(2011/05) May 2011

Thanks Melody. So nice of u. Its so sweet to find nice mummies here, esp when I'm handling a difficult baby all by myself. I find huggies S the side ribbons always have to pull out myself. But I always forget so once baby poos it will leak out.

v, i'll pump twice a day in the office.. other than that i'll latch on... sometimes in the middle of the nite, when i woke up & pump.. i can only yield about 4 oz for both sides for 15minz.. it's so depressing... last nite W slept from 8pm till 5am... 1st time he slept thru the nite...

Bunnymum: milk powder is quite individual but I try a few brand before settling friso. Guess u got to try n error. Now I m bringing my boi to babyspa!

I have finally tried a sample of Huggies Ultra and it does hold my ger urine from 8pm to 9am with no leakage.

Am intending to purchase but cant seem to find a promo that is as good as Fairprice one as the other time i saw them selling Ultra @ $17.45 for 62 pieces. If any mummies see huggies having promotion or roadshow. Pls let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot Nicole. I've sent u a pm. =)

preciousmom: Take care. Hope ur eye will recover soon!

Janice: I tried the sample too n for two nights no leak then I went to buy a pack on the third day n third night starte leaking. LOL. U can try luvbabies but need $200 for free shipping. Very hard to choke up $200 unless buying milk powder.

Jenny: How come 1st two night no leak and only 3rd day and 3rd night leak. Sound so profound that i can seem to understand why.

Emm... the pricing from luvbabies for ultra is not very attractive leh... Think i will keep looking out for it. I will be ordering from luvbabies for milk powder but only like 1-2 months later as i need to clear the current fm that i have bought from them.

Janice: I think third night my baby got more urine. And mine is leak in front. They dun sell stage 1 fm leh, if not I also got a lot of stuff I wan to buy from there. I got huggies ultra M $2 off ecoupon but only at market place or cold storage. Do u wan it?

Jenny, luvbabies does sell stage 1 milk. I purchased from recently. So weird, their website used to have unlisted in their milk powder category.

You can try emailing them to check on the pricing. [email protected]

ecoupon? Sure, where you stay?

Janice: I think cun sell stage 1 online, even ntuc sites all dun have. I'll email them to check. Thanks. Oh I can email u e coupon n u can just print it out n give the cashier. But everytime my husband use the cashier sure dunno abt it n have to check with manager. But no issues with using after that. Just send me a pm then I'll reply u with the coupons. =)

Jenny u must wear the diapers properly if not no matter wat brand u use also will leak. The side flaps have to pull out properly so wgen bb poo or pee wont leak. Alsi maje syre the diaper is centred on the butt if not will leak too regardless of wat brand u use. Yes pls oull higher than belly button. I like to cover the belly button so wind won't go in.

I brought bb out to town to meet frens at 313 today sling her n traveled by bus and MRT down and back hm. So jenny i am sure u can do it too. Try a short journey to a plc near ur hm. When you are more comfy can venturw further!

Apple did u go to robinsons sale? I stepped in but came out again after 10 mins cos my ger was fussing and there were too many ppl. Managed to tombang ash to help me buy nuk teats.

starfruit, my hb grabbed NUK wide neck btl & teats for me, also nursing wrap from first yaers coz my nursing cover dropped and gone coz I din notice while changing bb D. Really super crowded..he chop chop buy and come back coz bb D was not well.

Jenny wanna tell u tat my baby is a screamer too, many of the moms here have heard her super loud n angry cry. Esp when i in SC n she cries everyone will look at me. But my skin quite thick hehehe so do try n bring him out cos u may find tat he sleeps better and not so fussy outside.

And i think ur bb is not extremely fussy lah, many of our bbs are the same too. They will get better as they grow older.

mummies, i got a few thinz to ask.

Pumps:-

1. Any1 using medela mini electric? cos i m currently usin pis & as i return to work,i left my pis in office instead. currently usin avent manual pump at nite & if i go shoppin, is super tedious/tiring. i need somethin portable but freestyle is over my budget cos i duno if my ss can substain at tis rate.

2. if i only buy d conversion kit (only the motor & power socket), can it fit to my breastshield/connecter i m currently usin for pis?

3. is softfit breastshield better than normal? if i buy, can d softfit fit into my personal fit connecter? will usin softfit yield better?

supplements:-

1. any1 taking nature way's fenugreek? i m currently takin gnc's fenugreek. cos i saw in bp nature way's is much cheaper than gnc so thinking of trying. if take nature way, also 6 per day?

