(2011/05) May 2011

preciousmom, I also got sore eye but not that serious..seen GP and given eye drops + antibiotic. Today seems better. Hmm..there is no right for your boss to reject your MC if given by Dr. U just need to file MC, don't use your ML.

Morning mummies, imma on my way to work yo!

Re: baby poo

Yes, my boy don't poo unless if we hmm hmm him.. Prob is.. He is a big eater & have been drinking 130-150ml of milk(FM) every feed since 2nd mth.. Now he looks lyk 5mths old -_-!

Apple: glad that ur sore eye is better.. I can't file as mc as my HR had called me yest to use ML Liao.. Even if file as mc, I'm sure it will b rejected.. Sigh.. So I hope my redness (not pain n uncomfy) will remain till next wk so I will go take more mc.. By then I dun hv any ML left, so they hv to accept my mc.. Hehe..

Kay:gd tat ur baby is drinking well ar...

Pneumonccoal injection: any 1 Noe which mth to take e 2nd dose if I take 1st dose during his 3rd mth? Thanks

preciousmom, y your HR also tell u to use ML? That's not right u know..ask them go find out from MOM!! Extended ML is based on working days, so during the period of p.holiday and MC or whatever it has to be excluded.

preciousmom: If I were u, I will purposely go to office and work, then take off sunglasses n look at ur boss n HR straight in the eyes. U tell them u need the ML to take care of baby not for your sore eyes n u already got MC to cover. So if dun accept MC u just come everyday to work with the sore eyes n without sunglasses.

Very sian, my baby can no longer sleep through the night and he wakes up before 11.30am n cun go back to slp anymore. So I've to wake up two times to feed him and he's still crying n whining and dun let me eat my lunch n dinner or take my shower. So sad...

Oh any mummies using Pampers? I wan to know how long it can last. Yest I finally got Mamy Poko sample but guess what? The size M was too big for my baby and it leaks urine in less than 30 min. And I only got one sample, so doubt will try so hard to get another sample. The huggies ultra is really lousy! Say can last for 12 hours but 10 hours leak like crazy and all in front, the back cotton is totally dry, urine cannot flow to the back at all.

Apple, Jenny: cos my HR went to check with my boss lor.. So she called me to use all ML b4 gg back.. Actually I haven't went back to work at all.. Hence they 1 me to take at 1 go tis time.. But it is so unfair to me.. My sis told me if known earlier, yest morning I shld go back to office n work half day n went take mc.. Then they can't do tis to me.. Sigh.. Tat's y I hope I can still take mc next wk even for 1-2 days I aso happy.. :p

moo mum: thanks on e info

hi Jenny,

my gal using pampers (now still on S size). would say it is good (but expensive) as it can absorb a lot of urine though it is quite slim. Other brands too thick for her n she get red easily.

No problem for night use at all (my highest record is 10 hrs for use at night)

it also depends on how much bb pee. sometimes she pee alot at night, sometimes little bit only.

jenny: i got reviews on most of the diapers previously. normal pampers active. leak urine if more than 4 hours badly. my friend swear by the cruiser range which is more ex . i had bought one but yet to try coz the smallest size for that is 7kg.

currently, my boy is on mamy poko small size. u wanna PM me yr add? i send one small n M size over to u . it hold urine very well n poo. that why i am using it for night. Do note mamy poko quite thick. i see the pampers crusier range so thin and soft! more of course more cost.

For day, i am using petpet size M in the Pink color pack. pink pack more ex but softer compare to the green pack which is cheaper. green pack make my boi thighs red. the pink pack don't.

I tired Huggies Ultra M size the new packaging. i can say is as good as compare to mamy poko. just that the butt area is a bit too narrow but it is still doing well for my boi with his poo. normally i will stock like the recent taka fair at $10.90. reasonable price for day n night use. hehehe.

oh ya, my boi also start whining thru the night already. with my previous said a stretch of 7 to 8 hrs, now he wake up for a stretch of 5 hours max and refused to sleep!

I think he knows i had returned to work n bully me!!! if he is still like that for a week i am going to put him to sleep with my maid. if not i got no energy to concentrate and work for the day. very shag!

Melody: Can I know which type of pampers ur gal is using right now? My boy urines a lot. Like yest I tried the mamy poko for 30 min already leaked urine and when we change for him n open e diapers he's in e midst of urinating again!

Kristle: Thanks so much. I've sent u a pm. There's so many types of diapers within the same range so I dunno what is what too. Heard my sil using pampers, she agreed to give us a sample but yet to go over to take yet.

I'm currently using dryers for day time, quite good n affordable. Can hold for 6 hours but super duper heavy. I'm still on e last few pcs of S size, hopefully M size would not be too big for him to wear now.

