(2011/05) May 2011

Wow so many posts today! I did the blending yest nite, cun wait le coz if not tonight I got no porridge to cook.

Eve: Coz I using tiger porridge maker. I dunno if it will cook till the rice grains break down anot, so must blend it finer.

Wow ur boy finally has teeth!!! But beware hor, dun let him bite u coz its extremely painful. My friend told me cannot let bb have the habit of biting if not next time when grow up also like to bite pple. So dun allow him to bite anymore!

Mickey: Same as my hb. Say many yrs le, actually last time coe $1 I ask him to buy he die also dun wan to buy, good lah. Now $1 u cun even buy the deco in the car!

Cab: I try my best not to take cab coz cab co and drivers are blood suckers! They keep increasing the price and rejecting passangers coz they earn too much and on weekend evenings, they drive their family out for dinner instead of working and take the cab as their personal car!

Little Fly: THat would not work for my hb, he might prob vomit. LOL. I'm more of the fierce type. He always say I order him around when I just give him a gentle reminder!

QIN: GOOD CHANCE!!! Buy the area ur mil hates and dun let him move in! Use this chance to get rid of her!!!

yes, agree, car is definitely a liability. so what we do is.. if its long journey, we'll normally take cab, afraid that kids will fuss in mrt. if its short journey, we feel its kinda managable, so will try to take mrt/bus if possible. but yes, the waiting process really pissed me off. the more u need a cab, the longer u will hv to wait! but what to do, the coe is really very scary now... so we can only continue to say another "many years"... lol

qin: can't apply new flat with u and hb? den mil can also keep her own flat.

jmummy: human pacifier! hahhahaa... is true bb get so used to it. diff to wean them. i remember polyclinic do conduct a 1-2hr workshop on weaning babies. mayb can call and enquire?

training bb to sleep on his own takes some time. will figet and diff in the beginning. hv patience, ya.

mickey: go malacca or desaru? i enjoy my times in these 2 places than genting. i find genting way tooo crowded and is no longer cooling up there.

jen: gd advise. will keep tat in mind. actually, i hv the habit of letting bb bite my finger. quite kind of enjoy it. hee...

Mickey: I agree with u. Public transport is out of hand. Imagine that time the mrt spoil, what if bb is inside, sure scream till crazy! My house here also funny, when u dun wan cab, there's a lot of cabs but when u wan one, there's none. And I find taking bus to jurong point is faster than taking cab. So I always walk to the bus stop if I wan to take cab coz bus will sure come first then I can save money.

jen: tats y i always must hv the handheld fan and milk in the diaper bag when i take train with bb cos we never know when it'll break down again.

i was in the train tat got stuck in the tunnel for so long and in the end, has to walk out of the tunnel to the station. was very bad. lights out. no aircon. train very crowded. 2 women fainted. operator refused (and i suppose he can't due to SOP) open up the doors for ventilation. imagine the kid and bb on board. sure cannot make it.

Eve: U so unlucky to have that experience. My worse experience is only stuck in the train that cannot close door for 15-30 min. After that chase us all down then so funny, after we got down the train immediately can close door and drive away.

jen: they jus wan to chase u out lah.. hahahhahaa....

hayashi: yup yup.. now my mum so scared to take bb on train. poor old woman also dun take cab on her own cos tink cab driver will purposely drive one big round before reaching destination and collect overcharged fares.

I hate taking cabs too. I take bus everywhere.

Mommies, I'm so upset. Looks like I'll have to throw away 50 bags of frozen ebm because of the Tollyjoy recall. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

viman: stay calm... see wat's the test result is first, k.. dun throw.. really wasted.. + bb A not taking solids.. can b quite a headache now. very diluted puree?

hayashi: me too!!!!! it doesn't help tat my colleague sitting nxt to me keeps yawning away... ZZzzzz....

Eve: must withdraw name than can but must pay $ 32k to hdb branch leh. My mil say if my hub withdraw name she will sell out the house immediate . She win leh she pocket herself 100k and my hub every month work so hard to pay loan get cpf back only . My hub dun want wait move in new house suffer no money for bb edu fee and renovation.

If they b4 move in sell out he still got back half balance and cpf monies all back. Actually my in law is trying to physco my hb in withdrawing but he stay firm dun want wait suffer apply flat also not happy .