2. currently malunggay tea dosent seem to work for me, thinking of trying tm's more milk plus. erm, when takin these tea, do u still take fenugreek?

Starfruit,u not joining us for high tea?

Vicki,u can try under WTS to buy 2nd hand freestyle n get d spare parts frm bulk purchase.is cheaper..breastshield u can use for PIS n freestyle be it softfit or personal fit..personally I find persona fit better cos I spoilt 2sets of softfit in less than 2mths..but it's up to individual.some mommies might find personalfit painful to use...my freestyle import set can use local adapter to plug in..mayb I take a pic of my adapter n pm u on fri when I return to ofc cos my freestyle is in ofc...

hi, I have baby spa package to let go. left 7-8 swim but expiring in 30 Oct 11. Happy to let go at $60 to recover some milk powder money. ideal for babies around 2-6mths. Bigger babies will enjoy their swim better in the bigger pool and you will have to top up $5 to use the bigger pool. call me at 90685338.

Starfruit: I've used my friends mini before. She used it for her 2 kids n it's good for her. It's kinda noisy but very portable n little parts n suction ok too..The breast shield will fit the mini. Agree w mudpie that the soft fit spoils easily. Wanna try swing? I'm using it for the past mths n it's been good. Having promo at the upcoming robinsons sale.. If u wanna try the tm mothers milk let know.. I can send a sample to u. There is fenugreek in the teabag and recommended to drink 3-4 times a day so I'm not too sure if need to further take the pills coz I only drink that and eat oats occasionally..

I successfully brought my girl out alone to her godma she on cab by slinging her.. Need to venture out myself w baby if nit damn bored at home and she will get too used to being at home too..

Dolly: don't be depressed.. Got milk for bb can le.. And u are feeding her past the 3 mth mark soon..rejoice in that! U can latch ma I can't even latch my girl..

Mudpie/v, cos my ss also wavering between 3-4oz currently thus I didn't want to invest in another freestyle/swing in case my ss drop further. saw in another forum pple sellin d mini ard $50-85 so thinking. If can fit my current personal fit connector/shield then I dun have to spend further to buy extra.

Jeny, like what starfruit mentioned..u just venture out with your bb, don't worry about loud scream. I also took train once with bb and he wail loudly coz the train too cramp and eventually ppl heard his cry and gave up the priority seat to me :p thick skin ler..somemore get a seat, not bad what!

morning ladies,

The thread move so fast..dont have much time to come in since i started working..really miss my baby when im at work..sigh..

work: anyway just came back for 3 days already attended few meetings and tons of works to follow up..ytd got a chat with my new superior and gotten to know that my ex boss did not do a proper handing over when he left the company and those things that i half done b4 i go on leaves wasnt informed to anyone..thus it was like i nv do my job and my new superior tell me that my client was unhappy abt me leaving behind many incomplete work..but the facts is those items were done and my staffs just need to follow up for me..yet no one did it..for pass few mths..so now i came back i need to product to them asap to prove that i have already completed it and not like what they said i leave behind shit for them to do..

quite frustrating but ive already clear 2 reports which i have completed b4 i left and there's 4 more to go and that 4 should be done by my replacement yet not done..become my baby..sigh..wish me luck..

vicki i used to use mini plus, other than the noise the machine was gd, suction wise also no problem and quite compact

Split, aiyo really sound bad. Hope it all get cleared up soon.

Vicki i think the breast shield is the same for all medela pumps. Its only the other parts varies between pump. I like the soft fit shield cos softer n not as painful when pumping but i think as wat mudppie wrote it really depends on individual.

vicki..for mini..the connector shd be different..u might need to check coz the mini connector needs to be attached to the electrical portion directly and not a tube like most other medela pumps hor..as for the shield it shd be the same...

split: aiyo..ya work is like that lor..esp if u not ard and there are changes..hang in there...

Mommies,

Anyone knows where I can buy the bb tongue cleaner that you slip over your finger and clean e tongue? The gauze method doesn't work with my baby.

