(2011/05) May 2011

Wow I been so kind to her as I had bought at least 5 cards for her! Will stop buying for her now. I m leaving baby with her alone that why I been super nice. But she seem not appreciate.

Guess if she still pattern again I will send her back to agent. Nowadays Philippines fresh maid are like princess. Last week I at agent and saw one taking fake lv bag when the agent pick her up. I will be changing to indo one next.

Twinkle, Starfruit: Thanks! my worry is nanny will quit on me after trying out a few days and discover he's not easy. I tried to wean him off auto yaolan but once i stop it rocking or shift him to bb cot, he wakes up wailing.

Kristle: That's v nice for a new maid! Can reward her slowly when she proves to be of help. Do you monitor your maid if you leave her alone w bb? I recently heard horror stories of psycho maid coating bb with honey intending to oven bake bb but luckily mother returning in time as her 6th sense tells her so. Arrgh.. they should check the maid's mental health.

little fly: i aso agreed that u shld send ur baby to nanny hse earlier, partly it will aso help u to adapt to e absence of ur baby... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] dun worry, i tink if ur nanny is an experienced one, she will not just quit like tat.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Preciousmum: thanks. Why men don't get it ? My hb say if nanny quit then go infantcare. Like so easy n as if we sure got slot there.

Read about your sore eyes. How's are you now? Hope you recover soon!

Viman: your Bb gives you morning call [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my Bb sings in the evening n during car rides. Most Bb loves rocking sensation of rides n may doze off but we have to hear his singing throughout whole trip.

little fly: men r like tat 1 lor.. i not sure abt urs..but mine wanted to save as much $$ as possible.. so meaning if to give nanny c earlier, means hv to pay her earlier while i do nothing at hm still..hahha.. men!!!

like last evening, brought my baby for pnuemoccoal injection n only got to know have to pay an admin fee of $10.XX to deduct from medisave, n my hubby dun1 to pay thru it n rather use CASH.. sigh.. faint rite

sore eyes: thanks for concern... feeling better thou still red n swollen when c mirror..but at least e pain n itchiness is ease much better... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Split: sounds unfair leh.. Y u have to bear the responsibility of others undone work? The organization already sound no system.. But u mention that u also cant seek other job, fir the sake of livelihood, gotta endure?

My kids are falling sick one by one. So tired tending to them and work at the same time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Preciousmum: smiling over your post on admin fee. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Who says woman are more calculative than men? My hb thinks he will lose out 1 day on hari raya if we start earlier. Plus Bb due 2nd jab next week n my mil visiting us etc..

luvbabies: u can try to email them and ask, as they are not allowed to post infant milk...keke..i just bought mine.

Jenny & twinkle, if u stay near cck, or go there, can go to their shop and buy. they still carry over there

Kristle, pls stop buying phone card for your maid. If she is doing good, u reward. Otherwise, she has to pay for her own phonecard to call home. Limit to once a month..don't let them abuse the flexibility of the employer. Overtime she will climb over your head!

Err..leaving bb alone and u plan to get Indo maid I objected this move unless u can speak Malay. Communication is very important especially bb still so young. Imagine she can't really understand u and just answer yes mam to everything, u will have nitemare upon returning work. Trust me :p

Re maid:

AI yo I did not know cannot let them call often, I let mine call back every week also.. THen I better stop too..

I am back at work but my maid seem to rely on my mum and not trying to look after bb.

For mummies using huggies ultra, this is e price i see for your reference. Think promo ends end of this month.

Price seen at CK Dept store forsize M, L, XL

Current: sgd 15.90

Promo: sgd 12.80

Hi mummies,

M gal is drinking Mamex Gold 1. i bought it from a medical hall near my house at jurong west st 61. They sell at Sgd 37 for 900g whereas ntuc etc sell Sgd 42.

If anyone of u want e add, pm me ya.

thanks apple, i will be firm and tell her no from now onwards.

nowadays maid really exploit employers rather than another way round. This is my first time getting a maid and i realise there are so many to learn.

Deon: u got to be firm too. at least u got yr mum to overlook. i got none. sighh.

hi ladies. been a long long time since i really sit dwn n read thro the posts and psot something! hehehe.

cloudpoem,

hope ur kids will recover soon.

preciousMom,

gd to know ur sore eyes are better =)

hows ur lit W doing in IFC and ur hb coping with fetching the elder 2 kids and lit W?

split,

ur wk situation sounds bad! yet u cant sack ur admin gal coz she is preg...unless she has nt been in the co for more than 6mths???

hope u will be able to clear up the stuffs soon...i havent gone back to wk yet i have been receiving calls n sms asking me to do this n tt n chk emails etc.

bubble_pearl: got to know from my mom that luvbabies got 2 medical halls branches... one in teck whye and the other is at cck. my husband lazy to go there, so i got the delivery lor... you meant that you are able to buy the infant formula from them after email to enquire??

