy, FYI, my gynae also gave me ivy leaf cough syrup too and its safe for infant and adults..she told me is a very mild version of cough syrup..maybe u can get this from GP or guardian.

Hi life is beautiful (beautifulmom),

Ya..i see TCM even before i was pregnant. So still see the doctor till now.

I also have rashes at my stomach, it broke out sometime after i applied the palmer's stretch mark cream as i am alledgy to it...now my stomach is full of dot rashes and it just get worst everyday! Now it become in patches! Its VERY VERY ITCHY and its really depressing! My tummy look so ugly now with all kind of rashes and marking! Haiz...I really hate myself for apply tat stupid stretch mark cream. now then out so UGLY! i can't wait to see my gynae next week...see what she can do to help me.

Now try to "tahan" and ease the itch with calamine lotion! Maybe you can try to use cool water on itchy eczema..it will ease the itch a while. I have eczema too before my pregnanacy..so i understand how agony it is! Do put on moisturizer. Hope our skin problems will be cured soon.

chil: couldnt resist and went to Bugis BHG before coming to work. And end up spending $$$. Bought the 1st Year's polka dot swaddle too. Its so cute, but i didnt see it with the cold pack promotion.

Best buy would be the Yellow/Blue Sleeve top, pants and cap, 2 sets at $6.

Bought other essentials like teats, teats brush, cooling plaster and washcloth. Oh, and a set of mitten,botties,cap.

$60 less in my pocket. Heee

qiuen> can post a pic of the swaddle if not too troublesome? i also went bugis BHG, but i dun recall seeing it

ann/ suzie> i'm also super tired. slp at least 10 hrs a night but still not enough. i wonder if third tri will be worse

keng keng> how come u need to do c-sec?

Christy, take care! think the ivy leaf extract is Prospan. I took it when I was down with cough some months back. It's safe for preggies.

Suzie, try sofy - those for heavy nights. Way more comfy compared to the normal maternity pads.

Oh yes, for mummies doing their shopping, can also stock up on disposable undies.

hi all, feeling so sleepy now after lunch, hahaa!! piles of work to do but feeling lazy...

RE: 3rd trim

mmm, it will be worse actually, :p

white_african_flower, u oso with Dr Sim? chilpadi and I are seeing Dr Sim too!

Shymz, ya! It is Prospan! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Disposable undies - get the woven ones in maternity size. The cheap paper ones get worn easily.

Yesyes, it is Prospan, i also cant rem the name at one instant. Think i can share with my kids if i have a cough, but as i told christy in fb, my gynae prescribe the cough syrup called expectorant (beanamine) syrup, quite good too cos tat time i was having very bad cough, this cough syrup works well on easing my cough.

JJ> Oh dear getting worse in 3rd trimester?? I notice that today I am starting to get nause again le.. aiyo dun tell me 3rd trimester gearing up liao..

Oh will write down the name Prospan (ivy leaf extract) will let my gyne know abt it... and also the expectorant (beanamine).

Feel very bad sia... cough + sore throat + ear durms pain than now sleepy and suddenly nause

christy, congrats! i saw that contest too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pad. if u going for c-sec, just stock norm pad will do. cos the gynae will suck them clean b4 sew it up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i end up stock too much for #1

qiuen & Mel. the one i bot is near the lift area i think. big pokka dots (red/ orange) in white bg. it come with a polar bear cold pack which look more like a sponge at first glance. $19.

pigeon baby clothes detergent. realised the bhg selling the cheapest among all, $5+ per pack. outside is $6+. but i will wait for taka bb fair cos i got voucher..

Chil, Mel: Oh i didnt see that promo, but think we bought the same design for the swaddle. Mine is $22.90 (after 20% is $18.30). Yours is a better deal. Bobian liao. hee

Oh, i didnt buy the clothes detergent, maybe tomorrow. Must slowly slowly buy and smuggle home. If not later, hub faintz. haha

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5143444.jpg]

oh yes, is this one i bot! cute right [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] it say 0+ mths onwards. i not sure whether bb 6+ mths can use or not. cos swaddle me has S - L size.

qiuen, hard to say. the cold pack is a white elephant if your kids hate it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] $19 is nett price. so, yrs is 70cents cheaper!

Back