(2011/06) June 2011

hello mummies

this morning while hubby is filing my cvs report he realise in the report wrote "female foetus", called the clinic & confirmed I'm having a baby girl! I won't want to confirm this till the scan say so

suzie duck,

my clinic did tell me the results will be out in 3 working days and will call up when results are out. gave me thumbs up over the phone and collected the reports the next time i visit the gynae. guess different clinics may have different practices. dun worry too much =)

Hmm i stay in amk central area. Mabbe i should join the amk hub pre natal class too. is it a weekday or weekend class? i saw another mummies blog and realise there's a weekday one at 5:45pm which my hubby and i cant make it after work at all.

chillipadi, same thing i once dreamt about blood all underneath and i was blanking out when i saw that. it was great to wake up knowing it's a dream.

JJ : hahahaha .. ur hd really unlucky .. but is Worth la .. heheheh

my hd is lucky that i didnt bite him hahahah

btw i try to search at fb .. dont hv wor

Hi mummies, I was away from the thread for quite a while, cos having very bad morning sickness. Glad that all is over, currently in week 15. During my 1st trimester scan, doc said bb likely to be a gal. =) However, I have not decided on which hospital to deliver. Still considering Mt A or Gleneagles.

Wanna ask mummies here, when can I feel the baby movement? I am very worried, cos I jus came back from overseas, walked alot during the trip, nt sure whether baby is okie anot. Will only be seeing the gynae next fri. Pray that everything is okie.

Does anyone has the checklist on things to buy for mom to be? Care to share? Thanks.

chillipadi- my consolation is that as long as the hosp didn't call me everything is fine.

quien- i read online that we're not supposed to eat canned tuna often also.

apparently i've lost my appetite for today but i feel like munching on things. such conflict!

i realise that there are so many things to book and buy. i just met my agent and asked about infant insurance. o_O then i have to find a CL and then maybe infant care centre but my pregnancy brain justs wants to stone and be blur.

is anybody getting pregnancy brains? i haven't experienced any forgotfullness yet but my reactions have certainly been slow. like my brain knows what it wants to say but my mouth just cannot find the right words.

qiuen, try not to take too much of tuna cos fishes llike mackeral (can found in otah, saba), tuna, stingray, shark fin , etc contain high mercury.

JJ - thank you! I just told hubby to be prudent in buying clothes cos I know he can go very crazy buying all the pink dresses hahahaha

winniepooh, mine is the other way round, i'm the one crazy on getting clothings and stuffs for my gal, dh already given up on me longgggggggggg time ago ahhaha! So if this one is a boy, he will have sigh of relief, if not he think his wifey will go another round of crazy shopping for the 2nd gal hahaha!

suzie duck,

wha can I quote this, this is so apt "..... but my pregnancy brain justs wants to stone and be blur" =)

i was recently telling my friend how i find myself walking round the whole house and forgeting what i wanna get at which part of the house? walked from MBR to Kitchen, forgot, roam to living room, another room, remembered, then head back to kitchen again. bb wants me to exercise =S

chilli_padi: my pea brain not working well either. Most of the things i tell hub today is actually what i wanted to tell him yesterday. haaha.

JJ - he just told me go fox baby this weekend cos they having sale now! I say no.... way to early to buy anything now! I'm only turning 15 weeks this Sat

oops, been eating otah lately and even craving for sharkfin.. gotta avoid now...

qiuen, please add me in on the list. thks!

EDD:28 Jun

Gynae:Dr A L Lim

Hosp: TMC

bb#1

hmm talking about insurance, my hubby and i are switching our insurance plan to aviva as it states that if both parents are under aviva, the baby automatically get the same coverage insurance as the parents for free.

my brain has also slow down quite a lot too =( slow reflexes these days and sleepy easily definitely

oh victoria, my pea brain thought i wrote this but i dun think i have.. i used to have constipation in the beginning.. drank a lot of fruit juice. gynae gave clearance to this off the shelf product i used in the past called Fybrogel. it's not laxative, mostly fibre. u can ask ur gynae about it to help poo poo.. =)

Hi mummies,

I have the following preloved items for sale as I am relocating soon. Pls PM me for more details, thanks!

1. Baby Plus - Used for 6 mths, in very new condition, comes with unused carrying pouch.

Am throwing in 4 energizer rechargeable batteries and charger worth about $30.

Prenatal education system that uses 16 different sounds resembling mummy's heartbeat, baby starts differentiating sounds in womb.

http://www.babyplus.com/

2. Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor - Used only for a few times (sound only, no image)

Eunice, sorry to hear about ur loss. tk care! Have faith, next one will be fine!

apparently i told my sis i was enjoying saba at my wkplace she also ask me not to eat that... cannot meh? it's not big fish mah wont high mercury right.. i confuse..

I have finally book apptm with Dr douglas ong,. hope he's good. switching gynae just becos i dun want to deliver in MT E i hope it's a good choice if not hb gonna nag at me.