Thanks ladies for the encouragement..

anyway any HR personel here? just to check, can a company sack a pregnant lady if she is already 5mth pregnant? my boss told me he will replace her and my new admin will come next thursday..my admin girl had not inform my boss abt her condition and she told me not to so i nv mention to anyone..but according to my boss they had already give her 1 counselling and 1 verbal warning for her attendance previously, and also before im pregnant we have also give her a counselling. so total the company had counsel her twice and warn her once..so can the company use this as a reason ontop of her pregnancy to sack her?

Other than that im also in a dillemma to change job as im really not happy working in this line..and now there's alot of opening in the field that im interested in and im really tempted to change..but my current site going to agm soon and if i complete the agm is like i have complete a whole project from beginning to ending..the agm is in oct..but im afraid by oct there wunt be so much opportunity..how? what should i do??in me i really wanna complete the project myself but also scare i miss out gd opportunity..

Melody: I stay near Jurong west St 61.. which medical hall u talking abt? Got sell similac? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

val: thanks.. Thou e pain n itchiness subsided, but e redness n soreness still there.. Will go c my gp again 2molo morning if still red n ask for mc bah..

Hi precious mom,

It e medical hall under pioneer mrt (beside e coffeeshop). Sorry dear, i not sure if hey got sell similac, but i tink i saw it but cant really cfm leh.

Split,

u can still go for interviews and try to chk if they can wait for u while u finish ur agm. Some companies may be willing to wait. I am sure if u finish ur agm, the satisfaction will be great n it will look great on ur resume too.

PreciousMom,

mayb u sld go back to wk on mon and then go see gp to request for mc for whole week! Hehe.

Anyone knows the add of luvbabies at cck? I searched oline n cun find but I also saw they have a branch at jurong? Anyone can give me the add pls? THanks

Thanks Janice, but too bad I've reached home already. Maybe check out next time.

Today bought my baby for 6in1 jab at polyclinic. The jab was fast but wait for 3 mth assessment wait for 45 min! Even pple who came 30 min after us get to go in earlier than us. So angry and baby wan to slp so he kept crying. After jab bring him home to slp first then go out to Lot 1. Total failure coz he kept crying n screaming. Everyone in the lift kept looking at him as though he is an alien like that. Very sian, dink wun bring him to sc for the moment. Shall start with nearby sheng siong first in future.

I realised the medical shop at blk 651 pioneer mrt is kim sang. Have asked my husband to take a look later. Hopefully got sell and is cheaper than ntuc

Deon: When my mother is around with bb, my maid also takes advantage. She will be reading magazine in the room 'watching' over bb sleeping while my mum cooks up a feast in kitchen. I told my mum not to pamper my maid but she never listen. Then she complain to me bb likes maid better. *faint*

Jenny: Your bb also recognize places and faces? Mine will cry each time throughout whole journey when we have to bring him out. Today at home he stared at the ceiling etc and smiles to himself. Home sweet home.

Twinkle, Starfruit, Preciousmum: I end up only putting bb with nanny 2 days in advance after 'negotiating' with hb. He claimed he will take leave if needed so I am holding his word for that. A bit frustrated coz leaving me with as good as no personal time.

Split: I think you can start to look around and the timing could be just right for you to leave in Oct as companies takes time to do interviews or finalize an offer.

Jenny...maybe ur bb is not comfy after to jab...best not to ring bb out the day or 2 after jab, let him rest more :p

Don't be discourage okies....try again maybe next week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] good luck.

RE: Maid

Kristie, my myanmar maid call hm once a mth and for the first 6mths i buy 3 calling card for her. After that she buys her own coz she get full salary liow. I agree with the other mummies that you must not be too nice if not they will take it for granted, if she performs well then you reward her and she shldn't be calling hm everyweek. Have a chat with her and observe her see if she improves [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Little Fly: I think mine just likes to cry irregardless of place or person. Last time when I sling him he will sleep but now also cannot.

Luann: I think its because he's too tired. Yest go my mum's house no yao lan n today must reach polyclinic at 9.40 so have to wake him up at 9am so he kept crying. Very sian like that. Haiz.

Just now I went into pet shop to buy someting for my doggie while my husband n baby wait outside. I went in the shop I heard him screaming n I ran out to see what happened.

Luvbabies: My husband just went to the pioneer mrt's kim sang n checked the price for enfalac A+ is $41, as opposed to NTUC's $45. Asked him to buy one tin back to try first coz dunno isit same country n contents from NTUC's. Also checked price of other items from the website n website is much cheaper. Like mamy poko diapers the site sells $2 cheaper than the store and my husband says cun find pampers there.

