(2011/05) May 2011

sunflower: No lah, not ur fault at all. My hb always try to find fault one. Even if I nv buy he will also say I keep buying from gmarket. =)

Now I really felt like going back to my bb time then I can just slp and play, no need to think or worry abt anything.

jen: i tink yr hb is way too much liao. cannot neglect family jus cos he's working. also must hv limit one mah. for just $100, got to slave? no way!!!

wat's yr hubby working as? see if there's other opening tat pays better and shorter hours or lesser workload?

i like qin's idea.. hee.. jus throw to daddy and let him gao dim! *evil grin*

hmmm... my bro also keeps telling me he wan to buy car.. but look at the price! isn't it insane to pay such high price? actually taking cab is soooo much more economical. of cos, there's the waiting but still beats having to pay thru' the nose mah. i also dunno how men thinks. they can spend thousands on car without batting their eyes yet grumble when we spend little on shopping. *eyes rolling*

Eve: Yes, just now I look at jobsdb with the same post and even lesser job scope, he can get $2500 with o levels cert and my hb got diploma. I think its nuts to have a diploma, many yrs of experience + work till siao to get less than $2500!

My bro also keep saying he wants a car, but he cun even afford a tyre like my hb. LOL. My hb better lah, he got spare tyre foc which he carry with him everyday, no need to pay.

How long has he been with the company? Mayb its time for a switch. The only way to get a good increment is to job hop. Can nvr expect existing co to give a good pay rise...

yah, agree with sunflower... nowadays, dun expect any loyalty and reciprocate. job hop is the only way to get good pay rise.

do search around the market now cos if it drags on, your hb may be reluctant to forgo the bonus liao.

even new diploma graduate with 2-3 yrs exp is getting $2500 or more.

sunflower/eve: My hb worked there abt 1.5 yrs now. He says its not the right time to change, must have more experience but if work longer then u will be older no co will hire u rite?

I also agree the co or boss doesn't appreciate ur hard work. Now I trying to use ji jiang fa to make him look for new job.

Jenny, but i tink men are like tat. I had to drill n drill my hb until he really tinks its time to move on n change co. He was in tt co for abt 2yrs. And same, he also said too short tenor.. muz stay longer so tt CV looks nicer etc. Staying longer = more increment = confirm promotion is no longer applicable. N a real fact is, the company will not collapse bcos of one person resigning.

sunflower: How u pyscho ur hb, must teach me so that I can try.

Qin: Last time I told my mum abt the same thing abt my dad, no money to buy car but carry spare tyre on him daily, now I also same same =(

Hi all,

Am looking for a childcare centre (in preparation for my daughter 18mths end of the yr), heard that YMCA Metropolitan and YWCA is not too bad, anyone knows about it?

Thanks...

Jen: it's difficult not to feel frustrated when our partner is not there for us when we need them.

The way he works dont sound healthy... Is he really working? If so, he may suffers a burnout over time..No harm keeping a lookout for other options...remind him baby needs him too. Computer games can wait but baby grows up in a flash n this is the time to bond and shape their behaviours.. Try ask how he thinks he could spend more time with family n also build bond with baby. When kids are so young they need both quantity n quality time.

Jenny, haa...i juz keep 'nagging' at him everyday. tell him u work so long n late hours n no career prospect, wan to stay there for how long? nid to tink for family etc ma (in terms of $ and time). he was dealing with projects.. and the projects are nvr ending... seems like de boss always tk advantage of him.. not his work stuff also ask him to help. machiam superman. phone calls also endless.. his collg also one by one leaving cos the co was short handed n de boss din seem to be doing much effort in hiring. So mayb also under peer pressure lah... one day he decided to send out his CV. lucky wen his 2colleagues tender, the new co also offer him a position, so he resign as well. Its been a year le, ex company still surviving without the 3 of them lor.

oh, and he left wen the period where it was super busy busy n critical stage of the project. He was a little worried of tendering at tt time.. still kinda hesitant, mayb cos also have 感情 after staying there for 2yrs? But after tinking thru everythg, he still decided to leave lor.. Although now, he still works late n also work from home, on n off also hav to entertain clients, but he spends quite a bit of family time w bb. And bb is always happy with him. So now once in awhile, i will suan him "how? still wan to go back to yr ex company n work or not? got regret changing co?" Lucky he's happy at his current plc, so not too bad lah. Else mayb i'll get blame instead. Ha!

jen, sunflower: same as my hb! super loyal to the co.. also very reluctant to change job unless REALLY REALLY REALLY very tulan with the co den leave. wat for, rite? i told him watever 感情 is all fake. no one is indispensable and why subject himself to abuse when there are options out there.