C-sect, my hb was allowed to go in with me leh. mayb it's 8+ after office hr not so strict & my gynae was very nice. hb tk pic & video thru out except my stomach area so gross mah & disturb dr.. accidentally did tk 1 pic, oh my god, scary lah. he also cut bb's cord but he blur forgot to film himself cutting it haha. I seriously hope this bb can natural birth, i think it's really a mother's experience.. c sect is go thru the pain aft that but i think it's not as memorable.

MT E delivery suite was very nice really like hotel room, i think better than Mt A which i visited in 2009. but i still thinking of switch MT A 4 bedded cheaper and the ward is more cosy. MT E ward is very packed... I hope Mt A is even better now.. Any one went hospital tour got freebies? last time i went MT A got a silver color photo frame for bb first 12mths, it's very nice.

Hello mummies,

This afternoon went for my appt, my hands suffered cos the nurse poked my 4 times jus to get 3 tubes of blood..I was soo stress on the spot -_-"" Now my hand is hving blue black [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].. Gyane cmf with me that 80% i will b having a boy .. so my boy will hv a new playmate nx year ;)... Plus i gain 2 mre kg less than a month...

JuniorRain,

I oso hv backaches, gyane ask me to do stretching exercise..hope its will help.

Chil

Take care n drink mre water..Rest well too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2ww,

I oso heard that Mt A is good too as the place is mre quiet compare to TMC but my 1st i chosed TMC is bcos i think MT A is nt convienence if ppl who r taking public tpt like visiting.. but TMC hv another prob, is parking .. my hubby dun like..

Syrah,

yr BBs wishing u Merry Xmas n wanted to share the joy with u n hubby.. so sweet..Cute!!

eunice,

Hugz..do take care n rest well..

Chillipadi,

wow yr hubby is getting ready for bb's name.. act i also hv to name in mind even for gal or boy... now gyane cmf tt higher chance is a boy.. i might use the name i wanted to...

Qiuen,

Sometime i tap tap or sneeze, i can feel the bb movement too.. i think we disturb them by the movement :p

Winniepooh,

Congrats to knw the bb gender... Gal stuffs r really sweet cute n nice, i alway tempted to buy for my niece...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bless, mine is from malaysia n recommended by mummies here.. I hope she is good too...

Vic, great we can share how bb is doing on the same day...

Mummies, for last 15 weeks I no vomit, today is the ultimate. Threw up suddenly at a restaurant. I got standby plastic bag so phew no mess but it was awful and unexpected !!!

eunice, do take good care... God bless you & family..

My hubby had signed up for the cordlife talk on 8th Jan, wondering if the abbott one will be good. we r considering to go or not..

Btw, Mrs Wong in TMC and AMK hub is the same person.. I called up TMC to confirm that day already=))

2ww, you just have to check out the hospital's website, MT A Maternity Tours

2.30pm (Mon-Fri)

10am & 12nn (Sat)

Pre-registration required 6347 6788

createjoy> You change gyne liao ah.. hahaha now got 3 mums here with Dr Douglas Ong.

Regarding the MT A tour hor... if you quite confirm to deliver at MT A and going for their pre-natal class than you no need go for the hospital tour.

This is because during the pre-natal class they will bring you for the tour as well. So no need to go 2 times.

Regarding on cordlife and stemcord talk I dun know which one to go to... I personally prefer the cordlife.

18th June 2011. Not too early to start hunting right? we're looking at agency since we dun have any reliable source from others.

Am looking at GPLS and i-Kare. any comments?

Do i have to contact bliss agency or straight to CL? thanks alot!!

mummies - better start looking for CL now, I'm the super kiasu type & have confirm & paid deposit when I was only 7 weeks. I dun quite trust agency so went to ask some friends for recommendation

re: cord blood banking

I'm not sure whether to store mine with public cord blood bank or pte one, still got quite sometime for me to think & discuss with hubby.

qiuen - my cvs report shows my EDD has changed to 25 June, pls help update. thanks

i've been looking at the recommended CL here but i have a feeling by the time i call them they would have been booked. i want to confirm all these things after my next check in 2 weeks.

does anyone knows what happens if you have a premie and your CL can't make it?

i agreed w winnie pooh, CL, esp gd one must really give them a call now to book them. pay deposit if possible.

winniepohh, yr new edd will be same as mine! which hosp u delivering? maybe can be my roommate [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

suzieduck, u better call n bk the CL if you already confirm which CL u wan. accroding to my aunt, who is a CL herself. so far they are fine to take care of premie. but they might be engage with another confinement. normally their practice is to hv alternate booking. so either early / later they still can make it. if you think u might hv a premie *touch wood then u should prealert yr CL. so she wont book anyone to close to yr edd.

my CL aunty is gd, we had great experience w her during my #1. But she kena booked by her own son whose expecting their 1st born in next year June too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so my search for CL is on too..

chil - wanna deliver at Mt A provided my gynae agree. I think I can be ur ward mate cos my hubby wan me to book 1 bedder so that he can be my companion at nite

Back