(2011/05) May 2011

Arisz, hope you managed to get the pump. A bit late but was thinking alternative is latch or manually express?

I read on the box that Sophie giraffe is totally safe for bb... Hope it's true,,.

Anyone's baby starting to teeth? Mine is drooling buckets and people say it's a sign of teething.. But he's not even 3 months yet, isn't it a bit early? Got teeth how to latch?? Sure damn pain.

Starfruit: thanks for advice

angie: thanks.. I'm better nw..

SharonL: drooling is normal.. Thou said is sign of teething.. But actually both my elder kids aso started drooling ard 3rd mth but they only got their 1st tooth at 8th mth

Mummies, I wanna rant about my hb.. He has been showing me his charcoal face since last week.. He did told me that he's so pissed off with his works.. This evening I ask him for allowance to pay my maid.. He told me he's broke, no $ for me to carry on spending excessively.. Im so puzzled that why did he said that? He told me that $xxk is missing from his account.. I told him off that I didn't even took his ATM card? Those necessities & groceries were being paid by me, I'm not complaining & why is he complaining? Even my sprees are not from him.. He told me off that I bought iPad for J.. I told him that both of us agreed to buy it for J's birthday present.. He told me off that he can't tolerate his partner squandered his money like these? I'm really buay song le.. How can he suspect me?

After I do the sums up for him, he told me that he couldnt be working for free, rite? After looking @ his transaction receipt again.. I point to him, "hey.. How come your balance is the same from 12/7 till now?". Then realize his pay has not yet credited. He didn't apologize after accusing me...

Mummies, do you get allowance from your hb or no? How should I avoid this happening again?

Dolly: dun get so fume up first. Relax.. I dun take money from my hubby Cux his fixed expenditure quite high.. In fact, I'm paying for my kids education, formula and sprees.. He gives his mum, kids insurance & maid, & kids enrichment.

Seems like ur hubby abit unbalance? Initially, does hemind that u use his money? Money is a sensitive issue, do talk it out instead of bottling it down.. If I were u, I'll shoot him off too. But, dun quarrel over a heated head.. And Wah! An iPad specially owned for a 2 yr old? Wah seh!

Dolly: I Noe how u feel.. For me, my hb doesn't give me any allowance n we usually will split e spending of home expenses n groceries..eg: when we go to supermarket to buy things.. We took turns to pay thou at times we aso argued on e amt we spent...

Mayb ur hb is stressed at his work recently.. Mayb find time to hv a gd talk wif him to clear the issue.. Dun b angry anymore..

@dolly: aiyo, can sense yr frustration. *hugs* perhaps hb had a really really bad week at work or so. hmm. sometimes i also get told off by hb for buying bb stuffs (which he deems unnecessary). i dun ask allowance fr hb.. usually groceries we buy tgt (so he pay lo). Only if like say emergency or once-in-awhile-shopping (wifout him), den will ask for 'grant' to use supp card. :p my hb very "shen shen shen" one.. totally opp of me. keke.

Today I brought my boy out for shopping after my #1 finished her class at 5+..to my horror when we stepped down fr car at Paragon carpark, he cried loudly like someone hit him!! Thereafter he refused to drink milk while I latch him and while we changed his diaper, nanny & me stunt..he is having green poo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] nanny said he got a shock and we quickly go EYS buy bao ying tan to apply on his mouth.

Nanny said probably the carpark "dirty"..wah think about it, I think I gonna stop bring him out in the evening ler..7th month just around the corner.

Cloudpoem - my nanny also cut abit of the promograte leaves to clean my boy if we go out at nite.

@cloud: now iPad very common among young bb. my cousin bought for her son when he was 9 mos old. now my hb already intending to get for bb next yr when she turn 1 yr old. -.-"

Apple: ur nanny very similar to my mil style.. Ya, my mil also say green poi is 'got frighten'. She always sees Bb face, if got slight green patch means Bb got scared.. Than immediately will let her taste tiny bit of 'Jin Fen San' and wash with promegrate leaves..

I'm thankful that my mil plant promegrate.. If not, can buy from outside?

iPad: Whao! I dun allow my kids to play too much actually.. Only after homework than can play. Theyre only toddlers, their toys should be imaginary play more than gadgets. Hurhurr. My 2 cents.

Cloudpoem, I think the older generation believe in all these taboo la..but seriously just now the cry is terrible!! and this is the 1st time he cried so badly, my gosh..I got frighten by his loud cry actually :p coz I try to put him on the bjorn carrier I thought he knocks against the knob.

I have promegrate plant too! My colleague bought for me when I preg. So nanny just snip abit and put in the water to clean bb body when we come home late. Actually she ask me get jin fen san but EYS lady said cannot give, bb is too young..so she intro us bao yin tan wor

Vicki

I'm latching now. My grandma says if theres menses, the milk is no longer good for the baby. Gosh.