That's what I'm worried about, if he leaves and get a lousy job we all will suffer. And actually yrs ago he got yin ying liao. He joined a co then 3 mths later the lady on ML came back to work and the boss dun wanna confirm him, he kept asking and the lady boss says the letter is waiting for signature. Then suddenly one mth later when the lady is more stable liao the boss just email him and ask him to leave the co.

That time is me who ask him to leave the previous co coz his co only giving him $1600 after working for 2 yrs. Then bo bian ask him to thick face ask back for his old job coz they still looking for staff and we just got our flat and need to pay for HDB loan and buy stuff for our house.

Actually my hb is quite unlucky in finding jobs. All his friends already high post, high salary, drive cars but he's still earning so little, work so much! He even went for an interview and state he wanted a more stable job coz his ex co is starting to retrench pple liao then he write expected salary is $100 more and the interviewer says if u wan stable job u cannot ask for any cent more. So if like that might as well ask for $100 salary rite?

His current job and workload definitely he should get more than $2500. If he's getting $3000 then he work like that of coz I'll diam diam and not say anything, but now he's earning shitty salary and doing shitty jobs. That's why I'm so angry.

I also told him many times that our boy only have a very short period of being a baby, should spend more time with him coz he will grow up very fast, but no matter what I say, he will only shoot back and say if I dun work, how to give u all money, how to support the family.

Jenny, how come de co lidat? to ask for $100 more for expected salary is actually quite low lei. they cant even offer tt?

re yr last sentence.. i also hear it from my hb! haha. bcos he is de sole breadwinner now, anythg he say, he win lor. its a fact tat $ all comes from him. Guess its juz a men's thing lah... mayb the only way to spend more time w bb is during wkends lor. Dun stay at home on wkends... make sure u go out every week tgt as family. it will be harder to "work" if you're outside, so naturally u will spend time w bb...

Jen: if a co can say such thing, den surely cannot work for them one! Some companies are really blood suckers!

One reason I can't b sahm cos I need my financial freedom. I dun like to be at hubby's mercy and feel dependent. No sense of security for myself.

Yes yes, the co even called my hb's co and asked and at that time he still haven't quit so can u imagine the super big issue? And worse is my hb on mc that day! In the end the co wanna offer him but my hb says dun wan liao.

Anyway dun talk abt unhappy stuff. Recently my bb started to climb on my tummy and thinks my tummy is a ladder. I rem littlefly's bb also does it. So funny but painful. Haha.

mummies, any idea how long it will take to transition from 3 hr playgroup then half day CC to full day CC huh? Change after every term? How long is each term? Thinking to send my boy to playgroup then CC when he turns 18mo, do u think i shld start looking now? TIA!!

mimosa,

since ur mil is still takin care of bb a, i tink is gd for him to go playgroup first b4 he go cc for him to adapt.& still have some time spent wif grandparents.

basically even in full day cc, below n1, there is not really much studying. everyday go there is play, learn nursery rhymes, mb will teach them to recognise alphabet/numbers/shapes, art&craft etc. for d full day 1, they basically learn to be more independent like learnin to feed themselves, wear shoes, take off clothes etc

n1 (theorectically 3 yrs old) onwards for my son cc...they still dont really emphasize greatly on academic but more of still character building learn thru play. now tat he is in n2 then really start more studyin like phonics etc.

i do know some cc emphasize more on academics so will start d curriculum fr n1 onwards. but is still d basics of alphabets, number, shapes, smell etc. so really depends on what u want when u find a cc.

now tat i m switchin cc again next yr as i m shiftin hse, i m already lookin for cc for 2013 intake. sad tat wdl have alot of ccs but none r next block to my hse. price range is also a concern. i went to visit last wk and got to know there 2 cc i m interested in is already on waiting list. some r not open for intake yet

Vicki: oh, thx for e info [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya, i also thinking to let him adapt first, do you how long is 1 term huh? MIL said will go bk after we get our new house (early 2013) so i wanna how long it will take for transition... and when shld i start looking for 1?

morning mummies!!

cc: wah... really super kiasu leh.. waiting list already for 2013 intake?? tsk tsk...

can i chk is it only k1, k2 are compulsory? the earlier preschool are optional?

Jenny: she said tat la... but not sure if she will change her mind wanna stay longer or shorter... better she goes bk la, less conflict :p but she wanna stay i also cant chase her right... Or it is better for bb to let grandparent to take care? so dilemma...