Btw, ur boy wear huggies ultra e urine all store in front too? My boy's urine all store in front n the cotton not enough to absorb more and just leaked from the top. $10.90 is very cheap, I bought my pack from Sheng Siong 44 pcs $15.90 I think.

My boy also bully me wor. Last sat I went out for a few hours n when I come back baby see me started to be naughty. Then my husband say before I come back he's very wellbehaved. -_-

Jenny,

i oso dun hv vehicle & bring bb out on bus using sling most of the time...kekeke..when bb is fussy, i jus latch her. i hvn venture on taking mrt w her yet..hehe.hvn bought stroller either..whahaha

i tried many brands for diapers...pampers dun really suit my bb..i feel the holding power is not v strong..esp when bb hv massive poo..will flood out of diaper..& pampers bcums heavy & slippery on d outside when i carry bb..not a gd feel for me..i used mamy poko at nite & when gg out..feels d absorption is gd...so far at nite, if only urine,can last abt 10-12hrs for me...

Kristle, u mean petpet has 2 diff packaging ah? pink & green?cos i tried S size the diaper material i feel very rough..didnt quite like. then lately i heard mommies recommending petpet has improved quality & decided to get M size to try..is sooo much better than S size material..wonder if is improved material or different packaging tt i bought...lol

hw old is ur bb? u mean baby now can sleep stretch more than 5hrs?

my gal only did tt once more than 7hrs slp cos we brought her out for a long day & she didnt nap for long..otherwise, she will wake up abt 5hrs interval at nite for feeds...

mommies who r stil BF..can i check wat diet rich food are u all eating to get thick supply?cos i feel my milk getting more & more diluted leh..& after refrigerate, the fats r like very thin...

preciousmom, last sat when i met u..i was thinking...hw come u wore sunglass..lol..yuan lai u hv sore eyes...so bad of ur boss!!!

mudppie, must constant drink soups boil wz meats tat hv some fats ... or fatty fish soup also can ... if u dare, take the meat/veg dish gravy ...

re: diapers

so far my gal ok wz drypers during day n mamy poko at nite ... no leak so far ...

how long mummies let bb wear the diaper if it is not heavy? use how many diapers per day?

my gal usually wear mamy poko for abt 12hrs from nite sleep till next day morning ... diapers for abt 6hrs during day time ...is it too long hr in the diapers?

Mudpie: haha.. Yalor... I can see alot of pple must aso b tinking y m I still wearing sunglasses indoor or even at evening/nite time.. Haha.. Wear or dun wear aso catch attention.. :p

Too bad I can't join u gals to high tea this thur.. Enjoy urselves n takes lots of pics ar

mudpie: the petpet size m i am using got two version. i bought mine from sheng siong. the small pack 52 pcs are the pink packaging with velcro tape. better quality n softer. those they always offer jumbo pack in 80+ pcs are selling $10 or $11.90 are the green one. those are scotch tapes type. not as soft as the pink one. u can see from the side the color of the diaper. get the correct one k. my boy is 4 mth this week end. he started sleeping at a stretch since last month coz he seldom had long nap in the noon. he only nap 15 to 30 mins max for 2 or 3 sessions only. that y he always cry for sleep at 830pm. and will sleep till 4am like that. then feed him, sleep for 2 hrs and wake up liao wanna play.

Jenny: ya my boy urine also all stock at the front. same for all brand except pampers active.

coz boy shh shh part at the front mah. shouldn't it be to hold at the front is better? it shows is super fast n good in absorption. i can't wait to try the the pampers cruiser range.

preciousmom, ur boss is dreadful..

not very experienced w diapers coz she seems ok w drypers & pet pet ...the 15 pcks of ULtra from taka babyfair hasnt arrived yet, i told them they can keep till kingdom come coz i dont have space in my bomb shelter actually hehee

mudpie: I got 2 strollers. First one is bluff me one, the site wrote can use from birth but when I got it then I saw cannot recline n can only be used from 6 mths. Then I got another one which can be used from birth but after buying then I realised its impossible for me to bring baby n stroller up the bus. We bought it up on bus once when my husband is travelling with us n even with another person also quite hard.

Ling: Sometimes I let my baby wear dryers during day time for 6 hours n it gets super heavy. But I'm lazy to keep changing n as long as it doesn't leaks shld be ok and do check for diaper rash. My boy used to be able to sleep for 9 hours straight and even once for 10 hours but honeymoon period is officially over for me. =(

Kristle: Yah lor, so the cotton at the back is to hold poo? Or for gals only? LOL. The huggies ultra not gd leh, all leak in front and I think kanna the belly button too.

starflower: Why u buy so much??? I got 9 packs of dryers M n I tot I'm outta my mind. LOL.