I can't do or say anything . If I say there be unhappy my inlaw and tot I greedy or think neg.

EvA,

She's rejecting very diluted purée also... Sigh. Ya I won't throw till the results come out...

Jenny,

I'm sooooo heartbroken! I had persevered for soooo long, fighting the dipping SS, to preserve all this milk for her... Really hope the lab results are favorable. How can the manufacturers of baby stuff be so careless and negligent??? Disgusting...

Hello ladies...this thread moving so fast.....

Busy with my son b'day preparation [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

How's everybody here?

Viman,

Do you know which batch of milk bag got recalled? Is it all batch or just certain batch only? Hope it won't affect yours

Mickeyboy,

go bangkok for short trip? Or Krabi?

Btw, any mommies here heard about ghost story in 1st world hotel genting?? I heard about ghost story there and make me scared to stay there anymore [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Novi... dun thk tto much when go holiday.. i nvr heard of it.. every hotel got is story.. is not so lucky to bump the spirit... more difficult then striking 4D... go there enjoy ya..

viman.. wat happen to tollyjoy?

your gal not yet take semi solid food?

My gal rather wan to take food then milk.. now i got headache trying to implenment milk to her diet...

Hayashi: Hi 5. My bb also prefer food to milk! He will be very anxious when he sees food and cannot wait. Must run to feed him once he sees his bowl! But for milk he will give me a super sian look when he sees it.

Novi: Dun worry, all hotels have ghost stories, I think.

jenny.. but at least he stil finish his milk rite?

mine is horrible.. i even have to put in her porridge.. u go out eat har.. she look at u.. open mouth big big..

when come to milk.. use a skewer to ply open her lips oso cannot...

Eva u scaring Novi.. hahahaha

Hayashi: LOL at ur ply open her lips. My boy will drink abt 4oz then stop. Then must sing to him, last time any songs also can, now must sing the 4.30pm show song. LOL. I tried to increase 15ml but he dun wan, so forever stuck at 5oz.

Today my bb also dun wan porridge. He ate little bit, maybe like less than 1/4 bowl then dun wan. Keep using his finger to poke his mouth and take out the food inside and throw at me. So disgusting! After a while he dun even wan to open mouth so I threw away the porridge and make cereal for him and he finish all.

Novi,

All the milk I have in the freezer is in the affected batch! About 50 packets. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hayashi,

Tollyjoy is recalling their milk bags because they have received complaints of contamination. They have asked to throw any milk stored in their milk bags.

Hi mommies!

Wah so many post..the recent hdb launch is giving me a headache. Aiming for SBF flats, but the one I had my eyes on are around $450.000(in Bedok, near MRT) .Their BTO prices were only 350.000! Sharp rise in just over 2 years.

But I badly want a flat and sick of paying rent. Arrgh!

But what if I apply and can;t get Q-no? Then I would have to wait for another few more months, mommies who have experience, tell me, should I just take the plunge ?

Car: Never like car becuz I'm super duper impatient person. If stuck in jam I might horn my way to be arrested. Me and hubby are both motorbike person. Which is why our son is named after the "HAyabusa" motorbike (sorry geek talk here...)

Anyway, should I stop thinking and just apply for the Sbf flats , even if the chances are horribly slim...?

Hayashi,

actually i don't know about this story..so everytime I go to Genting, i always stay in 1st world hotel genting. But after i heard this story from my friend..make me re-thinking if wanna stay in this hotel.

One of my friend, stayed in 1st world hotel genting before and when she stayed in the room alone suddenly got a girl (spirit) said she has to go out/check out now if not she will struggle her. That day, she said not only her experienced it, her uncle who stayed other room also experience the same.

Eve,

yes i also heard that. But I asked my hubby hor he said no such things. Funny, I thought not all malaysian know such story

jenny... ya ply is the word... your boy like my gal.. dig the food in their mouth and vomit out

dun wan eat esp i put milk powder in her porridge..

Eva.. u notti ar.. hahhaha

viman... oh no contaminated... wat the hell...

Is first world hotel the crazy hotel with tons of pple? I stayed there once and its crazy! Waited for room key for 5-6 hours at least. And I swear I'll nv step in Genting for the rest of my life. Waste my time on the journey when I can reach tw in lesser time!

Mummies

So happy finially my gal bottom teeth had come out...