Apple

It's quite scary to hear. I'm bringing my son out till late too. Hope he is find after taking the boa yin tan. Speaking of the lunar 7th month, when ismit starting? It is better to be safe than sorry. Heh

Sophie graffie :- its totally safe for baby to bite the spot cos its edible & organic. =)

Apple:- do let us know when u need the payment yea..

Wed17 aug outing:- very tempted to go meet u mummies next wed cos I manage to get off for the baby fair next wed at taka. Any mummies wanna go there instead of bedok point @ east. Tempted cos imma staying very near to bedok inter..omg. Who's going anw? I might wanna join.. =/

Haven't got my baby carrier yet thou.. Dunno which brand to buy, which is good for value. Anyone gt good lobang to share?

Baby scared:- I apply jin feng san for my boy everyday after he bath, a lil amount in the mouth. I guess it works for my baby loh. Maybe deon u wanna try? Since ur baby is somewhat lyk mine, keep crying & fussing at times for no apparent reason..

Cloud, precious & sunflower, of coz I know $$$ is very sensitive tO him & he's a super miser.. 1st of all, he don't have any high expenditure. We don't own a vehicle, & he doesn't have any loans on him... During my pregnancy, he's the one who pass me his atmcard, just in case if I need some cash.. After delivery, he's changed... Have never touched his card & I'm called a thief of stealing his money...

NOw both of us having insomnia, he himself has caused a crack of doubting me...

Precious mom, re drooling, certainly hope not teething so soon as you say... Else headache..

Dolly, I would be angry too if I were u.. Think can discuss upfront how much can be spent monthly for household, for bb, for yourself first? Then print out the transactions and highlight to him what you spent? Very ley cheh, but maybe just clearer to avoid him acccusing you.. Butm at the end of the day, He's prolly just stressed and lost it and he's prolly feeling real bad about it now..

Dolly, dun be so angry, afterall $$ is a sensitive issue. My hb dun give me allowance as he claim my pay is higher than him. He will pay for his car loan n kid insurances n while I pay utilities, groceries, miscellaneous bills. In fact, we just have an agruement over housing loan recently, on pay off or still on loan. Intially, he say I am selfish but after running thru the statement, he quiet down. My hb dun even want to give me a supplement card.

Any mummies planning to stop conceive? Which are the method that are good?

Kaykay, east side gathering is on different day from town gathering.

Sharon & bubble, thanks for consoling... He thought he can throw his temper around & suspect me since he's a high earner? He didn't even gave me a supp card too.. Sigh.. I really don't know what to say le... Gei sim..

morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just to check, any1 went to the spore expo John's little sale? Any good buys there to share? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kaykay - My hb already informed his colleague about the Sophie teether. He is helping us to scout at toy store in the mall, if cannot get then I'll order online and ship to him. I shall collect $$ after gotten the item.

dolly, understand how u feel... ever since i went on no pay leave and hubby giving me allowances, he will "nags" sometimes on my spending even thou some are out fr my own pocket but he thinks it's from his $$$... even sometimes going out to eat, he will "nags" on the amt tat going to pay.. sometimes i will pay but he will insists on paying and then "nags" me after tat... haiz.... he kept on saying tat now got another child and me not working, shd "watch" the spending lor. He gave me a supp card and asked me to take cabs when i was preg w no2 and incurred quite an amt and after delivery, i hardly use the card and sometimes he will "suan" me and said tat if i bring out the kids, i can take cab lor (can feel the "sour" in his tone) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hubby said tat I always brings children to PD and not polyclinic (expensive lor) when they r sick, buy toys for them when they already hve so many toys (but hubby bought IPOD for my girl and it's Okie wor)... the list goes on and on...

Do talk it out w yr hubby after both of u cool down...

apple, yr bb okie now?

bubblepearl, ME! stopping at two... not going for no3 as no $$$$/time/energy and age is catching up liao. Gynae suggested a few methods but not going for it...Just to share w u, a friend of mine took pills but later her skin terribly bad and got walnuts size tissues in her breast and need to operate to take it out... condoms will be the prevention tat we will be using bah.. dun like foreign objects or pills [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly dun be angry. Ya not right for hb to suspect u. Anyway he can see his transaction record n will know u didnt take the money. Is he facing some difficulties at work? Company not doing well thus he so kan cheong abt money all of a sudden? Suspect there may be some under lying factor. Anyway no harm telling him that he hurt u quite badly this time for accusing u of something which u never do.

West side mummies: rem to apply for Southwest CDC baby bliss card - it's a cashcard with stored value of $38 plus some other perks.