Mummies, my boy is teething now, my mum say very scary coz he's not even 3 mths. Any tips to make him better? He kept pushing in his fingers n bite but still cries after that. I tried wiping his gums with a damp clean cloth n he likes it but I cun wipe his gums nonstop.

Jenny so fast teething? Is his gums swollen? Can wipe with mild salt water ( taught by my dentist) otherwise u can get the detinox teething gel n use on bb. Agree with ur mum very fast cos he is barely 3 mths?

Ling i will change her diapers every 3-4 hrs i dun hold longer than 5 hrs cos no good will cause rash.

Hi mummies

Need ur. Advice here. Fren recommend me that change milk fr Mamex to friso can help improve eczema. Anyone heArd of it? I'm nt gd abt milk powder n it's nutrients n gd for eczema or nt. Some said similac alot nutrients but constipate. I v confused if to change or nt.

Helo mummies. My Bb been 'singing' past two days. Sometimes he already so tired yet still refuse sleep.

Re: diapers

I use MP diapers about 4-5 per day. Didn't monitor how many hours just feel full then change or if Bb fusses. MP cutting a bit small for my boy thighs, red with rash from extended wear. So i try to interchange diapers with cloth diapers bought from BP.

Jenny: that's fast for Bb teething! I only heard like 4 months. Yours is new record.

Little Fly: I also quite surprized n do alot of research before confirming that he's teething. Btw, that time I told u abt the bo ying dan from euyanseng no use one. Dun waste ur money to get it.

jenny: kua zhang leh till belly button. u got tape tight? or is the size not fitting? coz i use huggies ultra for my boi sleep at night. i never change at all for more than 10 hours. his day urine i got to change like every 5 hours. so it seem to me that huggies absorption still alright. by the way, i am mailing yr stuffs tomorrow. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hairloss: i just bought the silkpro control one. hopefully it works.

Maid: never ending story. tell me miss son 2 days cannot sleep and cry. after one month with me now then give pattern. i go down buy one calling card n she doesnt seem appreciative. i think she wanna my pity to buy her for free. guess i am not going to pamper her. endure endure endure till the new infant care open next year near my house area.

kristle: e diapers quite big, e tape is just below the belly button n urine leaks fr e top. So i think will go to belly button. Now i only got Dryers M but dun dink can lasts for entire night. Thanks a lot!

Hi jenny,

My gal now still using pampers - New Baby size S, i recently bought a pack of M under Pampers Active baby. Both are the super slim kind. Would say it is thinner than huggies ultra.

Coz thick ones, my gal get red easily.

For pet pet, i got buy too. Size M - pink color w velcro n is e 80pc pack.i buy from Ntuc

Most if e time i use pampers, unless she stomach upset then i use pet pet as change frequently

mummies, any of your bm ss dropping? mine's dipping again... especially low in the nite & morning even taking fenugreek? wonder will the ss come back after taking MMP?

Re diapers

I swear by mamy poko for nite use can last up till 12hrs for my gal n nv leak. Even go out I'll also usr it.

In e day i use huggies ultra or pet pet or drypers all ok for my bb so far huggies holding power best [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re bringing bb out

I always chk to make sure e mrt i go to haf lift and e SC has got nursing room n is family friendly

So far luv taka n ck tang got hot water n tangs even got steriliser...

Little Fly,

My bb also likes to 'sing'. Every day at 5 AM!!!! Hehehe... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mommies,

If bb doesn't finish warmed up ebm, do you give at next feed or throw away? Heartpain to throw cos sometimes bb drinks only like 50 ml! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] if give at next feed, must refrigerate and warm up again?

Viman: Have to throw. Or do you know about when he will drink less? You may wanna keep a log so that you can give him smaller amount during that time...

Morning ladies. Dropping by to say hi. Keke. It's midweek! =)

time really rockets when I am having a gd time. Haha.

Viman i am gonna share something with u which the books has not recommended but alot of mummies are doing including me n so far no problem. I will referigerate unfinish ebm n cont to give at ne t feed after heating it again. So far no problem. Just try to referigerate no more than half an hr after u take out n give bb. So far so good fOr me.

Jenny below belly button is too low no wonder leak. U mentioned the mamy pokois big right, pull higher so it covers tummy more. Boys peewill concentrate in the front if u dun pull high will leak out in front. Try again n as most mummy has feedback MP has very good holding power like huggies ultra!

Hey ladies.. Morning!

Pampers: using mamy poko M size. Ntuc runs frequent promos and I'll buy 3-4 packs.. 20.65 for 66 pc which works out to be 31cent per pc. I checked nepia, huggies ultra and pampers per pc price mamy poko is cheaper lei... Holds pretty well too 11pm till 530am [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenny: starfruit is right.. My girl mamy poko cover over the belly button. No leaks so far other than her shit that comes out watery w air.. Leak a bit..