Mimosa,playgroup I m not sure but my son cc,so far they don't have a standard curriculum but is sort of split into 4 quarter.holiday is something like d pri sch holiday.so they have like a 1 wk break in betn.cos they have curriculum with theme each quarter like learning body,family,transportation etc. No worries for transition period below n2.

Eve,k1 onwards then compulsory.juz tat if u were to start them fr k1 onwards,u have to b hardworking teach them on your own cos when they rch k1,teachers don't go 1-1 n expect they know how to hold pencil n write n mb even know a-z. Sadly d education in sg is too competitive now unlike our time. + too many kiasu parent so make it worst.

Eve: 4 yr old nursery is compulsary now. =( I always tell my bb he will be very poor thing, 4 yo nursery. 5-6 kindergarden, 7-12 pri sch, 13-16 sec sch, after that go poly or jc, after that go ns, after that work for the rest of his life. Cannot enjoy life!

Mimosa: So nice of u to want to stay with her if she wants! I told my hb that if my mil wants to stay with us, I'll divorce him immediately! This is very serious, no joking abt it!

Y dun u ask ur mum to help look after ur bb? And u're not intending to stop at 1 rite? What happens when u want another one? Alot of stuff to consider!

My hb is a traditional guy n if can,grandparent take care is d best but me find tat kids who r taken care by grandparent r spoilt rotten.but if can I would actually prefer to have a bal to put in playgroup so they get to learn stuffs n also able to spend time with grandparent. I only had 1 interaction with grandma n don't really c her often whereas my hb is brought up by grandparent so he is quite filial in a way. U get 1-1 care n don't have to feel worry when at work whereas cc,once sick have to bring Hm.

Vicki: oh.. i heard my mil said sometimes she will scold him le, hopefully wont be too spoiled.. my hb also v traditional where he prefers to be taken by own ppl. but i feel stressful staying with her leh :p if bb sick then bo bian got take leave loh...

Jenny: not i nice la, cos i am not e one take care of bb mah, she is helping us, so how can i chase her out? actually even if she is not taking care of my bb also cant chase her out leh... me and my hb quite tradictional :p

i also wish my mum can take care for me, but she always nid to go china, cos my dad mostly will be there... and she already spent her whole life taking care of 3 siblings of mine plus me, 4 kids, so better let her rest la [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, did not expect thread to be up today cuz saw FB quite happening.

Luqi: baby A needs to be 18m before he can go playgroup.my #1 went playgroup when he was 2yo.2 hrs type.transit to half day cc when he was 2.5yo.started full day this year,at 32mth old.I think he has transited very well,which I'm very happy too.now planning to put #2 in the same cc when she is 18mths old so that I can go out and work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hopefully all will be fine.but in the mean time, u may want to bring baby A to weekend classes to let him get used to school too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hb: my hb doesn't gives me money.but he still grumbles when I buy things for my kids!I seriously have been buying a lot for them and he's jealous because none for him!before I have kids, I always buy clothes for him,not anymore now...

Jenny: my hb is like your hb.nv care about the son at all.but your hb is gd,at leas he is engrossed with his work.my hb is obsessed with his iPhone!he is playing this game called SIMs I think.and he will exclaimed excitedly that someone has given birth in the game, or someone has pooed! -_-""""

Jenny: ok to be hardworking but also must spent time with e family ah.. ask ur hb dun use money as excuse loh... if he work less OT, he will still get e same amt of $ right? not as if he work more then will have more $! Family time is imp too! What shld be e priority? what is e ultimate goal of working hard? it is to support e family ya? if family bonding is not there, everything also no use...

Jmummy: opps, u mention my real name in forum, hahaha.... 32mo means 2 yo + 8 mo? so took abt 8 month to trasist?

LOL on ur description of ur hb!

Mimosa: oops..I did not realize it.so sorry. Yes..he took about 8mths. If u are looking for cc,u should start now.some very well known cc are already on wait list! If for playgroup, registration usually starts in June. But u may want to keep a lookout now too.just in case you missed the enrollment! Singaporean mummies are very kiasu.and me included!lol..

BB must be very tired today.been sleeping since 12nn.poor girl, did not have a gd sleep since sat!

On a side note, last night i asked #1 if I can stay with him when he grows up. He says mummy sleep with him.I asked what about papa? And he said papa goes to infant!I totally burs out laughing lor.told hb he doesn't know what is old folks home and he suggested a kids version for him instead.that's his retribution for always playing with his iPhone! I'm secretly n openly pleased with my boy's remarks.lol..