Auroa, he was not like this before W's delivered. & now he will say things like you all print money huh?

Starfruit, yeah recently he told me his increment only $100... Yesterday before we realize that his pay has not credited, he pinpoint me that im spending money like a millionaire? Or even hid some transaction away w/o his aware? Omg? I'm totally shaken! @ that moment of time, I feel our hearts has been drifted so far away... I don't expect him to supp me any card but I supp card to him..

I asked him whether he still remember our vow? Where's the mutual trust that we share?

Auroa - after reached home and nanny cleanse him + gave him abit of bao ying dan then he starts to smile. While we shop at Taka & Paragon, he was quite cranky espcially while I nursed him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dolly - don't be angry. It is not right for hb to suspect u but do talk things out.

dolly, maybe he's quite stress up recently and made those remarks.. i find it tat after delivery for no1 and no2, my hubby also quite tensed up.. going thru/adapting new arrival of bb, hospital expenses, new buying expenditures for bb, etc seems to be taking a toll on my hubby.. he said tat got output no input [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

U know recently the huggies promo on the BBQ grill set? I told hubby tat i will use own $$ to buy diapers and redemn it and ended up he "nags' at me.. saying abt storage and $$$... haiz.. i guess when comes to spending $$$, they will "jump".. got to tell him nicely why need to spend (provided i'm in a good mood)... sometimes feel quite hurt to hear him saying tat buy things tat doesn't need (esp things tat r specially bought for him and ganna "shot" by him) and "storing" in the house will be a fire hazard... feel like knocking his head. I normally ignore him and after he cools down liao, he happily talk to me abt other stuff and after tat will explain why he's not happy abt it.

Give both yourself some time to cool down and talk abt it.. dun let $$$ issues create a crack in yr relationship ... hope u 2 will make up soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple, come to think of it.. there's a few times tat i bought my boy to paragon (his PD's clinic located at level 7) and when we went to carpark to pick up the car, he ended up crying non-stop and i thought he's hungry and tried to nurse him in car but he just kept on crying... ended up, we went out of the car and went to level 5 nursing rm to nurse him.. maybe the carpark really not "clean" hor.

Auroa, of coz I know he's stresses up.. Last month I did told him that I'm buying clothes for both #1&2, especially #2 he outgrown faster.. Its all from my own pocket & didn't even get him to pay.. I even told him that whatever things ibuy, I will consult him 1st. Just like my medela freestyle & a mini freezer.. I point to him that I don't take/buy w/o his knowledge.. Till he claimed that w/in a month I've spent his $$$ is equivalent to my oneyear of pay???? I was like huh? Sure anot? Again he comments that he's going to report fraud against me... Is this how he should treat me? Will you tell your other partner this before investigating what's the cause?

dolly: dun angry dun angry... i agree it is quite sensitive when it cum to money... me n hubby oso quarrel alot of times regarding money until we sit now n talk on how to solve the problem... i dun get allowance from hubby... he gave me some supp card strictly for bb items n groceries like the ntuc one... so for bb items or groceries i will use the supp cards den when the bills cum den we split half loh... faster n easier... those using cash like my online buying... i will ask him 1st... if he agree i will add on when it is time to settle the bills... for money issue maybe u need to sit down with ur hubby and talk things out... if not it will really strand the relationship between u n ur hubby... me n hubby talk alot of time n try alot of method until we finally settle in this method... so now we seldom quarrel abt money oredi...

bubble: me me!! stopping at 2... one more tink i will go crazy... most likely i will use the IUD method... they are 2 types... will choose the hormones one... got to change every 5 years....

Dolly - Cool down, don't be so angry. Money is a sensitive issue. It is wise to sit down and talk over it. Breakdown the family expenses and go through who should pay for what.

It is not a nice feeling to be accused. Your hubby is not right to jump to conclusion but it could be due to work, increase expenses, stress etc.

For me I do not take allowance from hubby, anyway I tried to take. He said I am working I should not be taking allowance from him.

But we agree on who should pay for what and how much savings to set aside for oour bb girl. Sometimes, he will forget about it and needs to be reminded.

I think we are arguing more over our bb girl now cause it is our first child.

Relax and breathe

Hello Mummies,

Thank you for the number for the PD. She was crying non-stop yesterday and I couldn't wait and brought her to TMC last night. The PD told me she got lot of wind in her stomach and is causing her pain. PD gave her some medicine to pass out the wind and medicine to let her sleep. She is so tired from all the crying and she feel so uncomfortable and cannot get to sleep.

I felt so lousy that I failed to notice that she is unwell.. I thought she was throwing temper. Haiz..

I guess there is a lot much more for me to learn as a parent.

Thank you all for your kind advise and concerns...