Eve : ya i hear the story before more story about it. As i stay so many hotel everyone also have

Car: cobsider of buying.. Ya Viman, car is liability.. is true taking a cab is cheaper.. but time is oso wasted cause of the eversting waiting & nw the surcharge from the cab is much more higher

Mummyzen,

Did you see the recall notice on FB? Check the batch number ya? I wrote to them to send back an unopened pack. But the problem is still the 50 bags I have in the freezer, I don't have the heart to throw them. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Will wait for lab results, but I'm sure they will ask us to throw so they can save their asses. ARGH!!!

Jen: she just put as occupier. Coz apply with in law got better chance than with me n hb only. I try b4 with my hb apply hougang the queue like shit but apply cck with whole family the q number not bad but my hub last minute dun want cck . Luckily this mth sbf go nice unit at sengkang. This time I apply with whole family better. And can move in this oct de.

Jen yr bb really noti . My also dun want eat porridge keep digging his mouth with finger n touch my face. Fish taste on my face. Yuck lo

If I get the flat invite all of u to my new hse.

Qin: Icic, then bo bian liao. Have to live with her. Hopefully next time my bb's wife wun hate me that I will lose a son too. LOL.

I always tell my hb bb eat porridge must go along with finger.

I m sooo glad I dun hv to live with mil.. At least for now. My hb sayif one dy he dies before me, I sure won't take care of his parents for him. =\

viman: yeah i checked the batch no and mine are the affected ones. But I only have like 5 packets of BM in the freezer, which translates into 45 unused ones, going to write in and see if I can get refund. hehe

Eve: Then how u reply? If my hb say that to me I sure say fei hua!

mummyzen: Lucky u only have 5 packets of affected milk. I think viman has more coz she has to total express. If I am viman I sure go crazy!

good morning mummies, finally its friday! yeah, wkend is coming!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

novi, yes, i heard of the story of 1st world too. but u know what, normally the hotel will not open up those "special" rooms de. so some ppl say, if the hotel tell u that its full, u better dun insist that u want a room, coz they will probably give u the special one... lol

viman, i can totally feel for u. i cant imagine if someone tell me that all my frozen bm are contaminated and must throw away, i think i'll be heartbroken too. really hope that the lab result is a good one, and that u dun hv to throw them away ya. meanwhile, u better change to another brand of milkbags ar. dun cont to use that brand (or at least not that affected batch) le k? jia you jia you!

novi: ya, agree with mickey.. if hotel say room is full, dun push for it. cos it happens to my mum few times.. not genting lah.. elsewhere...

jen: i jus keep quiet loh.. cos say wat also no use wah. if i say i will, den slap myself. if i say i won't, not entirely true also. guess i'll give monthly allowance and visit them now and then or chip in medical expenses lah.. but i suppose i won't sayang them like my own parent bah. we are not close. somemore he has a brother too mah. Anyway, never say never, rite?

mickey: YES! is friday!! yeeeppeeeee....

mummies who are familiar w gmarket, may i ask... so if i have 3 same items (just diff design) to buy, say $10 each. and since i have those normal $1 discount coupon for every $10 purchase, i shd split the item and buy seperately ar? means buy 3 times? even though its the same seller?

TIA!

mickey, i tink the coupon is gd for 1 item only. i realised tat when i ordered fr gmkt yesday. best to cfm with jen.. she's the gmkt queen, i suppose.

but if i have 2 coupons, then i can buy seperately then both get $1 discount? is that so?

ok ok, i shall wait for the gmkt queen to appear later.. :p

LOL. Gmarket queen! Sorry, too occupied with checking my hcp.

Mickey: It depends how much ur item cost. If just $18 or more u can use $2, get from mastercard coupon page. U can use multi selection, then add to ur cart. After u go to ur cart, go to each item line then choose the coupon u wan to use. I got 20% coupon, u wan?

Eve: If before my mil made me angry, I'll help out when they are in need in future, but now no way lor. I'm waiting to see how u end up when u grow old! 20 yrs later I still in my 40s while she is 80, dun expect me to help out with anything given how u treat me now. I let u have ur retributions. Better pray hard that ur daughter and youngest son are good to u since u dote on them so much, dun ever expect me or my hb to help coz I wun allow my hb to help!

mickey... ya.. is 150... only 8 dollar difference from the tv advertisment.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back