(2011/05) May 2011

V, the frozen ebm is >1mth & my boy is drinking less so these r the excess. Instead of pour away, we use all of 12pkts to bath my boy, soak hands & feet :p

Starfruit, ops..shd not pour away! Bath bb or soak your feet..my nanny said some ppl in MY make into bath gel to bath bb wor

Orh... I thought why.. I still have frozen ebm from mid June.. Now mix with fresh ebm for her to drink than I freeze my recenty expressed excess to keep.....

Haiz wanted to bring my girl out de but raining.....

I heard apply bm on baby's eyebrow n eyelash can grow alot. I dun hav excess bm but sometimes when drip out, like one or two drops I'll apply on baby. My husband says I'm crazy.

Yest nite I told my husband I wan to apply time off once every mth then he say cannot, only can once a yr. If once a yr baby already grow up, no need to time off anymore.

Thanks starfruit. Yest I bought online. Hopefully it works for me.

ok ladies, fyi, ingredients tat r deem unsafe while nursing are Formaldehyde, toluene & Dibutyl phthalate. (a very cause for concern article here: http://www.greenfootsteps.com/nail-polish-ingredients.html ) seems d faceshop's nail polishes are toxic..omg, & i so love their colours esp d new range of shatter & they r dirt cheap. ahh...ignorance is a bliss...

abt bm. i find tat my bm if i leave on bb face, it'll grow rashes. (ie: when she findin my nipple to latch & get all d milk on her cheek) so i cant imagine if use it to soak. doesnt urs does d same or somethin wrong wif my bm?

@jenny: heh, heard bout applying BM on bb eyelash too. Tried and kinda works leh.. dunno if its due to the BM, but no harm trying (esp if bb doesnt finish the milk). heehee.

Jenny: Your hb is only kidding you to have off once a year? even machines have down time. You go out is to re-charge your battery and keep your sanity, not play.

This morning I went to pray at temple near my place for bb to have good night sleep. I will try anything to ease his fussiness in the evenings. Hope the bao ying dan works for your bb (and later mine too) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Val: You are not alone. My 4yr old add to my lack of sleep for still taking night feeds on top of bb’s. He ate solids for dinner and had a full bottle of milk before sleep but still will request for night feed.

Starfruit: I feed until I bogus. Will dreamt I heard bb cries then hurried over to see he still sleeping sweetly in his cot.

Lamaze toys: my mum accidentally threw away my DD1’s Lamaze toys which I saved for my bb. So heartache coz those are still quite new and in good condition. Are there any sale going on for Lamaze toys now ?

Little Fly: My husband din even intend to give me any off at all. Even haircut also no-no. Last mth I took a few hours off to do fringe rebond he keep saying and kpkb abt it.

These two days seems like baby's flu is getting better so he cried much lesser, except when he's tired and sleepy. But now it seems impossible to put him to sleep even with the electric yaolan. He will just cry louder n louder. Last few days we let him cry himself to slp but its really heartbreaking so we try to carry him in n out of his bed till he finally sleeps. But we always do that for 30 min n he can only slp for 15 min.

Sophie la girafe loots are with me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] mummies who ordered pls PM me for a/c to trf & mode of collection ya!

Sunflower, am about to post re the collection & saw your posting hehe..

@apple: heehee. Just saw yr boy with the giraffe! Was asking bout it cos tmr i've a free day! Will b in town. Thought i cld meet you to collect n pass you $ at de same time? Will pm you my mobile [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Little fly i bought a few lamaze stuff from one of the BP. U may want to search under BP thread n find out if any.

So OPI safe? I like their shatter range too.

oh no, i also went for manicure/pedicure, hope its not much effect to the EBM coz latching her all the time *shrug*

our babies coming to 4 months soon, hehee looking forward to her first solid meal day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] now wondering which cereal to give her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Little fly, can get Lamaze toys from Robinsons. They usually have quite a good range, otherwise join BP.

Manicure/pedicure: shd be fine bah..

Mummies here is something i extracted from an article to share on introducing solids. To guage if ur bb is ready, see signs below,

When to Start Feeding Solid Foods?

The World Health Organization (WHO) and breastfeeding experts worldwide recommend that all babies be exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months of life. This generally means no cereal, juice or any other foods until your baby is about 6 months old. Some signs that your baby is developmentally ready are:

Loss of tongue-thrust reflex (pushing food out of mouth with her tongue)

Sitting up without support

Interested when you are eating

good morning mummies. I joined a BP and purchased a swimming tub for my baby. Before payment, the seller replied emails very quickly and said can deliver today. After making payment on Sat, totally nv hear from seller anymore even though I told seller to confirm delivery will be made today. Then yest, I went to the thread and saw his replies so I knew he got online and posted on the thread and guess what? He replied to the person above and below me and totally ignored me. Getting really worried now.