THank you Little Fly for your advice.

Will monitor and see how things goes..

I am trying to let me girl sleep thorugh the night by giving her slighlty more milk at 10pm but she will still wakes up at 1am and 4am for milk.. She is at her 14 weeks, PD said she should be able to skip the 1am feed. Been trying but still cannot..

JEnny should not bring bb out on day of jab. If i remember correctly, the 5in1s and 6in1s introduces live virius into body for bb to build the antibodiez so i feel bb body may be weaker those 2 days n best to avoid crowds n such. They will also feel cranky a day or two. U should only bring out when bb is not taking jab. U may find tat he behaves better.

How have u been bringing him out? Stroller or sling? My ger hates the stroller she will cry when i put her in she wants me to carry her instead so i will put her in a bb carrier n cart her out.

Mummies: will you let your maid keep picture of ur bbies? My maid kept asking me for their pictures. My mum forbids it as she fear they could do black magic. How could I turn down her request nicely without hurting her feelings?

starfruit: oops, I dunno that. I tot since husband borrow car might as well go out. I bring him on stroller. My husband says if we push the stroller he will diam diam but once stop he will start crying. Luckily my baby doesn't want to be carried coz he's 6.6kg now and just now bring him to polyclinic my arms almost broke.

Deon: U sleep at 10pm? If not try to feed him just before u slp so that at least u can sleep till a little later.

littlefly: yr maid from indo or philippines? if indo better not. not to scare you mostly is black magic.

as for philppines, they wanna a pic they had with yr kid together as they want to post on au pair website to attract foreign employers that they are trustworthy and geunine in taking care of kids.

For me. i have seen faced so much probs with my maid for just this 1 month and i would encourage you not to. i will turn her down by saying ah ma dun allow baby photos to be given away. just cook up some taboos story. :p

mine baby cannot stretch beyond 9pm. he got to sleep by then. that is 830 to 900pm range. nomally i will make 4 oz and let him drink as much as possible and discard the remaining left.

Re BB pics

I also dun allow my maid to haf pics of my kids dangerous leh, really scared of black magic.

Re BB sleeping

My ger smtimes slp frm 9-6 but sm days will wake up 2, 4 & 6....drive me nuts esp when i nd to wake up to let her latch....

Kristle, Apple, Luann: My maid is from Indo. She kept photos of her ex-employer who included her in family pics. She so excited about my boy's upcoming birthday and even bought photo frames. She actually requested us to take pics of her with my boys and print it out for her for her photo frames.

I really felt uneasy letting her have my boys' photos but there is no nice way of rejecting her without hurting her feelings.

Pupsik mummies: so long our bbies are 3mths old, we can use kangaroo carry right ? i am not sure if my bb's neck is strong enough though but he's outgrow the cradle style.

talking abt pupsik, i got slightly bigger M size and i still can't put my boi into the kangaroo carry. it still seem too small and i can't carry high up as he is heavy now.

Thank you Mummies for your encouragement, will continue trying..

I also realize my girl is not learning to flip as much, she can only do sideways.. Is it okay to be slower (she is at her 14 weeks) ?

Little Fly - Same her, my girl has outgrown the cradle style.. She prefers us to carry her upright now.. Thinking of trying the kangaroo style on her as well.

Val: I m nw at e clinic waitg to b seen by my gp n asked for mc.. Hehe..hope will give me mc.. 2ndly, my Bb W aso abit of runny nose n cough.. So come to c him 2gether bah.. My proj manager v bad, yest still sms me to reach office on time tomolo as she 1 to brief on my tasks b4 she rushes to client site for meeting.. Didn't even ask if I hv recovered or not.. So fedup...

Spilt - Went throught similar situation at my workplace. 1 of my A&P officer was quite sickly, always on MC. Subsequently, she found out she was pregnant and things got worst. She totally did not come in office and insisted to wrok from home. As it was sensitive as she was pregnant, HR could not terminate her straight away. What they did was to meet her with her and talk about her situation.

Her probation period was extended but in the end she left on her own. What I understand from my HR, for our policy as long as she MIA for 3 days then can sack her.

So not sure how is the HR policy on your side. But sensitive if it comes to terminating the service of a pregnant lady.

preciousmom: ur eye feel better? Or still very sore?

My baby has been crying almost nonstop since yest. Took his temp just now n its 37.2, not fever rite? But really worried coz of e jab yest.

Deon: My baby feels hot to the touch and now I nv wear shirt for him, just let him wear shorts coz I dun have those sleeveless shirt for him, scare if I let him wear his normal clothes will make him even hotter.

Back