Vicki n Jmummy: there is one CC called cheris heart or sth opp my new house, u think good?

Jmummy: oh... poor baby... usually will feel v tired when sick hor... hope she gets well soon!!

haha... ur boy so cute loh, he really dun like his dad hor? haha...

Mimosa: U nv say let ur mil rest. LOL. Why dun u fetch ur dad over too? All ur siblings are in sg now?

jmummy: WAit a min, u're not working n ur hb doesn't give u money? Then how u going to live on?

LOL. My hb is also possessed with games. Actually me too. But as a mummy I have to ctrl myself better.

Mimosa: My hb's OT pay is like peanuts! He gets $20 for min 2 hours OT during weekdays and $20 for min 4 hours of OT. Sometimes he work whole day on Sat n sun and he gets only $20 a day. I always complain and say even bangla also dun wan to go back to work 4 hours for $20 during weekends!

Now that u all mention abt taking care of bb, my hb was telling me to look for a job then I say who take care of bb. If nanny is $600 then who pay. He say half half. Then I say like that u also need to fork out $300, which is more than the $150 u're currently giving me. Then he says household we share share I say fat hope. And he says if I work we can buy a car. Then I told him u think I so stupid to share the cost of the car with u to drive urself to work then maybe with other woman.

Jenny: haha... tat is a good excuse! later she said she not tired then stuck... :p My dad will come bk here too, but he prefer HK and SZ, more happening and more frens there, hahaha.... only me and one of my bro here, my sis in aussi, my youngest bro just went to HK to look for job, all scatter ard, haha...

Jmummy: u work for you fil right? he pays u?

Jenny: wah, ur hb OT pay really little leh... ask him to try send his CV out and see la, now harm mah...

wah, ur hb rather throw bb to nanny (a stranger), so that u can work and he can get car? =.= y not ask him to get a higher pay job instead?

Mummies: do u feel u changed after you got preg and delivered? i feel tat i become less happy, difficult to feel happy too, and constantly worrying, i used to be very cheerful and optimistic, even my col also feel i changed alot... And i cant slp even i slp in a diff room as baby... everyday feel very tired.. haix... u all think i shld see doc?

mimosa: is okay. first time mum some are like that. when i with my elder last time also like you but as time pass adapt le get use le. try to relaz ok

Mimosa: He dun dare to propose ask his mum to take care. Coz I tell him even if I die also cannot let her take care. I say my spirit will come back to take care of bb.

Wow ur whole family really scattered around. I am thinking why not have another bb soon then ask ur parents to help out for like 2 yrs, after that when they can go to childcare then ur parents can go and travel around again?

My hb, aiyah, talk to him again and he still insist on staying. Told him all I can le, he keep saying I think till so simple, wat if the new job no good, then he shoot me and say if I working he dun mind changing but I"m not working and he's the sole breadwinner so cannot change.

I used to be naive and thinks very simple before I got pregnant, not coz pregnancy changed me but its an incident involving my sil that changed me totally. I become a sad, worrying person now. Last time I always think if u dun harm someone, they wun do it to u too unless if it involves work but what she done totally change my thinking. I now know that even if u bochup abt others, u will also kanna. And this is when I totally understood what one of my good friends told and warn me before that I am too naive, when one day someone backstab me I dun even no how I die. That time I dun understand her and I was offended. Only after my sil incident then I knew why my friend warned me, she knew I was naive and bochup but pple might not think the same.

I think its more of issues happenings that made us change, not coz of pregnancy or coz of our bbs. U prob dun need to c a doc, I think if ur mil leaves u will feel better. LOL.

Mimosa: my #1 goes to Cherie hearts too!but I think diff centre diff ley.so far I'm still quite ok with my boy's school.anyway,for playgroup usually is play la.as they progress then more emphasis is put on academic. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and ya.i seriously burst out laughing lor.n my girl laughed with me too.hahah..

Jenny:Hb doesn't give me money at all!and I seriously money not enough lor.that's y have to go out and work.i like to bring them for enrichments,buy lots of new clothes n buy tonnes of insurance!high expenses lor... But ya,I work for my fil.but work little bit,get little bit money lor.not enough for me to spend!but fil is very nice la.he tries to help out whenever he can.but mil very stingy.not so nice to let her know fil is always helping.she will grumble!

Allowance: Jenny,$150 very little ley..not enough for me lor!i cannot buy any things!that's why I have to go work...haizzz..and your hb ot very little ley..my fil company, bangala work ot also have more than him.though not a lot more.hehe..but I think ur hb don't want change job also got his reasons la.i think he got yin ying alrdy..