Preciousmom,

Nt problematic la. Hehe. Mayb W is used to the taste of fm already. Coz fm sweeter so mayb tats y. So did he take ebm better over the weekend?

Little fly,

I dun purposely wake my Gal up. I latch on demand. If she is hungry she will cry for it. Haha. Else even if I wake her up she may nt wan to drink if she is nt hungry or too sleepy.

I survived the past few yrs with nite feeds on my own even when wking so u can do it too =) mummy power =)

My boy too. Aft dinner sometimes he can still tummy half a bread. Before he slps, I will give him a bottle of milk of 250ml but he still nds a bottle of milk at nite and once he is awake.

Angie,

Coz he is still co-slpping with us. He does tat when he is hungry at nite and I am too slow to give him his milk =)

Hmm, I have my ups n downs too when handling 2 n at times i feel i failed aa mum. N I tend to b more stern n lose my cool with my #1 nw esp when he dun listen else I am coping fine.

Jenny, 

Parenting/parenthood is no easy feat. Dun b scared as mummies hold one of the most difficult job 24/7 but it's a v rewarding job =)

Glad u enjoyed time off. Haha. Ur hb nv look aft the baby alone often? Must make him do tat more often so he knows it's nt easy. In fact my hb is quite supportive of me getting at least 1 day seT frm the kids every week.

Re: introducing semi solids

I only started my boy on organic rice cereal when he was 6mths. This time rd will do the same. Rice cereal, apple puree and alt between fruits n vege purée on alt week.

Yup Val. He doesn't take care of baby alone. Even weekends when he's supposed to help me take care, I also have to prepare everything for him. Like diaper changing I have to stand beside him and pass him wipes one by one. I nv knew taking care of a baby is so tough until I had one. Before I gave birth, my mum told me that I will be really busy once baby is born n I even told her baby will slp so I will have some time but I didn't know I'll have a baby who doesn't like to slp.

Yest I was researching online coz my baby keeps crying when he's tired and when put him in the yao lan he still screams and refuse to slp. After reading then I learned that must put him in bed even before he started crying, must look for signs of tiredness. So I did it just now and he was eating his mitten and I took a shower. Shower halfway he cried for less than a min and stopped. When I come out he still awake but nv cry and now slept already. His blocked nose is also cleared up a lot so no more crying nonstop. Thanks so much to all the mummies for lending me a listening eye (or rather eyes) and giving me and baby wishings.

jenny: no worries..i was telling everyone taking care of bb is like studying PHd and every baby is 1 PHd coz no 2 babies are the same..my girl is relatively easy so i thank god for her..there's always a way to overcome everything just needs time ya..don't fret..slowly ya.

Semi solids: i plan to intro a lil brown rice with ebm when she turns 5.5 mths or so..6 mo start with puree stuff...

Jenny - Glad your bb is getting better.

Hopefully mine too. On sat she creid non-stop for nearly 3 hours.. She is still not good, PD said will take a few months. Going back for review in 3 weeks time.

Hi Any mummies got contact for malay lady that do post-natal massage ?

My current one keep MIA. Make appointment already but always never turn up at ny place. I went back to work and purposely took leave to do massage today and she just messaged me that she is not turning up !! So irresponsible..

Val: ya.. He managed to finsh all e ebm I gave over e wkends.. Phew.. Anyway I m stopping pumping in 2 more days as I will b coloring n perming my hair this wed, hence can't give him tat day ebm onwards.. n my frozen ebm tink can only last him a wk or so only.. :p

Dolly: oh no.. All defrosted.. Hw much was tat?

Deon: hv u paid ur massage lady already? my massage lady is quite good.. U can try calling her..9697 1378

Thank you preciousmom.

BTW what is the name of your massage lady so that I can address her properly. What are the charges like ?

Yes, I have paid but not in full.. So the losses are not too great. Heng, I did not paid in full for 7 sessions. So far she only turned up twice !!

Deon: oh.. Paiseh 4got to put her name here.. She is ibu tuti.. Hmm.. That time she charged me $400 or $450 for 7 sessions if not wrong.. Oh no.. My memory loss is so serious.. 2 months ago n I can't rem.. Haha

Bth my boy again. He's so tired that he can't even open his eyes. Slept for 15 min then wake up n i spent 15 min n he slept another 30min. Cry again after that n still closing eyes when I carried him out. Spent another 15 min to get him to sleep n he wake up in less than 1 min n crying and screaming now.