I'm also very piss off with mu husband. Even weekends he promised to help me feed baby at nite also no use. Coz no matter what time he also tell me he wan to go and poo, ask me to feed myself. Then baby cried at 9am he also poo, sometimes baby wake up 5am he also poo. Then just now baby cried at 9am after a while he asked me to handle myself coz he wan to poo again!!! So angry mon to sun I'm all by myself. Even weekends wan to sleep a little longer also cannot!!!

Deon: If can discover someting wrong is better. At least after medicine all these baby will get better. Last week I also tot the same as u. Only after this incident then I know this is how baby behave when they are unwell. This is ur no 1 too?

Deon at least u found out wat is wrong. And yes bb usually do not cry non stop if they do it means they are unwell must quickly bring to see PD. Hope ur ger gets better soon.

I think most hb are very cautious on money my hb nags at my shopping too n i will try to control also.

I dun take allowance from my hubby as he is paying for the children insurance, all the bills and the goceries. I pay for my own spending and buy stuffs for my children as it my own money he didn't complaint.

My hubby dun help much on taking care of the children. Only know how to play. Once cry/poo he will throw them back to me. Haha. I'm used to it Liao.

blurlemon, Same here. Husband always play with baby for a while but once baby cry he will tell me he wan to do this do that n faster throw to me. -_- And when say him he will always say mum is always the most wei da one.

Dolly: the word fraud is really too much...but still try to talk to him when u both calm down...maybe he has somethings troubling him thus the change of attitude...

Deon: glad u found the reason to the frequent crying...hope she gets well soon...

Jenny: the pooing part is really hilarious le...was laughing to myself while reading...I have a feeling your hb is quite a humorous guy.

Starfruit: same here my hb also will nag when I spree too much but also good in a way at least there is someone to remind n control me...if not sth really end up buying too much...

Hi Jenny,my husband has the same excuse as your husband. Whenever ask him to feed baby he will say he want to poo. Sometimes I gt so fed up, I ask him to endure. Just now saw your post I was telling him you are not the only one who use this excuse n he was laughing.

Hubs-bashing, I wanna join too!

When I'm pumping milk and baby cries, he will not do anything one. Say got helper to look after. But At least go and check out why crying right??

Then say we eating then bb cries very angrily till we can hear from dining area, end up always I'm the one who go and check one.

At night if bb cries, also me wake up.

9 out of 10 times he sleeps through the cries one.

When bb poo, always got something to do and Pass the baby

to me to change.

Don't want to learn how to bathe baby, say older already Then bathe him. I told him older already bby will bathe himself, don't need him already.

Men. Tsk.

The need to go and poo excuse is classic. Wonder if my hubs will use that soon. At least I will be ready for it.

(hope he doesn't read cos he knows my nick in this forum)

Sunflower, be it latch/pump, theoretically won't have menses at all cos no ovulation,which is a natural contraceptive method.but I heard of cases still kena pregnant when bf.so I guess depend on d body too. Even myself,#1 I had,#2 not yet tho I have some discharge.

Contraceptive method,intend to use iud but worried cos I m prone to infection. I used condom end up still gotten my #2 & enuf for us

heheee, my husband also use the excuse to poo whenever my children fussing... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re menses during bfing

Actually menses will come eventually even when u bf. Doesn't mean u exclusive pump or exclusive feed, the menses will not come. During my #1's time it came exactly after 6 mths. I suspect this time round may be around the same time as well. Actually during period of menses, supply may dip a little n milk will taste a bit diff for bb. But its ok one, just cont to feed.

Menses:

My period came after I stopped bf.. Thar is 9 months later.. I hope it doesn't come too early. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Contraceptive:

My gynae recommend me 'mirinda' it's IUD method and need to reinsert every 5yrs. Cost about $600 or $800. I ask gynae if I need 20yrs, he say I need to put 30yrs.. *jaw drop

Dolly

Hope u're feeling better? Has it been resolved?

Kay:

U were asking about Bb carrier or sling?

Hmm, alot of us are using pupsik. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] now got gss and new design, u can purchase now.. I think I'm investing in bjorn too. Cux pupsik quite hot, than I'm a natural radiator, Bb will fuss if I sling too long~

Sigh! I'm starting work Tomoro.. So not looking forward.. I think I'll cry Tomoro when I leave Bb @ home for work. Sigh..

Mummies, my hb & I have make up le.. Thanks to his driving instructor.. Make his day.. He told me he feel depress of work, driving lesson & home... But he hope that I can help to fork out with the daily expenses..

Cloud: u starting work tomolo?times really flies so fast.. All e best in ur 1st of work!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] jia you!!

Moo mum: thanks for e link

Cloud: so fast...ya all the best too! I heard bjorn quite warm too...unless u get the higher range kind...more airy...

dolly: glad to hear tt...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back