Mimosa:I got the same thinking as you ley..is this post natal depression?but after my #1,I still happy de.just that with #2 I cried a lot more.due to many issues!money,preference of #1 over #2, not supportive hb, mil issues, work stress and a lot more..haiz..but thankful for all the Facebook mummies.talk to them.seriously will feel a lot happier!

jmummy: Precisely lor! Who would work at least 4 hours to get $20 rite? And my hb so silly, he says he wan to buy a car so that he can work on weekends to earn the $20!!! Not even enough to cover the petrol lor! Currently his co got bus transport to work, so even if got car also cannot claim mileage. But when he goes to meeting then can, but he goes for meeting like once or twice a mth. Then he told me if buy car he can drive himself home and claim mileage! I really dunno how he pass his maths in sch leh. And fiy, he can claim taxi fare for his OT and meetings!

Jenny: sorry.but I think ur hb just wants to own a car la.perhaps for convenience?or so that he have more "reasons" to visit your mil!heheh..

Anyway,I'm very angryx 1848736263849363 times! When I was typing my last post,bb girl was alrdy asleep.then this father n son dual had to fight!son doesn't want papa to type,n papa insists on tapping him to sleep.and this results in son screaming n shouting just beside the mei mei!totally angry.in about 10mins time,mei mei was woken by the noise as expected. And....she started screaming n crying for an hour in her alrdy hoarse voice!makes me shout at the top of my voice too!very angry with them lor.

Mimosa: rem u mentioned my description about my hb was funny.when my hb came back from work,as usual using his phone,den suddenly he went to the son and showed him the phone and say " see the lady bathing for his son". I totally lol him lor.told him what I type in the forum n told him what u day.and he can reply he where have play when he was just showing the son the game! -.-""

My hb tell me his collegue say around his work place there a remour circulating say that my hb take leave is to accompany mistress and not his family.

They want to sabo my hb also find good reason ma. Rest day he is either sleeping in room or watching YouTube . He is always going out with me and 2 kids or at home chit chat with his mum where got time find mistress outside. The ppl at his work area crazy lol

morning mummies!

jen: makes no sense to get a car loh... but men! say sooo many thousand times also doesn't get into their heads one. sigh...

i also won't let my mil take care of my bb as much as i can help it. going back on jb already got so many silly comments, dunno wat will my bb becomes if he stays around her. sure pick up bad habits too.

jmummy: how come you dun ask yr hubby for allowance? how can dun give you $$ one? i sure object loh.

i tink yr hubby and son more like big big brother bully little brother. LOL...

mimosa: i tink i also change after having bb. i used to be much gentler and accommodating with hubby but now, all my patience goes to bb and very short tempered towards my hubby liao. i used to be outgoing too but bb now strapes me at home. My fren told me i am more ci xiang look liao. heee...

qin: who so bo liao spread such rumour? this is horrible, trying to break up ppl's family.

Mummies, my bb now can flip in the yaolan. But he doesn't know how to flip back! How to stop this? He's even trying to flip in the middle of the nite!

Qin: Aiyo y ur hb's colleagues like that?

jmummy: LOL! I think it does makes sense, my hb really wants car to visit his mum and to bring my bb over for sure! But I already told him my bb is not going over and me too!

OMG! Why ur hb like that? I think if I'm u, I'll kill him!

Eve: Actually I always wanted a car, but now after I have a bb my thinking has changed. I rather use the money to buy toys for bb. IF we have a car, then we totally no money to do or buy anything else. And then we have to go out for the sake of owning a car, coz cannot be park car in carpark and dun go out rite? I was telling my hb if really want a car wait for bb to grow up and he wants to go out every week then say. For now most of the time we are at home, no point having a car. Then he says can bring bb out but I dun wan coz very troublesome!

jen: bb will flip back sooner or later. he's strengthening his back muscle, let him flip! jus watch out.

my hb bought car also for the sake of my mil. tat was when we are couple. den later my mil cursed me during pregnancy and so he changed to tis car to accommodate her. everything is his mother. so whenever he say no money do tis and tat, i'll tell him we can survive on single income, all he has to do is to sell his car cos tat's his ONLY SINGLE BIGGEST expense. den he diam diam. =>

he bought car seat for bb also cos of my mil. he told his fren he needed it in case i go on strike!

afternoon mummies

Jenny: same wif jmummy think ur hb just wants to own a car la. so he have more "reasons" to visit your mil..

mimosa: i think i also change after having bb. all my patience goes to bb and very short tempered towards my hubby.

Back