Hi, been following the thread for quite some time. Am also a May mummy.

Jenny, I tot ur boy's behavior resembles my girl.She is always fussy,but has been alot better nowadays. Maybe u can try carrying her upright on ur body.ie his head resting under ur chin,and close to ur heart.he might sleep better like that. Try applying ru yi oil on his tummy n soles. He might be feeling cramps in his tummy due to wind. Hope it helps..

hello mummies,

its been some time since i logged in..

precious: whao! u going to dye hair? i scared hairloss leh.. cux usually will start ard these time... i already got hair thinning, dun dare to try.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

oh mummies, mudpie is organising a West gathering at clementi mall, just in case any of u missed it.. any one wanna join? this Wed, 10th Aug. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] at Clementi Mall..

by the way, any mummies wanna spree carters?

heh am also thinking for perming my hair. But after perming we cant latch the baby? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dolly: oh my! I had a dream bat that too lei...haiz wasted!!

Deon: u might want to contact them soon coz hari ray a fasting starting so I heard my massage lady say she will take less.. Mine not bad also 300 for 5 days..depending on location. I still using her for normal home massage now..

Jenny: yap an fail?

My girl suddenly refuse to drink her milk or drink very little.. Keep zzzing haha I also duno whatbis wrong le....any bb like that too?

Jmummy: My baby loves to be carried upright but his neck is not stable yet so always wriggle here n there. And he also cun slp like that, now even if carry him he also refuse to slp. I applied ru yi you on his soles n tummy everyday after bath. Doesn't seem to be gas prob. But then I think he might wan to slp in aircond room but I dun wan him to mess up day n nite sleeping pattern. So very mao dun now. If he doesn't naps I'm ok with it but he's not ok, he will keep crying n screaming.

Nicole: I did fringe rebond last mth and continue to bf my baby. I think as long as u do it well n it doesn't touch ur scalp shld be ok.

V: My baby also drink very little milk now. In one day sometimes he only drinks 3 bottles plus latching.

Today I expressed out my milk n was surprized I got 160ml! And only took me abt 45 min to empty my breast. Guess fenugreek works after all but took longer to see the effect for me. These few days after bfing my baby in the morning I dun even hav to supplement with FM. So happy abt it. =)

Happy National Day, Mummies..

Jenny, my girl is behaving the same way as yr bb. She cannot fall into deep sleep. Will wake up after 15 mins or hald an hour, if lucky after an hour. In the morning, she woke up at 3 am and refused to sleep. She lay in her play pen till 5.30am in the morning then feed her before she is willing to go back to sleep.

I am trying not to let her nap so much in the day but sometimes she will cry cause she wants to sleep. Cannot stop her also, bo bian..

Anyway, after visting Dr Kumar at least we know why she fuss and cry.. My tolerance level for her actually becomes better. I understand that she is uncomfortable and the worst part is we cannot do much for her. Just have to let her cry and wait for the discomfort to go away.

My girl refuse to sleep in play pen althought she never insists on air-con room. Me also having headache, day and night she just wants her yao lan. Though she need not be rock to sleep always.. I hope I can get her to kick the habit when she is feeling better.

Wow Deon, I can't imagine my baby refusing to slp in the middle of the nite. I think I'll just let him cry. These few days he has been waking up after 9.30am for his first feed. So no need to wake up in the middle of the nite anymore, except I always wake up at 10.30am and not enuff time to slp after his 9.30 feed.

Jenny - Really envy you leh... Look at the good side of your bb, no night feedings...

Mine, cannot.. Still have to wake up for night feedings.. There are luck days which I don't need to but it is all right. It is tiring but I don't mind waking up to feed her or carrying her. I am sure we will miss it when she is older and refuse to lt us feed or carry her :p

hahaha

My boy suddenly loves sleeping sideway himself this week. Dunno why he can turn himself to the side position. Is he learning to flip ?

Deon: Yup, not sure isit boys can slp through the nite faster. Everyday I'll talk to my boy n ask him when he will grow up. Haha

Kristle: My boy can flipped himself to his tummy already, he did it once on Sun and scare us.

Hi all,

Need help. My bb didnt poo poo for 3 days le. She drink breast milk in e day and her night feed is formula. She got a lot urine these 3 days but didnt pass motion. Kinda worried. If tmr till no, tnkinh of bring her go c doctor

Back