Dolly: my ss is slowing down coz I pump less regularly.. 4 times a day only.. Total yield bat 1.2 liter a day last time can get 1.6-1.8 per day.. Haha.. No longer as hardworking liao.. When do u plan to stop?

Teething: use mild saltwater ma? I read in a book that babies shd not be intro to salt in their food even after 6 mo lei.. Jenny maybe that's y ur baby so fussy recently bah..

Precious mom: y ur boss like that? Was it agreed previously u will break up the ML? Haiz cant go to MOM also I've u wanna keep the job... I'm thinking of being a SAHM until my girl turns 6 mo coz not comfy to let my mil look after her.. Frustrated...

Viman: I throw away as well if my girl can't finish but it's usually 10-30ml only... I dun think it's hygienic to warm up n than refrigerate again lei.. Just like formula milk will throw.. Moreover this is ebm..

V: b4 I on ML, my proj manager wanted me to use up all 16wks but only recently when my baby started his infant care on 1st aug, then I suggested to her tat I 1 to break up n go back earlier.. She still said ok then..

Only on last sun morning, I MSG her to say I will take mc tis mon as sore eye not better yet, then she suggested might as well finish e last wk.. So I was pissed, telling her y can't rest as mc.. So she went to inform e Boss n he wanted me to use all lor.. Sigh.. NUH clinic gave me 4 days mc.. But so far eye still red n swollen n teary.. Wonder if will recover by tis wk...

Melody: Is slim type good? Huggies is too slim n gets heavy very quickly. Esp the size S, have to change 3-4 hours n already very very heavy. And it even leaks poo.

Luann: Wow u can even bring ur baby to Orchard all alone? I got prob even bringing him to nearby SC.

Starfruit/V: Really? Diapers have to cover tummy more, even above belly button? My husband wears it for my baby n always wear quite low. But MP now still cun wear M coz the sides are too big.

V: Yah lor. Now sometimes my boy play with himself for one or two min then he will push his fingers in to chew then start to cry.

Today after my baby's second feed at 10am, he refused to go back to slp. Then I scold him n say either you go n lie down for one hour or u cry all u wan for one hour, I'm not going to be bothered with u. Luckily he understood n go back to slp. Really sian, wake up at 6am for first feed n second time at 9+am everyday now.

haiz quite frustrating at work, my admin girl again mc..my new boss said will be sacking her soon as she hardly work the full weeks..anyway she told me she's pregnant and i really dont know what to do with her. before she's pregnant she's already like that and given her 2 conselling...

the worst part is, i am on leave for how long and yet when i come back all the all the work seem to have stop since i left for my leave..so there are months of reports and back logs for me to do. All the system i implement also seem to stop by itself, not one do checking and all..now my boss want me to produce all the work, and plus the work that my staffs left behind..one of my staff quit shortly after i went on leave, and my ex boss also resign after that..so there;s no proper handing over and alot of question marks..

Hi Ladies, we are looking for mums whose babies are now 0 to 12 months for a short 15 min survey in our office. Token - 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Criteria: You must be user of Abbott brand of formula milk e.g. Similac or Gain IQ. Interested mums, kindly SMS me yr name, yr age, hp no. and baby's month to 97640028. Thanks, Sally

Diapers: I love mamy poko! Mainly cuz I love the pooh designs haha. It seldom fail me and I don't have to worry bat changing diapers frequently cuz it is really absorbent and when I touched the surface of the diaper after a night of usage, I was surprised that it's actually dry! Helps to increase bb's comfort and reduce diaper rash IMHO.

Spilt: poor girl, must be hard on u now. Qte frustrating to have such colleagues.. Hope ur co helps to get a better admin girl soon!

Luann: we r going for high tea tmr at rose vernada, u keen?

Precious: how r ur eyes now? Ur boss is not v nice in not respecting ur views in terms of ML usage, roar!

Milk feed: I think my bb drinks very little via bottle leh.. Around 60ml to 80ml every 3h. Any way to make her drink more? It has been a wk since she accepted bottles and she still needs a lot of cajoling to finish a bottle, but I'm just worried that she's not taking enough..

hi Jenny,

my gal bottom get red easily with thick ones. for pampers slims ones, she is ok. so far no leaks for me for urine and poo poo. that time i try huggies S (not the ultra) and her poo poo leak as the fit is not gd for her buttock. that time i got buy mamy poko and it is too big for. so now i m mainly on Pampers

y dont u pm me your address and i post u a size S and M to try.

Sylvia: I also like winnie the pooh, very cute. Maybe u can try latch ur baby then once ur baby starts sucking pull out ur breast n push in the teat of the bottle. Works for me twice when he doesn't want to drink from bottle but still turn his head over n wan to suckle my breast.

Back