Split: really angry to know tat ur work was misinterpreted n worse part, we r not ard to explain during these few mths.. I aso worried abt my workload when I go back to work as I'm sure they will b in hold to wait for me.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope u can clear ur tasks soon

Starfruit/apple: My baby once cried loudly in e cab and the driver commented that he's so powerful coz he cried so loudly. There's once I'm on bus with him and his face turned red n wanted to scream then I faster push in his pacifier for him, so lucky nv cry. I think maybe can start with Jurong Point first since its nearer to my place. Orchard is a no-no coz even without baby I also hate Orchard.

apple: u mean u carry baby on mrt nobody gave up seat to u until baby scream? I took mrt once n a lady gave up her seat to me.

vicki: I took nature way's fenugreek, not much effect. Now i'm on more milk plus. Going to express this sat before going to polyclinic for baby's jab then can see if there's any increase.

Janice: I emailed luvbabies n they replied say they dun carry infant formulas anymore. =(

thanks lladies for the encouragement..anyway i really think i should start looking for job..now even those things that i am not aware of which was done during my adsent also wan me to answer..how i can deal with it...sigh

Ladies...I dun thk can join u for tea tdy. My ger still not fully recover dun wan pass e germs to ur babies

Next time will definitely join...do let me know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jenny: i just ordered and received the first batch of 4 tins of Nan Pro 1 from luvbabies last week. thought of ordering next month, so sad... that they dun carry anymore... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Viman,d tongue cleaner can get fr kiddy palace.else pharmacy sell together wif d my first teeth toothpaste

I tink I have a spare but not sure where I put.let me go find tonight,if have I mail u.it's brand new but no packaging since I tear out d toothpaste

Jenny: Serious that they dun carry infant milk anymore? O no, their pricing is the best that i have found and now they no longer carry. I have to start sourcing again...

janice/jenny: i also emailed them abt mamil n they replied dun sell now. sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i'm using last tin now. if u gals found any where else to buy at cheaper price pls pm me too!

Yah lor. But I've nv seen them selling infant fm before leh. So I always buy from NTUC. Just tahan 3 more mths my baby will turn 6 mths then fm will be a little cheaper.

Re: Maids

How often do u all allow yr maid to call home? mine came for a month already been calling once a week and it seem that she miss home even more and cry the first time on monday after being here for one month. today suddenly give me all pattern like drop clothes down, cut tomato in slices instead of square, and got my boy bathing water too cold.

should i talk to her and ask her if she keen to stay or not or should i just send her back to agent? she is from phlippines. Fresh maid.

Thanks, vicki! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] No worries if cannot find. I'll check at Kiddy Palace. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Viman,I found d finger brush if u still need.

I rem some mommies say medical hall in clementi/sengkang sell cheaper & tat luvbabies act buy fr them?

So far my son's fm I buy fr iecon at blk 748 yishun. But price has been increasing.nan pro 3 d last I bought $25.50

Viman, sorry, upon closer inspection, it's abit dusty tho i kept it in a box. not sure if u r comfy with it cos i kept it for almost 2yr+ :X

Vicki,

Hehe... I'll buy a new one then. Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi kristle, before my maid starts to work for me. I've state to her the house rule. I'll only provide her the 1st IDD card for her to call home. subsequently she has to buy/pay for her own IDD card to call home. the first few months, she only has SGD20 each month. she'll have to use that her hard earned money to buy her own IDD card..

it's better for you to talk to her if she wants to work. if she wants, then she got to focus on her work.

mine's also fresh maid but from indo... till now she'll use her own money to buy her idd card unless i'll reward her & get one for her..

just to vent my anger..my admin again took mc..and this the the 3rd day and im just back to work since monday.Yes i know she is pregnant but she cant exploit people like this..my boss tell me she hardly work for a full week since i left for my leave and before she's is pregnant she is already like this and now worst..sigh..i just came back and so many things were in a mess yet i have to even do my admin girl job

Kristle: my maid uses her own money to call as well and she only called once in 2 months to save money. You didn't leave your bb alone with her right? talk to her on her behavior and see if she improves. If not, return her to agency. Don't need to let her know in advance.

Split: hang in there and see if things improves when the mess is sorted out. Its unfair that you inherits the mess and have to be accountable for it. I know that feeling. Super frustrating.

Mummies, it is better to start my bb with nanny earlier before my ML ends? My hb thinks its ok to drop bb with nanny on the first day i return office. My bb already recognizes faces and places plus he's a 'singing' bb.

little fly: i feel is better to start your bb with nanny earlier before your ML ends. maybe a week or a few days also can. at least you will feel more at ease when you are at work.

Little fly should start one to two weeks earlier with nanny sothis leaves u sometime to run ur own errands before start work n also u are available if nanny needs u to be a round kinda like a transition. Dun leave till the day u go back to work cos if bb not settled u will have to take leave to sort it out.

Back